1218 Pine St
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://robertsrestaurantpaso.com/
- Phone: 8052265556x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Picard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full Catering Division, which includes Special Event and Wedding Production at several beautiful Paso Robles wineries, in addition to offsite locations chosen by the guest. Fully Upholstered plush chairs, tables, linens, service staff and Banquet Chef available for each event. Catering team has 5 yrs experience in catering and special events. A multitude of menu options and price points from which to choose.
Future guests may arrange for a private menu tasting in the ROBERT'S dining room with the special event manager, Amanda Landon - Contact her at email@example.com
- Special Events: Month Guest Winery Dinners include several courses of intriguing, delicious entrees paired perfectly with the winemakers portfolio of favorite wines. Prices are from $65-75 per ticket and include an evening of fun, education and abundant portions of delicious foods and local wines.
A word from Robert's Restaurant
ROBERT'S is located on down town off the park, and boasts a warm welcoming dining room with plush hand made upholstered chairs, framed black and white photography and friendly service. The atmosphere is simultaneously elegant and casual. Exec.Chef Justin Picard has created a menu that celebrates the best of American traditions w/ a modern California twist. Juicy Steaks, Grilled Fish, a unique Beef Stroganoff, and Succulent Pork Chops are a few examples. Chef Justin's creative and modern approach results in beautifully prepared foods that are beautiful, satisfying and abundant, yet reasonably priced. The service staff offer pairing suggestions and tastes of local wines from the notable wine menu, enabling you to find your perfect glass. Gather with your friends and family in a dining room that makes you feel both "uptown and right at home". Trip Advisor excellence award winner 2012,2013,2014Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Robert's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Robert's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)fit for foodies (68)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (50)notable wine list (48)good for groups (17)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- found me a special bottleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014While perusing the wine lisr online I had a strong interest in a particular wine. I was highly disappointed whe told it was no longer available. I settled on something else which I also enjoyed. A little bit later the waiter came back and poured me a glass of what I wanted originally. He found some at their sister restaurant. He then let me buy the 2 bottles he had left. That's what I call exemplary service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurant in town!Beachgirl9999VIPDined on 10/12/2014The atmosphere is great! Nice but casual feel. The food was excellent! They use local, in season ingredients. Everything was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014We will be going back, for certain, the next time we are in Paso. There are many good restaurants in Paso and Robert's is one of the best.Special Features:
- Our annual treatYachtiegirlDined on 10/10/2014We are from out of town and tried Roberts last year. Loved it so much we went back again and liked it even more. We will be back next time in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Bar, but good wine listGordonistaDined on 10/10/2014This is an exceptional restaurant in downtown Paso Robles. It does not have a bar, but considering it's in the heart of the Paso Robles wine growing region, that's not unexpected. Good wine list and great food. Nice very clean atmosphere with an ambient noise level that actually permits you to have a conversation without having to shout across the table. A very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014The nice restaurant I've been missing since I moved here from Orange CountySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealEmptynestDined on 10/5/2014Roberts was recommended to us by a number of people during our wine tasting tour. We ordered the salmon and it was an excellent pick. Very moist, lots of flavor. Our server, Patrick, was very attentive. We will definitely return on our next trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but has it lost its way?CommodoreBDined on 10/4/2014Roberts was an amazing restaurant when it first opened in Paso. Chef changed and the wow factor of the dishes has waned. Wait staff is great and the place is well run but the flavors and flare are lacking, sadly. Great memories from their opening weekend.Special Features:
- perfect for special nightLooking4localDined on 10/4/2014the atmosphere was great, service very friendly. ordered a steak which was cooked perfect. disappointed in the mac/cheese side, will just try another side next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We have been dining at Robert's for a few years now. We always plan to eat there at least once, sometimes twice when we are in town. You can't miss if you are looking for a great dinner for 2 or a group. Elegant atmosphere, but casual Paso attire is ok. No jeans or shorts. Great Paso wine list! I'm a fan of the salmon and my husband loves the Mahi Mahi. Ask for Trevor to serve you, if he is working that night! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in PasoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The Snapper Oscar was divine with everything well proportioned and delicious. The service was fabulous and my water glass never went empty! Enjoyed the classic color and design of the restaurant and the friendly waiter (Patrick) and the beautiful hostess. My wife and I had a wonderful experience and I will return on my next visit to Paso.Special Features:
- Excellent3maltzDined on 10/2/2014I haven't been to Robert's for dinner in quite a while. I've benn for lunch and found it ok. But dinner was excellent. We both had the fish specials, cooked perfectly, accompanying vegetables were amazing, good bread and great service. Patrick was our server. He was attentive yet gave us privacy. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming back...ZGirlVIPDined on 9/29/2014From our first by chance visit going thru town to now making it destination dining in Paso, we will keep coming back for all it offers from menu, food, presentation, ambience and special bonus the fabulous staff.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014Everything was absolutely superb--wonderful food, friendly staff, very sedate surrounding to enjoy your meal. Delicious specials.Special Features:
- One of our favorite. RestauurantsGreatRestaurantDined on 9/28/2014The food,service and ambiance is always great. We always include Roberts as our first choice when we visit Paso Robles.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great and ambiance was perfect for nice, romantic dinner. Advised we were celebrating a birthday on my Open Table reservation and waiter acknowledged. However, birthday dessert was not brought out until bill paid so we ended up taking to go. For the most part, service was great until more reservations came in. It seemed like our waiter was assigned to too many tables as the evening got busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at Robert's last weekend, the food was great and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Paso Robles dining.nodoubtDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time dining at Robert's, and both my wife and I think it's a great restaurant. We've brought different visiting family members both times for dinner, everyone had different dishes, and everyone was quite happy with what they had. The ambiance is very nice, better than most of the restaurants in Paso. The service was also really good, the staff well informed, attentive, and nice without being over the top. It's a fairly small restaurant, so the staff can keep tabs on everything going on. I think this is one of the top five restaurants in Paso Robles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MirrorHimDined on 9/21/2014We opted to celebrate my husband's birthday at Robert's. He ordered a steak, asking that it be cooked medium well. As it turned out, it was cooked medium rare. Still, he found it very good. I chose Beef Stroganoff short ribs, and they did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpencerDined on 9/20/2014We were very please with the Roberts restaurant. One of the best meals we have had in Paso and found the restaurant ambiance to be very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningAwesomeDined on 9/17/2014Trevor, our server, really made our anniversary special. Awesome Chef Great Wine - #1 on our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014All was great except at the beginning of our meal, the conversation next to us dominated our table--don't know if the tables are a bit too close or if it was just the one particular voice. Less of a problem with the next party at the same table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We had the Sea Bass special and the Mahi Mahi and both were fantastic! It was somewhat pricey but well worth it. Their service was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough chop-Sept 13OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Robert's is always pleasant. Food and service are good, usually. My pork chop was so tough I could not eat. Unfortunately our waitress never came back to check so I continued to eat sides (as I was hungry). She never did make it over to check so when we were finished the person picking up plates was astute enough to ask why my entree was not eaten. She did remove half of meal from bill. Will I go back? Not sure. Previous experiences were good..............I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visitpalmdesertdogDined on 9/12/2014This was our second visit in a year. Not quite as good this time around. This was an anniversary celebration and apparently we were supposed to get a glass of champagne. Never came. We started with the cheese plate - excellent and plentiful! It says for two, but three or four could be happy with that plate. My wife had the special - Cioppino. She said it was very good. I had the fish special which I thought was undercooked. It was quite rare and a little gristley. Not sashimi quality. The dessert of chocolate cake with scoop of ice cream was very good. Still like the restaurant but thought it had dropped in quality just a bit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- knatsknatsDined on 9/12/2014There were little knats all over us throughout our meal. This was distracting and made our experience less that positive. The food was good but very expensive - not really worth the price. We will not be returning.
- Traveler MArtmariDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I have enjoyed this restaurant in the past, but our last visit was not up to par. My husbands steak was very fatty with gristle. He asked for medium, but it was more like rare. He also was served mac and cheese rather than the red potatoes he asked for. My dinner was not hot when served with the exception of the potatoes. After the food was dropped off the server did not stop by to ask about our dinners. We were able to get his attention and the red potatoes were delivered toward the end of the meal. After we had finished we were asked about the meal and we mentioned the problems. A piece of cake was brought to compensate us. The dinner was a disappointment as we were celebrating my Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great In Wine countryFredDined on 9/9/2014We had lunch one day and dinner the next. We were really impressed, the soup of the day was the best We have had. The No Oak Chard. was wonderful.Special Features:
- irish1101VIPDined on 9/6/2014Robert's is a highly rated Paso Robles restaurant that we found to be enjoyable; not spectacular but pretty decent. My wife had the rack of lamb and I the fish of the day, The rack with a red wine sauce was done perfectly as were the green beans but the potato pave a bit too much. My sea bass was as I had hoped although I wished for a bit more taste to the macadamia crust. The fallen chocolate cake was very good. Angie, our waitress was very nice and knowledgeable about the various dishes.Special Features:
- Best Meal of the Week!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/6/2014On a recent five day trip to Paso Robles/Cambria, this was the best overall dining experience we had. We were celebrating our anniversary and let the restaurant know when we reserved. Our experience did not have an auspicious beginning: we were seated next to the kitchen, our waiter had to be reminded we were not there for a race to the finish, and no mention was made of our special day. Once past the bumpy start though, we found an excellent wine list featuring local wines, and the menu quite varied. We each had a special of the day - Cioppino for my husband, and sustainably caught local sea bass. Both dishes were outstanding in both flavor and presentation, and we thoroughly enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestsGoldens4jbDined on 9/1/2014We often take friends from out of town to Robert's because we know we'll have an enjoyable evening. This visit, like all the others, included excellent food and service. A large group was seated near us that raised the noise level near the end of our meal but, unlike some other downtown restaurants, it was quiet enough to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Great Paso Robles RestaurantssibelDined on 8/31/2014I had this amazing salad with melons/feta cheese two nights ago. It was simple but fresh and tasty. The cheese plate was really good. The amount of cheese they serve was a chock to me. We get tiny piece of cheese slices for $12 in Orange County. Very good local wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look for us soon!ZGirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014We arrived from out-of-town looking for a lunch spot last weekend and found Robert's just off the park. It was so enjoyable - the ambiance - the food - the service by Trevor we drove back the next weekend for dinner. Fabulous. Look for us soon!Special Features:
- PerfectionOuttoeatyespleaseDined on 8/29/2014Food was outstanding! Best filet I have ever had!! My husband had the rib-eye and it was excellent as well. Celebrated our 5th anniversary here. Staff was friendly and attentive but not annoying. Loved the dining room atmosphere and music. Can't wait to come back! Would definitely recommend Robert's to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal for our anniversarybirchbearsDined on 8/24/2014We found Roberts on Open Table while searching for a nice place to celebrate our anniversary. The food was wonderful! The macadamia nut crusted Halibut was so good! The salads were fresh and inventive flavor combinations. Especially like the baby arugula salad with toasted hazel nuts and goat's cheese "snow" on top. The service was excellent... it was as if he "read our minds" and was there whenever we needed anything or to make just the right suggestion. Wish we lived in Paso Robles so we could go back more often, but we will definitely go to Roberts whenever we are in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great food and the staff was extremely attentive. Tasty tapenade was served with bread. We had spring rolls appetizers that were served with a sweet but savory dipping sauce. I had the pan roasted chicken breast and it was moist, perfectly done. It was served with a tasty onion reduction sauce and a generous portion of roasted potatoes, cherry tomatoes and green beans.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014It was our first time here, but we loved everything and can't wait to come back! I had the fish & chips which were great and my husband had the pork loin fajita sandwich and he has been raving about it to everyone! Trevor, our server was great and very knowledgable! Loved the atmosphere as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningJanniePDined on 8/20/2014Robert's Restaurant offers a varied menu with delicious choices. The portions are huge though so maybe best to skip the appetizers and head straight to the entrees. Service was attentive and excellent. No problem when I requested that my (massive) pork chop was cooked a bit more. Patrick our waiter was particularly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousfoodielindaDined on 8/20/2014I am a Paso Robles resident and had not eaten at Robert's prior to this past week. I don't eat out often but I am definitely a fan of good food, I even wrote a book about it. Robert's food is delicious. The pork belly appetizer was divine. Loved the flavor, the texture, the presentation. Will go there again just for that. The sadad was tasty. I had the rack of lamb for an entree and it was amazing. The taste and presentation was lovely. Cooked to perfection. If you are looking for food that is delicious and familiar Robert's is a wonderful place.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteLocalgirlDined on 8/15/2014They do everything right. More upscale than the restaurants down the block, but the prices are the same. Out of town friends were impressed. Have never had a dish we didn't like. Great local wines you won't find everywhere.Special Features: