Roberts Restaurant at the Omni Shoreham
2500 Calvert Street NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Roberts Restaurant at the Omni Shoreham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/WashingtonDCShoreham/Dining.aspx
- Phone: 2027565210
- Hours of Operation:
Art of Breakfast Buffet (weekdays) 6:30am-10:30am
Art of Breakfast Buffet (weekends) 6:30am-11:30am
A la Carte Breakfast (weekdays) 6:30am-11:00am
A la Carte Breakfast (weekends) 6:30am-11:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dan Murray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Robert's Private Dining Room is the perfect venue to host your next special event! Our elegant decorated room can comfortably seat 24 guests. During the warmer months, your guests may enjoy a private section of our terrace overlooking Rock Creek Park and our beautiful gardens.
- Private Party Contact: Deboris Gullatt and/or Rasul Jumyazov 2024231279
- Special Events: Robert's Private Dining Room is an excellent choice to host your next affair. Our elegantly decorated room can hold up to 24 guests for a seated event. During the warmer months, enjoy a private section of our terrace overlooking Rock Creek Park and our beautiful gardens.
- Cross Street: Connecticut Avenue
- Public Transit: Woodley Park/Adams Morgan Red Line Metro, Circulator Bus and 96, L1, L2, L4 and X3 Bus Lines
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The Omni Shoreham Hotel offers complimentary valet parking for all restaurant guests. Please present your restaurant receipt to the valet attendant for validation. Valet parking on Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas is $10.00 + tax.
A word from Roberts Restaurant at the Omni Shoreham
Our casually elegant restaurant invites you to a unique dining experience orchestrated by Executive Chef Dan Murray and his Culinary Team. Our menu features local ingredients from regional farms to create Comfort Cuisine. We also feature a Children's Menu available at all meal periods. Make reservations for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner seven days a week and join the list of presidents, world leaders and Washington dignitaries who have graced the Omni with their presence. Robert's Restaurant is open daily at 6:30am, serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roberts Restaurant at the Omni Shoreham reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (3)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We were at the hotel for a wedding and enjoyed several delicious meals at Roberts. The staff was particularly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014disappointing but conveniently located in our hotel
- Nothing ExcitingTommyVIPDined on 8/24/2014Roberts was not my idea of a great night out. The service was okay but there was a very limited menu. The food was good but lacked the fine dining quality. For a hotel dining experience it will serve best at breakfast and lunch. I would dine at dinner elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 breakfasts & 2 dinnersNickDined on 7/23/2014Breakfast buffet was very good. The coffee was excellent, plentiful. The smoked salmon was terrific. All other items very good. At dinner scallops were excellent quality, although on 2 nights they were a tad sandy. Breakfast buffet above expectations. Coffee excellent & plentiful. Smoked salmon high quality. All else, good to very good. Nicely laid out. Good service. Dinner two nights in a row: scallops delicious, although a tad sandy. Salad nice. Waiter, not as good.Special Features:
- Can't wait to do it Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Robert's is an absolute delight! The Dining Room is absolutely gorgeous and the food was terrific - both evening dinner and breakfast buffet (completely gourmet and "cook to order". Hats off to the whole experience.Special Features:
- The A/C Wasn't WorkingPamperedGuestDined on 7/3/2014The reputation, service and food is really impeccable. However, when the indoor portion of the restaurant is as hot as it is outside...the experience is diminished.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 143 reviews are from the Roberts Restaurant at the Omni Shoreham reviews archive.
- Great atmosphere and good foodMotagsDined on 6/18/2014Roberts is a favorite for breakfast and brunch. Dinner is also very good. Their prices above average but along with that comes the quaint environment, the quality of food and good service which is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice, beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014we were very pleased by the food ,by the setting and by the serviceSpecial Features:
- Beautiful Dinning Room Food AverageBailey123Dined on 5/16/2014This is the hotel dinning room. It is very elegant and beautiful with lots of glass and windows. We chose this because we were in town for a graduation and staying at the hotel. The food choices on the menu were rather limited and they were out of the meatloaf that my husband most wanted. My husband had the pasta crab dish, my daughter the baked chicken, I had a salad. All were average...noting of note. The service was good. We had a drink in the hotel bar before dinner....I would recommend it! The bar also serves food, which if we returned we would try. Very good service in the bar and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful,ESfromDCDined on 5/11/2014I took a friend out for his birthday on the Sunday evening, Mother's Day, and I was worried that service would be poor because of the day. To the contrary, everything was very well done. I have been to this restaurant in the past for lunch and dinner, and once for a Thanksgiving menu. I have never been disappointed. Roberts consistently presents great menu choices, good service, excellent food, nice presentation, and fantastic ambience. It's a simple and quiet restaurant. The vaulted ceilings and massive chandeliers in the dining room create an old Europe experience. But the ambience is far from stuffy. The the outdoor tables, on the terrace, and on the patio, overlook a beautiful formal garden. Roberts is worth a special trip.Special Features:
- Convenient, good food1kidfamilyDined on 4/20/2014My family and I travel to DC every year and have quickly discovered that it can be difficult finding good restaurants in the Woodley Park area. We ate here for Breakfast: the buffet, while pricey, was a great choice. There is a great variety and you can eat until you are sure it will hold you over for an early dinner. The food is fresh and delicious. I particularly LOVED the crab eggs benedict. Dinner: We've learned what to avoid (crab mac n cheese) and what to enjoy (shrimp caesar salad, meatloaf, salmon). The service is excellent if you go on the weekend when it is busier, but can be slow on weekdays. The most recent visit we also ordered appetizers: onion soup which was served warm not hot, and the scallop appetizer that was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free!dineoutoftenDined on 4/20/2014We had a lovely Easter Brunch last Sunday. We especially appreciated the excellent gluten-free crab cakes since we are gluten free. Thanks! We also appreciated the way several staff members constantly checked on us. Outstanding service! We went to the Omni Shoreham for brunch a couple of months ago and was very impressed that they had a gluten-free section for their brunch. That's why we decided to go there for Easter Brunch and will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapitolBrendaOntheGoDined on 4/6/2014Nice restaurant for business breakfasts and lunches. Food is nice, private areas, and quick services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its an average place to eatEatsoutalotDined on 3/27/2014Food and service was good i had expected more from an omni but it is convenient and decent.Special Features:
- Don't hesitate to ask for serviceGlnivenVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had dinner there and would have had a bad experience had the hostess not stepped in to take our order, get our drinks and just make us feel welcome! Kudos to her after we asked her to help us in the absence of our server. Told they had been slammed (while we saw maybe 10 tables occupied), our hostess stepped in gracefully till our server stepped in, professionally, like a team player. We had a couple orders of beet carpaccio (3 kinds of beets done three ways), scallops that were perfect and delicious chicken pot pies. Food was good and menu is really varied and well prepared and plated. Oh, we were there to catch up and the noise level was low and intimate. Totally conducive to talking!Special Features:
- Excellent food, but a bit stuffylmichelleDined on 3/5/2014I was here for a business dinner, for which this is an excellent choice - I wouldn't go there for a social night out though as it is rather stuffy. They had a Washington State themed menu, from which I ordered Cider Braised Beef which was absolutely beautiful. I also had Scallops as an appetizer, which were great. One of my colleagues mentioned a problem with the service - he didn't receive his salad despite asking about it a few times. Then the waiter apologized and offered free dessert, but didn't bring that either. My personal experience was that the service was unremarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good for a hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2014Pretty good for a hotel restaurant gets very busy a lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely mealbdbroonzyDined on 2/22/2014The restaurant was extremely quiet for a Saturday night, which made me wonder whether other reviews had led us astray. But everything was quite good. The crab mac n' cheese, stuffed meatloaf, and three beet salad were outstanding. The crab cakes could have used a bit less filler and a bit more seasoning but that is a minor quibble. The service was attentive and friendly. The room is just beautiful. We were at the end of an exhausting convention week and this dinner was exactly what we needed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected better food for the pricedcarearesidentDined on 2/14/2014I expected better food for the price. I went on V-day, paid $140 for my date and I and was unfortunately underwhelmed with the food.
- Good business lunchJanetDined on 1/14/2014We have lunch at the Roberts Restaurant during a huge convention at the Shoreham. I was smart enough to make reservations and the place was packed. The staff was very responsive and professional. The food was good. It took a while to arrive, which was fine with us because we had business to discuss anyway. The staff was very patient and didn't try to hurry us up. It worked out very well. So, bottom line, good option during a conference but make reservations and don't be in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sets a standard for hotel dining.anonDined on 1/13/2014The food and service is reliably good, prices are fair, and ambiance pleasing. Low noise levels permit conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect for businessMaryDined on 1/13/2014Excellent attentive service without being intrusive means a first class venue for a business discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant hotel dining at the OmnicnalscVIPDined on 1/5/2014We ate at Roberts the last night of our stay at the Omni. It's an open restaurant visisble from the hotel lobby and is well appointed. During our stay, it did a brisk breakfast/brunch/lunch business owing to meetings being held in the hotel. (The omelette station looked fantastic.) By the time of our dinner on Sunday night, it was deserted. As a result, service was slow, if pleasant. We had salads and hamburgers with all the fixings. The menu covers the basics; the wine list has some interesting selections. We assume the view in the summer is gorgeous, since the restaurant looks out over Rock Creek Park. If you're staying at the Omni and need a convenient location for a meal, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereTdubyuDined on 12/31/2013Excellent food and and wine selection. Lovee the Crab cakes and the ambiance was the best.Special Features:
- GreatOut4theniteDined on 12/31/2013Do not let the fact that this restaurant being in a hotel stop you. The chef was great our waiter was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerAnneJohnDined on 12/25/2013This is the place to go for a five star, sumptuous dinner in a palatial, marvelously decorated dining room. The chairs were plush and relaxing and there was so much space between tables the experience almost seemed private. There were only three four-course offerings to choose from: a wonderful on-the-bone beef tenderloin, a delicious shrimp dish, and a vegetarian dish, each with interesting sides. The butternut squash soup was a scrumptious starter, followed by a salad, the entree, and dessert, plus beverages, all for $61.00 per person. The service was attentive but not intrusive, and all our questions and needs were dealt with to our complete satisfaction. We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely dinner hereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/24/2013We had a lovely dinner here on Christmas Eve. The food was marvelous, the service appropriately attentive, the room beautifully decorated and we could actually have a conversation over dinner. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Nice hotel restaurantQBillVIPDined on 11/28/2013This is a very nice place. We had the Thanksgiving Day turkey dinner, which was excellent. We wouldn't go to this restaurant except for a special occasion because it is so very, very expensive. Service was a little slow at times, but mostly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort mealDrJaDined on 11/21/2013I ordered the meatloaf entree. It was well-cooked, tasty, and "comforting." The server, Mary, was attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless fillet mignon withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2013Flawless fillet mignon with bernaise sauce. Delicious vidalia onion bisque with lump crab. We were guests at the hotel, ate at many other local restaurants during our stay, but there was no need to go out at all. This one was the best of the lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Hotel ResaurantSCTravelerDined on 10/30/2013Very good hotel restraunt. Not a lot of atmosphere but everything was excellent, excellent seafood. Great first night restaurant when to not want to hassle with going out. Stafff very attentive and very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2013Came here for a restaurant week lunch. While the food was good and the staff friendly and accommodating, I would say the most pleasant surprise was the ambience. Eating at the terrace felt like we were in an English garden. Quite unexpected if you were just passing by and looking at the front of the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service is very slow andKennyVIPDined on 7/30/2013The service is very slow and the staff ignore you.Special Features:
- Go for the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2013Roberts is special. Eating on the patio is terrific when it is not too hot or humid. The menu has changed and declined a bit since I was there last time. Service continues to be outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service on Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Four of us went on a 3-hour sailing excursion on Mother's Day, so we were dressed in casual clothes (jeans, etc.). We got there 10 minutes before our reservation at 5:00 and we were the only occupied table. 10 minutes later a group of 3 well dressed people came into the restaurant. Our waitress spent all her time chatting with the well dressed group and ignored our table. We waited 10 minutes after we finished our meal (food quality was excellent) before she came to check on us, and we had to ask for dessert menus. She then disappeared again and we had to wait for her to take our dessert order. We had to wait another 10 minutes after we finished dessert before she checked on us again and we could get our check. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!
- Great Dinner and BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2013Beautiful and unique historical setting. Attentive, helpful service. Exceptional options for our celiac daughter who must eat gluten free. Great walk in the gardens after dinner. Will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch OK, Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2013We usually stay at the Omni Shoreham when we visit our daughter in D.C. This time, the hotel was full but we returnrd to Roberts for their Sunday brunch. We were disappointed this time as it seemed that nobody was in charge and the various dishes were low to empty, even after we asked them to replenish. The room is magnificent and our waiter was great, until he disappeared when we were ready to leave. I do not know if I'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved everything aboutjlouDined on 5/2/2013We loved everything about it, especially the outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Experience1foodieDined on 5/2/2013We were staying at the Omni Hotel while attending a meeting. We ate dinner at Robert's which is located in the lobby of the hotel. We both ordered the seafood of the day which was red snapper and it was excellent. We also ordered one of the salads on the menu and it was fresh and delicious. Our server was very attentive and friendly. We would definitely eat there again if we return for a visit and are staying at that particular hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had dinner here mainluKathyVIPDined on 3/18/2013We had dinner here mainlu for convenience. Everyone did enjoy their meals, the butternut squash soup was very good.