Roberts Restaurant at the Omni Shoreham
2500 Calvert Street NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Roberts Restaurant at the Omni Shoreham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/WashingtonDCShoreham/Dining.aspx
- Phone: (202) 756-5210
- Hours of Operation:
Art of Breakfast Buffet (weekdays) 6:30am-10:30am
Art of Breakfast Buffet (weekends) 6:30am-11:30am
A la Carte Breakfast (weekdays) 6:30am-11:00am
A la Carte Breakfast (weekends) 6:30am-11:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dan Murray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Robert's Private Dining Room is the perfect venue to host your next special event! Our elegant decorated room can comfortably seat 24 guests. During the warmer months, your guests may enjoy a private section of our terrace overlooking Rock Creek Park and our beautiful gardens.
- Private Party Contact: Deboris Gullatt and/or Rasul Jumyazov 2024231279x
- Special Events: Robert's Private Dining Room is an excellent choice to host your next affair. Our elegantly decorated room can hold up to 24 guests for a seated event. During the warmer months, enjoy a private section of our terrace overlooking Rock Creek Park and our beautiful gardens.
- Cross Street: Connecticut Avenue
- Public Transit: Woodley Park/Adams Morgan Red Line Metro, Circulator Bus and 96, L1, L2, L4 and X3 Bus Lines
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The Omni Shoreham Hotel offers complimentary valet parking for all restaurant guests. Please present your restaurant receipt to the valet attendant for validation. Valet parking on Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas is $10.00 + tax.
A word from Roberts Restaurant at the Omni Shoreham
Our casually elegant restaurant invites you to a unique dining experience orchestrated by Executive Chef Dan Elinan and his Culinary Team. Our menu features local ingredients from regional farms to create Comfort Cuisine. We also feature a Children's Menu available at all meal periods. Make reservations for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner seven days a week and join the list of presidents, world leaders and Washington dignitaries who have graced the Omni with their presence. Robert's Restaurant is open daily at 6:30am, serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roberts Restaurant at the Omni Shoreham reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (3)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- We had dinner here mainluKathyVIPDined on 3/18/2013We had dinner here mainlu for convenience. Everyone did enjoy their meals, the butternut squash soup was very good.
- They did not have my reservationdavidjVIPDined on 3/5/2013They did not have my reservation when I and my guests arrived. It was very embarrassing. I should still get the points and some other consideration. Also, the kitchen clearly forgot my order as my guests were well through their meals before I could get the waiter's attention and he rushed into the kitchen. It took a while after that for the food to arrive.
- Open walls restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013Open walls restaurant with little or no privacy. Food is very average. They could use a better chef, to say the least.Special Features:
- Restuarant was a bit noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2012Restuarant was a bit noisy due to a group dinner. They were actually firing off firecrackers in which the host had to come and tell them they were not allowed to do that. My family and I was expecting a little bit more relaxing atmosphere given it was Christmas day. The service was a little lacking as well. This was probably based on the fact that ony two servers were on duty and the restaurant did not anticipate that many people for dinner. Aside from these faults I have future hopes that this restaurant can turn a new leaf in the coming year.Special Features:
- Ambience was spectacular andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/25/2012Ambience was spectacular and the Christmas Eve menu was good, although the choices were minimal. Food was very tasty and in most cases well-prepared. BUT the service was abysmal. Our entree had not arrived after an hour and a half. Getting our bill and paying took a very long time. So, service is the low point of the experience. They should improve as the setting is fabulous and the chef is very good.Special Features:
- RIPPED OFF AT ROBERTS RESTAURANTCliffDined on 12/25/20121.) UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF. 2.) BELOW PAR FOOD WITH SMALL SELECTION. 3.) DID NOT HONOR RESERVATION REQUESTS. 4.) WOULD HAVE COST $9.95 ANYWHERE ELSE, NOT OVER $200. 5.) NEXT TIME OUT IT WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE ROBERTS RESTAURANT AT THE OMNI!
- We only are brunch here theThanksForTheForkDined on 12/16/2012We only are brunch here the morning of our departure. We arrived at 9:30 and most of the hot bar items were lukewarm which was a bit disappointing especially for the crab egg benedict. The internet bar was good and so were the belgian waffles. I was happy to see fresh fruit, cheese, smoked salmon and accompanies.Special Features:
- Expected more festive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012X-mas brunch did not have as much selections as you expect on X-mas. No smoked salmon, no pasta dishes, no creps, champaine was not included in $65 charge.No fruits. Limited desert. Last year we liked it better. Some wait staff did not speak English. Food has to be more festive and at liest mimosa has to be included. Other than that we had a great time and hope next year or Easter brunch will be as great as we expect at this great place!Special Features:
- Our dinner was just fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2012Our dinner was just fantastic. However, a man at a nearby table talked incessantly and loudly about business on a cell phone which spoiled the experience.
- The crab cakes were amazing.butchDined on 10/1/2012The crab cakes were amazing. Truly lump crab without the fillers. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff is friendly. Being attached to this type of hotel however keeps the dress very casual. They could take advantage of the amazing outdoor setting if they wanted to but they don't. We asked if they could light the firepit outside that evening but it seemed too big of a hassle for them. It would be an unbelievable destination if they brought the unused outdoor heaters to the balcony and served outside.
- Wine and Appetizer was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012Wine and Appetizer was great, dinner was cold when it arrived. Waitress had difficulty with the tab at the end as she charged both of us for the entire bill and then she said she cancelled the charge but the charge appeared on the credit card twice, once for the entire bill and one for half of the bill.Special Features:
- Fabulous end to a weekend away!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2012Weekend away for my bride of 30 years and myself was capped off well by Sunday brunch at Roberts. Valet parking is free with dinner receipt and Omni Shoreham is such a beautiful hotel and grounds, that you just want to linger after eating and walk the lawn and see the fountains out back of the restaurant. City hustle and bustle are completely absent from this locale.Special Features:
- Took my girlfriend here forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2012Took my girlfriend here for a special dinner, it did not disappoint! The food was amazing, and our waiter was excellent as well. They even provide complimentary valet parking, don't forget your receipt though!Special Features:
- We ate at Roberts RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012We ate at Roberts Restaurant at the Omni in July 2012 while attending a conference at the hotel. I consider myself a foodie and go to nice restaurants while out of town. I ordered the eggplant and my coworker order the hamburger. The eggplant was the best I have ever had. The ingredients were so fresh!!! My coworker said it was the best burger she had ever had also. The service was great also. I wish we would have had the time to dine there again.Special Features:
- A treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2012One of my nicest evenings out ever! Such a beautiful restaurant with excellent food.Special Features:
- Four high scool friends gotMimiDined on 6/19/2012Four high scool friends got together when one was in town from Oregon. Food was excellent and atmosphere/service allowed us to talk and renew friendships.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, a beautiful roombentleyjrtVIPDined on 6/17/2012The atmosphere was wonderful, really a beautiful room and the patio is also fabulous. The Breakfast buffet was good, but they only had 1 chef on the omelet station and they really could have used 2 or 3. Service was just so-so, but the ambiance of the room made up for it.Special Features:
- Mother's day brunch was theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Mother's day brunch was the best ever - hands down the best I've experienced in the last 30 years in the DC area.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch a SuccessbjoadDined on 5/13/2012The Omni really is a beautiful and historic hotel on a lovely piece of property. The setting is ideallic. Mother's Day buffet at 2 pm was pleasantly not crowded and very un rushed. All you could eat fresh oysters, large shrimp, stone crab, grilled sirloin, fresh crab cakes, grilled chicken and the usual breakfast stations, along with nice salads and grilled vegetables. Nothing terribly creative or novel, but a very nice selection that hit to all in the family. Just right for Mother's Day and the deserts were amptly chocolatty. 62 per person was a bit high, but what you'd expect for a big holiday brunch at a top hotel. Overall, a great day and Mom was very pleased.Special Features:
- DON'T DO IT!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012I dont mind paying for good food...but this was highway robbery. very disappointing. the food left a lot to be desired. they overcoeroked my waffle...twice. my mother had to tell the "cook" the pan wasnt hot enough to cook the omelet. when he placed the egg on my plate, it came with a boat load of oil. the crabcakes are...are...yucky (i grew up in maryland...i know crabs)
- The food is fair but not special.Kodemeister7Dined on 5/12/2012The food is fair but not special. There is no fanciness or creativity in the dishes for a restaurant of this caliber. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. The dining room is beautiful.Special Features:
- Next time it's the WILLARD!CliffDined on 4/8/2012We find there is a significant decline in Roberts restaurant. (1) We were offered (once again) a seat by the waiters serving station (very noisy plus chattering from the serving personnel), (2) too long a wait for another table even though several were set up and empty, (3) when we sat down on the bench seat, my wife cut her hand on broken glass which was on the seat!!!! (4) there was food stuck to four pieces of the dinner wear, (5) I must have missed the steak knives ( the medallions of beef were too tough to cut). Other than that, it was great? I am sorry, but I couldn't recommend Roberts restaurant based on this visit.Special Features:
- Awkward SeatingCre8ivTypDined on 4/8/2012Had Easter Brunch there in the early afternoon. The food was actually very good and I liked how all the stations were split up. Although it was serve yourself for the food, our server bought us our drinks. He seemed to disappear alot so to get something to drink we had keep an eye out for him, which something you DON'T want to have to do while dining. Also, they sat us at a very weird table. Me and my guest were side-by-side facing another table. Very very awkward. So we actually just ate and left because it wasn't really a situation where we could talk, eat and enjoy the meal and the surroundings. Not a good dining experience for the money we spent. I probably wouldn't go back. But the hotel and restaurant is very nice.Special Features:
- A friend and I went to theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2012A friend and I went to the Easter buffet - it was a great experience! We were there specifically for the traditional lamb, but loved the opportunity to do a sampling of the other dishes. It was wonderfully light and airy, and the wait-staff were excellent. Often at a buffet you don't get much attention - this was a great exception. Walking around on the grounds afterwards was also a great experience. Loved the Easter decorations - lots of fun, but not in your face or tacky. Luckily we got a parking space on the street so we didn't have to deal with the back-up for the valet parking. We decided it was expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Easter Brunch was amazing. We were properly greeted and escorted to our table right away. The staff was extremely friendly. The food selection was incredible and had something for everyone. The wait staff made sure our glasses were always full and our empty plates quickly removed. The price was comparable to surrounding area restaurants with similar appeal but totally worth the price for such a special occasion.Special Features:
- The restaurant itself wasmovieking80Dined on 4/3/2012The restaurant itself was really pretty. Beautiful architecture, hugely high ceilings, marble, etc. The food was good, but not great, and the menu was a little too small. The service, much like the food, was good, but not great. In a place that looks like Robert's Restaurant, I would expect that everything would be great.Special Features:
- The food was very good andAndreaDined on 3/24/2012The food was very good and the service is terrific.Special Features:
- It was a very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012It was a very enjoyable experience in all aspects.Special Features:
- Very good service and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2012Very good service and well prepared food. Quite nice !Special Features:
- Dinner on Friday night wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2012Dinner on Friday night was very tasty but what really wowed us was the brunch/breakfast buffet on Saturday morning. The value for the meal was excellent considering the elegant atmosphere. The food was outstanding, abundant and everything I could possible want was available. It is a place I would consider taking friends for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Noooobody was in this place,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2012Noooobody was in this place, it was awkward for a Friday at 9pm in the city
- Go to Roberts!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2012Roberts Restaurant offers a superb dining experience. We have eaten there about ten times before and have always enjoyed both our food and our service. The wine is excellent! The food is locally sourced and always well prepared. The ambience and the gracious service are wonderful experiences in themselves but the restaurant does not rest on its laurels. Every time we go, we are impressed with how fresh and imaginatively the food is prepared. Furthermore, it is reasonably priced. One word: Go!Special Features:
- It was an excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011It was an excellent place for my wife and I to go and have a quiet, relaxing Christmas dinner. The food was excellent both in taste and variety. We will be back next Christmas.Special Features:
- The Georgetown Ladies wereCapHillTravellerVIPDined on 12/10/2011The Georgetown Ladies were treated to Roberts...wonderful service and excellent food. All in all...a return trip will be scheduled!
- Food was above average. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011Food was above average. The vidalia onion soup and mushroom ragout were both delicious.
- Staff were universally wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2011Staff were universally wonderful. Food excellent, we chose the breakfast buffet every morning and it was great.Special Features:
- Great choice for brunchCounselor04VIPDined on 10/1/2011This is an outstanding restaurant. We had dinner and brunch here and both meals were excellent. The food was excellent with a variety of choices that were perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. The staff were attentive and helpful. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful, somehow managing to feel intimate even though it is quite large. We especially loved the terrace which looks over the beautifully maintained hotel gardens. This is a great choice for any meal but especially good for brunch, which is a wonderful deal at $20 a person for an amazing buffet.Special Features:
- There are so many very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2011There are so many very good restaurants in this neighborhood. I would only recommend Roberts if one is staying there and has just a short time to eat. (The waiters will help make sure you get out of there quickly.) The food is decent, well presented. The service is not so good, and that is a shame. The decor and arrangement really need a "do-over." I think it has been the same for the ten years I've lived in the DC area.
- A great spot to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2011A great old hotel with beautiful lobby. And right at the end of your stroll through the lobby a very good Resturant. The menu is good, great service and very good food.Special Features:
- Good meal--everything wasblanca1Dined on 9/15/2011Good meal--everything was very fresh. My husband liked the crab cakes very much and said they had a lot of crab in them and less filler with just the right amount of seasoning. Filet mignon was delicious as the salad and soup we ordered.