1218 Pine St
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://robertsrestaurantpaso.com/
- Phone: 8052265556x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Picard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full Catering Division, which includes Special Event and Wedding Production at several beautiful Paso Robles wineries, in addition to offsite locations chosen by the guest. Fully Upholstered plush chairs, tables, linens, service staff and Banquet Chef available for each event. Catering team has 5 yrs experience in catering and special events. A multitude of menu options and price points from which to choose.
Future guests may arrange for a private menu tasting in the ROBERT'S dining room with the special event manager, Amanda Landon - Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Month Guest Winery Dinners include several courses of intriguing, delicious entrees paired perfectly with the winemakers portfolio of favorite wines. Prices are from $65-75 per ticket and include an evening of fun, education and abundant portions of delicious foods and local wines.
A word from Robert's Restaurant
ROBERT'S is located on down town off the park, and boasts a warm welcoming dining room with plush hand made upholstered chairs, framed black and white photography and friendly service. The atmosphere is simultaneously elegant and casual. Exec.Chef Justin Picard has created a menu that celebrates the best of American traditions w/ a California twist. Juicy Steaks, Grilled Fish, Beef Stroganoff, and Succulent Pork Chops are a few examples. Justin's modern approach results in beautifully prepared foods that are satisfying and abundant, yet all reasonably priced. The servers emphasize hospitality, and offer suggestions and tastes of our local wines enabling you to find your perfect glass. Gather with your friends and family in a dining room that makes you feel both "uptown and right at home". Trip Advisor excellence award winner 2012, 2013Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Robert's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Robert's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)fit for foodies (57)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (34)great for lunch (13)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great and ambiance was perfect for nice, romantic dinner. Advised we were celebrating a birthday on my Open Table reservation and waiter acknowledged. However, birthday dessert was not brought out until bill paid so we ended up taking to go. For the most part, service was great until more reservations came in. It seemed like our waiter was assigned to too many tables as the evening got busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at Robert's last weekend, the food was great and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Paso Robles dining.nodoubtDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time dining at Robert's, and both my wife and I think it's a great restaurant. We've brought different visiting family members both times for dinner, everyone had different dishes, and everyone was quite happy with what they had. The ambiance is very nice, better than most of the restaurants in Paso. The service was also really good, the staff well informed, attentive, and nice without being over the top. It's a fairly small restaurant, so the staff can keep tabs on everything going on. I think this is one of the top five restaurants in Paso Robles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MirrorHimDined on 9/21/2014We opted to celebrate my husband's birthday at Robert's. He ordered a steak, asking that it be cooked medium well. As it turned out, it was cooked medium rare. Still, he found it very good. I chose Beef Stroganoff short ribs, and they did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpencerDined on 9/20/2014We were very please with the Roberts restaurant. One of the best meals we have had in Paso and found the restaurant ambiance to be very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningAwesomeDined on 9/17/2014Trevor, our server, really made our anniversary special. Awesome Chef Great Wine - #1 on our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014All was great except at the beginning of our meal, the conversation next to us dominated our table--don't know if the tables are a bit too close or if it was just the one particular voice. Less of a problem with the next party at the same table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We had the Sea Bass special and the Mahi Mahi and both were fantastic! It was somewhat pricey but well worth it. Their service was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough chop-Sept 13OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Robert's is always pleasant. Food and service are good, usually. My pork chop was so tough I could not eat. Unfortunately our waitress never came back to check so I continued to eat sides (as I was hungry). She never did make it over to check so when we were finished the person picking up plates was astute enough to ask why my entree was not eaten. She did remove half of meal from bill. Will I go back? Not sure. Previous experiences were good..............I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visitpalmdesertdogDined on 9/12/2014This was our second visit in a year. Not quite as good this time around. This was an anniversary celebration and apparently we were supposed to get a glass of champagne. Never came. We started with the cheese plate - excellent and plentiful! It says for two, but three or four could be happy with that plate. My wife had the special - Cioppino. She said it was very good. I had the fish special which I thought was undercooked. It was quite rare and a little gristley. Not sashimi quality. The dessert of chocolate cake with scoop of ice cream was very good. Still like the restaurant but thought it had dropped in quality just a bit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- knatsknatsDined on 9/12/2014There were little knats all over us throughout our meal. This was distracting and made our experience less that positive. The food was good but very expensive - not really worth the price. We will not be returning.
- Traveler MArtmariDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I have enjoyed this restaurant in the past, but our last visit was not up to par. My husbands steak was very fatty with gristle. He asked for medium, but it was more like rare. He also was served mac and cheese rather than the red potatoes he asked for. My dinner was not hot when served with the exception of the potatoes. After the food was dropped off the server did not stop by to ask about our dinners. We were able to get his attention and the red potatoes were delivered toward the end of the meal. After we had finished we were asked about the meal and we mentioned the problems. A piece of cake was brought to compensate us. The dinner was a disappointment as we were celebrating my Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great In Wine countryFredDined on 9/9/2014We had lunch one day and dinner the next. We were really impressed, the soup of the day was the best We have had. The No Oak Chard. was wonderful.Special Features:
- irish1101VIPDined on 9/6/2014Robert's is a highly rated Paso Robles restaurant that we found to be enjoyable; not spectacular but pretty decent. My wife had the rack of lamb and I the fish of the day, The rack with a red wine sauce was done perfectly as were the green beans but the potato pave a bit too much. My sea bass was as I had hoped although I wished for a bit more taste to the macadamia crust. The fallen chocolate cake was very good. Angie, our waitress was very nice and knowledgeable about the various dishes.Special Features:
- Best Meal of the Week!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/6/2014On a recent five day trip to Paso Robles/Cambria, this was the best overall dining experience we had. We were celebrating our anniversary and let the restaurant know when we reserved. Our experience did not have an auspicious beginning: we were seated next to the kitchen, our waiter had to be reminded we were not there for a race to the finish, and no mention was made of our special day. Once past the bumpy start though, we found an excellent wine list featuring local wines, and the menu quite varied. We each had a special of the day - Cioppino for my husband, and sustainably caught local sea bass. Both dishes were outstanding in both flavor and presentation, and we thoroughly enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestsGoldens4jbDined on 9/1/2014We often take friends from out of town to Robert's because we know we'll have an enjoyable evening. This visit, like all the others, included excellent food and service. A large group was seated near us that raised the noise level near the end of our meal but, unlike some other downtown restaurants, it was quiet enough to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Great Paso Robles RestaurantssibelDined on 8/31/2014I had this amazing salad with melons/feta cheese two nights ago. It was simple but fresh and tasty. The cheese plate was really good. The amount of cheese they serve was a chock to me. We get tiny piece of cheese slices for $12 in Orange County. Very good local wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look for us soon!ZGirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014We arrived from out-of-town looking for a lunch spot last weekend and found Robert's just off the park. It was so enjoyable - the ambiance - the food - the service by Trevor we drove back the next weekend for dinner. Fabulous. Look for us soon!Special Features:
- PerfectionOuttoeatyespleaseDined on 8/29/2014Food was outstanding! Best filet I have ever had!! My husband had the rib-eye and it was excellent as well. Celebrated our 5th anniversary here. Staff was friendly and attentive but not annoying. Loved the dining room atmosphere and music. Can't wait to come back! Would definitely recommend Robert's to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal for our anniversarybirchbearsDined on 8/24/2014We found Roberts on Open Table while searching for a nice place to celebrate our anniversary. The food was wonderful! The macadamia nut crusted Halibut was so good! The salads were fresh and inventive flavor combinations. Especially like the baby arugula salad with toasted hazel nuts and goat's cheese "snow" on top. The service was excellent... it was as if he "read our minds" and was there whenever we needed anything or to make just the right suggestion. Wish we lived in Paso Robles so we could go back more often, but we will definitely go to Roberts whenever we are in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great food and the staff was extremely attentive. Tasty tapenade was served with bread. We had spring rolls appetizers that were served with a sweet but savory dipping sauce. I had the pan roasted chicken breast and it was moist, perfectly done. It was served with a tasty onion reduction sauce and a generous portion of roasted potatoes, cherry tomatoes and green beans.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014It was our first time here, but we loved everything and can't wait to come back! I had the fish & chips which were great and my husband had the pork loin fajita sandwich and he has been raving about it to everyone! Trevor, our server was great and very knowledgable! Loved the atmosphere as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningJanniePDined on 8/20/2014Robert's Restaurant offers a varied menu with delicious choices. The portions are huge though so maybe best to skip the appetizers and head straight to the entrees. Service was attentive and excellent. No problem when I requested that my (massive) pork chop was cooked a bit more. Patrick our waiter was particularly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousfoodielindaDined on 8/20/2014I am a Paso Robles resident and had not eaten at Robert's prior to this past week. I don't eat out often but I am definitely a fan of good food, I even wrote a book about it. Robert's food is delicious. The pork belly appetizer was divine. Loved the flavor, the texture, the presentation. Will go there again just for that. The sadad was tasty. I had the rack of lamb for an entree and it was amazing. The taste and presentation was lovely. Cooked to perfection. If you are looking for food that is delicious and familiar Robert's is a wonderful place.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteLocalgirlDined on 8/15/2014They do everything right. More upscale than the restaurants down the block, but the prices are the same. Out of town friends were impressed. Have never had a dish we didn't like. Great local wines you won't find everywhere.Special Features:
- ExcellentJulsDined on 8/13/2014The food and service was wonderful! I enjoyed everything about this restaurant, except the person playing guitar and singing. Background music is nice, however, not at the volume he was playing at. I could barely converse with my dinner companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningPjacrouxVIPDined on 8/12/2014Located just off the town square in Paso. It's a high end restaurant with excellent food and service. We appreciate a restaurant where tables spacing is not crowded and it has comfortable seats. We had an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ever!smilesDined on 8/12/2014Awesome food. From the first bite it was excellent! Desert to die for! Well really all the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best choicecmrmVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food here was ok - not stellar - and the service was ok too. We were looking for a special restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and this was not it. We should have known by how few people were at this restaurant vs others in town (only 3 tables including ours were seated). There are better restaurants in Paso, which we will try next time we are in the area.
- Fabulous Experience!PasoFoodieDined on 8/5/2014While we have lived in Paso Robles for almost three years, we have not gone out much. There are so many great restaurants to try, so with 2 birthdays to celebrate, wanted to have a new experience. Based on a recommendation of a friend, we chose Roberts. One reason was that it was recommended to be a quiet experience. Because my father has issues with hearing, quite was necessary. The staff was fabulous, food was great and we are all happy to recommend. Great prices for the food experience. Special thanks to Tanner - very helpful server! Don't hesitate to try - you will love it. And we will be back!Special Features:
- Great food and service!LuvwineDined on 8/1/2014We had the catch of the day (sea bass ) which was prepared to perfection. The waiter indulged our wine needs by allowing us to taste several wine before selecting a bottle. Would dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bait and SwicthFiat8Dined on 8/1/2014Roberts has gone down hill since my earlier visits, while my personal meal was ok( steak) it became very clear that two members of my party did not receive what they ordered. When they both asked during their meal if this indeed was "SeaBass' the response was absolutely. We did not believe the response so fast forward . Check arrives . .on the check it states Halibut X2-- when confronted again - Roberts state s the computer sometimes does that.. I almost died .. are u kidding me.. no wonder the actual Roberts is in personal trouble locally with the civil case. Stay away- not worth it - to anyone working there. Please don't fall into the trap if trying to deceive your customers
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014One of the best meals we have ever eaten!! Our server, Patrick, was knowledgeable and friendly. We would recommend this restaurant to everyone visiting Paso Robles. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- One of the Best in TownChuckVIPDined on 7/26/2014Possibly the best restaurant in town. Service is very good, but the reason to go to Robert's is for really well prepared meals. We had lunch here on our way to the Cass House (fabulous dinner) in Cayucos. Lunch was so good we went back one night to experience an evening meal. Our dinner was as good if not better than our previous experience. All I can say is dine here if you will be in town, or if you need a bite on the way to anywhere in Southern California. It is just off the Highway and definitely worth a stop.Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceDineexploreDined on 7/25/2014This is our first time here based on other reviews and it did not disappoint. It has an upscale feel but yet comfortable to be casual. The staff we encountered were all pleasant and accommodating and the food was excellent. We most likely will be back and take our visitors that come to town.Special Features:
- Perfect Stop on the Way to SoCalChuckVIPDined on 7/24/2014If you leave the Bay Area in the morning on your way to Central or Southern California this is a great lunch stop. We first tried it for lunch on our way to Cayucos. The experience was so enjoyable we drove 30 minutes one evening to return and have dinner. Both meals were excellent. Everything is very well prepared and some of the portions are enormous. A special restaurant with wonderful food. I almost want to give it five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretensousOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/19/2014Tries really hard to be a formal dinning experience. Salmon was way overcooked.
- A nice find in PasoChuckZVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was our first visit to Robert's but we'll return. The ambiance was very up scale but not pretentious. Comfortable, but attractive. The food choices were varied and it is easy to find something of interest. Salads were fresh and tasty. We split a main course of rack of lamb, cooked perfectly. The split was plenty, but anyone with a big appetite will have plenty to eat with any of the dishes here. The wine list focused on local and was pretty interesting - and good. A top quality meal!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2014Best and most reliable dining experience in Paso Robles and a tremendous value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Great dining experience; excellent food & attentive service; already recommended to friends visiting the area a few days later.Special Features: