1218 Pine St
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://robertsrestaurantpaso.com/
- Phone: (805) 226-5556
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Picard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full Catering Division, which includes Special Event and Wedding Production at several beautiful Paso Robles wineries, in addition to offsite locations chosen by the guest. Fully Upholstered plush chairs, tables, linens, service staff and Banquet Chef available for each event. Catering team has 5 yrs experience in catering and special events. A multitude of menu options and price points from which to choose.
Future guests may arrange for a private menu tasting in the ROBERT'S dining room with the special event manager, Amanda Landon - Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Month Guest Winery Dinners include several courses of intriguing, delicious entrees paired perfectly with the winemakers portfolio of favorite wines. Prices are from $65-75 per ticket and include an evening of fun, education and abundant portions of delicious foods and local wines.
A word from Robert's Restaurant
ROBERT'S is located on town square, and boasts a warm welcoming dining room with plush upholstered chairs, framed black and white photography and friendly service. The atmosphere is simultaneously elegant and casual. Exec.Chef Justin Picard has created a menu that celebrates the best of American traditions w/ a modern California twist. Juicy Steaks, Grilled Fish, Beef Stroganoff, and Succulent Pork Chops are a few examples. Justin's use of fresh local produce and proteins result in entrees that are fresh, beautiful, abundant and satisfying. The service staff is interactive and gracious, offering pairing suggestions and tastes of local wines from the notable wine menu. They will even help you with your wine tasting itinerary! Gather with your friends and family in a dining room that makes you feel both "uptown and right at home". Trip Advisor excellence award winner 2012,2013,2014Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Robert's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Robert's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)special occasion (68)romantic (57)notable wine list (55)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (18)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014We really enjoyed Roberts. We had the rib eye and the filet. With the rib eye was perfectly prepared broccoli and onion. With the filet was outstanding brussel sprouts and potato. Service was prompt and consistently good. Would have rated the food higher except we thought the seasoning on the steaks was more salty than we would have preferred. Our waiter waived the corkage fee. Paso is a great place for wine and food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double Date DinnerLaurieGabDined on 11/15/2014This was our second time dining at Robert's, and this time we brought friends. The food was superb and the service was top notch. Three of us had fish, which was so fresh and cooked to perfection, and the fourth had the chicken & farfalle pasta which was equally delicious. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLosLobos1980Dined on 11/15/2014The only positive is the ambiance of the dining space. The service was both slow and unprofessional. The onion soup arrived cold and without flavor. There are 2 rib-eye steak cuts on the menu (Prime and Colorado). There is a $5.00 difference in the two, but not because of size. The server said that the difference in pricing was because the Colorado was a better steak. Our party of 4 ordered 1 of each. When the steaks arrived the server gave the wrong streak to the wrong person. One of the steaks was inedible, full of gristle and fat. The server's reaction to our complaint was basically that she guessed the steaks had been switched when they were delivered. We certainly will not go back.
- It's the staff!ZGirlVIPDined on 11/10/2014The food is delicious. The ambience is comfortable. The background music relaxing. But what keeps us coming back is the excellent staff. See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceLarryKDined on 11/8/2014A gem in Paso Robles. The beef filet and the Prime cut rib eye were amazing, but the true star was the Brussels sprouts side!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not FantasticEdmondDined on 11/8/2014Robert actually greeted us before we sat as there was a little delay in our reservation. Got us wine while we waited, nice touch. The restaurant is nice and elegant, very comfortable. The food however was good but not exceptional, nothing over the top. The only complaint I had was the wine list is very limited. Really needs to be expanded especially for a place that serves steaks and seafood. We had a carrot cake for dessert that was over the top however. Five stars for that.Special Features:
- BDinNCTVIPDined on 11/3/2014We had never been to Paso Robles before but if we go back it will be because of Robert's. Everything about the experience was great. The food and service were great and the ambiance can't be beat. The only thing that would have made it better would be a full service bar to have a cocktail before our wine with dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Evening at RobertsJuiceDined on 11/1/2014From the moment we were greeted by Tori the hostess to the time we left, we had outstanding service. Trevor was our waiter and he loves what he does. This was a special occassion for us with our friends and we chose Robert's. The dining was an evening event, nicely paced with attentive service. All dishes were excellet:the herbed rack of lamb, the filet, the mahi-mahi, and the short ribs -each of us thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- Excellent night outSoCalCrafterDined on 10/31/2014The food here was wonderful and our server was excellent! While I love the main dishes (I had the lamb), I must say, the side dishes that accompanied really stole the show for me. The grilled veggies were fantastic! Who knew brussell sprouts could taste so great?Special Features:
- Fantastic Paso Robles gem!ArthurJacobVIPDined on 10/29/2014Finest meal since Ava Gene's in Portland. What a delightful surprise with a beautiful, elegant decor, comfortable chairs, excellent service thanks to Trevor and did I mention the food was outstanding? First rate in every way. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendMarkVIPDined on 10/26/2014Excellent food choice and preparation, elegant but comfortable atmosphere, personal, friendly and attentive service, tempting desserts. A great find.Special Features:
- We'll go back.SushiloverDined on 10/26/2014Just wish this restaurant was closer. The preparations were interesting and delicious. The menu is varied and should appeal to most diners. We went on a Monday night at 6 and we were surprised at how many people were there. It appeared that most were locals. We were visiting but I know it will be on our list to go again the next time we are in Paso Robles.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/20148 of us for dinner, we all enjoyed it - food was great, service was great!Special Features:
- Pleased in PasoDelaneyluvsPasoDined on 10/23/2014At the last minute we cancelled other reservations at an Italian restaurant and decided to come to Robert's. It has a lovely and elegant ambiance with classic and comfortable dishes in beautiful presentations. The staff and particularly our server was funny and attentive. We had a very romantic dinner and wished we had room for some of their delicious sounding desserts, but maybe next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014Exceeded expectations. Large portions. Wait staff friendly & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!PurpleturtleDined on 10/21/2014This was our first visit to the paso robles area. We finished our day with dinner at Roberts and couldn't have been more pleased! The service was wonderful, and the food was delicious. I had the beef filet, and my husband had the salmon. Hats off to the chef!'nnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary lunch dateKittiDined on 10/20/2014We always enjoy Roberts, great people, amazing food!! It's so good I was dancing in my chair while we ate. We ordered the Seared Ahi Salad, the Steak Salad and the Grilled Cheese Sandwich to share. Everything was amazing!!Special Features:
- found me a special bottlewinefinderDined on 10/15/2014While perusing the wine lisr online I had a strong interest in a particular wine. I was highly disappointed whe told it was no longer available. I settled on something else which I also enjoyed. A little bit later the waiter came back and poured me a glass of what I wanted originally. He found some at their sister restaurant. He then let me buy the 2 bottles he had left. That's what I call exemplary service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurant in town!Beachgirl9999VIPDined on 10/12/2014The atmosphere is great! Nice but casual feel. The food was excellent! They use local, in season ingredients. Everything was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014We will be going back, for certain, the next time we are in Paso. There are many good restaurants in Paso and Robert's is one of the best.Special Features:
- Our annual treatYachtiegirlDined on 10/10/2014We are from out of town and tried Roberts last year. Loved it so much we went back again and liked it even more. We will be back next time in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Bar, but good wine listGordonistaDined on 10/10/2014This is an exceptional restaurant in downtown Paso Robles. It does not have a bar, but considering it's in the heart of the Paso Robles wine growing region, that's not unexpected. Good wine list and great food. Nice very clean atmosphere with an ambient noise level that actually permits you to have a conversation without having to shout across the table. A very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014The nice restaurant I've been missing since I moved here from Orange CountySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealEmptynestDined on 10/5/2014Roberts was recommended to us by a number of people during our wine tasting tour. We ordered the salmon and it was an excellent pick. Very moist, lots of flavor. Our server, Patrick, was very attentive. We will definitely return on our next trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but has it lost its way?CommodoreBDined on 10/4/2014Roberts was an amazing restaurant when it first opened in Paso. Chef changed and the wow factor of the dishes has waned. Wait staff is great and the place is well run but the flavors and flare are lacking, sadly. Great memories from their opening weekend.Special Features:
- perfect for special nightLooking4localDined on 10/4/2014the atmosphere was great, service very friendly. ordered a steak which was cooked perfect. disappointed in the mac/cheese side, will just try another side next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We have been dining at Robert's for a few years now. We always plan to eat there at least once, sometimes twice when we are in town. You can't miss if you are looking for a great dinner for 2 or a group. Elegant atmosphere, but casual Paso attire is ok. No jeans or shorts. Great Paso wine list! I'm a fan of the salmon and my husband loves the Mahi Mahi. Ask for Trevor to serve you, if he is working that night! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in PasoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The Snapper Oscar was divine with everything well proportioned and delicious. The service was fabulous and my water glass never went empty! Enjoyed the classic color and design of the restaurant and the friendly waiter (Patrick) and the beautiful hostess. My wife and I had a wonderful experience and I will return on my next visit to Paso.Special Features:
- Excellent3maltzDined on 10/2/2014I haven't been to Robert's for dinner in quite a while. I've benn for lunch and found it ok. But dinner was excellent. We both had the fish specials, cooked perfectly, accompanying vegetables were amazing, good bread and great service. Patrick was our server. He was attentive yet gave us privacy. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming back...ZGirlVIPDined on 9/29/2014From our first by chance visit going thru town to now making it destination dining in Paso, we will keep coming back for all it offers from menu, food, presentation, ambience and special bonus the fabulous staff.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014Everything was absolutely superb--wonderful food, friendly staff, very sedate surrounding to enjoy your meal. Delicious specials.Special Features:
- One of our favorite. RestauurantsGreatRestaurantDined on 9/28/2014The food,service and ambiance is always great. We always include Roberts as our first choice when we visit Paso Robles.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great and ambiance was perfect for nice, romantic dinner. Advised we were celebrating a birthday on my Open Table reservation and waiter acknowledged. However, birthday dessert was not brought out until bill paid so we ended up taking to go. For the most part, service was great until more reservations came in. It seemed like our waiter was assigned to too many tables as the evening got busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at Robert's last weekend, the food was great and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Paso Robles dining.nodoubtDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time dining at Robert's, and both my wife and I think it's a great restaurant. We've brought different visiting family members both times for dinner, everyone had different dishes, and everyone was quite happy with what they had. The ambiance is very nice, better than most of the restaurants in Paso. The service was also really good, the staff well informed, attentive, and nice without being over the top. It's a fairly small restaurant, so the staff can keep tabs on everything going on. I think this is one of the top five restaurants in Paso Robles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MirrorHimDined on 9/21/2014We opted to celebrate my husband's birthday at Robert's. He ordered a steak, asking that it be cooked medium well. As it turned out, it was cooked medium rare. Still, he found it very good. I chose Beef Stroganoff short ribs, and they did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpencerDined on 9/20/2014We were very please with the Roberts restaurant. One of the best meals we have had in Paso and found the restaurant ambiance to be very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningAwesomeDined on 9/17/2014Trevor, our server, really made our anniversary special. Awesome Chef Great Wine - #1 on our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014All was great except at the beginning of our meal, the conversation next to us dominated our table--don't know if the tables are a bit too close or if it was just the one particular voice. Less of a problem with the next party at the same table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We had the Sea Bass special and the Mahi Mahi and both were fantastic! It was somewhat pricey but well worth it. Their service was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.