Robert's Maine Grill
326 Route 1
Kittery, ME 03904Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Robert's Maine Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.robertsmainegrill.com/
- Phone: 2074390300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Craig Spinney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Robert"s Maine Grill offers private dining for any event from small business meetings to bus tours, birthday parties and weddings. With our beautiful view overlooking Spruce Creek, we can make any event memorable. Whether you are looking for fish & chips or sirloin, salmon, chicken or a clam bake, it will be our pleasure to work with you to arrange for the perfect event.
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Landgarten 6033157352x
A word from Robert's Maine Grill
Robert’s Maine Grill, a full service, two story restaurant is a young restaurant; an oasis in the midst of Kittery’s Route 1 shopping district with views of beautiful Spruce Creek. Robert's is traditional like many places in Maine with flashes of modern trends in dining – fresh Maine comfort food with an updated twist, highlighting great local ingredients, products and recipes, simple robust flavors, a lively bar, raw bar and deck dining on the water. It's casual, approachable, affordable. Simply stated it's an updated Maine classic. Come for lobsters, steaks, burgers, oysters, grilled fish, salads, lobster rolls, our renowned beer battered fish and chips, yummy desserts, a wide selection of Maine microbrews and exceptional service. Proud members of the Green Alliance and Buy Local. Awarded 5 stars in the Portsmouth Herald.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Robert's Maine Grill - Best Restaurants in Kittery, ME ›
Robert's Maine Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (81)great for lunch (70)kid-friendly (54)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (48)great for outdoor dining (38)special occasion (32)romantic (11)hot spot (10)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Love coming up from the Boston area for lunch w/ a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- monthly lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Our group of classmates enjoy this central meeting spot for our monthly lunch.Special Features:
- Great seacoast restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Love the food....love the views...great service...love the community dinner involvement! Great place especially when friends visit seacoast & want the Maine experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014This is a great authentic Maine place to get seafood that is fresh and cooked perfectly. The clam chowder is award winning and the fried seafood was light and crisp and fresh. Plenty for 2 if you order the fried seafood sampler. The sun was setting when we dined and made for some great scenery outside our window on the marsh/bay. We had to run out and take pictures. The ambiance was invitingly Maine and the service was top notch. Now we know why Roberts is so popular. Can't wait to go back on our next shopping trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticMainefoodieDined on 9/12/2014We frequent Robert's and the food is always hot, great tasting and the service spot on. When we have company, our friends and family always want to go to Robert's. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentGaryTVIPDined on 9/12/2014We visit Robert's often and are never disappointed. Terrific service, along with a great menu, beer and wine selection. The staff always makes you feel welcomed.Special Features:
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Though I have traveled by this restaurant for yrs it was only because it had been mentioned by a few friends recently, that it chose it to meet with a friend for lunch. It was the perfect place for this. We ate on the deck/porch which was very nice, although got a little breezy and curtains were lowered. Imagine it must be lovely in the summer. Food was good, although I only had clam chowder, my friend had a lobster roll with butter and it was very good with large pieces of lobster. Good wine list, a little pricey. Would come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014We really appreciate food and service. It was our first visit but not the last one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014Somehow amongst all the cheesy outlet stores in Kittery, there is this excellent restaurant. Were it not for Yelp I never would have tried it. I went there with a party of 6 the other night and Diana was our server. She is a pro: She knows the menu, she knows how to make each person feel taken care of, and she is delightful. We had lobster rolls, kale soup, jambalaya, flatbread and more. All really good. We liked it so much that we went back the night after with an even larger party. Different server but again we had a great meal, this time taking advantage of the BOGO oyster night. Wonderful and very fresh oysters!Special Features:
- An Excellent Find!JacksonDined on 9/6/2014My only disappointment is that since we live in Ohio, we can't return soon. Upon our arrival, we were welcomed as old friends! The food and service were excellent. Lobster rolls were delicious, as was the clam chowder. Would sure like to return someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLulumass911Dined on 9/5/2014Food was outstanding. I always thought this was just an ordinary seafood restaurant having driven by it for so many years without stopping in. This is my new favorite place to go. Service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun vibe, great locationdinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014... And food was pretty good, too. Nice menu selection and great Bloody Mary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SneakyJenDined on 8/30/2014amazing local oysters were on hand - buy 12 get one free. good local beer selections. fun vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than average seafoodNiseygDined on 8/23/2014Great lunch or dinner spot when near Kittery. Big step above seafood shack. Lovely river views.Special Features:
- Good Seafood Charming AtmosphereWinerDinerDined on 8/22/2014Roberts has a fun decor with Maine buoys and lots of atmosphere. Friendly warm attentive staff. Reliable food. Great family spot. Beautiful views of the river if you get a seat upstairs or on the porch.Special Features:
- TastyMissyDined on 8/21/2014This was a tasty lunch spot. I had a crab and avocado sandwich which was great. I loved that they have 2 sizes of their desserts. The smaller serving was just right for satisfying my sweet tooth.Special Features:
- Robert's Maine grillSteveDined on 8/19/2014Always a great place for dinner or lunch. Have come here for many years and it is always very good to excellentSpecial Features:
- Fun family eveningTillyDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent and they catered to young kids too,mwhich is always a plus!Special Features:
- 2nd visit just as good as the firstGranville75Dined on 8/13/2014I'd been talking about having lunch at Robert's Maine Grill all week to my relatives who were also staying in the Old Orchard Beach area. Thank goodness it was as good as I remembered. It was very busy, but we were seated within 2-3 minutes of our lunch reservation time. All our meals were great as was the service. Try the turkey on walnut cranberry bread. OMG, delish. Steak tips were also very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice!JulesVIPDined on 8/12/2014This place is always great! The oysters are the best, the service is wonderful, and of course I always get the chowder!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LiwinoDined on 8/12/2014The service was wonderful! Lisa was our waitress and was witty and very nice. The lobster sliders were absolutely amazing!! Great view and great evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful break after shopping!Panky4321VIPDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was a great find. The outside was nicely decorated - loved the lighthouse. The inside was more than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised. This is not just a restaurant destination after outlet shopping, but a special occasion restaurant destination in itself. The service we had was spectacular. I would definitely plan my trip to Maine around a special lunch/dinner visit with the Robert's Maine Grill in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SueCVIPDined on 8/10/2014We were visiting Ogunquit and looking for some nearby restaurants that weren't too touristy. This place was great. My son had the fish and chips which were cooked to perfection. My daughter said her salmon was the best she ever had. Bottles of wine were half price. We will be back on our next visit to Maine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always s good mealljlblueVIPDined on 8/9/2014Whether just an appetizer, lunch or dinner we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Deck on a summer NightGaryTVIPDined on 8/8/2014We dine at Robert's often; it's our 'go-to' restaurant because of it's menu with great choices and selections of local brews on draft. This particular visit had us dining on their upstairs deck, with a perfect summer breeze, view of the tidal creek and a close to full moon rising. It doesn't get much better than this along with their consistent service and quality of foodSpecial Features:
- A local favoriteGmomDined on 8/6/2014They always greet you with a smile and the smile never fades! The food is very good, they are always striving to make your experience a good one. At times it may be a bit noisy because of the building......it depends on the crowd and the number of parties with children. They are most welcoming to families with children and I am delighted to see this. I am a local and it is one of my favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect family dinnermtlFoodieDined on 8/4/2014Dinner was perfect. From starters to entrees, even desert ! Had various starters... The oysters were elegantly served and fresh ! Clam Chowder (every restaurant in the area have one) was very good. Entrees had the perfect flavours and the servings were just right.Special Features:
- Best in the areaEaterVIPDined on 8/4/2014After a day shopping or if you are just in the area, Robert's is the place to eat. You would think it is a tourist trap, but it isn't. It is a place for delicious fish and seafood. The manager and the wait staff couldn't be nicer. The oysters are briny and fresh, and on Monday nights, it is buy one, get one free. The mussels in a creamy apple-bacon sauce are plump, and the fish fry is fresh. The crab cakes taste like crab as they should. The restaurant is by a river, so there is a water view from some seats. And it is a nice crowd. Go!Special Features:
- ExpensiveCathyDined on 8/2/2014I thought it was more upscale than Bob's Clam Hut but the only thing I found was that the pricing was about the same but Roberts portions were smaller and the service was very slow. It was just okay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and Raw BarMeatandSeafoodEaterDined on 8/1/2014If you want a great raw bar and lobsters this place delivers. From 5 to 7 different oysters, clams on the half shell and shrimp, this place does a really good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time4fordinnerDined on 7/31/2014Took the wife there for supper , and surprise with her children showed up , salmon dinner , lobster Mac and cheese, the the fried oysters where great. Great waitress !Special Features:
- TrustworthyGourmandGourmetDined on 7/28/2014You know you will enjoy a good meal at Robert's. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, attentive, not stuffy nor pushy. The decor is relaxing, lots of natural light, big food and fishery theme related pictures up on the wall. Food is well prepared. Lobster and mussels were cooked just right and generous portions served, ie not overcooked as too many restaurants do. Linguini sauce was too rich-buttery. Raspberry pie was excellent, albeit tiny portion served (but really just right after a big meal). Wine menu offers food pairing suggestions and you can order by the glass or a bottle. Price, between what you would pay at typical family restaurant chain and gourmet restaurant, is in line with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Robert's Maine Grill is a family favorite. We had a wedding there and a 60th birthday party and like to go there occasionally for a nice meal. We live about 25 minutes away but do enjoy going occasionally and they are good about accomodating my food allergies.Special Features:
- Seafood Lovers go no furtherSilly14uDined on 7/19/2014Spent the weekend in Kittery Maine and went to Robert's Maine Grill on the suggestion of the Coachman Inn and I was so impressed by the ambiance ... staff ... service ... drinks and the food!?!? If you like clams - have the steamers! I am so looking forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food:)wheatfreeDined on 7/18/2014We loved the lobster mac and cheese and the tuna tar tare special was great as well.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for dinner.GreatDined on 7/17/2014We had the lobster dinner which was perfect and the grilled scallops which were divine. Great meal and great service. The blueberry crumble was excellent for dessert. Loved the experience, only thing to watch for is that they put too much dressing on the ceasar salad that evening, so next time we'll ask for dressing on the side.Special Features:
- Go For The LARGE Lobster Roll!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/17/2014Recommend an upstairs table in rear of restaurant or outdoor porch- why look out at Route #1? Lobster roll was excellent. Fries were ordinary - nothing special. Very nice venue - definitely an upgrade over other dining options in Outlet Row. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great for dinner or a quick biteLocalFanDined on 7/15/2014Stopped in for a quick bite when we lost power the other night. Found others from my town doing the same thing. Roberts was generous enough to plug in devices for guests while we dined. Food was fantastic - I had the vegetable flatbread & the vegetables were fresh & cooked to perfection. My daughter had the fish & chips & the haddock was moist & delicious. The service was prompt & friendly as usual. Roberts is a local gem & well worth stopping in. Don't let the full parking lot fool you - their parking is limited but there's always plenty of seats.Special Features:
- Remains one of my favorites!LoveMaine21VIPDined on 7/13/2014As usual, we were very happy with Roberts. I highly recommend the citrus salad with goat cheese and raspberries. I added a side of fried clams and had a nice supper. Husband had the moxie steak tips. The service is attentive; the atmosphere is casual and comfortable, yet upscale at the same time. Just a nice place to enjoy fresh food done well.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Love this place. Food is very good. Menu is diverse. They take reservations. Service is great. parking is a pain in the summer, but we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.