Robert's Maine Grill
326 Route 1
Kittery, ME 03904Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Robert's Maine Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.robertsmainegrill.com/
- Phone: 2074390300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Craig Spinney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Robert"s Maine Grill offers private dining for any event from small business meetings to bus tours, birthday parties and weddings. With our beautiful view overlooking Spruce Creek, we can make any event memorable. Whether you are looking for fish & chips or sirloin, salmon, chicken or a clam bake, it will be our pleasure to work with you to arrange for the perfect event.
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Landgarten 6033157352x
A word from Robert's Maine Grill
Robert’s Maine Grill, a full service, two story restaurant is a young restaurant; an oasis in the midst of Kittery’s Route 1 shopping district with views of beautiful Spruce Creek. Robert's is traditional like many places in Maine with flashes of modern trends in dining – fresh Maine comfort food with an updated twist, highlighting great local ingredients, products and recipes, simple robust flavors, a lively bar, raw bar and deck dining on the water. It's casual, approachable, affordable. Simply stated it's an updated Maine classic. Come for lobsters, steaks, burgers, oysters, grilled fish, salads, lobster rolls, our renowned beer battered fish and chips, yummy desserts, a wide selection of Maine microbrews and exceptional service. Proud members of the Green Alliance and Buy Local. Awarded 5 stars in the Portsmouth Herald.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Robert's Maine Grill - Best Restaurants in Kittery, ME ›
Robert's Maine Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)great for lunch (80)kid-friendly (67)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (56)neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (41)great for outdoor dining (38)hot spot (11)great for brunch (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014amazing local oysters were on hand - buy 12 get one free. good local beer selections. fun vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than average seafoodNiseygDined on 8/23/2014Great lunch or dinner spot when near Kittery. Big step above seafood shack. Lovely river views.Special Features:
- Good Seafood Charming AtmosphereWinerDinerDined on 8/22/2014Roberts has a fun decor with Maine buoys and lots of atmosphere. Friendly warm attentive staff. Reliable food. Great family spot. Beautiful views of the river if you get a seat upstairs or on the porch.Special Features:
- TastyMissyDined on 8/21/2014This was a tasty lunch spot. I had a crab and avocado sandwich which was great. I loved that they have 2 sizes of their desserts. The smaller serving was just right for satisfying my sweet tooth.Special Features:
- Robert's Maine grillSteveDined on 8/19/2014Always a great place for dinner or lunch. Have come here for many years and it is always very good to excellentSpecial Features:
- Fun family eveningTillyDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent and they catered to young kids too,mwhich is always a plus!Special Features:
- 2nd visit just as good as the firstGranville75Dined on 8/13/2014I'd been talking about having lunch at Robert's Maine Grill all week to my relatives who were also staying in the Old Orchard Beach area. Thank goodness it was as good as I remembered. It was very busy, but we were seated within 2-3 minutes of our lunch reservation time. All our meals were great as was the service. Try the turkey on walnut cranberry bread. OMG, delish. Steak tips were also very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice!JulesVIPDined on 8/12/2014This place is always great! The oysters are the best, the service is wonderful, and of course I always get the chowder!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LiwinoDined on 8/12/2014The service was wonderful! Lisa was our waitress and was witty and very nice. The lobster sliders were absolutely amazing!! Great view and great evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful break after shopping!Panky4321VIPDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was a great find. The outside was nicely decorated - loved the lighthouse. The inside was more than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised. This is not just a restaurant destination after outlet shopping, but a special occasion restaurant destination in itself. The service we had was spectacular. I would definitely plan my trip to Maine around a special lunch/dinner visit with the Robert's Maine Grill in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SueCVIPDined on 8/10/2014We were visiting Ogunquit and looking for some nearby restaurants that weren't too touristy. This place was great. My son had the fish and chips which were cooked to perfection. My daughter said her salmon was the best she ever had. Bottles of wine were half price. We will be back on our next visit to Maine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always s good mealljlblueVIPDined on 8/9/2014Whether just an appetizer, lunch or dinner we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Deck on a summer NightGaryTVIPDined on 8/8/2014We dine at Robert's often; it's our 'go-to' restaurant because of it's menu with great choices and selections of local brews on draft. This particular visit had us dining on their upstairs deck, with a perfect summer breeze, view of the tidal creek and a close to full moon rising. It doesn't get much better than this along with their consistent service and quality of foodSpecial Features:
- A local favoriteGmomDined on 8/6/2014They always greet you with a smile and the smile never fades! The food is very good, they are always striving to make your experience a good one. At times it may be a bit noisy because of the building......it depends on the crowd and the number of parties with children. They are most welcoming to families with children and I am delighted to see this. I am a local and it is one of my favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Dinner was perfect. From starters to entrees, even desert ! Had various starters... The oysters were elegantly served and fresh ! Clam Chowder (every restaurant in the area have one) was very good. Entrees had the perfect flavours and the servings were just right.Special Features:
- Best in the areaEaterVIPDined on 8/4/2014After a day shopping or if you are just in the area, Robert's is the place to eat. You would think it is a tourist trap, but it isn't. It is a place for delicious fish and seafood. The manager and the wait staff couldn't be nicer. The oysters are briny and fresh, and on Monday nights, it is buy one, get one free. The mussels in a creamy apple-bacon sauce are plump, and the fish fry is fresh. The crab cakes taste like crab as they should. The restaurant is by a river, so there is a water view from some seats. And it is a nice crowd. Go!Special Features:
- ExpensiveCathyDined on 8/2/2014I thought it was more upscale than Bob's Clam Hut but the only thing I found was that the pricing was about the same but Roberts portions were smaller and the service was very slow. It was just okay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and Raw BarMeatandSeafoodEaterDined on 8/1/2014If you want a great raw bar and lobsters this place delivers. From 5 to 7 different oysters, clams on the half shell and shrimp, this place does a really good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time4fordinnerDined on 7/31/2014Took the wife there for supper , and surprise with her children showed up , salmon dinner , lobster Mac and cheese, the the fried oysters where great. Great waitress !Special Features:
- TrustworthyGourmandGourmetDined on 7/28/2014You know you will enjoy a good meal at Robert's. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, attentive, not stuffy nor pushy. The decor is relaxing, lots of natural light, big food and fishery theme related pictures up on the wall. Food is well prepared. Lobster and mussels were cooked just right and generous portions served, ie not overcooked as too many restaurants do. Linguini sauce was too rich-buttery. Raspberry pie was excellent, albeit tiny portion served (but really just right after a big meal). Wine menu offers food pairing suggestions and you can order by the glass or a bottle. Price, between what you would pay at typical family restaurant chain and gourmet restaurant, is in line with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Robert's Maine Grill is a family favorite. We had a wedding there and a 60th birthday party and like to go there occasionally for a nice meal. We live about 25 minutes away but do enjoy going occasionally and they are good about accomodating my food allergies.Special Features:
- Seafood Lovers go no furtherSilly14uDined on 7/19/2014Spent the weekend in Kittery Maine and went to Robert's Maine Grill on the suggestion of the Coachman Inn and I was so impressed by the ambiance ... staff ... service ... drinks and the food!?!? If you like clams - have the steamers! I am so looking forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food:)wheatfreeDined on 7/18/2014We loved the lobster mac and cheese and the tuna tar tare special was great as well.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for dinner.GreatDined on 7/17/2014We had the lobster dinner which was perfect and the grilled scallops which were divine. Great meal and great service. The blueberry crumble was excellent for dessert. Loved the experience, only thing to watch for is that they put too much dressing on the ceasar salad that evening, so next time we'll ask for dressing on the side.Special Features:
- Go For The LARGE Lobster Roll!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/17/2014Recommend an upstairs table in rear of restaurant or outdoor porch- why look out at Route #1? Lobster roll was excellent. Fries were ordinary - nothing special. Very nice venue - definitely an upgrade over other dining options in Outlet Row. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great for dinner or a quick biteLocalFanDined on 7/15/2014Stopped in for a quick bite when we lost power the other night. Found others from my town doing the same thing. Roberts was generous enough to plug in devices for guests while we dined. Food was fantastic - I had the vegetable flatbread & the vegetables were fresh & cooked to perfection. My daughter had the fish & chips & the haddock was moist & delicious. The service was prompt & friendly as usual. Roberts is a local gem & well worth stopping in. Don't let the full parking lot fool you - their parking is limited but there's always plenty of seats.Special Features:
- Remains one of my favorites!LoveMaine21VIPDined on 7/13/2014As usual, we were very happy with Roberts. I highly recommend the citrus salad with goat cheese and raspberries. I added a side of fried clams and had a nice supper. Husband had the moxie steak tips. The service is attentive; the atmosphere is casual and comfortable, yet upscale at the same time. Just a nice place to enjoy fresh food done well.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Love this place. Food is very good. Menu is diverse. They take reservations. Service is great. parking is a pain in the summer, but we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lobster roll everElleVIPDined on 7/12/2014We went with a larger group and there was something for everyone. We recommend the lobster roll but everything looked amazing.Special Features:
- Roberts MaineNewenglandzipDined on 7/11/2014Excellent menu, and great views. An excellent location with traditional higher end New England comfort food. I would recommend this resturant to anyone who enjoys fresh seafood as well as other options. I had my first oysters on the half shell there and they were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night!rscottstevensDined on 7/11/2014Robert's Maine grill has become the goto spot for date night with my wife. The food is wonderful. The beverage selection is great. And the service is pleasant and knowledgeable. We also love the valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We have eaten here many times and have always loved the food and the service has been greatSpecial Features:
- Very ExpensiveDine2knowDined on 7/5/2014The salads and entrees were very good, but the Blueberry Crumble desert was just ok and very small for $7.50. There was no bread served which was a real disappointment for a restaurant as expensive as this.
- Decent ChoiceNoSaltDinerDined on 7/5/2014Greeted nicely by all. Seated promptly at reserved time. Meals were fresh and warm. We were seated upstairs towards the front of the restaurant next to a very large, boisterous party. We should have asked to be moved but didn't. I think the noise from this group diminished what could have been a better dining experience. The restaurant was able to cater to my requests of no salt on grilled salmon and dressing on the side for the lovely salad that the salmon was atop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!nomnomnomDined on 7/5/2014The food at Robert's is great! Everyone here is wonderful, great service very friendly. My companion and I shared an order of the huge beer battered onion rings, which were good although I like a little more beer taste generally. They were served with a thick dipping sauce that had a nice little kick. We each got a lobster roll (one hot buttered and one w/ mayo) and split them. Both of which we thought were excellent. My friend also had a few oysters and the waiter was very nice and provided helpful suggestions on which oysters to get. And they didn't even bat an eye when I knocked my full glass of lemonade over (eep...). For dessert we got blueberry crumble and coconut lime cheesecake (my fav here!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's Cooked Off MenuCheersDined on 6/29/2014In year's past, the menu offered Paella and it is great! When we did not see it on the menu, we asked our waitress to inquire with the chef if he could/would make it for us and the chef said yes. Not only did the chef and the kitchen come through on our Paella orders, we arrived 20 minutes early and they accommodated our early arrival. I recommend Robert's Maine Grill to everyone!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent food wine and service. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Always Great Food2wyldedogsDined on 6/28/2014As always, we had exceptional service and food at Robert's. The oysters were awesome!!! Unfortunately, we were there for dinner on a Saturday and the noise level from the large groups of diners around us was really high. I go to this restaurant a lot and this is the loudest I have ever heard it. I wonder if anything could be done to address this issue by the restaurant.Special Features:
- Worth the Drive!DaidiDined on 6/27/2014Robert's has the easy atmosphere of a neighborhood seafood restaurant. Marsh views are on three sides and the interior is casually chic. Outdoors is fun but on a hot day, the A/C wins! The staff is friendly and the service is excellent. We didn't have to wait, either for our table or for our meals. The mussels are to die for, by the way - and the desserts are mouth-watering. A nice touch: You may order a "sample" size of a dessert and it's still quite big enough - The key lime was wonderful. Definitely a return visit is planned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMainefoodieDined on 6/25/2014We have dined at Robert's many times and sat at the bar, have had business meetings there as well as family events. The food is always perfect. We would highly recommend anything on the menu. Also, one of our family members has celiac disease so gluten free is a must. Robert's does a great job accommodating and her GF food is fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.