700 Bethlehem Pike
Erdenheim, PA 19038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.robertotrattoria.com/
- Phone: 2152339955
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Roberto's Trattoria
Casual, friendly, and family owned, Roberto's Trattoria specializes in pasta, made by hand, from the freshest quality ingredients. Among our signature dishes are pear ravioli in a brandy cream sauce, and "Ravioli alla Roberto" filled with savory crabmeat. If you're feeling "crazy" try our spaghetti alla schizzofrenica. Roberto's Trattoria also features classical Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Roberto's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Roberto's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (12)romantic (7)special occasion (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fabulous Food and ServiceFoodieDined on 8/23/2014This is the second time that I have been back in the past few months. Both times the food was fantastic, as was the service. The appetizer we ordered was a gastronomic gem; never tasted anything like it. You must try the raviolli stuffed with mushrooms in a pear sauce. It is to die for! The veal parmagana was among the best I've ever tasted and the portion extended over my plate. What a value!Special Features:
- Great Find!BBrunoDined on 7/17/2014Our first time there. The food was incredible! The appetizers were spectacular and the veal melted in your mouth. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemwsm314VIPDined on 7/12/2014We read the reviews for this restaurant & had to give it a try. We have dined in some of the best & most expensive Italian restaurants in the Philadelphia area. Honestly, none are as memorable as the dinner we had at Roberto's Trattoria! The service is excellent, the atmosphere pleasant, nothing fancy, which is fine. The food was delicious, from the rustic sourdough bread to the eggplant bite appetizer. My husband had the four cheese ravioli which was TO DIE FOR, absolutely delicious! My flounder with crabmeat had the perfect amount of Cajun spice, melted in my mouth! We had a delicious tiramisu and a decadent chocolate mousse cake for dessert! Everything was fabulous! We are telling all our friends, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- AlexisBVIPDined on 6/28/2014Very good food in pleasant setting. As we dined rather early, there were not many other diners. So the service was quite prompt and the noise level low.Special Features:
- wonderful neighborhood trattoriaNWPhilaeaterDined on 5/24/2014This little bistro, just outside NW Phila city limits, is a sweet little Italian place. The Italian is authentic -- we have often encountered tables filled with native Italians enjoying the cuisine. Homemade raviolis, and a nice mix of spicy and non-spicy dishes. Relaxing, good food, good moderate wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice suprise.luv2eatDined on 5/17/2014I have driven past this retaurant several times with every intention of trying it. I wish I did not wait so long. This past weekend my husband and I celebrated our anniverary and decided to try Roberto's. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and soon followed by our friendly waitress. Who knew when to approach or give us time to ourselves. The food was outstanding. It came in a timely manner with a not over the top presentatin. They advertise homemade pasta. Every morsal melted in your mouth. The sauces were flavorful and distinct. It brought back memories of making pasta in my grandmothers basement. We will definitly be back even with the children.Special Features:
- Most enjoyable meal and experience2healthyeatersDined on 5/15/2014My wife and I came here for our 15th anniversary. We usually go to a place that's new. In the past most of the places were more expensive than Roberto's but seldom was the food any better. Our evening was one that made us want to return ... soon! The pasta was excellent and the price was extremely reasonable. We chose the daily specials, although we were tempted by several other dishes on the menu. The waiter -- the Roberto of the restaurant's name? -- remembered and noted that it was our anniversary and commented cordially. Excellent night!Special Features:
- Pear Ravioli SurprisehiddengemfinderDined on 5/14/2014A friend and I had dinner at Roberto's just the other night , and I can not wait to go back. What a lovely little spot. Neither one of us knew it was even there. I had rigatoni wit sausage in a delicious cream sauce for my entree, but the real delight was a pear ravioli appetizer that was unique and very appetizing indeed! The server was awesome. The only reason for not scoring a five is the ladies room...it really needs an overhaul.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food and service was excellent . Staff was very compationate and most helpful for my handicapped friend. Will return to try other food selections as our choices were very good and would like to see what else is possible, .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warm and cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014roberto's is a very warm and cozy restaurant, where every time we go it has been a great experience...foodwise, ambiencewise! we enjoy when both roberto and his wife are there..it adds to the fun experience. they are both charming, hospitable hosts. we are regulars and hope to stay that way! it's not too far from arcadia and we like to treat our son who's a student there to a good meal in a relaxing environment!Special Features:
- The following 120 reviews are from the Roberto's Trattoria reviews archive.
- Looking for comfortchazzDined on 4/27/2014Its luscious pastas alone are a good reason to patronize Roberto's. Overall, it delivers quality at modest cost. The bar mixes well. The wine selections are limited but sufficient. Eggplant appetizers, salads, and varied raviolis were excellent. Desserts, few at this visit, are not as varied or as authentic as the rest of the menu. I would welcome a cheese and ripe fruit option. Aside from finding just chewy clam pieces under the plentiful bacon on the otherwise well dressed and seasoned clams casino and having to request the usual primitively assuaging crusty bread and with oil, I was pleased with this experience. Roberto's allows for a leisurely evening . A previous visit provided superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014limited menu if you like pasta is the perfect place and good wineSpecial Features:
- Good meal with great serviceCAWSDined on 4/24/2014Our first visit and we chose because they participate in Action Aids Dining Out Turned out to be a good choice and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenes from an Italian RestaurantLuv2eatoutDined on 4/12/2014First for the positive: Roberto's offers consistently good Italian food. The salads accompanying their dishes are always fresh; the appetizers are creative and tasty; and the meatballs are divine. The negatives: in my opinion, the prices are a tad high and I had a spinach/ricotta gnocchi which I was not crazy about. Also, the night we went (our 4th time), our busboy twice tried to take plates that still had food on them (he failed to ask if we were done). I debated telling the hostess, but realized she should know the young man was a bit overzealous. When I told her, I very kindly phrased it and said I did not want to get him into trouble. I expected an apology and a thanks, but instead she said he was new and somewhat quickly walked away.Special Features:
- This was my second time here.dogfanDined on 4/11/2014This was my second time here. The food is very good, with a wide selection. It was surprisingly un-crowded on a Friday evening this time, and overall the place seemed slightly frayed, but we enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared for GREAT food.GilWVIPDined on 4/5/2014But also be prepared to wait. We made a 7:15 reservation on Open Table, and got seated at 7:40. I think because the food is SO DARN GOOD, they were not prepared for such a crowd on a Saturday night, and we were a somewhat awkward party size at 5. We waited a bit for our bread and drinks too. Having said that, the food was - quite simply - amazing. It's a fairly "energetic" (re: loud) place, especially in the back room. Dress is casual. The homemade pasta is simply not to be believed. I also asked for a special combination of Gnocchi with putanesca sauce (Yeah, I'm pretty high maintenance), and it was prepared perfectly. Can't wait to go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food. Small roomDyoungVIPDined on 4/5/2014Delicious food. Small room we were in was very noisy. Pasta was excellent.Special Features:
- Where has this been my whole lifereviewer7Dined on 3/29/2014What a find, had no idea it was there. Pasta's all homemade, nice and light. Everything delicious, save room for dessert. Excellent prices. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feels like vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2014every time we go to roberto's it feels like a mini vacation! there is nothing bad to say about this restaurant. the owners and staff are like family...we are regulars!Special Features:
- Worth the DetourBobs516VIPDined on 3/15/2014Roberto's Tratoria is a find. If you are passing through the Germantown section of Philly, taking the extra time for the 8 mile detour is certainly worth the trip. Notable for its ravioli and gnocchi, the creativity of the dishes is matched by the tastes! I wish I lived closer so that I could become a regular!Special Features:
- Much better Italian availableFoodvoyageDined on 3/7/2014Our waiter belittled the sweet lady who was clearing tables in front of us. She had done a great job all night… But when I asked him to get me a to go box he was offended and got all over her when she had no idea that I needed the box. The waiter told us that the restaurant is known for its ravioli… the pair ravioli antipasta was like eating dessert 4 appetizer… My wife ordered the butternut squash raviolis 4 her entrée which were not pleasant. I ordered the special which was a shrimp and asparagus risotto. The risotto was not bad but it was definitely an overcooked and low-quality shrimp and I was dealing with. The wine list is nothing to speak of…After eating at Ralph's in South Philly earlier in the week this was very underwhelming.
- Great homemade pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014Roberto's is a great little spot with wonderful homemade ravioli & gnocchi.Special Features:
- WonderfulRJBermanDined on 2/28/2014My friends and I will be happy to add Roberto's to our list of favorite restaurants. Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience'RichDined on 2/28/2014My wife and I enjoy the home town atmosphere and the food is fantastic. Try the Pear Ravioli, it will bring you back again and againSpecial Features:
- Great food needing new serverscraigsa620Dined on 2/23/2014This was the second time we dined here and consistent with the first visit meals were great but the dining experience was marred by poor service. I am not certain if it is the fault of our waiter who was the same one we had the first visit or due to the restaurant being understaffed. They were full and only two waiters for approximately 15 tables. We were one of three large tables and our waiter was hard to find. We sat down at 5:30 and didn't get entrees until 7pm. Our waiter was not only absent but also extremely lacking in personality. It is disconcerting to have a service person be so seemingly indifferent. He gives the impression that he could care less about what you think. Also $43 for double Absolute rocks?!! Outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FoodAmyCDined on 2/15/2014The food never disappoints! The gnocchi melt in your mouth and the sauces are amazing. They have a tomato carrot bisque daily that is a heavenly way to start your meal. Roberto and his wife Anne are always present in the dining room and truly care about the quality of the food and the happiness of their customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines dinnerBrittanyDined on 2/14/2014We moved from Flourtown 2 years ago and used to like Roberto's very much. We were both fairly disappointed after this visit. The entire staff with the exception of one woman, who I assume is part owner, seemed stressed out to the point that it effected the ambiance in the restaurant. We were sitting close to the kitchen door and everyone was so hurried that there was a strong breeze everytime someone walked by. Our waitress was simply unfriendly. Our food was dropped off by different wait staff with not a word uttered. Luckily the wine was ok, the crab stuffed mushrooms and the salads were good. My husband enjoyed his pasta. I had the homemade butternut squash gnocchi and it had no flavor. I'm not sure if I'll return to Roberto's again.
- DisappointedMedia101VIPDined on 2/14/2014Based on the reviews I was happy to get a reservation for Valentine's Day. It was busy but they did have our table ready exactly on time. Both my husband and I were somewhat dissappointed in our dinners. Nothing really but also nothing really good. I think this is the type of place where you need to stick to a pasta dish. Appears that there are quite a few regulars since many of the wait staff knew the customers. Not sure we would go back.
- Delicious Homemade PastaLaurenDined on 2/14/2014My fiancee and I came here for a Valentine's Day dinner and we were not disappointed. We ordered a ravioli appetizer with pears and gorgonzola in a brandy sauce, which was incredible. For dinner, we both ordered pasta dishes and both were delicious. You can tell that the pasta is freshly made and it was cooked perfectly. The sauces were creamy and flavorful. For dessert, we split a tiramisu, which was the perfect ending to a wonderful dinner. For Valentine's Day, they also had live music - a guitar player - who played softly in the corner. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant, notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Love this restaurant, not particularly ambient but the delicious pasta more than makes up for it. We had a terrific bottle of wine, a two great apps, and pasta entrees. The wooden floors make for a lively environment which I appreciate as I ate with my 3 year old son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BluebellerBluebellerVIPDined on 1/25/2014First visit, chosen because en route to another commitment. Early Saturday dinner. Small crowd probably because of bad weather. Staff friendly and capable. Wine OK. Food not that great. Salads small but OK. Entree special meat lasagna, which we both had. Pasta overly limp. Sauce OK, nothing special. Tiramisu mediocre. Chocolate cake OK. Prices reasonable. Probably won't be returning.
- Byob on Tuesdays!byobfanDined on 1/14/2014Home made pasta. Very friendly atmosphere. Ravioli is to die for. Carrot soup a favorite of my husbands! Have had the lasagna once here when they had it as a special and I have never had better!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find!DennisDined on 1/12/2014Pastas! Especially pear ravioli. As (mostly) vegetarian, I appreciate the variety of non-meat, non-fish pastas, and never feel deprived. Service! Tara, who took care of our table early on New Year's Eve and again the time after that, was helpful, friendly, professional to the point of volunteering bringing two samples of wine, when my wife wasn't certain which glass of wine she wanted to try; and then, obviously with cooperation of bartender, brought a full glass of the wine my wife preferred. I'm comfortable saying this because, given its neighborhood reputation, I'm sure Roberto's owners don't object and encourage this kind of comfy service.Special Features:
- Great homemade pastaJellyotterVIPDined on 1/7/2014We love Robert's. The chef/owner's homemade gnocchi and ravioli are wonderful. Delicious sauces. Everyone is friendly in this cozy place. Byob Tuesdays. The bar is small and inviting. Talented bartender. Get the lasagna special when they have it. It gies fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Roberto'syummyDined on 1/4/2014Very cozy neighborhood restaurant. Really enjoyed the homemade pasta and bruchetta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pasta is homemae, freshestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013The pasta is homemae, freshest ingredients, great service, specials are reasonably priced and highest quality. Downtown quality with neighborhood prices. Have never had a bad experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, food not outstandingoliveseekerDined on 12/31/2013Very friendly, good service, had pumpkin ravioli (I think that is what it was) very good. But food overall just acceptable. My cocktail (lemon something I think) was really not good. I would try it again if I wanted a quiet, friendly place close by.
- Authentic Italian Tratorria!Luv2eatoutDined on 12/28/2013We started our meal with the baked mozzarella, prosciutto and mushroom appetizer. We've had this before and just love it. The house bread, a lovely crusty Italian, goes perfectly with it. My husband had the homemade lasagna which was one of the best he ever had. Even the noodles were freshly made. I was in the mood for a traditional spaghetti and meatballs and was quite impressed by both the sauce and the meatballs. We capped our meal with a pumpkin praline cheesecake which we had to split due to the generous, yet not outrageously large, dinner portions. We even got to meet Roberto, who hails from Rome. What a wonderful host and an exceptional cook! Molto Bene!Special Features:
- A small local gem for foodies.JoanDined on 12/28/2013Owned/operated by Chef who LOVES his food. Herbs grown in a gorgeous award-winning garden on the premises. Small but professional, personal, warm. Many regulars including large family gatherings so be prepared to effectively share your conversation with the restaurant unless you are there very early. Also an apparently thriving small bar scene. If I ever hung out in a bar this would be the one.Special Features:
- robertosreneeDined on 12/26/2013This little tiny restaurant was dark but romantic. It was our first time and we didn't sit by the windows we were seated in the back by the door that let up to the steps to go to the restroom, Normally it would of bothered me to sit there especially since I made reservations ahead of time and expected to get decent seats it really wasn't busy either but like I said it was pretty dark so it really didn't matter anyway. The food was good we had the cheese platter which was typical and my husband had the crab ravioli with a cream sauce which he loved (I was expecting just a little bit of ricotta in the filling but it was mostly backfin or claw meat), I had the spinach and ricotta ravioli which where outstanding! Homeade pasta is there thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.