700 Bethlehem Pike
Erdenheim, PA 19038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.robertotrattoria.com/
- Phone: (215) 233-9955
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Roberto's Trattoria
Casual, friendly, and family owned, Roberto's Trattoria specializes in pasta, made by hand, from the freshest quality ingredients. Among our signature dishes are pear ravioli in a brandy cream sauce, and "Ravioli alla Roberto" filled with savory crabmeat. If you're feeling "crazy" try our spaghetti alla schizzofrenica. Roberto's Trattoria also features classical Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Roberto's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Roberto's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Delish!RJBermanDined on 11/15/2014We love Roberto's and enjoy dining there with friends, It has become one of our favorite spots. I just wish they would take a few design steps that would help absorb some of the sound and lower the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and deliciousJeffDined on 11/12/2014We had been there before and came back. It was just as good the second time. Fresh and interesting pasta, delicious veal in olive oil, and yummy house salad dressing. We like the servers and the friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on pointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Roberto's Trattoria has been one of our "go-to" spots for a while now. All the pasta is homemade, wine list is small but well-considered, cocktails are excellent, and prices are very reasonable. Check it out, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteRJBermanDined on 11/8/2014We really enjoyed and our trip and we were quick to return with friends. The food is wonderful. Delicious specialty pasta'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousChrisDined on 10/24/2014The eggplant parmesean, true Italian style, was a treat. The homemade ravioli was perfect as was the pasta alla Norma. I am never disappointed at Roberto's! This time there was even homemade pumpkin pie which was fantastic and unlike any I've ever tasted. Grazie mille per tutti!Special Features:
- Enjoyab;e Mealthought4foodDined on 10/19/2014Great Service coupled with tasty food. An excellent combination when dining out. Portions were big enough to have a second meal the day after and just as tasty.Special Features:
- A Pleasant SurpriseTrustmeDined on 10/15/2014We picked Roberto's to meet for dinner because it meant everyone drove the same distance. It turned out to be a great find. Our server was helpful and pleasant but didn't rush us. He gave us plenty of time to talk. We ordered a bottle of wine from a small winery in Mendocino County, CA. It was terrific and one of our group is from Mendocino and had just recommended the winery! We started out with a couple of appetizers to share. The ravioli stuffed with pear and walnuts is fantastic. We were fighting over the last bite. The pasta dishes were light and delicious. Servings were generous without being too huge. All in all it was a great dining experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening with guestsLynBDined on 10/11/2014...We brought guests from Philadelphia, who had a "wonderful dinner...and plan to come to Roberto's again!"Special Features:
- Excelente!!ElviraVIPDined on 10/3/2014We frequently visit Roberto's and never leave unsatisfied! My family and I came to celebrate my mom's birthday and we were very pleased with the service, food and great atmosphere. Roberto and Anne came over and made sure my mom's birthday was special!Special Features:
- Barramundi/SeabasscelesteDined on 9/6/2014Love this fish at this restaurant, on of my favs! The rice with it however could be better, just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and ServiceFoodieDined on 8/23/2014This is the second time that I have been back in the past few months. Both times the food was fantastic, as was the service. The appetizer we ordered was a gastronomic gem; never tasted anything like it. You must try the raviolli stuffed with mushrooms in a pear sauce. It is to die for! The veal parmagana was among the best I've ever tasted and the portion extended over my plate. What a value!Special Features:
- Good Place for a Nice DinnermmmcookiesDined on 8/17/2014The entrance to the restaurant is through the bar, which does not really provide a good first impression. Past that, the dining area is much more cozy and appealing. We were a party of 8, so we were able to try several dishes - gnocchi, ravioli, sea bass were all delicious. We all enjoyed the quality of the food, which tasted freshly prepared at a reasonable price for a scratch restaurant. We had also read other reviews about the tiramisu, which did not disappoint. One area that could be improved was the men's room, which is a single occupancy and seems old and worn. Overall a very good experience and we will be happy to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 130 reviews are from the Roberto's Trattoria reviews archive.
- Great Find!BBrunoVIPDined on 7/17/2014Our first time there. The food was incredible! The appetizers were spectacular and the veal melted in your mouth. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemwsm314VIPDined on 7/12/2014We read the reviews for this restaurant & had to give it a try. We have dined in some of the best & most expensive Italian restaurants in the Philadelphia area. Honestly, none are as memorable as the dinner we had at Roberto's Trattoria! The service is excellent, the atmosphere pleasant, nothing fancy, which is fine. The food was delicious, from the rustic sourdough bread to the eggplant bite appetizer. My husband had the four cheese ravioli which was TO DIE FOR, absolutely delicious! My flounder with crabmeat had the perfect amount of Cajun spice, melted in my mouth! We had a delicious tiramisu and a decadent chocolate mousse cake for dessert! Everything was fabulous! We are telling all our friends, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- AlexisBVIPDined on 6/28/2014Very good food in pleasant setting. As we dined rather early, there were not many other diners. So the service was quite prompt and the noise level low.Special Features:
- wonderful neighborhood trattoriaNWPhilaeaterDined on 5/24/2014This little bistro, just outside NW Phila city limits, is a sweet little Italian place. The Italian is authentic -- we have often encountered tables filled with native Italians enjoying the cuisine. Homemade raviolis, and a nice mix of spicy and non-spicy dishes. Relaxing, good food, good moderate wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice suprise.luv2eatDined on 5/17/2014I have driven past this retaurant several times with every intention of trying it. I wish I did not wait so long. This past weekend my husband and I celebrated our anniverary and decided to try Roberto's. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and soon followed by our friendly waitress. Who knew when to approach or give us time to ourselves. The food was outstanding. It came in a timely manner with a not over the top presentatin. They advertise homemade pasta. Every morsal melted in your mouth. The sauces were flavorful and distinct. It brought back memories of making pasta in my grandmothers basement. We will definitly be back even with the children.Special Features:
- Most enjoyable meal and experience2healthyeatersDined on 5/15/2014My wife and I came here for our 15th anniversary. We usually go to a place that's new. In the past most of the places were more expensive than Roberto's but seldom was the food any better. Our evening was one that made us want to return ... soon! The pasta was excellent and the price was extremely reasonable. We chose the daily specials, although we were tempted by several other dishes on the menu. The waiter -- the Roberto of the restaurant's name? -- remembered and noted that it was our anniversary and commented cordially. Excellent night!Special Features:
- Pear Ravioli SurprisehiddengemfinderDined on 5/14/2014A friend and I had dinner at Roberto's just the other night , and I can not wait to go back. What a lovely little spot. Neither one of us knew it was even there. I had rigatoni wit sausage in a delicious cream sauce for my entree, but the real delight was a pear ravioli appetizer that was unique and very appetizing indeed! The server was awesome. The only reason for not scoring a five is the ladies room...it really needs an overhaul.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food and service was excellent . Staff was very compationate and most helpful for my handicapped friend. Will return to try other food selections as our choices were very good and would like to see what else is possible, .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warm and cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014roberto's is a very warm and cozy restaurant, where every time we go it has been a great experience...foodwise, ambiencewise! we enjoy when both roberto and his wife are there..it adds to the fun experience. they are both charming, hospitable hosts. we are regulars and hope to stay that way! it's not too far from arcadia and we like to treat our son who's a student there to a good meal in a relaxing environment!Special Features:
- Looking for comfortchazzDined on 4/27/2014Its luscious pastas alone are a good reason to patronize Roberto's. Overall, it delivers quality at modest cost. The bar mixes well. The wine selections are limited but sufficient. Eggplant appetizers, salads, and varied raviolis were excellent. Desserts, few at this visit, are not as varied or as authentic as the rest of the menu. I would welcome a cheese and ripe fruit option. Aside from finding just chewy clam pieces under the plentiful bacon on the otherwise well dressed and seasoned clams casino and having to request the usual primitively assuaging crusty bread and with oil, I was pleased with this experience. Roberto's allows for a leisurely evening . A previous visit provided superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014limited menu if you like pasta is the perfect place and good wineSpecial Features:
- Good meal with great serviceCAWSDined on 4/24/2014Our first visit and we chose because they participate in Action Aids Dining Out Turned out to be a good choice and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenes from an Italian RestaurantLuv2eatoutDined on 4/12/2014First for the positive: Roberto's offers consistently good Italian food. The salads accompanying their dishes are always fresh; the appetizers are creative and tasty; and the meatballs are divine. The negatives: in my opinion, the prices are a tad high and I had a spinach/ricotta gnocchi which I was not crazy about. Also, the night we went (our 4th time), our busboy twice tried to take plates that still had food on them (he failed to ask if we were done). I debated telling the hostess, but realized she should know the young man was a bit overzealous. When I told her, I very kindly phrased it and said I did not want to get him into trouble. I expected an apology and a thanks, but instead she said he was new and somewhat quickly walked away.Special Features:
- This was my second time here.dogfanDined on 4/11/2014This was my second time here. The food is very good, with a wide selection. It was surprisingly un-crowded on a Friday evening this time, and overall the place seemed slightly frayed, but we enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared for GREAT food.GilWVIPDined on 4/5/2014But also be prepared to wait. We made a 7:15 reservation on Open Table, and got seated at 7:40. I think because the food is SO DARN GOOD, they were not prepared for such a crowd on a Saturday night, and we were a somewhat awkward party size at 5. We waited a bit for our bread and drinks too. Having said that, the food was - quite simply - amazing. It's a fairly "energetic" (re: loud) place, especially in the back room. Dress is casual. The homemade pasta is simply not to be believed. I also asked for a special combination of Gnocchi with putanesca sauce (Yeah, I'm pretty high maintenance), and it was prepared perfectly. Can't wait to go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food. Small roomDyoungVIPDined on 4/5/2014Delicious food. Small room we were in was very noisy. Pasta was excellent.Special Features:
- Where has this been my whole lifereviewer7Dined on 3/29/2014What a find, had no idea it was there. Pasta's all homemade, nice and light. Everything delicious, save room for dessert. Excellent prices. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feels like vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2014every time we go to roberto's it feels like a mini vacation! there is nothing bad to say about this restaurant. the owners and staff are like family...we are regulars!Special Features:
- Worth the DetourBobs516VIPDined on 3/15/2014Roberto's Tratoria is a find. If you are passing through the Germantown section of Philly, taking the extra time for the 8 mile detour is certainly worth the trip. Notable for its ravioli and gnocchi, the creativity of the dishes is matched by the tastes! I wish I lived closer so that I could become a regular!Special Features:
- Much better Italian availableFoodvoyageDined on 3/7/2014Our waiter belittled the sweet lady who was clearing tables in front of us. She had done a great job all night… But when I asked him to get me a to go box he was offended and got all over her when she had no idea that I needed the box. The waiter told us that the restaurant is known for its ravioli… the pair ravioli antipasta was like eating dessert 4 appetizer… My wife ordered the butternut squash raviolis 4 her entrée which were not pleasant. I ordered the special which was a shrimp and asparagus risotto. The risotto was not bad but it was definitely an overcooked and low-quality shrimp and I was dealing with. The wine list is nothing to speak of…After eating at Ralph's in South Philly earlier in the week this was very underwhelming.
- Great homemade pasta!Banjoman248Dined on 2/28/2014Roberto's is a great little spot with wonderful homemade ravioli & gnocchi.Special Features:
- WonderfulRJBermanDined on 2/28/2014My friends and I will be happy to add Roberto's to our list of favorite restaurants. Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience'RichDined on 2/28/2014My wife and I enjoy the home town atmosphere and the food is fantastic. Try the Pear Ravioli, it will bring you back again and againSpecial Features:
- Great food needing new serverscraigsa620Dined on 2/23/2014This was the second time we dined here and consistent with the first visit meals were great but the dining experience was marred by poor service. I am not certain if it is the fault of our waiter who was the same one we had the first visit or due to the restaurant being understaffed. They were full and only two waiters for approximately 15 tables. We were one of three large tables and our waiter was hard to find. We sat down at 5:30 and didn't get entrees until 7pm. Our waiter was not only absent but also extremely lacking in personality. It is disconcerting to have a service person be so seemingly indifferent. He gives the impression that he could care less about what you think. Also $43 for double Absolute rocks?!! Outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FoodAmyCDined on 2/15/2014The food never disappoints! The gnocchi melt in your mouth and the sauces are amazing. They have a tomato carrot bisque daily that is a heavenly way to start your meal. Roberto and his wife Anne are always present in the dining room and truly care about the quality of the food and the happiness of their customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines dinnerBrittanyDined on 2/14/2014We moved from Flourtown 2 years ago and used to like Roberto's very much. We were both fairly disappointed after this visit. The entire staff with the exception of one woman, who I assume is part owner, seemed stressed out to the point that it effected the ambiance in the restaurant. We were sitting close to the kitchen door and everyone was so hurried that there was a strong breeze everytime someone walked by. Our waitress was simply unfriendly. Our food was dropped off by different wait staff with not a word uttered. Luckily the wine was ok, the crab stuffed mushrooms and the salads were good. My husband enjoyed his pasta. I had the homemade butternut squash gnocchi and it had no flavor. I'm not sure if I'll return to Roberto's again.
- DisappointedMedia101VIPDined on 2/14/2014Based on the reviews I was happy to get a reservation for Valentine's Day. It was busy but they did have our table ready exactly on time. Both my husband and I were somewhat dissappointed in our dinners. Nothing really but also nothing really good. I think this is the type of place where you need to stick to a pasta dish. Appears that there are quite a few regulars since many of the wait staff knew the customers. Not sure we would go back.
- Delicious Homemade PastaLaurenDined on 2/14/2014My fiancee and I came here for a Valentine's Day dinner and we were not disappointed. We ordered a ravioli appetizer with pears and gorgonzola in a brandy sauce, which was incredible. For dinner, we both ordered pasta dishes and both were delicious. You can tell that the pasta is freshly made and it was cooked perfectly. The sauces were creamy and flavorful. For dessert, we split a tiramisu, which was the perfect ending to a wonderful dinner. For Valentine's Day, they also had live music - a guitar player - who played softly in the corner. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.