Roberto's Ristorante & Pizzeria
483 Spring Road
Elmhurst, IL 60126Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Roberto's Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.robertosristorante.net/
- Phone: 6302798486
- Hours of Operation:
Open: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pasquale Moreci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Roberto's offers a wide range of entrees available for catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms available for private functions; many different menu options available.
- Entertainment: Every Friday and Saturday Live Entertainment.
A word from Roberto's Ristorante & Pizzeria
Roberto's Ristorante and Pizzeria’s menu options include pastas, classic Italian preparations of veal, and chicken, fresh seafood, and more. Roberto’s offers live musical entertainment on weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Roberto's Ristorante & Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Elmhurst ›
Roberto's Ristorante & Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (29)good for groups (18)special occasion (16)romantic (15)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Celebration disappointmentLocaldinerDined on 9/13/2014We chose this neighborhood restaurant because we had small children and knew that we could be in and out fairly quickly. I had asked for a highchair and noted we were celebrating one of the children's birthday's in the reservation but neither were offered and we had to ask. Our waiter was very attentive at first but then soon disappeared and our evening turned into a night trying to locate him to get the birthday desert and which by the time it was received the children were pretty much done with the evening. We had to send the majority of our family home while we waited for the bill which took far too long to get as well. Sadly it was not a pleasant experience however I will say the food was very good.
- Good food, poor serviceLW09Dined on 9/13/2014The food was good (as usual), but the service was notably poor. Both soft drinks and water glasses were all completely empty for probably 20 minutes. Our waiter hadn't even walked by for us to ask him- he seemed to disappear? Did not ask how the food was once it arrived to the table or if we needed anything else.Special Features:
- Food! Glorious Food!SlainteVIPDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I visited on a very pleasant evening and enjoyed dining on the outdoor patio. The menu is extensive and reasonably priced for the quality and portion sizes. Entrees come with a choice of soup or salad. My wife enjoyed the eggplant parmigiana and soup of the day. I had a deliciously prepared daily special of three boneless pork chops and a salad. Again, portions are generous. My one criticism, or suggestion, to Roberto's is to offer the option of a caesar salad with entrees. I requested a caesar salad with my entree, which was very good. But our server never mentioned the caesar came only as a $7.95 side, not as a dinner salad. How difficult could it be to make a caesar dinner salad? Just serve it on a smaller plate!Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner.AustinDined on 8/30/2014Our foursome, which included a seven-year-old, enjoyed the good food and service on this excellent local restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The bartender made a perfect Negroni! Food, as always, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableRegularDinersDined on 8/26/2014Waiter was patient with us as we had business to discuss before eating. Menu variety was adequate. I was able to order off of the menu which i always appreciate, especially in an Italian restaurant. I still like this place.Special Features:
- So-soFinediningDined on 8/23/2014Lived in Elmhurst for 27 years and loved their pizza but not so much the dining room. Seemed if you were a favorite, you were treated better. Our service could have been better. Served salad but not asked about fresh pepper, we had to ask for it. Ordered clams for appetizer and instead of moving things on the table, the waiter slid four on my husbands plate and dropped the other two from the service plate in front of me! We were not asked how we liked our meal. Overall we were not happy about the service and did not think the meal was anything outstanding. Will not go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Recently moved downtown from the suburbs, but we remain big fans of Roberto's for >30 yrs. Food always great and a good, reasonably priced wine list. We've sat outside for our past 2 visits and have had the same server. Unfortunately, he was condescending to my wife for both visits. Also, we had to ask and wait for olive oil, then waited again for graded cheese for our bread. We will visit again soon, but we will make sure we have a different server.Special Features:
- Love it!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2014This place is great! Food is excellent!!! It was just the two of us and had a great experience. So nice to have a great place to go that's close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience & ServiceEdZsDined on 8/11/2014We celebrated a Birthday dinner with the family on the outside patio. Our server was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChiTownTraderDined on 8/9/2014Our dinners here are Always spot on - waitstaff is excellent, especially Arson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First "so-so" experience here.OrangeTVIPDined on 8/9/2014Brought friends here who had never been to this neighborhood gem and we got right to our table, which doesn't always happen on a Saturday night. Nice waiter who got us our drinks quickly, but the food order took WAY too long. When we inquired as to what was happening, the nice server said they only had two chefs in that night (assuming it's lower than normal) which was causing the delay. We asked for a round of drinks on the house for the inconvenience. The waiter said the manager chewed HIM out for asking and refused. Not terrible, except for the manager never came to check on us, knowing our frustration. Good food as always, but came out feeling disappointed.Special Features:
- Love RobertosHonestlyDined on 8/9/2014Food is always consistently delicious. Service always courteous, prompt & impeccable. Atmosphere outside, inside and at the bar is unique and perfect. Can bring a family or just have dinner for 2 or drinks with appetizers - great for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitTomODined on 7/26/2014This was me and my wife's first visit and we were very pleased. The décor brought back memories of my family that came from Italy. I loved it. The entree's came out hot, nicely plated and tasted very good. We were welcomed when we walked in by a polite young lady. No complaints, just can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 3 1/2 Hour Dining DisappointmentDGMo54Dined on 7/25/2014We've eaten here many times.Loved it.Last night my brothers and wives joined us for a special occasion: we're all celebrating milestone anniversaries.Service: painfully slow.We were ignored after a point.Finally(!) salads - so overdressed, limp, warm that they were inedible.I had ordered a smaller Caesar salad but the kitchen said no to my request.Hmm, ok.Parties nearby had their meals, left, and were replaced by new diners who also got their meals.My uneaten salad still in front of me.We couldn't find our waiter.Food finally came; no apology for the wait.My sis-in-law's "special" was not what she ordered.Spinach, which she hates!My lasagna was terribly salty.And so on.A bad albeit expensive meal.So disappointing!We truly liked this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/19/2014Sat on the patio with perfect weather. Food is always great. Large selection of specials, coffee is the best. Too full for dessert!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/16/2014We had a great time!!! I was. Nervous when we arrived because it was busy. But it did not affect our service or food!!! Can't wait for another date night there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodmealtimeVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is one of our local favorite "go to" restaurants.Special Features:
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We went to this resturant because my husband and myself received a gift card. I don't think I would ever go back. It was not a horrible experience but it was uncomfortable. The server was wacky and made the setting weird. Patting me on the back and telling me I did a good job eating my meal. That's kind of strage to me. The bartenders working were rude and continued to stare at our table the ENTIRE time we were there. Food was not impressive. Nothing I would have to go back to eat.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerTimVDined on 6/20/2014IT was my son's 11th birthday and our waiter was great as was the food. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great food and ServiceJCSantoroDined on 6/14/2014We frequent Roberto's for both dinner and pizza. This restaurant has never let us down. The food is always fresh and hot; the service is impeccable and the weekend music adds to those looking for a romantic atmosphere and dancing is always an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+PreoliVIPDined on 6/11/2014Food and service were good. We eat at Roberto's at least 3 times per month.Special Features:
- Best Pizza in DuPage Co. & BeyondLiliBooDined on 6/10/2014Elmhurst is lucky to have Roberto's Restaurant; even luckier that they have both a lovely eat in & delivery. THE BEST PIZZA in DuPage County along with other great Italian dishes. The staff is friendly & attentive. We arrived early Monday evening. Decided upon salad & pizza. The waiter said, let me order that immediately since take out & delivery orders are coming in fast already. I thought that the dinning room would not be that busy that early on a Monday, but was only half right. It was quiet when we arrived, but mid way through our shared & delicious chopped salad the place started to fill up. When we left, it was hoppin'. As always the pizza was great. If you've not visited Roberto's you should. Go you'll be happy you did.Special Features:
- Charming neighborhood restaurantJosieDined on 6/7/2014Loved the food, very authentic. Service was great. We sat in the patio which was very nice however we were closest to the sidewalk and there is a little toy train there that every child in the neighborhood had to stop by and climb into, right behind us. That was a little noisy & distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 365 reviews are from the Roberto's Ristorante & Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Great Food & ServiceMaryrDined on 5/17/2014As always, Roberto's always delivers when it comes to food! Everything is fresh and delicious. Service is wonderful. We were seated right away with our reservations even though it was extremely busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corkieVIPDined on 5/16/2014This was our second visit to Roberto's in a week. This time we brought friends. Our meals were delicious. We ordered the carpaccio, the stuffed baked figs, and the escargots for appetizers and shared them. We wished we could have had more. Then, our entrees came. The men had pork chops and branzino and polished them off saying they were perfect. My friend had sea bass and I had rigatoni. I was the only one who took home half my entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corkieVIPDined on 5/12/2014What a wonderful surprise finding Roberto's. It was recommended to me by my hairdresser, who is from Calabria, Italy. Going there and reading the menu, I felt that I was at home. When the food came, it was prepared the way my mother made it and the way that I make it. My husband had a veal dish that was delicious and I had spaghetti puttanesca. It was perfect. I also judge Italian restaurants on the cannoli and the one at Roberto's, though lacking the candied fruit that I put in mine, was fresh and delicious. I would go back and I would take friends and family. Probably making the experience so great was our waiter, Angelo. He was the epitome of the perfect waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014I have been going here for many years, although in the past 3 not so much. I am a widow and this was a place my husband and I went at least once a month so it was a little hard for me to go back. I did find the service to be not as quick as in the past, however this was the Saturday night before Mother's day and there were a lot of big parties. I have never had a bad meal here and that is what is most important to me. I took a friend who had never been here before and they very much enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Fantastic!SKDKDined on 4/30/2014This was a fantastic meal - service, food, ambience - all was wonderful. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningTraderDined on 4/26/2014Have eaten at Roberto's numerous times with my wife and also friends. They have great food, wine selection and the service is impeccable. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBeansDined on 4/26/2014This was our first visit the food was excellent. Saturday night singer was great wonderful atmosphere! We will most definitely be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd and last visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014Big disappointment. Our first time was in October. Food, service and value were so excellent we returned for another visit, which will be our last. I made a reservation for 2 people at 6:30 (3 wks Prior).We arrived at 6:25 and waited at hostess desk to be greeted for about 6 minutes. At which time we were told there would be a 15 -20 min wait unless we wanted to sit outside. (40degree temp in enclosed/ heated patio) we got seated at 7:15. Our server stated she was new, & asked us to point out our choices to her on the menu as she said " I Don't know if we have that". The deserts are pre packaged & frozen. The food was not even close to what it was in October, in fact I have had better meals at " Olive Garden". Bad service, bad foodSpecial Features:
- A little for a lotDaveVIPDined on 4/12/2014Tilapia special was very average for 32 dollars. Grilled vegetables were very good. Waiter was crabby and abrupt with no real interest in ensuring we had drinks, water....and offered nothing when asked about what we should have off menu. Like pizza from order out. Overpriced for value on dine in.Special Features:
- Food/service discrepancyNannerDined on 4/11/2014We've been coming to Roberto's for many years. Food was great from pasta to meat and fish. Service was disappointing and inattentive. We were a party of 6 and restaurant was not busy. More attention was paid to smaller parties. We arrived at 5:00 pm on a Friday and they were already out of a popular wine. Had to ask for bread numerous times, as well as to ask that someone take our order and finally to bring the check. When we eventually brought the check up to the cash register, waiter met us there with a scowl. Not good service at all.
- Not the usualPreoliVIPDined on 4/5/2014We are regular customers of Roberto's However, our meal was really salty and the service was mediocre at best.
- We haven't been to this restaurantjohnVIPDined on 3/28/2014We haven't been to this restaurant in 10 years and wondered why we haven't been there the food was excellent the service was great in the place is clean so we will definitely be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The veal was excellentFullVIPDined on 3/22/2014Everyone at our table ordered Veal. 3 out of 4 had the parmesan and I had the picatta. Everyone enjoyed their dish. The salad was good also. My friend who never eats anything, loved her veal parmesan. I've never seen her eat that much. This is definitely a place we would come back to. I've only been there a few times before, once after a funeral, and once just for pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful experienceTeacher5Dined on 3/7/2014This restaurant has been a favorite for years. We are never disappointed with the food, service, or atmosphere. We had a lovely, quiet dinner and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the neighborhoodGreateatsDined on 3/7/2014I love Roberto's because the experience is the same on each visit - perfect. The food is outstanding. We split the dover sole and it was prepared better than any restaurant in Chicago. The service is of the best quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter kept disappearing forGFluv2dineDined on 3/4/2014Waiter kept disappearing for long periods of time. Did not give us wine list. took a long time to get it after we asked it. He seems to be inconvenienced. It was Tuesday night and not to many people there.Special Features: