2 Columbus Circle, 9th Floor
Museum of Arts and Design
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.robertnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 299-7730
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch (Weekends Only): 11:00 - 3:00 Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Small Plates, Drinks and Desserts: 3:00 - 5:30; Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5:30pm - 12:00am; Sun-Mon: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Tue: 5:30 - 11:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Appetizers, Drinks and Desserts: 3:00 - 5:30
Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5:30pm - 12:00am;
Sun, Mon: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Luisa Fernandes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Every Night of the Week!
Jazz Trio Sunday brunch 12:30 - 2:30pm
- Special Events: Celebrate your wedding or special event at Robert as you overlook Columbus Circle, Central Park and Broadway through our floor-to-ceiling windows. Dine on classic, modern American fare. Create the experience of a lifetime with our event planners and culinary team. At Robert, our focus is on surpassing your expectations. Leave every detail and element to our knowledgeable staff.
- Cross Street: 8th Avenue & Broadway
- Public Transit: A,B, C, D & 1 trains to Columbus Circle, N, R, Q & W trains to 57th St and 7th Avenue, and F train to 57th St and 6th Avenue. M5, M7, M10, M20, M30 and M104 buses to Columbus Circle at 59th St or 57th St and 8th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: World Parking Garage - 1 Central Park West (60th St), ICON Columbus Circle Parking - 330 W58th St (between 8th and 9th), Central Parking at the Time Warner Center, 345 W58th St (between 8th and 9th), and Champion Parking, 225 W58th St (between 7th and Broadway)
A word from Robert
Robert is a modern American restaurant housed within the Museum of Arts and Design with an amazing view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Enjoy dinner and a bottle of fine wine from our collection in our beautifully designed dining room. Have a seat in our lounge next to our baby grand piano and sip one of our cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Robert reviews from OpenTable diners
461 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (397)special occasion (247)romantic (209)fit for foodies (166)great for lunch (138)great for brunch (126)neighborhood gem (106)hot spot (93)good for groups (73)notable wine list (43)late-night find (37)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Delicious and a Great ViewsuzrtayDined on 11/23/2014Not only was the food delicious, the restaurant is quiet enough that we could carry on a decent conversation without screaming - yet the background music helps block the other conversations. Our server was patient and helpful, gave great wine advice, and left us alone when we wanted it. I love the view but we were seated at the back of the restaurant - reserve early for the best seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014We enjoyed the views and the food too, but for what you get it is slightly overpriced, but then you get compensated by the window table and great service. I would not go back there but if this is your first time in NY it is a must see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceTinapayDined on 11/22/2014Overall it was fantastic. I just think our waiter was overwhelmed. Took longer than normal for orders to be taken. Other than that everything was excellent. Fois Mousse and Duck were the stars of the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and what a view!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We were so pleased we chose Robert to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We got a fab table by the window. The atmosphere was super overall. The staff were amazing - I stumbled in front if the restaurant and they were very solicitous in getting me ice and making sure I was comfortable. The food - loved it. We both had the scallops to start and they were huge and perfectly cooked! I had the fillet mignion which was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service, amazing view!KimleblancDined on 11/22/2014We came to celebrate our anniversary. it was great! Very nice service, great food, nice portions, nice wines. Best restaurant we've been to so far in NyC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewhappy2dineDined on 11/22/2014The location is great and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. The food was good but very small portions and I am not a big eater. However I would rather have small portions of good food than average food with larger portions. One waiter seemed to have most of the tables so the service was a little slow but acceptable. Overall it was a very nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved loved loved it.NYyumDined on 11/22/2014What a great weekend morning...seriously great New York morning (and of course by New York morning I mean early afternoon!). If you aren't familiar-- Robert's location on Columbus circle affords this 9th floor museum retreat (atop the MAD) a stunning view of Central Park. Interesting preparations that were not too out there but special. We got there too early and table was not ready. Staff made us comfortable why we waited and they were very apologetic (which in reality...not their fault we were so early!)-Thank you!!! Drink menu is fun and tasty. Staff is friendly and Ambiance is Museum chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaVIPDined on 11/20/2014The food, décor, view and fabulous staff make this my favorite place for lunch in New York. Everyone I bring to the restaurant falls in love with it. It is a very special restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014A must for dining in New York we will visit again next time we are in New YorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW2014PatsyDined on 11/17/2014Robert was recommended to me by a friend and I was not disappointed. We were a party of three and our table overlooking Columbus Circle was spectacular! We snapped so many pictures! The food was beautifully prepared and presented. Service was attentive, but not intrusive. The Wine List was varied and not over priced. I have not stopped raving about the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert RulesmnbnycVIPDined on 11/16/2014OK it may be a tourists' place but the service and the ambience here are very New York and the view is great even at night. Service for our group of 8 was very good indeed and we had a nice table slightly out of the main part of the restaurant which allowed for reasonable level conversation. The food is very good without being outstanding and the prices are within reason for a restaurant with this quality and location. We try not to go to the same restaurant more often than once or twice but we have used Robert more often as it always delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tourists onlymarieclaireDined on 11/16/2014out of towners eating mediocre food, lured by the wonderful viewSpecial Features:
- Only the view is greatEFPSTDined on 11/15/2014If you are sure you will get a table by the main windows, go ahead and enjoy Robert. If not, there's better food many other places.
- Nice Atmosphere, Good Service, but Mediocre Foodmadmax01Dined on 11/15/2014I have been to Robert on a few occasions, 2x for dinner and 2x for lunch. The staff is lovely and attentive and the view stunning if you sit by the windows. That said, the food is generally mediocre. I had the papaya and goat cheese salad and a seafood stew on my last visit. Both were just okay - I could have made them better at home. My husband's burrata, fig and serrano ham appetizer was the best item of our meal, but his gnocchi was uninspired and bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central Park ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014This was my second time at Robert's; the first time I was lucky and was given a window table; this time though most window tables remained unoccupied during my stay and I had asked for one I was not lucky..they gave me a table on the back and the hostess was almost rude, she couldn't care less. That disappointing start was somwhow compensated by the great food: Farfalle carbonara and a delicious dessert, Caramel Chocolate mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place close to broadway...FoodhunterVIPDined on 11/14/2014If you want to have an excellent late dinner at a hot spot, romantic place and with attentive staff, this is the right one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average, disappointedDog15Dined on 11/14/2014The restaurant was average. People were to close, food was expensive and ok not great. View was nice but the experience was not worth the price. Came here because it was rated top 5 for romance... For that I say it is a 1 not romantic at all. I would never come againSpecial Features:
- DonnaVIPDined on 11/14/2014Lunch was fabulous. My guests had the best time. The view at this time of year was spectacular, and the food was delicious. We ate every morsel. My guests can't wait to return. They could not stop complimenting me for choosing the restaurant and for the wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaVIPDined on 11/13/2014I love this restaurant. And everyone I take to the restaurant also falls in love with it. The view is so glorious, the staff so warm and friendly and the food delicious. It is a perfect place to take all my friends, which I do. I was here for lunch three times this week! What more can I say. It is very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best view in townJoddilly1VIPDined on 11/12/2014An outstanding restaurant on all accounts. NYC is lucky to have this unique restaurant to boast about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CasperVIPDined on 11/11/2014This is the third time I have taken guests to Robert and the third time my guest was overwhelmed by the view, the ambiance and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cosmogurlDined on 11/10/2014It was a great place to entertain our guest from Boston with the amazing view next to the window! Make sure when you make your reservation you ask for the window seats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceEtherkay1Dined on 11/9/2014this was my second time here and i enjoyed it even more, great cocktails, i recommend the Isabell, the food was delicious and especially the Bomboloni, the waiter could not have been nicer and we had a great time. as this is just a few blocks from me, i will be backSpecial Features:
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great view over Central Park if you luckily got seated at a table by the window facing north. Very contemporary decor. Tomato pasta sauce was like ketchup. Scrambled eggs were overcooked. Service was good.Special Features:
- Great placeJaymarie9Dined on 11/8/2014I have been to Robert several times, whenever family/friends come visit NY, I take them to Robert. Food and service are great, and the place is beautiful. However this is the last time I will go there. I made a reservation and requested a window table, for a special occasion. When I get there they told me there were no window tables available. I was dissapointed but enjoyed my dinner. What is upsetting to me is that there were 2 empty window tables the whole time we dined. This is the 3rd time this has happened. I recommend Robert but if you're taking anyone for a special dinner and reserve don't expect to get what u asked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014we brought friend who were celebrating their wedding anniversary and the restaurant remembered with a lovely little token dessert. food and service were outstanding as usual.Special Features:
- ReservationdissatisfiedcustomerVIPDined on 11/8/2014While our reservation (3 weeks in advance) was with a suggestion of a window table, we did not get it. When I asked the host about a table close to the window she indicated it was reserved. However, the table remained open all the time we were in the restaurant. I noted to the host before leaving the restaurant that the table we wanted remained open, she did not have any answer to that question.
- midtownerDined on 11/8/2014Ask for a table at the window, which wasn't available. Then at another table within minutes, we were moved to a table at the window, the view from which is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Es very expensive for the quality you are receivingSpecial Features:
- Great Fun.nytourguideDined on 11/5/2014This place is great. I'm a Tour Guide and this is my favorite NY restaurant. Walk around this lively (But not loud) restaurant. The interior design is colorful and different parts of the L shaped hall have different kinds of tables in different shapes and made of various materials and oh! the colors! Really excellent food. (I had the duck this time) I've gone 3 times. Twice for a birthday celebration and the staff was eager to please without being overbearing. You can dress up or go casual. This place is "hip" without even a hint of pretentiousness. Have fun!Special Features:
- Great view of Central ParkBadgerSteveVIPDined on 11/5/2014Lunch at Robert was very pleasant. Asked for and got a seat by window overlooking Central Park and Columbus Circle. Efficient, friendly service and very good food. Nice lunch options. Enjoyed the tomato soup, salmon burger and salmon Caesar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a delightSandy75Dined on 11/5/2014The esthetics and acoustics of the setting, are a terrific backdrop for delicious food and easy conversation. A gem!Special Features:
- MARATHON MILE 26EricDined on 11/2/2014What a remarkable view, the marathon runners 9 stories below running through Columbus Circle and into the park. The menu was clever, the food tasty, and, as befits a restaurant in the Museum of Art and Design, the design was artistic and modish. I enjoyed the tuna nicoise, while my daughter gobbled up the portabello mushroom sandwich (with portabello mushroom in lieu of bread, with mozzarella and tomato between the portabello mushroom).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- co3lho7Dined on 11/2/2014Very Good for for the view and very poor for the food (I choose the steack for the brunch). The price it's correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RekalbDined on 11/1/2014The service and meal was fabulous. Will recommend this restaurant..its high on our list for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who Knew ????Jazzsax13Dined on 11/1/2014We actually received a gift certificate for Robert and much to our surprise it was an excellent time . Live music, great views (but don't EVER expect a window seat), wonderful service and fantastic yummy food. Will go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Wonderful View & Service!DCDinerDined on 11/1/2014We were fortunate to have a window table and though it was raining outside - it was warm & sunny inside. The service was first rate and the ambience was fun. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendMDB2Dined on 10/31/2014I made my reservation a week in advance, but they were not able to fulfill my request for a window seat. The room was too dark - people were using their phone lights to look at the menu, which was distracting. The two person tables are so wide, it's hard to feel close to your date/talk intimately. The tables are too close to other tables making it impossible to feel privacy. It was supposed to be a live jazz night, but the music was so soft and far off I hardly knew there was live jazz. The food is mediocre and lacks flavor. I was expecting a beautiful view of the city, excellent food and presentation, a colorful and well designed restaurant, but Robert failed.Special Features:
- Friday evening pre-concertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014The food greatly exceeded our expectations based on other food reviews we had read. It was a great experience beyond just the view (which was outstanding). The wait staff (especially our waiter, David) was fantastic. Greatly enjoyed the experience prior to a concert at Carnegie Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place.RichLAVIPDined on 10/31/2014Got a reservation here for my birthday and asked for a window table. It probably helped that we did an early dinner. The view was absolutely amazing (went just at sundown). The food was great. Everything about the restaurant was perfect. Would definitely love to go here again.Special Features: