2 Columbus Circle, 9th Floor
Museum of Arts and Design
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.robertnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122997730x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch (Weekends Only): 11:00 - 3:00 Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Small Plates, Drinks and Desserts: 3:00 - 5:30; Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5:30pm - 12:00am; Sun-Mon: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Tue: 5:30 - 11:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Appetizers, Drinks and Desserts: 3:00 - 5:30
Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5:30pm - 12:00am;
Sun, Mon: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Luisa Fernandes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Every Night of the Week!
Jazz Trio Sunday brunch 12:30 - 2:30pm
- Special Events: Celebrate your wedding or special event at Robert as you overlook Columbus Circle, Central Park and Broadway through our floor-to-ceiling windows. Dine on classic, modern American fare. Create the experience of a lifetime with our event planners and culinary team. At Robert, our focus is on surpassing your expectations. Leave every detail and element to our knowledgeable staff.
- Cross Street: 8th Avenue & Broadway
- Public Transit: A,B, C, D & 1 trains to Columbus Circle, N, R, Q & W trains to 57th St and 7th Avenue, and F train to 57th St and 6th Avenue. M5, M7, M10, M20, M30 and M104 buses to Columbus Circle at 59th St or 57th St and 8th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: World Parking Garage - 1 Central Park West (60th St), ICON Columbus Circle Parking - 330 W58th St (between 8th and 9th), Central Parking at the Time Warner Center, 345 W58th St (between 8th and 9th), and Champion Parking, 225 W58th St (between 7th and Broadway)
A word from Robert
Robert is a modern American restaurant housed within the Museum of Arts and Design with an amazing view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Enjoy dinner and a bottle of fine wine from our collection in our beautifully designed dining room. Have a seat in our lounge next to our baby grand piano and sip one of our cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Robert reviews from OpenTable diners
468 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (406)special occasion (247)romantic (211)fit for foodies (162)great for lunch (146)great for brunch (129)neighborhood gem (102)hot spot (77)good for groups (71)notable wine list (50)late-night find (35)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Great meal with a great viewrloot75VIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I had a great experience at Robert. It was her birthday and I requested a window seat and they were able to accommodate this. The food was fresh and delicious. The service attentive and helpful. An excellent dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 60years with SistersmamalunaDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant came highly recommended by the daughter of one of your NYC customers. It certainly was everything she said it would be- incredible view, impeccable service, and superb food. The only disappoint was the proclaimed outrageously superb Duck. One of my sisters ordered it for her entre and found that it was far too fatty to enjoy. We were so disheartened to admit the fact to the waiter who'd been so gracious and really caring all evening long. Sadly, my sister returned it for another dish which she found very delicious, the Salmon. All in all the experience was one we will always remember as very special. As the birthday girl celebrating a milestone birthday, I can say it was a most memorably experience.Special Features:
- great for a romantic dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We had a table at the window front. Great view, very friendly Service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small expensive dishes- were hungryAdinaDined on 10/16/2014The not cheap dishes were the smallest l have ever experienced in NYC. We were 4 friends who went straight to another restaurant right after, cause we were still hungry We tried the Lamb and the filet dishes, the food was tasty, but too small.
- Always enjoyablemacnycVIPDined on 10/16/2014The location of Robert alone makes it worth the visit, but the whole package seals the deal. Overlooking Central Park, Columbus Circle, AOL Time-Warner Center and several avenues makes the view spectacular (and new) at any time of year or day. The service is professional, but not overdone, the menu is always interesting and the live music completes the dream. A wonderful venue to celebrate just about anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love robertChelseaVIPDined on 10/15/2014getting a window table at Robert is just the best. the service is so good you don't notice it. and the food keeps improving. the singer and pianist are so very much better than blasting rock and roll.Special Features:
- Highest praise!RuslanDined on 10/15/2014Splendid food, suave service, exciting décor. The reasonably priced prefixe lunch menu offered interesting choices. The celery root soup was perfection, as were the agnolotti and the pumpkin cheesecake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view +BrooklynDinerVIPDined on 10/15/2014What a wonderful meeting place for lunch! Such a pleasant place to meet old friends and have a luscious lunch. The chicken on my Caesar salad was so tender and full of taste. The salad itself, though very basic, was so fresh and chilled. Pleasant service and great views.Special Features:
- What a view!bornandbredNYfoodieDined on 10/15/2014Took a friend visiting from out of town who had never seen the view from Robert before. She is an avid photographer and loves Central Park so it was such a delight to get a reservation for lunch right by the windows with perfect views of Columbus Circle and Central Park. The service was delightful and prompt. The food was quite delicious and the portions were generous. Ambiance is one of elegance and style, as expected being it is housed within the Museum of Art & Design. Definitely would recommend not only for visitors to NYC but even born and bred New Yorkers such as myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Experience!MeeeVIPDined on 10/14/2014Robert was a great experience - my wife and I decided on a whim to make a reservation. Very, very glad we did. The view was fantastic and we had fun 'neighbors' as the tables are a bit close together. We've recommended it to friends and will go back. -CliffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Thoughtful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Made last minute same day reservation for dinner for friends visiting from out of country (honeymoon). There's tons of restaurants with nice views but they were so accommodating. I did write a request for window seats when making the reservation and just to make sure i called to ask if that would be possible but i was told it may be difficult because those seats get reserved way in advance but they will try. When i arrived the restaurant is better than the way it looks in pictures and most exciting they were able to give me seats by the window. The food was good the service was great and they really took into consideration bringing out complimentary dishes to congratulate the newlyweds. The 3 of us had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique location even for New YorkerGregDined on 10/13/2014Incredible views of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Food was outstanding with options to satisfy anyone. Overall an experience worth sharing with someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemTravelerVIPDined on 10/13/2014Robert was a true find. We live less than 4 blocks from Columbus Circle, so we were thrilled to find such an excellent restaurant so close. My husband and I both had the salad which was fresh and crunchy, and the dressing very tasty. We had the salmon entree', again, fresh and cooked to perfection. The pumpkin cheesecake was full of flavor and perfect for the time of year. The most exciting aspect of Robert is the view. We had a corner, window table, which looked directly upon Columbus Circle, and the entrance to Central Park. (It happened to be Columbus Day).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and beautifull view!VeroniqueDined on 10/12/2014Nous cherchions une experience unique a New-York pour notre voyage, nous avons été comblés! We were looking for a unique experience in New York, and it was perfect! Good food and a wonderfull view of Manhattan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On Top of Central ParkthestylebrokerDined on 10/12/2014Robert is a chic restaurant with a modern design and good food. Located on the 9th floor of the Museum of Art and Design in Columbus Circle, it offers unparalleled views of Central Park and the Upper West Side. It feels as though you're floating over the park and is a show stopper for guests from out of town. Sunday brunch was accompanied by a smooth jazz band. Wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- Great brunchHogtownerDined on 10/12/2014My daughter and I were visiting NYC last weekend and arranged to meet some friends from CT at Robert for an early brunch on the Sunday. I had been to Robert previously when visiting New York in Feb 2013. The service from the moment we stepped off the elevator was excellent. Just the right balance between attentiveness and knowing when to come by the table. Food was very good, and priced reasonably given the location and view. We really liked the fact that they didn't rush us out the door the moment the food was finished.Special Features:
- XbratDined on 10/11/2014What an enjoyable afternoon! Lunch at the Robert and a visit to MadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobNYCManhattaniteDined on 10/9/2014Our waiter and Maitre d' were warm and friendly. The view is great and the tables nicely spaced apart. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014I went with a few friends to celebrate our recent work promotions. We had a nice table, service was prompt and courteous, and the food was great. Cocktails were also very good. I had let them know we were celebrating when they called to confirm my reservation, and the kitchen provided a lovely surprise of brownies for dessert with Congratulations written on the plate. Very nice touch! My friends had not been there and all said they would like to come back. Thanks Robert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New York gemHighDesignsDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful space encapsulating the aesthetic from the design museum, this gem overlooks Columbus Circle and has magnificent views over Central Park. The food didn't disappoint and the salmon and tuna were delicious. It seems to attract tourist groups more business people.Special Features:
- Robert atop the MADGolem212VIPDined on 10/9/2014The food was good. The view is spectacular, looking North to Central Park. The room itself is beautiful. Unfortunately, the service could be better. if you are visiting the Museum of Art and Design, it's the natural place to eat lunch.Special Features:
- THE restaurant !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014As a traveller in NewYork, it was great to enjoy dining in an unforgettable place with a super scenic view!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A room with a viewNonameVIPDined on 10/7/2014A great place to take out-of-towners. Be sure t try to reserve. Window table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrampedSophieDined on 10/5/2014If you don't have a window table, don't even bother going there, very narrow, posh-diner style restaurant. Will never go back. Food is OK, not too bad.
- HartogDined on 10/5/2014"Robert" was recomended by friends from Holland . We, ourselves are tourists, Danish/Dutch visiting New York. We enyoued our Lunch and will recommend it to our friends and a few enemies!!!!!Special Features:
- View: one of its many plusesnotez2impressDined on 10/5/2014Customer By Email (Annette Cunningham)10/07/2014 06:42 AM Robert was, as it always is an elegant blend of imaginative, delectable food, creative desserts worth indulging in, gracious, personalized service delightfully sophisticated music at Brunch and an ambience that makes the dazzling view of Central Park "just one among many" of it pluses. Annette Sara CunninghamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with old friends3gracesDined on 10/3/2014Good food, excellent service. Recommended as a treat for out-of-towners, or for a romantic dinner. The waitstaff were pleasant, unobtrusive and did not rush us although we had a leisurely dinner of over 3.5 hours, with wine, appetizers, main course and dessert. There is plenty of space between tables and it's possible to have a normal conversation without shouting over the usual din found in popular eating spots. Also a thoughtful touch was the waiter brought us a plate with 3 petit-four size cakes (one for each) and congratulations written on it because he saw that we were exchanging small gifts and assumed it was a special occasion. It's not cheap but worth it if you want to talk and enjoy a relaxing meal with a nice view of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Overall the food was good nothing outstanding but decent, the views from central park and columbus circle are what you are paying for and in fact they are amazing, also great decoration and ambiance and the waiter was nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Duck!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014I had the celery soup and duck dinner. Highly recommend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!4girlfriendsDined on 10/2/2014Fabulous, imaginative, exquisitely prepared food, lovely decor and ambiance, warm and personable service, absolutely incredible viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinneradynutza1976Dined on 9/30/2014My husband birthday dinner was amazing. We request window table and it was perfect. The food amazing and the service outstanding. The server was really great (tall bald guy) sorry i don't recall his name but ge was friendly and professional. We will be back 100%Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning view of Columbus CircleFoodTravellerDined on 9/30/2014I was so grateful that Robert were able to seat us by the window - I had a guest from overseas who was impressed by the view of Columbus Circle and beyond. The wine selection was good, I enjoyed the scallops as my appetizer, but was disappointed by the lamb (the quality wasn't on par with what I'm used to, coming from Australia).Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerDinnerDined on 9/28/2014Food was great but the service is not so much. Server forgot to put in the order for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewAlexDined on 9/28/2014Speciallt for table bext to the window. Enviroment very modern, clean. Good food but few options for vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A brilliant all rounderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Robert. The food and service were great but the view over central park was outstanding. We were getting married the following day and they bought us a complimentary lighted candle with a couple of wonderful chocolates - a really lovely touch. We would definitely come again and would recommend highly to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/28/2014I can't believe I didn't try brunch here until last Sunday. The fact that it's part of a museum is really cool and the scene is just so unique. Not to mention the view of Central Park and Columbus Circle. I loved the live jazz there too - they were so great. Just an overall great brunch place. I would suggest smaller groups (2-4) so that you can get seated by the window.Special Features:
- Excellent food and a wonderful viewLucioMartinsDined on 9/27/2014Very well located with excellent menu and a stunning viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is my favorite restaurant to bring out-of -town guests. They all fall in love with it. The view is spectacular, the ambiance of the room memorable, the food delicious, and the staff warm and welcoming. We are so fortunate to have a restaurant like that in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Whole PackageTravelJunkieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Robert has it all, good food, attractive decor, cordial and attentive service and killer views of Columbus Circle and the West Side, and Central Park all the way to the North and East Sides. We're MAD members and have lunch here whenever we catch an exhibition and we have always been highly satisfied. There's a nice selection of soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, appetizers and main courses so something for everyone. Wine and beverage selection is good. MAD is an excellent museum (and don't pass up their fabulous gift shop) though Robert would be worth trying even if you don't visit the museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and table behind a pillarGalimericaDined on 9/25/2014We were so apart from the front special view, behind a pillar and looking to an awful apts building... It's noisy and not good ilumination... But the food It's amazing... I will go again not for dinner but for lunch and only in case they assure me a front view tableSpecial Features: