2 Columbus Circle, 9th Floor
Museum of Arts and Design
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.robertnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122997730x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch (Weekends Only): 11:00 - 3:00 Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Small Plates, Drinks and Desserts: 3:00 - 5:30; Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5:30pm - 12:00am; Sun-Mon: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Tue: 5:30 - 11:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Appetizers, Drinks and Desserts: 3:00 - 5:30
Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5:30pm - 12:00am;
Sun, Mon: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Luisa Fernandes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Every Night of the Week!
Jazz Trio Sunday brunch 12:30 - 2:30pm
- Special Events: Celebrate your wedding or special event at Robert as you overlook Columbus Circle, Central Park and Broadway through our floor-to-ceiling windows. Dine on classic, modern American fare. Create the experience of a lifetime with our event planners and culinary team. At Robert, our focus is on surpassing your expectations. Leave every detail and element to our knowledgeable staff.
- Cross Street: 8th Avenue & Broadway
- Public Transit: A,B, C, D & 1 trains to Columbus Circle, N, R, Q & W trains to 57th St and 7th Avenue, and F train to 57th St and 6th Avenue. M5, M7, M10, M20, M30 and M104 buses to Columbus Circle at 59th St or 57th St and 8th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: World Parking Garage - 1 Central Park West (60th St), ICON Columbus Circle Parking - 330 W58th St (between 8th and 9th), Central Parking at the Time Warner Center, 345 W58th St (between 8th and 9th), and Champion Parking, 225 W58th St (between 7th and Broadway)
A word from Robert
Robert is a modern American restaurant housed within the Museum of Arts and Design with an amazing view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Enjoy dinner and a bottle of fine wine from our collection in our beautifully designed dining room. Have a seat in our lounge next to our baby grand piano and sip one of our cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Robert reviews from OpenTable diners
519 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (450)special occasion (285)romantic (235)fit for foodies (175)great for lunch (174)great for brunch (161)neighborhood gem (110)hot spot (76)good for groups (74)notable wine list (55)late-night find (43)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Amazing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Our window table afforded a wonderful view over Central Park and Columbus Circle. The ambience is good for cocktails and dinner. The wait staff were helpful. Mussels must be eaten the day that they are harvested, and we were not sure that this was the case for our mussel starter, which was routine but otherwise acceptable. My duck breast on parsnip mash was cooked to perfection. Pork medallions were tasty, but served on soggy potatoes, detracting from the overall dish. We had about an hour wait for the entree, which was too long. Kitchen seemed overwhelmed, as other diners had the same problem. The wine, a 2011 merlot from Washington, was young but complemented the dishes. Almond cake dessert was v good. Good expressos to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ViewClassicVIPDined on 9/15/2014The view is fantastic, but the food is really good too and the service is quite solid. I have never been disappointed by this restaurant.Special Features:
- Cool spot for beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Beautiful view of Columbus Circle, Central Park etc. Cool vibe inside with classy piano jazz and jazzy decor. Great food and cocktails. Exceptional service, and they really made our first anniversary special.Special Features:
- Ambiance is great! Views are too!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great place, reasonably priced food. There was a man playing the piano which was awesome. Make sure to ask for a window seat, the view of central park/Columbus circle is absolutely amazing. Overall, I recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the viewWillajaneVIPDined on 9/14/2014Better choices for food in the area Crowded- sterile space View only from select tables Otherwise you look at buildings and diners Food average Good band though!!!Special Features:
- Good but ..EmmaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Good restaurant, food was good too but they messed up my order and service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great extra touch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I called ahead of time to reserve a window seat. I mentioned that we would be at the restaurant celebrating my husbands birthday. After our meal a complimentary bite size dessert was brought out with the words happy birthday written on the plate! It was a great special touch and helped make the day even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceKstylezDined on 9/13/2014I was referred by a friend to eat here and I'm so glad I did. Everything was absolutely amazing form the view (I had a beautiful window seat) to the food to the service and overall experience. Just keep in mind if you do want a table by the window which I highly recommend you have to call and reserve it as I did about a week before actually going because everyone and I mean everyone that dines there want a seat by the window to see that gorgeous view. As I arrieved for my reservation the hostess told me people that walked in to eat there were eying my table lol so I'm glad I called to reserve that seat. Amazing place and I will most DEFINITELY be dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WANT A WINDOW SEATenjoygoodfoodVIPDined on 9/13/2014You only want to go here if you're visiting New York or have folks in town who have never seen NY. You have to request a window seat 3-4 weeks in advance. If you don't have a window view sort of defeats the purpose of dining here. Anyhow, The food is Good , Average nothing amazing. Our waitress Rosie on the hand was Outstanding. Great Personality and made dining here interesting and fun. The ambiance is nice and you're not on top of one another which is also nice. The had a guy playing piano and a woman singing which was a nice touch. No Bar in the restaurant. They serve alcohol but no where to sit for after dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Great service, good food and a terrific view over Central Park. Also, a very nice jazz piano vibe on Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive Views In & OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Went for our anniversary and brought the kids (11 n 12). They don't have a kids menu or crayons but if your kids appreciate a cool atmosphere and good food they'll be fine. They have a few pasta items that should have broad appeal with most kids. Everyone loved their food. Although one of my braised lamb cuts was overdone the other was delicious. For me though the prices are high and portions are small so every bite should be perfect. For my plate it wasn't so 4 stars instead of 5. That said we still had a great time and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SugarboyDined on 9/12/2014As, before, lunch was excellent and delightful (uncrushed) dining experience and , Oh, the spectacular views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite venue for guestsevrgreen1VIPDined on 9/12/2014Fab service and ambiance Special birthday surprise for our guest on the house. Lovely wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MustUrbanappleDined on 9/11/2014Love Robert. My favorite place for delicious food , excellent service and best view!! A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Great service Great viewMrpmoreiraDined on 9/10/2014Friendly waiters, awesome food, beautiful view and great food! Can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutly FABJoddilly1Dined on 9/10/2014From beginning to the end A fantastic experience in fine diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary surpriseDLaneDined on 9/8/2014Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, the food was fantastic, the little touches added by the staff made our anniversary dinner special. And, we had a fun chat (at the end of dinner) with the two tables next to us. The view was wonderful, too. We would highly recommend the restaurant. The Bacalao dish was fabulous, as was the spring citrus salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodspotDined on 9/7/2014We thought the food was excellent and also priced reasonably for such an excellent restaurant. Sam HaffeySpecial Features:
- BEST lunch in townCatLondonDined on 9/7/2014What a great place to meet for Sunday lunch! Food is inventive and delicious and ambiance is fabulous. The staff could not have been nicer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating above the ParkNYCGEMDined on 9/6/2014The Robert is an incredible experience. Its one of those NYC gems that makes you drink in the city while having dinner. You can't beat the food and the view is just fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, BUtFoodhunterVIPDined on 9/6/2014It is a nice place and the food is food too. But service should try to be kinder. When I arrived I asked for a table that was visibly empty, but the host could not give me a similar option nor demonstrate any interest to address my request. I had visitors in the city and just said good things about the place and was really fustrated.Special Features:
- blondemamaVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was my second visit to Robert. We were a group of seven and most of us ordered brunch. We were all satisfied with our choices and we especially liked that we were able to sit at a round table where we could easily see one another and converse. This group had some out of towners; so we especially appreciated that. Maybe next time, I will try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newyorker10021VIPDined on 9/5/2014When you make your reservation, request a table at the window. Gorgeous view! Even if you don't get lucky, the room is so bright and cheerful,you will feel good that you are there. Salads are predictably good, so are the pasta dishes. I love the grilled cheese and tomato soup combo. Menu is a a carte and prix fixe . Although it is a haven for tourists and museum goers, some of us local, just go to meet a friend for lunch,; checking out current exhibits is optional.Special Features:
- A Great FindKCnNYDined on 9/3/2014Fabulous view over Columbus Circle to Central Park, good food with reasonable portions. Menu could provide more variety but what they offer is very good. Good service. Make sure to ask for a table by a window. Piano and singer provide a wonderful atmosphere. I've lived in NY for 40 years and only 10 blocks away and discovering Roberts was a wonderful surprise. Recommend for locals and visitors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Space and Great FoodDaveVIPDined on 9/2/2014I had a business dinner there and the food was outstanding. Client really liked the decor and energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for an occasionVincentDined on 8/31/2014Great view on Broadway and Central park. Good food with a huge wine list. Service very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night FindWowwhataviewVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were wandering NYC after some tennis at the Open looking for something open late. Booked an 11:30 reservation via open table. We were seated by the window with the most fantastic view up Broadway overlooking Columbus circle. Bronzino and Black Sea Bass were fantastic. Byron took great care to make sure we has everything we wanted. Reservations for the window are hard to get so go late and see if you get lucky like we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter make the moodGGalvan17Dined on 8/30/2014I went to Robert for my friends birthday. My waiters name was Byron... He made the evning everthing a customer could ask for. Ask for him whem you reserve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewHunnynutDined on 8/30/2014This is my favorite romantic and special place. Been here twice for my birthday. The service is wonderful. Have great menu selection from drinks to the dessert. I highly recommend placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SplendidOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014I've dined at this restaurant several times and always had a terrific experience. The food is great. The view is smashing. The service is warm and attentive. The decor is playfully modern and colorful. When I took my nephew here for his birthday, they brought out a special birthday dessert for him without my even asking. Call them and ask for a table next to the window the day before your reservation - no guarantees but they'll do their best. At brunch, I especially recommend the ricotta pancakes. On your way out be sure to stop at the very cool gift shop on the ground floor. You can do some excellent Christmas or holiday shopping there.Special Features:
- jedgarnycDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated my niece's 18th birthday at brunch. The staff was amazing. Friendly and helpful when they learned she was gluten intolerant. And they served a special dessert for her with Happy 18th Birthday written in chocolate. Very special. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Convenient to the park with beautiful views but the food was just average, tiny portions, and very pricey.Special Features:
- Great service; food disappointsDeanoVIPDined on 8/29/2014The staff are extremely welcoming, attentive, and professional. The space is ciche with great views and is in a nice area. But the food was lackluster, especially for the price. My fiancé and I shared 2 apps: the watermelon/feta salad, and the buratta. Both were decent, but it's hard to mess up such stalwarts. Our entrees were the Scottish salmon and the duck. Both had decent flavors, but we're not executed to perfection and lacked texture (the salmon was quite mushy when all components were combined and the duck was very chewy). I've come to expect $200 dinners in manhattan (when including a bottle of wine and tip), but I expect a certain level of quality for those kinds of prices. Robert was good, but ultimately did not live up.Special Features:
- Not a $$ restaurant.DeipnosophistVIPDined on 8/29/2014Be warned: this is not a $$ ($30 per person) restaurant. OpenTable has it badly mislabeled. Recent dinner for two with their cheapest bottle of wine was over $200. Entrees alone are in the mid-thirties. This is an expensive joint. However, the food is great and the service is terrific. Only three stars because it's not a good value for the money.
- FabulousBrianVIPDined on 8/28/2014This place is just fabulous. The view is amazing. The food is even more awesome. I had the duck breast and MY GAWD it was juicy and all sort of delicious. My friend had the braised lamb and that was great too. We shared the pork belly with melon which was just fab. Too bad we didn't get to have the seat by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot!marketingexecDined on 8/27/2014I love going to Robert because the view is spectacular and food is great. They have a fantastic pre fixe. The pasts and sauces are always cooked to perfection and delicious. The area is a little tight and getting a window seat hard. Prices are reasonable too.Special Features:
- NYC Gem!NayaDined on 8/26/2014My fiance and I visited NY from CA and had high expectations for some good eateries and great views. We went to Robert for a date night and ended up picking off of each others plates because everything was so delicious! The prices are fair and I can't put the view into words -beautiful Central Park and Columbus Circle right outside. Overall, it was such a wonderful experience. I HIGHLY recommend it!Special Features:
- CasperVIPDined on 8/26/2014Second time here, but not my last. It is perfect in almost every way.Special Features:
- New York MagicPatsFanNYCVIPDined on 8/22/2014The most unfortunate thing about Robert is that others are beginning to hear about it, and the precious window seats are getting harder to book. Robert is magically situated over Columbus Circle, with sweeping views of upper Broadway and Central Park. The setting alone makes it worth going to. However, if you want great service and a wonderful menu, you can find that here as well. There is no restaurant in New York that seems more appropriate for any special occasion. (Just don't tell anyone else.)Special Features:
- nice restaurantEly5Dined on 8/22/2014Nice place!! good environment with amazing live-music!!! However, disappointed because we asked for a window-seat table for two to enjoy the view. Even though those tables were available, the staff did not give it to us...by telling us we would have needed a month of reservation in advance. my girlfriend asked for a refill of bread could not get it because was gone for the day (it was only 8 PM).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.