2 Columbus Circle, 9th Floor
Museum of Arts and Design
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.robertnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122997730x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch (Weekends Only): 11:00 - 3:00 Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Small Plates, Drinks and Desserts: 3:00 - 5:30; Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5:30pm - 12:00am; Sun-Mon: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Tue: 5:30 - 11:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Appetizers, Drinks and Desserts: 3:00 - 5:30
Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5:30pm - 12:00am;
Sun, Mon: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Luisa Fernandes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Every Night of the Week!
Jazz Trio Sunday brunch 12:30 - 2:30pm
- Special Events: Celebrate your wedding or special event at Robert as you overlook Columbus Circle, Central Park and Broadway through our floor-to-ceiling windows. Dine on classic, modern American fare. Create the experience of a lifetime with our event planners and culinary team. At Robert, our focus is on surpassing your expectations. Leave every detail and element to our knowledgeable staff.
- Cross Street: 8th Avenue & Broadway
- Public Transit: A,B, C, D & 1 trains to Columbus Circle, N, R, Q & W trains to 57th St and 7th Avenue, and F train to 57th St and 6th Avenue. M5, M7, M10, M20, M30 and M104 buses to Columbus Circle at 59th St or 57th St and 8th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: World Parking Garage - 1 Central Park West (60th St), ICON Columbus Circle Parking - 330 W58th St (between 8th and 9th), Central Parking at the Time Warner Center, 345 W58th St (between 8th and 9th), and Champion Parking, 225 W58th St (between 7th and Broadway)
A word from Robert
Robert is a modern American restaurant housed within the Museum of Arts and Design with an amazing view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Enjoy dinner and a bottle of fine wine from our collection in our beautifully designed dining room. Have a seat in our lounge next to our baby grand piano and sip one of our cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Robert reviews from OpenTable diners
522 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (451)special occasion (292)romantic (236)great for lunch (179)fit for foodies (171)great for brunch (166)neighborhood gem (105)good for groups (68)hot spot (64)notable wine list (54)late-night find (44)kid-friendly (19)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Late Night FindOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014We were wandering NYC after some tennis at the Open looking for something open late. Booked an 11:30 reservation via open table. We were seated by the window with the most fantastic view up Broadway overlooking Columbus circle. Bronzino and Black Sea Bass were fantastic. Byron took great care to make sure we has everything we wanted. Reservations for the window are hard to get so go late and see if you get lucky like we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter make the moodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I went to Robert for my friends birthday. My waiters name was Byron... He made the evning everthing a customer could ask for. Ask for him whem you reserve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewHunnynutDined on 8/30/2014This is my favorite romantic and special place. Been here twice for my birthday. The service is wonderful. Have great menu selection from drinks to the dessert. I highly recommend placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated my niece's 18th birthday at brunch. The staff was amazing. Friendly and helpful when they learned she was gluten intolerant. And they served a special dessert for her with Happy 18th Birthday written in chocolate. Very special. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Convenient to the park with beautiful views but the food was just average, tiny portions, and very pricey.Special Features:
- Great service; food disappointsDeanoVIPDined on 8/29/2014The staff are extremely welcoming, attentive, and professional. The space is ciche with great views and is in a nice area. But the food was lackluster, especially for the price. My fiancé and I shared 2 apps: the watermelon/feta salad, and the buratta. Both were decent, but it's hard to mess up such stalwarts. Our entrees were the Scottish salmon and the duck. Both had decent flavors, but we're not executed to perfection and lacked texture (the salmon was quite mushy when all components were combined and the duck was very chewy). I've come to expect $200 dinners in manhattan (when including a bottle of wine and tip), but I expect a certain level of quality for those kinds of prices. Robert was good, but ultimately did not live up.Special Features:
- Not a $$ restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/29/2014Be warned: this is not a $$ ($30 per person) restaurant. OpenTable has it badly mislabeled. Recent dinner for two with their cheapest bottle of wine was over $200. Entrees alone are in the mid-thirties. This is an expensive joint. However, the food is great and the service is terrific. Only three stars because it's not a good value for the money.
- FabulousBrianVIPDined on 8/28/2014This place is just fabulous. The view is amazing. The food is even more awesome. I had the duck breast and MY GAWD it was juicy and all sort of delicious. My friend had the braised lamb and that was great too. We shared the pork belly with melon which was just fab. Too bad we didn't get to have the seat by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot!marketingexecDined on 8/27/2014I love going to Robert because the view is spectacular and food is great. They have a fantastic pre fixe. The pasts and sauces are always cooked to perfection and delicious. The area is a little tight and getting a window seat hard. Prices are reasonable too.Special Features:
- CasperVIPDined on 8/26/2014Second time here, but not my last. It is perfect in almost every way.Special Features:
- New York MagicPatsFanNYCVIPDined on 8/22/2014The most unfortunate thing about Robert is that others are beginning to hear about it, and the precious window seats are getting harder to book. Robert is magically situated over Columbus Circle, with sweeping views of upper Broadway and Central Park. The setting alone makes it worth going to. However, if you want great service and a wonderful menu, you can find that here as well. There is no restaurant in New York that seems more appropriate for any special occasion. (Just don't tell anyone else.)Special Features:
- nice restaurantEly5Dined on 8/22/2014Nice place!! good environment with amazing live-music!!! However, disappointed because we asked for a window-seat table for two to enjoy the view. Even though those tables were available, the staff did not give it to us...by telling us we would have needed a month of reservation in advance. my girlfriend asked for a refill of bread could not get it because was gone for the day (it was only 8 PM).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner before a showJuniorM1ntDined on 8/22/2014We reserved a table for 2 and called to request a window table. They said there were no window tables available but noted that it was a special birthday dinner. Luckily a window table became available and they offered it to us since we had to leave for a show anyway. The view was spectacular. We got cocktails and the grilled calamari - light and delicious. I got the filet minion with a glass of Melbec, also delicious. My husband got the branzini. It was OK, but didn't fill him up. He was still hungry when we left. As a birthday treat they brought out 2 tiny bite-size chocolate cookies with tiny glasses of sparkling wine, nice but skimpy. Overall, the prices are too high to leave hungry! If we go back we will be sure to eat first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Unfortunately, the restaurant has become one of those that don't think need to have good food because of their nice view. Everything we ate was sub-par. I was there in April with a friend and the food was better then. Will never go back there again.
- Awesome placesalonso2Dined on 8/21/2014Great view, great food, good price. We got a table by the window as requested. We had a salmon burguer and a portobello sandwich. Both were really good. The wines were good as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014The staff, the food, the view, the drinks, everything was top AMAZING! Loved everything thing about this gem with views of the park and Columbus Circle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatvittDined on 8/19/2014Excellent food and the chef, Luisa Fernandes, is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmacVIPDined on 8/17/2014A beautiful room with great views, even if not at a coveted window table overlooking Central Park. Piano music in the background was a lovely touch. My dinner choice, Branzino, was excellent. However, my dining companion chose the Hudson Valley duck and found it to be inedible, so chewy she literally couldn't get it down. The restaurant was very gracious in accepting her judgment and offering her a substitution. She chose the salmon and found that to be very much to her liking. I would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CastiDined on 8/17/2014Make sure you do the reservation in advanced (3weeks) to get a nice view otherwise you are going to end up looking a wall. The coctails are not good. This was my first and last time in this restaurant
- always goodkarimDined on 8/17/2014I have been here about 10 times and must say the food is always consistent. The Bacalao is an amazing dish thx to the greta chef Luisa Fernadez. My only complaint is the prices are on the high side = the line list is very limited and very expensive.Special Features:
- WOW !luv2eatDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to New York and our special treat for our last night. Robert totally lived up to our expectations. We had a window table and the view was spectacular - sunset over Central Park. The food was scrumptious and our waiter was wonderful, very efficient and full of fun. The pre-meal cocktails were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissapointedRiosVIPDined on 8/15/2014I am a concierge/customer that loved sending people as well as treat myself to a nice meal and service. I was very disappointed this last Friday when I went on a date. Although waiter, staff and Manager made a great effort to make sure i was taking care off during my time there, everything went out of the window by the end of my meal. After paying the check, I went to the restroom. On my return, I found out my friend was asked by the hosted to leave the table and move to a different area. He was in shock but was picking his stuff to move as he was asked. I told him not to worry and that we will leave the table shortly. Host came a second time and ask me to leave as well. At that time, I just simply told her to please wait a moment.
- FoodieDined on 8/15/2014Had a wonderful experience at Robert. It was a special occasion and assured by coming early we would be able to get a window table which we did. The view was spectacular, the food excellent and service as well. Knowing it was a special event, the restaurant went out of their way to make the night special. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Great View Great ServiceAboveparVIPDined on 8/14/2014This dishes are as beautiful as the view of Central Park and Columbus Circle. The piano and guitar music was a pleasant addition. Prices are very good for a top New York restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is my favorite restaurant. I love introducing my friends and family to this very special restaurant. The food is delicious, the ambiance elegant and modern, the view spectacular, and the staff warm and friendly, professional and welcoming. I return over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasedSJTSDined on 8/13/2014I've always been for lunch and brunch and the service has always been very good, the food is above average, and of course the view is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed not to get a park viewSarahDined on 8/13/2014I have been here several times and always enjoyed the food, ambience and service. This time I took two friends who had never been before, but was unable to impress them with the view which I understand must be booked a month in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Site!fluteangelDined on 8/12/2014My friend and I went here on our recent visit to NYC on the recommendation of a local. We were not disappointed! The view was phenomenal and only got better as the sun went down. There was live music (pianist and upright bass) and the food was WONDERFUL! Our server was very attentive and full of suggestions as was the host. I got two birthday desserts (thankfully no singing) and overall it was just a marvelous experience. HIGHLY recommend going here.Special Features:
- Great view Columbus Circ Central Pktekteech7Dined on 8/10/2014Delicious food, outstanding service and jazz pianist to set the mood as you take in the views of Central Park West.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014A beautiful space with stunning views, top flight service and food that appeals. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best View!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Had brunch and the best table near the window so it was if we were sitting in the air over Columbus Circle. Wonderful views!Special Features:
- Great brunchNYCexpatDined on 8/10/2014Overall was a really positive experience. The view even not close to the windows was great and the staff did a great job. The food was spot on and the drinks were well done. The Jazz band was a nice touch and the location was spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itJessDined on 8/9/2014I loved everything about this place. Food was amazing not to mention the view. definitely recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerBrigDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely a must!! The service was great the suggestion for the wine right on. Most of all the view spectacular. Without hesitation we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014we had omelettes, fritattas, and ricotta pancakes. All very delicious, plentiful, but not overfilling. Coffee was readily available. Service pleasant and attentive. Wonderful decor and rhe view was spectacular. Recommend reserving a table if you want to sit bynthe window. A definite revisit is in order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewAnaMDined on 8/6/2014Nice view to Central Park, great food, great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert excellent diningJamesDined on 8/5/2014With a fantastic view of Columbus Circle, Central Park West, and the SW corner of Central Park, Robert offers excellent food and service with an ever-changing Manhattan scene.Special Features:
- Great Food & ViewsGregKDined on 8/5/2014I dined at Robert for the first time this week. What a pleasant surprise. The food presentation and taste was amazing. The views of Columbus Circle and Central Park were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highliy recommandedMarieMitchDined on 8/4/2014The food was delicious, the waiter was really nice and thoughtful, we never missed anything. The manager came by our table to see if everything was okay for us. They brought us littles tapas we didn't ordered just for tasting it. If you have a chance to eat by the window, the view is gorgeous.Special Features:
- Great service and amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Food was amazing, service was great, had a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.