2 Columbus Circle, 9th Floor
Museum of Arts and Design
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.robertnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122997730x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch (Weekends Only): 11:00 - 3:00 Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Small Plates, Drinks and Desserts: 3:00 - 5:30; Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5:30pm - 12:00am; Sun-Mon: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Tue: 5:30 - 11:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Appetizers, Drinks and Desserts: 3:00 - 5:30
Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5:30pm - 12:00am;
Sun, Mon: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Luisa Fernandes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Every Night of the Week!
Jazz Trio Sunday brunch 12:30 - 2:30pm
- Special Events: Celebrate your wedding or special event at Robert as you overlook Columbus Circle, Central Park and Broadway through our floor-to-ceiling windows. Dine on classic, modern American fare. Create the experience of a lifetime with our event planners and culinary team. At Robert, our focus is on surpassing your expectations. Leave every detail and element to our knowledgeable staff.
- Cross Street: 8th Avenue & Broadway
- Public Transit: A,B, C, D & 1 trains to Columbus Circle, N, R, Q & W trains to 57th St and 7th Avenue, and F train to 57th St and 6th Avenue. M5, M7, M10, M20, M30 and M104 buses to Columbus Circle at 59th St or 57th St and 8th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: World Parking Garage - 1 Central Park West (60th St), ICON Columbus Circle Parking - 330 W58th St (between 8th and 9th), Central Parking at the Time Warner Center, 345 W58th St (between 8th and 9th), and Champion Parking, 225 W58th St (between 7th and Broadway)
A word from Robert
Robert is a modern American restaurant housed within the Museum of Arts and Design with an amazing view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Enjoy dinner and a bottle of fine wine from our collection in our beautifully designed dining room. Have a seat in our lounge next to our baby grand piano and sip one of our cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Robert reviews from OpenTable diners
539 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (464)special occasion (309)romantic (247)great for lunch (184)great for brunch (174)fit for foodies (172)neighborhood gem (113)good for groups (72)hot spot (69)notable wine list (56)late-night find (45)kid-friendly (21)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- New York MagicPatsFanNYCVIPDined on 8/22/2014The most unfortunate thing about Robert is that others are beginning to hear about it, and the precious window seats are getting harder to book. Robert is magically situated over Columbus Circle, with sweeping views of upper Broadway and Central Park. The setting alone makes it worth going to. However, if you want great service and a wonderful menu, you can find that here as well. There is no restaurant in New York that seems more appropriate for any special occasion. (Just don't tell anyone else.)Special Features:
- nice restaurantEly5Dined on 8/22/2014Nice place!! good environment with amazing live-music!!! However, disappointed because we asked for a window-seat table for two to enjoy the view. Even though those tables were available, the staff did not give it to us...by telling us we would have needed a month of reservation in advance. my girlfriend asked for a refill of bread could not get it because was gone for the day (it was only 8 PM).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner before a showJuniorM1ntDined on 8/22/2014We reserved a table for 2 and called to request a window table. They said there were no window tables available but noted that it was a special birthday dinner. Luckily a window table became available and they offered it to us since we had to leave for a show anyway. The view was spectacular. We got cocktails and the grilled calamari - light and delicious. I got the filet minion with a glass of Melbec, also delicious. My husband got the branzini. It was OK, but didn't fill him up. He was still hungry when we left. As a birthday treat they brought out 2 tiny bite-size chocolate cookies with tiny glasses of sparkling wine, nice but skimpy. Overall, the prices are too high to leave hungry! If we go back we will be sure to eat first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Unfortunately, the restaurant has become one of those that don't think need to have good food because of their nice view. Everything we ate was sub-par. I was there in April with a friend and the food was better then. Will never go back there again.
- Awesome placesalonso2Dined on 8/21/2014Great view, great food, good price. We got a table by the window as requested. We had a salmon burguer and a portobello sandwich. Both were really good. The wines were good as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014The staff, the food, the view, the drinks, everything was top AMAZING! Loved everything thing about this gem with views of the park and Columbus Circle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatvittDined on 8/19/2014Excellent food and the chef, Luisa Fernandes, is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmacVIPDined on 8/17/2014A beautiful room with great views, even if not at a coveted window table overlooking Central Park. Piano music in the background was a lovely touch. My dinner choice, Branzino, was excellent. However, my dining companion chose the Hudson Valley duck and found it to be inedible, so chewy she literally couldn't get it down. The restaurant was very gracious in accepting her judgment and offering her a substitution. She chose the salmon and found that to be very much to her liking. I would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CastiDined on 8/17/2014Make sure you do the reservation in advanced (3weeks) to get a nice view otherwise you are going to end up looking a wall. The coctails are not good. This was my first and last time in this restaurant
- always goodkarimDined on 8/17/2014I have been here about 10 times and must say the food is always consistent. The Bacalao is an amazing dish thx to the greta chef Luisa Fernadez. My only complaint is the prices are on the high side = the line list is very limited and very expensive.Special Features:
- WOW !luv2eatDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to New York and our special treat for our last night. Robert totally lived up to our expectations. We had a window table and the view was spectacular - sunset over Central Park. The food was scrumptious and our waiter was wonderful, very efficient and full of fun. The pre-meal cocktails were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissapointedRiosVIPDined on 8/15/2014I am a concierge/customer that loved sending people as well as treat myself to a nice meal and service. I was very disappointed this last Friday when I went on a date. Although waiter, staff and Manager made a great effort to make sure i was taking care off during my time there, everything went out of the window by the end of my meal. After paying the check, I went to the restroom. On my return, I found out my friend was asked by the hosted to leave the table and move to a different area. He was in shock but was picking his stuff to move as he was asked. I told him not to worry and that we will leave the table shortly. Host came a second time and ask me to leave as well. At that time, I just simply told her to please wait a moment.
- FoodieDined on 8/15/2014Had a wonderful experience at Robert. It was a special occasion and assured by coming early we would be able to get a window table which we did. The view was spectacular, the food excellent and service as well. Knowing it was a special event, the restaurant went out of their way to make the night special. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Great View Great ServiceAboveparVIPDined on 8/14/2014This dishes are as beautiful as the view of Central Park and Columbus Circle. The piano and guitar music was a pleasant addition. Prices are very good for a top New York restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is my favorite restaurant. I love introducing my friends and family to this very special restaurant. The food is delicious, the ambiance elegant and modern, the view spectacular, and the staff warm and friendly, professional and welcoming. I return over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasedSJTSDined on 8/13/2014I've always been for lunch and brunch and the service has always been very good, the food is above average, and of course the view is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed not to get a park viewSarahDined on 8/13/2014I have been here several times and always enjoyed the food, ambience and service. This time I took two friends who had never been before, but was unable to impress them with the view which I understand must be booked a month in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Site!fluteangelDined on 8/12/2014My friend and I went here on our recent visit to NYC on the recommendation of a local. We were not disappointed! The view was phenomenal and only got better as the sun went down. There was live music (pianist and upright bass) and the food was WONDERFUL! Our server was very attentive and full of suggestions as was the host. I got two birthday desserts (thankfully no singing) and overall it was just a marvelous experience. HIGHLY recommend going here.Special Features:
- Great view Columbus Circ Central Pktekteech7Dined on 8/10/2014Delicious food, outstanding service and jazz pianist to set the mood as you take in the views of Central Park West.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014A beautiful space with stunning views, top flight service and food that appeals. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best View!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Had brunch and the best table near the window so it was if we were sitting in the air over Columbus Circle. Wonderful views!Special Features:
- Great brunchNYCexpatDined on 8/10/2014Overall was a really positive experience. The view even not close to the windows was great and the staff did a great job. The food was spot on and the drinks were well done. The Jazz band was a nice touch and the location was spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itJessDined on 8/9/2014I loved everything about this place. Food was amazing not to mention the view. definitely recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerBrigDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely a must!! The service was great the suggestion for the wine right on. Most of all the view spectacular. Without hesitation we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014we had omelettes, fritattas, and ricotta pancakes. All very delicious, plentiful, but not overfilling. Coffee was readily available. Service pleasant and attentive. Wonderful decor and rhe view was spectacular. Recommend reserving a table if you want to sit bynthe window. A definite revisit is in order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewAnaMDined on 8/6/2014Nice view to Central Park, great food, great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert excellent diningJamesDined on 8/5/2014With a fantastic view of Columbus Circle, Central Park West, and the SW corner of Central Park, Robert offers excellent food and service with an ever-changing Manhattan scene.Special Features:
- Great Food & ViewsGregKDined on 8/5/2014I dined at Robert for the first time this week. What a pleasant surprise. The food presentation and taste was amazing. The views of Columbus Circle and Central Park were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highliy recommandedMarieMitchDined on 8/4/2014The food was delicious, the waiter was really nice and thoughtful, we never missed anything. The manager came by our table to see if everything was okay for us. They brought us littles tapas we didn't ordered just for tasting it. If you have a chance to eat by the window, the view is gorgeous.Special Features:
- Great service and amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Food was amazing, service was great, had a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewsEAC0902Dined on 8/4/2014Food was mediocre. Our server was lovely but supporting staff was weak -- brought incorrect orders& seemed constantly confused. Only one working toilet for a dining room that seated 100+ diners!Special Features:
- A fab restaurantJoddilly1Dined on 8/4/2014You will taste an unforgettable dining experience in every fashion, dining, service & view A must-goSpecial Features:
- Too noisy for me!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014The best thing about Robert was the view -- our table was at the window overlooking Columbus Circle -- & the food & service were good, but the noise level was DEAFENING. A jazz trio played about 75% of the time & during their sets we couldn't converse. The relatively small L-shaped room had nothing to absorb the sound, so it reverberated endlessly. A duo of piano & bass would have been okay, but the 3rd man, an energetic drummer, made an intrusive attention-getter out of what should have been background music. In addition, there was only one working unisex toilet for the whole crowd -- UGH! If both these things were improved, my rating would go up astronomically, but until then, I wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:
- Very sad day for Robert!ess709Dined on 8/2/2014I have been to Robert over the past few months only to see and taste it's decline each and every time! By far this past experience was the last for me! I have never experienced such poor service in a restaurant especially of this supposed caliber. After paying the bill and being asked how everything was by the manager, I expressed my feelings only to be told that he was sorry and hope our experience next time will be better! If I ran my companies like this restaurant, I wouldn't be employed to run a company as there wouldn't be one to run!! Poor Robert!!Special Features:
- flawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Robert is on the 9th floor of the Museum of Design at Columbus Circle with a view of Central Park and Columbus Circle. I had the seared duck with a parsnip puree that was roasted and then pureed with butter and cream. Roasting added the extra flavor and sweetness. It was marvelous. We also ordered the grilled octopus with chorizo, tuna crudo, clams, funky flavors of ice cream for dessert and a tapioca with cilantro and mint. They served soft, rosemary bread sticks with salt and great cocktails, although no cheese stuffed olives for the martinis. The service and food were perfect. The noise volume of the dining room was very good. We were able to talk quietly without hearing the tables near us. It had a modern and colorful decor. Go.Special Features:
- Best dining experience in nycJoddilly1Dined on 8/2/2014A fabulous restarant in every way for any kind of mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fave special occasion venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Though we tend toward more moderately priced eateries on our visits to NYC several times a year, we've taken to thinking of Robert as our preferred "special" place - for the inventive menu, solicitous and suave service, and of course the view. We also love visiting the Museum of Architecture and Design - very much including its interesting street-level gift shop. For us it's a worthy splurge (though for others the prices probably seem NYC status quo). If you reserve through Open Table, don't fail to call in person, too, and register your hope for a window table with a live person - which is the only way to get one, and well worth the extra bit of effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Book directly with RobertOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Requested a window table when using Opentable to reserve. When we got there, we were told that we needed to confirm the window table via a telephone call which they mentioned is on the restaurant's reservation website. Opentable didn't mention this. It would be better to just book directly with the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food and great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014We were fortunate to have been seated at a window table as requested...there are just a few for two people. The restaurant suits me. I've been many times, and combined with the outstanding museum on the floor below, it's a perfect venue for both a good meal and an exhibit. The food prices are appropriate for the room. The wines are affordable and the by the glass list is extensive. With all the glass, the natural light is something that most restaurants can't offer. As I said the restaurant just suits me fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okLspiegsVIPDined on 8/1/2014The most special part of Robert was the view. The food was fair, not great.Special Features: