4800 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: (480) 947-0795
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday, 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bouwens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roaring Fork
Roaring Fork is an American Western Bistro. What is American Western Cuisine? It is a combination of using foods that are indigenous to the American West, locally grown ingredients, and capturing the 'spirit' of the west. The restaurant offers a comfortable, laid back environment that includes friendly professional service and good food. A great deal of attention is paid to all the ingredients in creating the recipes and always using foods that are found in the American West, including locally grown produce. Western cuisine is not a ceremony; it's a celebration! The robust flavors and the courage to try something different is what we are all about. We would like to invite everyone to experience our 'spirit' while enjoying our food and hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roaring Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (113)special occasion (88)good for groups (74)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (49)vibrant bar scene (47)great for outdoor dining (46)hot spot (42)notable wine list (27)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- MPOWEROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014Recommend the Roaring Fork often to friends and clients, great food, great place, and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnowbirdDined on 11/16/2014It was good but it would have been helpful if the waiter had told us that there was cilantro in the soup. Two of us do not like cilantro at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was as bad as the foodJHA1972VIPDined on 11/16/2014Do not order the caesar salad... It was NOT good. Fish tacos were dry and the tortillas seemed almost raw. Fried chicken was ok but was slathered in gravy and was soggy when we got it. If you order it, get the gravy on the side. The hot little rols at the start were good. Kids loved them.
- We both had the filet and loved it with the MalbecOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014All the food was delicious. The fillet was juicy and hot. The asparagus and corn went with it well. The creme brûlée was one of the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We have been to the Roaring Fork several times and are never dissapointed . The food is excellent and the service superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business DiningdabatlDined on 11/11/2014Our waitress was excellent...each recommendation she made was spot-on. Food was excellent. Great place to impress your clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the crosstown driveJmsqabqDined on 11/9/2014Excellent in every way. Happy Hour deals are excellent, by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and Pork ChopOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our first visit and we will definitely go back My steak had a delicious flavor and my wife was very happy with the double pork chop. Truly enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good, nothing specialjustOKDined on 11/8/2014Food was fine, nothing special. Service was just OK. The waiter seemed annoyed when I asked about the happy hour menu and also when my wife and I split a meal (I'm sure b/c this meant he wouldn't get as big of a tip?). Then they brought the meal out improperly cooked so we had to send it back. I wouldn't rush back.Special Features:
- 4 visits 4 victoriesBowanqiDined on 11/7/2014I've had the pleasure of taking friends and family to the Roaring Fork on 4 occasions and the experience has always been memorable. The staff are excellent and the food has always been exquisite.Special Features:
- Not much roarPD623VIPDined on 11/6/2014There is a limited menu for our taste and very pricy for what you get. Example the spit roasted half chicken is $17 and the chicken is probably a 2 1/2 pound chicken. Not a lot to eat.
- My new favorite restaurantChandlerDinerDined on 11/5/2014Consistent outstanding quality. Service unequaled. Food excellently delicious. Restaurant design allows for intimate conversation and a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedBirthdaygirlDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I ate here on a recommendation of a friend. We were not impressed. Would not eat here again.
- Scottsdale RichScottsdaleRichVIPDined on 10/24/2014Another great evening at Roaring Fork. Had the duck breast that looked as good as it tasted. The service was outstanding and the chocolate chunk gelato was a perfect conclusion.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants! They have great happy hour as well as a wonderful dinner menu. Always have exceptional service and have never been anything but pleased with my experience!! Amazing staff!Special Features:
- Always a TreatRPM1VIPDined on 10/22/2014RF never fails to deliver consistent quality. We enjoy this restaurant whenever we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014For an establishment to project itself as a foodie type of place you would expect a simple ceaser salad to be just that. Not the very poor imitation presented. The manager although listening to our complaint, did not accept the fact that a very plain green salad was not a ceaser salad as ordered, although he did offer to add a couple of anchovies, and once prompted the drinks came free. I'm sure that if I revisited this establishment again, salads would not be on my wish list. Overpriced for an average steak.Special Features:
- A Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We had a very pleasant evening here. Both the food and service were excellent. We were seated immediately upon arrival after having been given a choice of indoor or patio seating. All of us thoroughly enjoyed their meals. As a very nice final touch, the restaurant called the next day to thank us for our patronage and to check to be sure that we were pleased with our dinner. We most certainly were!Special Features:
- DollarsnsenseDollarsnsenseVIPDined on 10/21/2014A pleasing experience! Dined al fresco and the outside was much less noisy than the inside. Both had rainbow trout which covered the plate and was cooked perfectly. Not dry, but tender and moist. Appetizer was the green chili pork, another delicious treat. We split it between us and it was plenty to whet our appetites. Margarita and mijito were only so-so. Best meal we've had in a long time. Birthday surprise was a free dessert!Special Features:
- Fabulous food!rochdebDined on 10/20/2014The menu is very nice. The food was unbelievable!!!Special Features:
- always delicious!MissMuffetDined on 10/19/2014we celebrated my birthday at Roaring Fork again this year. the food and service are always very good. we all enjoyed our meals - the trout, the salmon, and the short ribs. you must save room for the desserts - the ancho chili chocolate torte and the pecan pie were superb.Special Features:
- MeredithDined on 10/18/2014The food was exceptional. The portions of the appetizers and salads are small, but the main entrée portions are very generous. The service was good but slow. For the price, it is definitely a special occasion restaurant. We celebrated a 40th birthday there, and it was very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We have been to Roaring Fork many times, my husband and myself, this time we had our adult daughter with us and she thoroughly enjoyed her dining experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingCharlie1947Dined on 10/17/2014First we were seated at the very back of the restaurant which has no ambiance. We were a party of 4 adults and the table next to us which had 8 people and 3 crying children. There were empty tables in the front which actually is lovely so why we were placed here is beyond me. Food was mediocre. I ordered salmon med-well and it was rare. I found that out when I got to the middle and the waiter was not in range. Picked at it. Came with a green beN salad. Uncooked green beans and that was difficult on its own. Two of us had this and were disappointed. The short ribs were very good. The pork not so good. All in all there are too many good places Togo so we would ot go back .
- Great dining experienceMizzou85Dined on 10/16/2014Great combination of service with wonderful dinner choices prepared exquisitely. Love the decor and would definitely do a repeat visit of my travels bring me back to ScotsdaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justicejVIPDined on 10/13/2014roaring fork never changes it so reliable great place to be solid food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Sat Oct 11, 2014dissapointingDined on 10/11/2014The Halibut and trout were wonderful. Our friend had to send the scallops back, not cooked through. The duck was chewy so that was a disappointment. Initially our server was quite attentive but when it came time for the bill we waited a long time. We have been here before and it was better. It seems the volume of people coming in during the fall is a bit too much for the wait staff right now.Special Features:
- LESLIEDined on 10/10/2014Amazing place. Fantastic creatve food and wonderful decor and atmoshere. We had a great waiter matt who helped make the whole experience special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerEasy2pleaseDined on 10/9/2014Even though the restaurant was not busy, Service was rushed. Waiter kept suggesting that we order more sides and salads. Braised short ribs were tasty, but were barely warm.Special Features:
- Fabulous!ScottsdaleFoodieDined on 10/3/2014After a long day of golf with friends from out of town, we had a wonderful dinner! There was no rush in the service. Our waiter, Steven, was spot on, and the braised beef short ribs were delicious! I would definitely order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okayjesuiaffameDined on 10/3/2014We were underwhelmed with Roaring Fork. We've been there a couple of times. There was nothing "bad" about it, but Scottsdale has so many restaurants that are off the charts good, that we won't really waste our time going to one that is average at best. Chef needs to change it up if he wants to compete.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 10/1/2014For the most part everything was perfect, with signed cards on the table congratulating the anniversary couple and my wife on her birthday. The server was friendly and knowledgable. The food was delicious. The only negative was that the server, when presenting the desert menus, didn't mention that desert was gratis because of our special occassions. We decided not to order desert but when the bill was presented, I asked why the restaurant didn't offer us a complimentary desert. The server, without an apology, said that since she neglected to inform us properly , we should ask for a Birthday desert the next time we dine with you. This is not something we would do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!!desertroseDined on 9/30/2014Don't miss the opportunity to dine at a very special place--great food, great service, special atmosphere! Banana split dessert is awesome:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!TobyVIPDined on 9/28/2014Whether we're in the bar or dining room - food, service, ambiance and friendly environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bounty with distinct flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Despite traveling down Scottsdale Road hundreds of times, I have never noticed the Roaring Fork. Had a friend not told me about the Restaurant Week special and how great it was, I may not have ever discovered the restaurant. I intended to order Southwest food, but the wait staff talked me into a steak. I cook killer steak, so I ordered it with reservations. I ordered charred-rare, otherwise a black and blue. The cow did give his life for me, and I should honor the meat without a double death. The kitchen got it perfect; the meat was also of quality. The first course is worth a mention - a pot of Chili Verde - of which the bounty was enjoyed for lunch the next day. So the place is hidden in an office complex and worth the hunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so Service - OK FoodBosox2004Dined on 9/27/2014Made reservations for party of 6 at 8:30. Figured should be OK with a later time. They tried to sit us at a table for 4 and explained they were a little busy - not really our problem and we had a reservation for 6(?). This did not sit well with some in our party. After finding a table on patio, went through rather average service and equally as average food. The place certainly had a nice vibe and energy but the staff is rather young and lacked experience in how to properly serve at a restaurant that is more on the higher end. Rather disappointing - the the fork was more of a dull roar.Special Features:
- Enjoyed everything about itgobears81Dined on 9/27/2014The fixed menu was $33 and included a huge appetizer, an entree, and a dessert. Delicious food all around. The trout is fantastic!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationNotCookingDined on 9/26/2014Everything we ate was wonderful The trout was outstanding. They gave us an insane birthday celebration dessert! Robert our server was great. Couldn't have asked for moreSpecial Features:
- Great dining with a Southwest flairAZFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014I had the mussels with chorizo appetizer – simply outstanding. No doubt the best I’ve had since moving to the desert. I asked where the mussels were sourced from and was told they came from Prince Edward Island in Nova Scotia. Unfortunately they appear to have been a special, and not a regular item on the menu. My partner ordered the Kettle of Green Chili Pork appetizer, a house specialty that was very good. Entrees were Idaho Trout and Pork Shoulder Carnitas; also both very good. I thought the carnitas was a bit too crusty but the serving was large enough for me to get my fill from the moister inner part. Service was flawless from beginning to end; surroundings are very comfortable. Nice place to eat.Special Features:
- Had a great timeMuxanDined on 9/26/2014Our table was ready when we arrived and we were seated promptly. Waitress introduced herself immediately and provided menus with the admonition to take our time ordering. We ordered from the Restaurant week menu and the food and service was excellent. They did not skimp on the portions and everything was prompt but not rushed. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. We will definitely be back.Special Features: