4800 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 4809470795x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday, 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bouwens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roaring Fork
Roaring Fork is an American Western Bistro. What is American Western Cuisine? It is a combination of using foods that are indigenous to the American West, locally grown ingredients, and capturing the 'spirit' of the west. The restaurant offers a comfortable, laid back environment that includes friendly professional service and good food. A great deal of attention is paid to all the ingredients in creating the recipes and always using foods that are found in the American West, including locally grown produce. Western cuisine is not a ceremony; it's a celebration! The robust flavors and the courage to try something different is what we are all about. We would like to invite everyone to experience our 'spirit' while enjoying our food and hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Roaring Fork - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Roaring Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (76)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (42)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (32)hot spot (26)late-night find (15)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wonderful!FrancieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great food, Great service. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Lost Reservation No ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014They didn't have my reservation, despite my email confirmation. They had no place settings. The lady threw them together at the table, setting the silverware on directly on the table to do so (a no-no). We were not brought menus. Twenty minutes went by and they still had not taken even a drink order (though a busser had brought bed). When my parents arrived they suddenly found my reservation, and so told them I had not arrived yet (which I had). As a result, they had to search all over the restaurant to find us. They finally took our drink order and a bit later actually delivered us menus! The food was adequate and overpriced. Would not go back.
- A fantastic dining experience!!Slcandy2631Dined on 9/12/2014We have gone to Roaring Foark many times and each time is as wonderful as the time before. The food is always cooked perfectly and the service is great! The Dr. Pepper short ribs are to die for and the boneless fried chicken is amazing!! Roaring Foark is definitely an A++++++ in my book!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceKF60thDined on 9/6/2014The Manager and Waitress were excellent. We had to wait well past our reservation time and were well informed. The Manager apologized for our long wait and told us he would send complimentary appetizers to our table as soon as we sat down. We were given ample to serve our table of 8. Our waitress also apologized for the wait when she greeted us. The food was superb as well. My guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They also brought a complimentary desert to celebrate my Daughter's Bachelorette Party. Highly recommend the Roaring Fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Had a friend visiting and brought her here for her birthday. We had a wonderful meal and the service was great! They even went out of their way to acknowledge her birthday with her choice of dessert. We shared some orders and went with the guacamole, mixed greens salad, and bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. It was all prepared perfectly, and tasted delicious. I am curious to get back and try their burger at some point. Great place for a nice evening out!Special Features:
- Better for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I were celebrating an anniversary and the southwest-themed Roaring Forks seems more appropriate for really good casual lunch or steak dinner than an intimate meal on a special occasion. We'll go back, but next time for lunch.Special Features:
- Always satisfiesTal12Dined on 9/1/2014Roaring fork is great like always. The filet is amazing, and the Mac and cheese is the best I've had. Love coming hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKittyVIPDined on 9/1/2014The food is always great! The pork chops are fabulous - as well as the street corn side dish and macaroni and cheese. The scallops are great also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014The food lived up to our expectations. We always get the green pork chili stew which should be the whole meal. We all took home most of our entrees. We had ours last night and they were great warmed up. The tortillas suffered from reheating. Service was friendly. One of our party ordered the spare ribs which were sold out and the hostess came over personally to tell us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange experienceJasmin10VIPDined on 9/1/2014We love the roaring fork. But this time was not a good experience. We were sat outside on the patio with temps over 100. They did not use their misting system. We had about 10 flies bothering us during our entire dinner. Our butter melted all over, no new butter was given even after asking. We just wanted to get out of their. Not a nice dining experience .I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I was VERY disappointed at how small the salad was that I got. The taste was really good. I would have been better off if I had gone to Sweet Tomatoes. At least I would have been full for the $9. I spent on it. I was quite embarrassed as I took my nephew and his girlfriend there. They were looking forward to a good dinner in Az. As they are from NY> BAD
- Solidly good food.ChrisVIPDined on 8/30/2014You can always find something good here, and the fish special is always great quality.Special Features:
- Great in every way.ChandlerDinerDined on 8/30/2014Roaring Fork never disappoints. The food is delicious and the service is good. It is a perfect date place or fun with a group. We enjoyed the Browned Butter Trout, but the rolls and salads are delicious as well. The green chili mac and cheese and green chili appetizer are not to be missed. The restaurant is not loud and you can enjoy talking and listening to your dining party. I highly recommend Roaring Fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014everything is ala carte, and the food was not great. i had the trout, it did not have the flavor of trout. the fried chicken was a one piece meal, not impressive. we really expected more.
- FunMorrisogVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waitress, Pavlov (inside joke), and another waitress hanging around Pavlov made my friend's birthday celebration a lot of fun and special. Food was great. Everything! Thanks so much for a great time and food.Special Features:
- Very good value for moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The food is really good. As good as some of the new trendy places in Scottsdale. Prices are reasonable. Definitely a good value for money. We go there approx once a year but we should go more often.Special Features:
- Ran out of foodFAMLYDDOCDined on 8/23/2014HOW CAN ONE OF THE TOP RESTAURANTS IN PHOENIX RUN OUT OF FOOD>>>>EVERYTHING I WANTED TO EAT RAN OUT....IT WAS A DISAPPOINTING EXPERIECNE UNTIL OUR WAITRESS AND MANAGER ON DUTY STEPPED UP AND TRIED THEIR BEST TO ACCOMODATE BY GIVING US A DISCOUNT...BUT SOMETIMES YOU WANT TO HAVE A GOOD DINNER FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY...NO DISCOUNT CAN MAKE UP FOR THAT. FOOD NOT SO GOOD, SERVICE BY OUR WAITRESS AND MANAGER SUPERB.
- Highly recommendedDannyDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant isn't easy to find (it's tucked into the end of a large office building), but it's definitely worth looking for it! Great food, great service - awesome night.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and ServiceMotoDadDined on 8/22/2014Made reservations for a date night with my wife and our friends. Great Great food and fantastic service, I actually thought the food would have been a little more expensive so was very impressed when we got our check. I had the Carnitas and they were absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceDined on 8/16/2014One of our favorites but lacking in punctuality and service on this visit.Special Features:
- foodloverDined on 8/16/2014We took my wife there for her birthday and had a terrific time. The appetizers were awesome, as was the salad, and the main courses were out of this world. Dessert wasn't too shabby either. Dan, our server, did an outstanding job. We WILL be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantChelsDined on 8/15/2014It was a nice evening out. There were kids there but I wouldn't recommend it for kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodEatsDined on 8/11/2014The service was excellent and the food was very tasty. Very rich looking interior. Good value. FOR OPEN TABLE ONLY - DID NOT RECEIVE MY OPEN TABLE POINTS AS THE SUMMARY SAYS ZERO POINTS FOR ROARING FORK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roaring Fork , Roaring SuccessChefGDined on 8/9/2014Food was innovative and comforting at the same time. That's really hard to do and they do it really well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatRoaringeaterDined on 8/9/2014I enjoy dining every time I have been there over the past year.Special Features:
- Roaring great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I have family in Arizona so love to try different restaurants when ever we are there and THIS was so good! For me, it was "comfort food" kicked up to a wonderful level of flavor and creativity. Great wine too and excellent helpful service! We will return!Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceOB1FoodDined on 8/4/2014The ambience of this place is great! It is a carnivore's DREAM! There is an open rotisserie fireplace right as you enter so you're hit with the mouth watering smells of BBQ first thing. The seating is more or less private in the dining area. Our server, Bob, did a great job. He remembered all of the specials for the day and our water and drinks stayed full. Overall the food was pretty good. I had the buttermilk fried chicken. The flavor was good but it was a little dried out. My wife had the Fillet. WOW, it was cooked to perfection and had great flavor with the red wine she was drinking. The Mother-In-Law order the Pork Shoulder Carnitas. This was the win of the table. It melted in your mouth. A bit pricey, but worth every penny!Special Features:
- very poor customer servicedesertDinerDined on 7/30/2014A server spilled food on the floor, some splattered onto me. We told the short haired blonde employee food splattered on me. She said "it's no big deal" and walked away. She didn't even offer a wet cloth to wipe off the splattered food.
- Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We celebrated our 5 year anniversary dinner at the Roaring Fork in Scottsdale, AZ. We have to say that they treated us like royalty. While making the reservations they asked if I had any special request, to which I responded "We're celebrating out fifth anniversary." When we arrived there was a card and rose on the table. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and the company couldn't have been better! We also got complimentary dessert!! If your ever in Scottsdale we recommend them.Special Features:
- Wish it was better locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014In a business area. Not walking distance to old town Scottsdale. Hard to find. Awesome steak. Pork tenderloin overcooked.Special Features:
- PerfectDougBDined on 7/25/2014Roaring Fork is the best dining experience I've had. Perfect service, Perfect food, Perfect drinks, No waiting with reservations, excellent parking, perfect atmosphere... PERFECT. I will be a regular when I'm in the valley of the sun.Special Features:
- PhenomenalAbeFromanDined on 7/19/2014Tried on a recommendation and loved it. Will definitely be back. The food is delicious and priced right. Our waitress was great-upbeat, provided exceptional service and was very helpful with recommending menu items. We had the Fresh Guacamole, Salad Special, Cedar Plank Salmon and Sugar Cured Duck Breast. All were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great atmosphere!dottieluvDined on 7/12/2014Took my husband here for his birthday and they set up some decorations and a card from the staff. Very sweet touch! The food was great and the service was wonderful. Very friendly. Very warm atmosphere. I would recommend this restaurant for sure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014The trout and fried chicken are outstanding; the desserts are as well. This long standing restaurant remains devoted to high quality all around.Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 7/9/2014I've dined here many times and would generally rate everything a 4 or 5. This night, however, there were significant inconsistencies in the quality of the food. For example: Tortilla Soup is the best anywhere but the main course (a special not regularly on the menu) a jalapeno rubbed seared ahi, was very tepid and, unlike ahi in general, very fishy tasting. The fried chicken breast was lacking in flavor, overcooked (dry and tough), and very small in size. Service was fine, but, all in all, I'm used to better quality food from this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant change of paceBobbyDVIPDined on 7/5/2014Roaring Fork is always a nice place as a change of pace to other higher-end Scottsdalean restaurants. Has a nice western almost coyboyish ambience but not over the top. If you want a seat in the bar area for happy hour you better get there before it opens at 4 PM. There's a line ready to make a mad dash. The actual restaurant opens at 5 PM. Very nice menu, the food is good, and they take the extra time to make the presentation of each dish something special. All for a reasonable, but not inexpensive, price.Special Features:
- drk2Dined on 7/4/2014The Pork Chop along with the roasted Mexican corn was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Roaring Fork is a special restaurant. The service is good the food good with great flavors. A must go to in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Whenever we want a real treat, Roaring Fork is at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening!SPieDined on 7/4/2014We were a group of 7, celebrating an anniversary, and RF was SO kind as to let us bring our own cake. Not only that, they presented it, sliced it, served it and washed the cake plate! The service was to a tee, and the entire experience was such fun. All of us are regular customers (in fact, I was back with friends the next evening!) and we will continue to be. Thanks, RF, for making our night out so special!Special Features:
- PAKSDined on 7/4/2014We have been coming to the Roaring fork ever since it opened. Food and Service of the highest quality..Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.