4800 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 4809470795x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday, 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bouwens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roaring Fork
Roaring Fork is an American Western Bistro. What is American Western Cuisine? It is a combination of using foods that are indigenous to the American West, locally grown ingredients, and capturing the 'spirit' of the west. The restaurant offers a comfortable, laid back environment that includes friendly professional service and good food. A great deal of attention is paid to all the ingredients in creating the recipes and always using foods that are found in the American West, including locally grown produce. Western cuisine is not a ceremony; it's a celebration! The robust flavors and the courage to try something different is what we are all about. We would like to invite everyone to experience our 'spirit' while enjoying our food and hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Roaring Fork - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Roaring Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (103)special occasion (79)good for groups (54)neighborhood gem (53)vibrant bar scene (50)romantic (43)great for outdoor dining (37)hot spot (37)notable wine list (19)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always great!TobyVIPDined on 9/28/2014Whether we're in the bar or dining room - food, service, ambiance and friendly environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed everything about itgobears81Dined on 9/27/2014The fixed menu was $33 and included a huge appetizer, an entree, and a dessert. Delicious food all around. The trout is fantastic!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationNotCookingDined on 9/26/2014Everything we ate was wonderful The trout was outstanding. They gave us an insane birthday celebration dessert! Robert our server was great. Couldn't have asked for moreSpecial Features:
- Great dining with a Southwest flairAZFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014I had the mussels with chorizo appetizer – simply outstanding. No doubt the best I’ve had since moving to the desert. I asked where the mussels were sourced from and was told they came from Prince Edward Island in Nova Scotia. Unfortunately they appear to have been a special, and not a regular item on the menu. My partner ordered the Kettle of Green Chili Pork appetizer, a house specialty that was very good. Entrees were Idaho Trout and Pork Shoulder Carnitas; also both very good. I thought the carnitas was a bit too crusty but the serving was large enough for me to get my fill from the moister inner part. Service was flawless from beginning to end; surroundings are very comfortable. Nice place to eat.Special Features:
- Had a great timeMuxanDined on 9/26/2014Our table was ready when we arrived and we were seated promptly. Waitress introduced herself immediately and provided menus with the admonition to take our time ordering. We ordered from the Restaurant week menu and the food and service was excellent. They did not skimp on the portions and everything was prompt but not rushed. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014This was not my first visit to Roaring Fork nor will it be my last however it was my husbands first time there. We went for our five year anniversary and the staff made ita wonderful experience for us. Every one was very pleasant and courteous and was very attentive to our needs, however there were very few. Almost every staff member that walked passed us wished us a happy anniversary and that made the night more special to us. I would highly recommend the Roaring Fork to anyone who has not been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish storyDisappointedDined on 9/26/2014Our party ordered the fish of the day, halibut. The server made it sound delicious but in reality it was so bland we asked for lemon to flavor the fish. Very disappointing. Stick with the meat selections.
- AWESOME!!shariDined on 9/26/2014I was invited to join my nieces during restaurant week and the food, service and ambiance was so great I immediately called my husband and told him about it. My husband and I came back 2 days later. The service was OUTSTANDING both times. Nothing skimpy about their portions and I'm including the appetizers when I say that. We loved the spicy pork appetizer and do not leave without having the bread pudding!! If you're too full order it anyway and take it home!! LOVED this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night MaterialRussianDinerDined on 9/25/2014My wife and I were looking for a new restaurant for our weekly date night when we came across Roaring Fork on google. After locating it (easy to miss if you don't have precise directions) and entering the restaurant,we knew immediately we were in for a treat. We were promptly seated on the outdoor patio (the weather was beautiful and they had misters outside) and a waiter immediately attended to us. He was very informative and explained the layout of the extensive wine menu. We had the lamb chop fondue (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and I had the braised beef short rib with horseradish mashed potato and tomato jam. This was incredible, the meat was tender enough to separate with a fork and the potatoes were excellent. We will go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after all these yearsPaleOneVIPDined on 9/25/2014It has been more than 10 years since we last ate at Roaring Fork. We did not stop going there for any reason other than we kind of forgot about it, so we decided to give it another try during Restaurant Week. It was just a good as we remembered it. The food was terrific--top-notch American food with a nice Southwestern twist. in particular, the huckleberry bread pudding was amazing. The only small hiccup in the evening was that our server--who had otherwise been attentive and great--disappeared for a while between our entree and dessert. We were left alone for about 30-40 minutes, with no one checking (even surreptitiously) on drinks, status of our meal, etc. When she came back, she was as good as before. All in all a terrific meal.Special Features:
- bad servicevalad32Dined on 9/25/2014I have not had such bad service in long time. My waitress had an attitude the entire time especially when I asked about how one of the dishes was prepared. That is my third experience with bad services. So, as much as I like their huckleberry bread pudding, I doubt I will be back.
- Lovely mealDiodedave1Dined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed the Arizona Restaurant Week menu. Great food and a very enjoyable evening all round.Special Features:
- Green Chili Porkaps123VIPDined on 9/23/2014Need I say more? It's the best... I could eat this for my entire meal and be perfectly happy. We had a great experience after not eating here for a couple of years. It will become more of a regular spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 185551Dined on 9/23/2014All around excellent restaurant. Service was very good. My steak was near perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than happy hourDoniamhVIPDined on 9/23/2014I've often been to Roaring Fork for happy hour but had some friends in town and thought it would be a great place to meet. It's always busy so reservations are a must! The fish tacos are fabulous - I have those whether at happy hour or as dinner. One friend ordered off the restaurant week menu but we were expecting smaller portions. He said everything was delicious and portion size did not disappoint. Parking is the only challenge - if you don't know better, you'd think everyone within 5 miles will be towed!Special Features:
- A Roaring DudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014I ordered the buttermilk fried chicken breast which was rubbery and did not taste like real chicken. The waitress and the hostess assured me that my entree came from a real chicken, but the texture belied that. The waitress offered me another selection and the hostess suggested a free dessert to make it up to me, but I declined. I was extremely disappointed.
- Great place for special occasionsluvnewplaceDined on 9/22/2014We reserved a table with request for a nice view for our 35th anniversary. When we arrived at our table we were immediately greeted by the waiter who wished us a happy anniversary and placed a card on our table signed by staff. our waiter was prompt and very friendly. He couldn't stop wishing us happy anniversary enough! Appetizers and food was excellent. I will definitely return and recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you haven't you should!xpnsive1Dined on 9/22/2014We took a couple with us that had never been there and they LOVED it!! Everything we had was spot on! Quesso with green chili pork and tortilla chips for an appetizer. Then on to the green chili pork with warm tortillas, salads and though I personally do not eat Mussels... I heard from the 2 that did they were fantastic! Five of us, 3 had the pork carnitas which were wonderful and very filling, another had the fried chicken with whipped potatoes and I had a filet that was mouthwatering!! The huckleberry Bread Pudding is a MUST have!!Special Features:
- Very confusing restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I've only been there about a half dozen times. Half of the dishes I have had have been great. Most of the other dishes have been really solid. At least one was not good at all. The last wait- person I had was bordering on bad. She lied to our face when we told her that a side dish was forgotten. We both saw (and heard) her acknowledge the side dish request when it happened. She later said that she never heard it. It also bothers me that I've never had and/or seen the same waiter or waitperson. This is a restaurant that only does dinner and they seem to have an employee retention problem.Special Features:
- Did Honor ReservationdigitalbonDined on 9/20/2014Been to Roaring Fork many times. The food, service and ambiance is always 5 star. Only problem we had this time was they did not have a table for us at our reservation time. Tjeu said it would be a 20 minute wait. I believe they overbooked themselves due to "Restaurant Week". We heard them tell another couple with a reservation the same thing. We opted to eat in the bar where they had a table available immediately. We like the bar and dinning room equally. Love the outside patio when the temp is right. Definitely will be going back but I think they need to be more on time with reservations.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Fall 2014HungryladyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our group of 4 ate from the Restaurant Week menu and everyone loved the food. Good varied selections. Two of our group were out of towners. Server was patient as we asked for time to enjoy cocktails before our dinners started arriving. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant with broad menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had set menu during AZrestaurant week and loved it. Ambiance is nice and you do not feel cluttered .... everybody got something different and loved it. A little pricey but not too bad. Wine cost is inflated.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner for sixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Sadly our table for six was shoved deep into the back corner with no air & sweltering hot which was very disappointing, seating at the other tables throughout the restaurant appeared very nice. All the dishes were very good, the tortilla soup was fabulous, as was the pork tenderloin and big assed burger; the only exception was the mac & cheese served under the two perfect filets (2 of our party had the same experience)- extremely over salted & ruined what could have been a highly anticipated side dish. Our server arrogantly dismissed our comments. Unfortunately, the wonderful fare was overshadowed by the discomfort of all six in our party.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to returnsmilesishareVIPDined on 9/20/2014We hadn't been to RF in maybe three years. It was always good - but just never got around to it. All I could say to my husband was - wow - why have we not been back. It is lovely, service fantastic, and all of our food perfectly delicious! Since we dined off the Restaurant Week menu - very reasonably priced as well. This is a sure return location for us!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Live this restaurant, foods is great and the presentation is excellent. Service was great as well!Special Features:
- ExcellentLin2Dined on 9/19/2014Our dinner was excellent. The mussels with chorizo, the filet and chili Mac 'n Cheese were all so flavorful in a subtle southwestern way. Our service was perfect...attentive but never rushed.Special Features:
- disappointedmattieDined on 9/19/2014We most likely will not return to Roaring Fork. Upon approaching the hostesses (there seemed to be two) I stood looking at them for quite some time hoping they would finish their personal conversation and take my name for seating, but no, that did not happen, so I had to interrupt them which created an attitude on their part. Things got worse when we were seated between the very noisy bar (people literally yelling over my head) and the very noisy kitchen with a walkway in between. Our party of 4 could not hear one another all evening. Next, my filet arrived rare, when I had ordered medium, and our waiter never returned to check on our meals, so I enjoyed sharing my wife's trout. The only positive was my filet was comped by a manager.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The Restaurant Week menu was very good, quality of food and preparation was first rate, and the quantity (particularly the mussels) was ample.Special Features:
- Used to be our favorite.Jasmin10VIPDined on 9/19/2014Well they gave joined in the switch on meat for restaurant week. Service was great by everyone! Well not the manager who brought our food back out to us, he was very rude. Both steaks were undercooked, so were those tables around us. Then mine came out burned and it was so fatty. Just gross. I would not recommend this steak anymore and it's now off of our list after our last two visits.
- Wonderful!FrancieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great food, Great service. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Lost Reservation No ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014They didn't have my reservation, despite my email confirmation. They had no place settings. The lady threw them together at the table, setting the silverware on directly on the table to do so (a no-no). We were not brought menus. Twenty minutes went by and they still had not taken even a drink order (though a busser had brought bed). When my parents arrived they suddenly found my reservation, and so told them I had not arrived yet (which I had). As a result, they had to search all over the restaurant to find us. They finally took our drink order and a bit later actually delivered us menus! The food was adequate and overpriced. Would not go back.
- A fantastic dining experience!!Slcandy2631Dined on 9/12/2014We have gone to Roaring Foark many times and each time is as wonderful as the time before. The food is always cooked perfectly and the service is great! The Dr. Pepper short ribs are to die for and the boneless fried chicken is amazing!! Roaring Foark is definitely an A++++++ in my book!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceKF60thDined on 9/6/2014The Manager and Waitress were excellent. We had to wait well past our reservation time and were well informed. The Manager apologized for our long wait and told us he would send complimentary appetizers to our table as soon as we sat down. We were given ample to serve our table of 8. Our waitress also apologized for the wait when she greeted us. The food was superb as well. My guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They also brought a complimentary desert to celebrate my Daughter's Bachelorette Party. Highly recommend the Roaring Fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Had a friend visiting and brought her here for her birthday. We had a wonderful meal and the service was great! They even went out of their way to acknowledge her birthday with her choice of dessert. We shared some orders and went with the guacamole, mixed greens salad, and bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. It was all prepared perfectly, and tasted delicious. I am curious to get back and try their burger at some point. Great place for a nice evening out!Special Features:
- Better for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I were celebrating an anniversary and the southwest-themed Roaring Forks seems more appropriate for really good casual lunch or steak dinner than an intimate meal on a special occasion. We'll go back, but next time for lunch.Special Features:
- excellent steakFudLuvRVIPDined on 9/1/2014We decided to retry this restaurant after having a mediocre experience a few years ago (a few months after it changed hands). We were pleasantly surprised as it seems to have improved. My partner and I both had the filet and it was excellent; high quality meat prepared exactly as we requested. Our dining companions both chose chicken dishes (one fried and the other roasted) and they liked theirs as well. Of course we had to sample the green chili mac-n-cheese; we liked it again (this had been one of the previous disappointments). The decor is unremarkable but comfortable but the restaurant was over warm. Our waiter was excellent. I would go again and even recommend this place to others.
- Always satisfiesTal12Dined on 9/1/2014Roaring fork is great like always. The filet is amazing, and the Mac and cheese is the best I've had. Love coming hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKittyVIPDined on 9/1/2014The food is always great! The pork chops are fabulous - as well as the street corn side dish and macaroni and cheese. The scallops are great also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014The food lived up to our expectations. We always get the green pork chili stew which should be the whole meal. We all took home most of our entrees. We had ours last night and they were great warmed up. The tortillas suffered from reheating. Service was friendly. One of our party ordered the spare ribs which were sold out and the hostess came over personally to tell us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange experienceJasmin10VIPDined on 9/1/2014We love the roaring fork. But this time was not a good experience. We were sat outside on the patio with temps over 100. They did not use their misting system. We had about 10 flies bothering us during our entire dinner. Our butter melted all over, no new butter was given even after asking. We just wanted to get out of their. Not a nice dining experience .I would recommend this to a friend.