4800 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 4809470795x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday, 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bouwens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roaring Fork
Roaring Fork is an American Western Bistro. What is American Western Cuisine? It is a combination of using foods that are indigenous to the American West, locally grown ingredients, and capturing the 'spirit' of the west. The restaurant offers a comfortable, laid back environment that includes friendly professional service and good food. A great deal of attention is paid to all the ingredients in creating the recipes and always using foods that are found in the American West, including locally grown produce. Western cuisine is not a ceremony; it's a celebration! The robust flavors and the courage to try something different is what we are all about. We would like to invite everyone to experience our 'spirit' while enjoying our food and hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Roaring Fork - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Roaring Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (44)romantic (41)great for outdoor dining (41)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (23)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (17)late-night find (14)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- FunMorrisogVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waitress, Pavlov (inside joke), and another waitress hanging around Pavlov made my friend's birthday celebration a lot of fun and special. Food was great. Everything! Thanks so much for a great time and food.Special Features:
- Very good value for moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The food is really good. As good as some of the new trendy places in Scottsdale. Prices are reasonable. Definitely a good value for money. We go there approx once a year but we should go more often.Special Features:
- Ran out of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014HOW CAN ONE OF THE TOP RESTAURANTS IN PHOENIX RUN OUT OF FOOD>>>>EVERYTHING I WANTED TO EAT RAN OUT....IT WAS A DISAPPOINTING EXPERIECNE UNTIL OUR WAITRESS AND MANAGER ON DUTY STEPPED UP AND TRIED THEIR BEST TO ACCOMODATE BY GIVING US A DISCOUNT...BUT SOMETIMES YOU WANT TO HAVE A GOOD DINNER FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY...NO DISCOUNT CAN MAKE UP FOR THAT. FOOD NOT SO GOOD, SERVICE BY OUR WAITRESS AND MANAGER SUPERB.
- Highly recommendedDannyDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant isn't easy to find (it's tucked into the end of a large office building), but it's definitely worth looking for it! Great food, great service - awesome night.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Made reservations for a date night with my wife and our friends. Great Great food and fantastic service, I actually thought the food would have been a little more expensive so was very impressed when we got our check. I had the Carnitas and they were absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceDined on 8/16/2014One of our favorites but lacking in punctuality and service on this visit.Special Features:
- foodloverDined on 8/16/2014We took my wife there for her birthday and had a terrific time. The appetizers were awesome, as was the salad, and the main courses were out of this world. Dessert wasn't too shabby either. Dan, our server, did an outstanding job. We WILL be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantChelsDined on 8/15/2014It was a nice evening out. There were kids there but I wouldn't recommend it for kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodEatsDined on 8/11/2014The service was excellent and the food was very tasty. Very rich looking interior. Good value. FOR OPEN TABLE ONLY - DID NOT RECEIVE MY OPEN TABLE POINTS AS THE SUMMARY SAYS ZERO POINTS FOR ROARING FORK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roaring Fork , Roaring SuccessChefGDined on 8/9/2014Food was innovative and comforting at the same time. That's really hard to do and they do it really well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatRoaringeaterDined on 8/9/2014I enjoy dining every time I have been there over the past year.Special Features:
- Roaring great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I have family in Arizona so love to try different restaurants when ever we are there and THIS was so good! For me, it was "comfort food" kicked up to a wonderful level of flavor and creativity. Great wine too and excellent helpful service! We will return!Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceOB1FoodDined on 8/4/2014The ambience of this place is great! It is a carnivore's DREAM! There is an open rotisserie fireplace right as you enter so you're hit with the mouth watering smells of BBQ first thing. The seating is more or less private in the dining area. Our server, Bob, did a great job. He remembered all of the specials for the day and our water and drinks stayed full. Overall the food was pretty good. I had the buttermilk fried chicken. The flavor was good but it was a little dried out. My wife had the Fillet. WOW, it was cooked to perfection and had great flavor with the red wine she was drinking. The Mother-In-Law order the Pork Shoulder Carnitas. This was the win of the table. It melted in your mouth. A bit pricey, but worth every penny!Special Features:
- very poor customer servicedesertDinerDined on 7/30/2014A server spilled food on the floor, some splattered onto me. We told the short haired blonde employee food splattered on me. She said "it's no big deal" and walked away. She didn't even offer a wet cloth to wipe off the splattered food.
- Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We celebrated our 5 year anniversary dinner at the Roaring Fork in Scottsdale, AZ. We have to say that they treated us like royalty. While making the reservations they asked if I had any special request, to which I responded "We're celebrating out fifth anniversary." When we arrived there was a card and rose on the table. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and the company couldn't have been better! We also got complimentary dessert!! If your ever in Scottsdale we recommend them.Special Features:
- Wish it was better locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014In a business area. Not walking distance to old town Scottsdale. Hard to find. Awesome steak. Pork tenderloin overcooked.Special Features:
- PerfectDougBDined on 7/25/2014Roaring Fork is the best dining experience I've had. Perfect service, Perfect food, Perfect drinks, No waiting with reservations, excellent parking, perfect atmosphere... PERFECT. I will be a regular when I'm in the valley of the sun.Special Features:
- PhenomenalAbeFromanDined on 7/19/2014Tried on a recommendation and loved it. Will definitely be back. The food is delicious and priced right. Our waitress was great-upbeat, provided exceptional service and was very helpful with recommending menu items. We had the Fresh Guacamole, Salad Special, Cedar Plank Salmon and Sugar Cured Duck Breast. All were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great atmosphere!dottieluvDined on 7/12/2014Took my husband here for his birthday and they set up some decorations and a card from the staff. Very sweet touch! The food was great and the service was wonderful. Very friendly. Very warm atmosphere. I would recommend this restaurant for sure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014The trout and fried chicken are outstanding; the desserts are as well. This long standing restaurant remains devoted to high quality all around.Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 7/9/2014I've dined here many times and would generally rate everything a 4 or 5. This night, however, there were significant inconsistencies in the quality of the food. For example: Tortilla Soup is the best anywhere but the main course (a special not regularly on the menu) a jalapeno rubbed seared ahi, was very tepid and, unlike ahi in general, very fishy tasting. The fried chicken breast was lacking in flavor, overcooked (dry and tough), and very small in size. Service was fine, but, all in all, I'm used to better quality food from this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant change of paceBobbyDVIPDined on 7/5/2014Roaring Fork is always a nice place as a change of pace to other higher-end Scottsdalean restaurants. Has a nice western almost coyboyish ambience but not over the top. If you want a seat in the bar area for happy hour you better get there before it opens at 4 PM. There's a line ready to make a mad dash. The actual restaurant opens at 5 PM. Very nice menu, the food is good, and they take the extra time to make the presentation of each dish something special. All for a reasonable, but not inexpensive, price.Special Features:
- drk2Dined on 7/4/2014The Pork Chop along with the roasted Mexican corn was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Roaring Fork is a special restaurant. The service is good the food good with great flavors. A must go to in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Whenever we want a real treat, Roaring Fork is at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening!SPieDined on 7/4/2014We were a group of 7, celebrating an anniversary, and RF was SO kind as to let us bring our own cake. Not only that, they presented it, sliced it, served it and washed the cake plate! The service was to a tee, and the entire experience was such fun. All of us are regular customers (in fact, I was back with friends the next evening!) and we will continue to be. Thanks, RF, for making our night out so special!Special Features:
- PAKSDined on 7/4/2014We have been coming to the Roaring fork ever since it opened. Food and Service of the highest quality..Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerCathyandMikeDined on 7/4/2014The food and service were excellent. Try the Pork Tenderloin.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant0karendiningoutfun165Dined on 7/4/2014Every time we go to Roaring Fork we have great service, great food and a great atmosphere. The food is always delicious and well prepared. The bread basket at the beginning of the meal is another plus. The manager comes to each table to see if everything is just the way you want it. The restaurant also gives you points toward money off another meal. Just ask for their card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better For Happy HourVittleVixenDined on 7/4/2014We ordered a ribeye and a filet and neither one came out as ordered. Overcooked slightly. If they specialize in steak, it should be perfectly cooked. The mussel appetizer was great... full of flavor with crusty garlic bread for dipping into the savory mussel broth. The bread pudding was nice but needed more fruit and it was quite shallow in the dish. The bread basket was not worth the carbs. Overall it was a good dinner but we enjoyed happy hour in the bar area much better when we visited several months back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipped just a littleTdine1Dined on 6/28/2014Have dined at RF in past usually with good result. Recent experience not quite up to par. Had party of of 4 service was adequate but there were lapses in attentiveness. Food, one meal was great, 3 were average. Pork tenderloin was dry and scallop dish flavor was not up to speed. It is nice place but will not dine there again for sometime, much better choices available. Sad as I have in past always enjoyed this local spot
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Simply Fabulous. My guest said on a scale of 1-5, the Fork rates a 7. Best filet and trout! Give it a try, you won't be sorry. Use Open Table, especially if you are hosting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Arizona's best restaurantsViajerosDined on 6/25/2014We have enjoyed many fine meals at Roaring Fork. Its menu offers fun and delicious food in a pleasant and welcoming setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great High-End Chain RestaurantPhoenixRisingVIPDined on 6/24/2014The best way to describe Roaring Fork is that it's a high-end chain restaurant. So for those that understand that, you'll know what to expect from the restaurant. For those that don't, the best explanation is that you'll get good food and a good atmosphere, but probably not memorable. The food and drinks were good. Definitely a place where you can dress casual but enjoy higher end food. We went to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday, and we all enjoyed our dishes. The highlight of the night was the bread pudding dessert, that was AMAZING. So make sure to save room for dessert when you dine here, cause the bread pudding was one of the best we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner datedatenightloversDined on 6/21/2014Had a wonderful dinner date here with my husband this past weekend. The restaurant is nice and a bit fancy, but doesn't seem fancy in a "stuffy" or snobby kind of way. Waiter was great, and support staff was also very good. When we mentioned to the manager it was a bit hot at our table, she immediately moved us to another table and made sure we were happy. Definitely appreciate that kind of customer service! We will be back again.Special Features:
- DeliciousChandlerDinerDined on 6/21/2014We had such a great meal at Roaring Fork. Everything was completely delicious. The Brown Butter Trout was outstanding. We wish we lived closer so we could come her once a week. The service was attentive and professional and we had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Sea Salt Caramel GelatoGreateatsDined on 6/21/2014We used to love the Pecan Pie with Sea Salt Caramel Gelato. They have switched to a different supplier. It tastes just like vanilla ice cream. No need to save room for dessert anymore! Sad.Special Features:
- grunionDined on 6/21/2014Great service, great food in a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Not FoodTrishDined on 6/18/2014Filet was well done, dry and cold. Server was friendly and wonderful...wine was good but overpriced. Noisy, Noisey, Noisy....way too many people crammed into a small space...felt like I was involved with the party at the table next to me! Not conducive to quiet conversation and dinners..probably won't go back even though I have been there many times. Disappointed this time......Special Features:
- Good food but noisyRuthinAZDined on 6/18/2014I shared the Date Salad which had an interesting blend of ingredients and was very good. The spit roasted chicken was very good, but not outstanding. One dining partner had the burger which he totally enjoyed. Thank goodness he has a huge appetite because the burger was enormous. The service was attentive and friendly. The noise level was a little too high and there was nothing to absorb it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteaksKristinDined on 6/12/2014Food was really good. One of the better steaks I've had. A little on the pricier side, we paid $140 for a dinner for two. I probably won't come back because of the price. If you don't mind overpaying, I would say check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.