4800 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 4809470795x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday, 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bouwens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roaring Fork
Roaring Fork is an American Western Bistro. What is American Western Cuisine? It is a combination of using foods that are indigenous to the American West, locally grown ingredients, and capturing the 'spirit' of the west. The restaurant offers a comfortable, laid back environment that includes friendly professional service and good food. A great deal of attention is paid to all the ingredients in creating the recipes and always using foods that are found in the American West, including locally grown produce. Western cuisine is not a ceremony; it's a celebration! The robust flavors and the courage to try something different is what we are all about. We would like to invite everyone to experience our 'spirit' while enjoying our food and hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roaring Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)special occasion (90)good for groups (69)neighborhood gem (57)vibrant bar scene (52)great for outdoor dining (45)romantic (44)hot spot (42)notable wine list (25)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Scottsdale RichScottsdaleRichVIPDined on 10/24/2014Another great evening at Roaring Fork. Had the duck breast that looked as good as it tasted. The service was outstanding and the chocolate chunk gelato was a perfect conclusion.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants! They have great happy hour as well as a wonderful dinner menu. Always have exceptional service and have never been anything but pleased with my experience!! Amazing staff!Special Features:
- Always a TreatRPM1VIPDined on 10/22/2014RF never fails to deliver consistent quality. We enjoy this restaurant whenever we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014For an establishment to project itself as a foodie type of place you would expect a simple ceaser salad to be just that. Not the very poor imitation presented. The manager although listening to our complaint, did not accept the fact that a very plain green salad was not a ceaser salad as ordered, although he did offer to add a couple of anchovies, and once prompted the drinks came free. I'm sure that if I revisited this establishment again, salads would not be on my wish list. Overpriced for an average steak.Special Features:
- A Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We had a very pleasant evening here. Both the food and service were excellent. We were seated immediately upon arrival after having been given a choice of indoor or patio seating. All of us thoroughly enjoyed their meals. As a very nice final touch, the restaurant called the next day to thank us for our patronage and to check to be sure that we were pleased with our dinner. We most certainly were!Special Features:
- DollarsnsenseDollarsnsenseVIPDined on 10/21/2014A pleasing experience! Dined al fresco and the outside was much less noisy than the inside. Both had rainbow trout which covered the plate and was cooked perfectly. Not dry, but tender and moist. Appetizer was the green chili pork, another delicious treat. We split it between us and it was plenty to whet our appetites. Margarita and mijito were only so-so. Best meal we've had in a long time. Birthday surprise was a free dessert!Special Features:
- Fabulous food!rochdebDined on 10/20/2014The menu is very nice. The food was unbelievable!!!Special Features:
- always delicious!MissMuffetDined on 10/19/2014we celebrated my birthday at Roaring Fork again this year. the food and service are always very good. we all enjoyed our meals - the trout, the salmon, and the short ribs. you must save room for the desserts - the ancho chili chocolate torte and the pecan pie were superb.Special Features:
- MeredithDined on 10/18/2014The food was exceptional. The portions of the appetizers and salads are small, but the main entrée portions are very generous. The service was good but slow. For the price, it is definitely a special occasion restaurant. We celebrated a 40th birthday there, and it was very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We have been to Roaring Fork many times, my husband and myself, this time we had our adult daughter with us and she thoroughly enjoyed her dining experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingCharlie1947Dined on 10/17/2014First we were seated at the very back of the restaurant which has no ambiance. We were a party of 4 adults and the table next to us which had 8 people and 3 crying children. There were empty tables in the front which actually is lovely so why we were placed here is beyond me. Food was mediocre. I ordered salmon med-well and it was rare. I found that out when I got to the middle and the waiter was not in range. Picked at it. Came with a green beN salad. Uncooked green beans and that was difficult on its own. Two of us had this and were disappointed. The short ribs were very good. The pork not so good. All in all there are too many good places Togo so we would ot go back .
- Great dining experienceMizzou85Dined on 10/16/2014Great combination of service with wonderful dinner choices prepared exquisitely. Love the decor and would definitely do a repeat visit of my travels bring me back to ScotsdaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justicejVIPDined on 10/13/2014roaring fork never changes it so reliable great place to be solid food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Sat Oct 11, 2014dissapointingDined on 10/11/2014The Halibut and trout were wonderful. Our friend had to send the scallops back, not cooked through. The duck was chewy so that was a disappointment. Initially our server was quite attentive but when it came time for the bill we waited a long time. We have been here before and it was better. It seems the volume of people coming in during the fall is a bit too much for the wait staff right now.Special Features:
- LESLIEDined on 10/10/2014Amazing place. Fantastic creatve food and wonderful decor and atmoshere. We had a great waiter matt who helped make the whole experience special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerEasy2pleaseDined on 10/9/2014Even though the restaurant was not busy, Service was rushed. Waiter kept suggesting that we order more sides and salads. Braised short ribs were tasty, but were barely warm.Special Features:
- Fabulous!ScottsdaleFoodieDined on 10/3/2014After a long day of golf with friends from out of town, we had a wonderful dinner! There was no rush in the service. Our waiter, Steven, was spot on, and the braised beef short ribs were delicious! I would definitely order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okayjesuiaffameDined on 10/3/2014We were underwhelmed with Roaring Fork. We've been there a couple of times. There was nothing "bad" about it, but Scottsdale has so many restaurants that are off the charts good, that we won't really waste our time going to one that is average at best. Chef needs to change it up if he wants to compete.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 10/1/2014For the most part everything was perfect, with signed cards on the table congratulating the anniversary couple and my wife on her birthday. The server was friendly and knowledgable. The food was delicious. The only negative was that the server, when presenting the desert menus, didn't mention that desert was gratis because of our special occassions. We decided not to order desert but when the bill was presented, I asked why the restaurant didn't offer us a complimentary desert. The server, without an apology, said that since she neglected to inform us properly , we should ask for a Birthday desert the next time we dine with you. This is not something we would do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!!desertroseDined on 9/30/2014Don't miss the opportunity to dine at a very special place--great food, great service, special atmosphere! Banana split dessert is awesome:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!TobyVIPDined on 9/28/2014Whether we're in the bar or dining room - food, service, ambiance and friendly environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bounty with distinct flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Despite traveling down Scottsdale Road hundreds of times, I have never noticed the Roaring Fork. Had a friend not told me about the Restaurant Week special and how great it was, I may not have ever discovered the restaurant. I intended to order Southwest food, but the wait staff talked me into a steak. I cook killer steak, so I ordered it with reservations. I ordered charred-rare, otherwise a black and blue. The cow did give his life for me, and I should honor the meat without a double death. The kitchen got it perfect; the meat was also of quality. The first course is worth a mention - a pot of Chili Verde - of which the bounty was enjoyed for lunch the next day. So the place is hidden in an office complex and worth the hunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so Service - OK FoodBosox2004Dined on 9/27/2014Made reservations for party of 6 at 8:30. Figured should be OK with a later time. They tried to sit us at a table for 4 and explained they were a little busy - not really our problem and we had a reservation for 6(?). This did not sit well with some in our party. After finding a table on patio, went through rather average service and equally as average food. The place certainly had a nice vibe and energy but the staff is rather young and lacked experience in how to properly serve at a restaurant that is more on the higher end. Rather disappointing - the the fork was more of a dull roar.Special Features:
- Enjoyed everything about itgobears81Dined on 9/27/2014The fixed menu was $33 and included a huge appetizer, an entree, and a dessert. Delicious food all around. The trout is fantastic!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationNotCookingDined on 9/26/2014Everything we ate was wonderful The trout was outstanding. They gave us an insane birthday celebration dessert! Robert our server was great. Couldn't have asked for moreSpecial Features:
- Great dining with a Southwest flairAZFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014I had the mussels with chorizo appetizer – simply outstanding. No doubt the best I’ve had since moving to the desert. I asked where the mussels were sourced from and was told they came from Prince Edward Island in Nova Scotia. Unfortunately they appear to have been a special, and not a regular item on the menu. My partner ordered the Kettle of Green Chili Pork appetizer, a house specialty that was very good. Entrees were Idaho Trout and Pork Shoulder Carnitas; also both very good. I thought the carnitas was a bit too crusty but the serving was large enough for me to get my fill from the moister inner part. Service was flawless from beginning to end; surroundings are very comfortable. Nice place to eat.Special Features:
- Had a great timeMuxanDined on 9/26/2014Our table was ready when we arrived and we were seated promptly. Waitress introduced herself immediately and provided menus with the admonition to take our time ordering. We ordered from the Restaurant week menu and the food and service was excellent. They did not skimp on the portions and everything was prompt but not rushed. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantKat404Dined on 9/26/2014This was not my first visit to Roaring Fork nor will it be my last however it was my husbands first time there. We went for our five year anniversary and the staff made ita wonderful experience for us. Every one was very pleasant and courteous and was very attentive to our needs, however there were very few. Almost every staff member that walked passed us wished us a happy anniversary and that made the night more special to us. I would highly recommend the Roaring Fork to anyone who has not been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish storyDisappointedDined on 9/26/2014Our party ordered the fish of the day, halibut. The server made it sound delicious but in reality it was so bland we asked for lemon to flavor the fish. Very disappointing. Stick with the meat selections.
- AWESOME!!shariDined on 9/26/2014I was invited to join my nieces during restaurant week and the food, service and ambiance was so great I immediately called my husband and told him about it. My husband and I came back 2 days later. The service was OUTSTANDING both times. Nothing skimpy about their portions and I'm including the appetizers when I say that. We loved the spicy pork appetizer and do not leave without having the bread pudding!! If you're too full order it anyway and take it home!! LOVED this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night MaterialRussianDinerDined on 9/25/2014My wife and I were looking for a new restaurant for our weekly date night when we came across Roaring Fork on google. After locating it (easy to miss if you don't have precise directions) and entering the restaurant,we knew immediately we were in for a treat. We were promptly seated on the outdoor patio (the weather was beautiful and they had misters outside) and a waiter immediately attended to us. He was very informative and explained the layout of the extensive wine menu. We had the lamb chop fondue (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and I had the braised beef short rib with horseradish mashed potato and tomato jam. This was incredible, the meat was tender enough to separate with a fork and the potatoes were excellent. We will go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after all these yearsPaleOneVIPDined on 9/25/2014It has been more than 10 years since we last ate at Roaring Fork. We did not stop going there for any reason other than we kind of forgot about it, so we decided to give it another try during Restaurant Week. It was just a good as we remembered it. The food was terrific--top-notch American food with a nice Southwestern twist. in particular, the huckleberry bread pudding was amazing. The only small hiccup in the evening was that our server--who had otherwise been attentive and great--disappeared for a while between our entree and dessert. We were left alone for about 30-40 minutes, with no one checking (even surreptitiously) on drinks, status of our meal, etc. When she came back, she was as good as before. All in all a terrific meal.Special Features:
- bad servicevalad32Dined on 9/25/2014I have not had such bad service in long time. My waitress had an attitude the entire time especially when I asked about how one of the dishes was prepared. That is my third experience with bad services. So, as much as I like their huckleberry bread pudding, I doubt I will be back.
- Lovely mealDiodedave1Dined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed the Arizona Restaurant Week menu. Great food and a very enjoyable evening all round.Special Features:
- Green Chili Porkaps123VIPDined on 9/23/2014Need I say more? It's the best... I could eat this for my entire meal and be perfectly happy. We had a great experience after not eating here for a couple of years. It will become more of a regular spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 185551Dined on 9/23/2014All around excellent restaurant. Service was very good. My steak was near perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than happy hourDoniamhVIPDined on 9/23/2014I've often been to Roaring Fork for happy hour but had some friends in town and thought it would be a great place to meet. It's always busy so reservations are a must! The fish tacos are fabulous - I have those whether at happy hour or as dinner. One friend ordered off the restaurant week menu but we were expecting smaller portions. He said everything was delicious and portion size did not disappoint. Parking is the only challenge - if you don't know better, you'd think everyone within 5 miles will be towed!Special Features:
- A Roaring DudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014I ordered the buttermilk fried chicken breast which was rubbery and did not taste like real chicken. The waitress and the hostess assured me that my entree came from a real chicken, but the texture belied that. The waitress offered me another selection and the hostess suggested a free dessert to make it up to me, but I declined. I was extremely disappointed.
- Great place for special occasionsluvnewplaceDined on 9/22/2014We reserved a table with request for a nice view for our 35th anniversary. When we arrived at our table we were immediately greeted by the waiter who wished us a happy anniversary and placed a card on our table signed by staff. our waiter was prompt and very friendly. He couldn't stop wishing us happy anniversary enough! Appetizers and food was excellent. I will definitely return and recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you haven't you should!xpnsive1Dined on 9/22/2014We took a couple with us that had never been there and they LOVED it!! Everything we had was spot on! Quesso with green chili pork and tortilla chips for an appetizer. Then on to the green chili pork with warm tortillas, salads and though I personally do not eat Mussels... I heard from the 2 that did they were fantastic! Five of us, 3 had the pork carnitas which were wonderful and very filling, another had the fried chicken with whipped potatoes and I had a filet that was mouthwatering!! The huckleberry Bread Pudding is a MUST have!!Special Features: