4800 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 4809470795x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday, 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bouwens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roaring Fork
Roaring Fork is an American Western Bistro. What is American Western Cuisine? It is a combination of using foods that are indigenous to the American West, locally grown ingredients, and capturing the 'spirit' of the west. The restaurant offers a comfortable, laid back environment that includes friendly professional service and good food. A great deal of attention is paid to all the ingredients in creating the recipes and always using foods that are found in the American West, including locally grown produce. Western cuisine is not a ceremony; it's a celebration! The robust flavors and the courage to try something different is what we are all about. We would like to invite everyone to experience our 'spirit' while enjoying our food and hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Roaring Fork - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Roaring Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)special occasion (68)neighborhood gem (50)good for groups (46)vibrant bar scene (43)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (34)hot spot (28)late-night find (16)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Did Honor ReservationdigitalbonDined on 9/20/2014Been to Roaring Fork many times. The food, service and ambiance is always 5 star. Only problem we had this time was they did not have a table for us at our reservation time. Tjeu said it would be a 20 minute wait. I believe they overbooked themselves due to "Restaurant Week". We heard them tell another couple with a reservation the same thing. We opted to eat in the bar where they had a table available immediately. We like the bar and dinning room equally. Love the outside patio when the temp is right. Definitely will be going back but I think they need to be more on time with reservations.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Fall 2014HungryladyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our group of 4 ate from the Restaurant Week menu and everyone loved the food. Good varied selections. Two of our group were out of towners. Server was patient as we asked for time to enjoy cocktails before our dinners started arriving. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant with broad menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had set menu during AZrestaurant week and loved it. Ambiance is nice and you do not feel cluttered .... everybody got something different and loved it. A little pricey but not too bad. Wine cost is inflated.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner for sixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Sadly our table for six was shoved deep into the back corner with no air & sweltering hot which was very disappointing, seating at the other tables throughout the restaurant appeared very nice. All the dishes were very good, the tortilla soup was fabulous, as was the pork tenderloin and big assed burger; the only exception was the mac & cheese served under the two perfect filets (2 of our party had the same experience)- extremely over salted & ruined what could have been a highly anticipated side dish. Our server arrogantly dismissed our comments. Unfortunately, the wonderful fare was overshadowed by the discomfort of all six in our party.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to returnsmilesishareVIPDined on 9/20/2014We hadn't been to RF in maybe three years. It was always good - but just never got around to it. All I could say to my husband was - wow - why have we not been back. It is lovely, service fantastic, and all of our food perfectly delicious! Since we dined off the Restaurant Week menu - very reasonably priced as well. This is a sure return location for us!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Live this restaurant, foods is great and the presentation is excellent. Service was great as well!Special Features:
- ExcellentLin2Dined on 9/19/2014Our dinner was excellent. The mussels with chorizo, the filet and chili Mac 'n Cheese were all so flavorful in a subtle southwestern way. Our service was perfect...attentive but never rushed.Special Features:
- disappointedmattieDined on 9/19/2014We most likely will not return to Roaring Fork. Upon approaching the hostesses (there seemed to be two) I stood looking at them for quite some time hoping they would finish their personal conversation and take my name for seating, but no, that did not happen, so I had to interrupt them which created an attitude on their part. Things got worse when we were seated between the very noisy bar (people literally yelling over my head) and the very noisy kitchen with a walkway in between. Our party of 4 could not hear one another all evening. Next, my filet arrived rare, when I had ordered medium, and our waiter never returned to check on our meals, so I enjoyed sharing my wife's trout. The only positive was my filet was comped by a manager.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The Restaurant Week menu was very good, quality of food and preparation was first rate, and the quantity (particularly the mussels) was ample.Special Features:
- Used to be our favorite.Jasmin10VIPDined on 9/19/2014Well they gave joined in the switch on meat for restaurant week. Service was great by everyone! Well not the manager who brought our food back out to us, he was very rude. Both steaks were undercooked, so were those tables around us. Then mine came out burned and it was so fatty. Just gross. I would not recommend this steak anymore and it's now off of our list after our last two visits.
- Wonderful!FrancieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great food, Great service. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Lost Reservation No ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014They didn't have my reservation, despite my email confirmation. They had no place settings. The lady threw them together at the table, setting the silverware on directly on the table to do so (a no-no). We were not brought menus. Twenty minutes went by and they still had not taken even a drink order (though a busser had brought bed). When my parents arrived they suddenly found my reservation, and so told them I had not arrived yet (which I had). As a result, they had to search all over the restaurant to find us. They finally took our drink order and a bit later actually delivered us menus! The food was adequate and overpriced. Would not go back.
- A fantastic dining experience!!Slcandy2631Dined on 9/12/2014We have gone to Roaring Foark many times and each time is as wonderful as the time before. The food is always cooked perfectly and the service is great! The Dr. Pepper short ribs are to die for and the boneless fried chicken is amazing!! Roaring Foark is definitely an A++++++ in my book!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceKF60thDined on 9/6/2014The Manager and Waitress were excellent. We had to wait well past our reservation time and were well informed. The Manager apologized for our long wait and told us he would send complimentary appetizers to our table as soon as we sat down. We were given ample to serve our table of 8. Our waitress also apologized for the wait when she greeted us. The food was superb as well. My guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They also brought a complimentary desert to celebrate my Daughter's Bachelorette Party. Highly recommend the Roaring Fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Had a friend visiting and brought her here for her birthday. We had a wonderful meal and the service was great! They even went out of their way to acknowledge her birthday with her choice of dessert. We shared some orders and went with the guacamole, mixed greens salad, and bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. It was all prepared perfectly, and tasted delicious. I am curious to get back and try their burger at some point. Great place for a nice evening out!Special Features:
- Better for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I were celebrating an anniversary and the southwest-themed Roaring Forks seems more appropriate for really good casual lunch or steak dinner than an intimate meal on a special occasion. We'll go back, but next time for lunch.Special Features:
- excellent steakFudLuvRVIPDined on 9/1/2014We decided to retry this restaurant after having a mediocre experience a few years ago (a few months after it changed hands). We were pleasantly surprised as it seems to have improved. My partner and I both had the filet and it was excellent; high quality meat prepared exactly as we requested. Our dining companions both chose chicken dishes (one fried and the other roasted) and they liked theirs as well. Of course we had to sample the green chili mac-n-cheese; we liked it again (this had been one of the previous disappointments). The decor is unremarkable but comfortable but the restaurant was over warm. Our waiter was excellent. I would go again and even recommend this place to others.
- Always satisfiesTal12Dined on 9/1/2014Roaring fork is great like always. The filet is amazing, and the Mac and cheese is the best I've had. Love coming hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKittyVIPDined on 9/1/2014The food is always great! The pork chops are fabulous - as well as the street corn side dish and macaroni and cheese. The scallops are great also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014The food lived up to our expectations. We always get the green pork chili stew which should be the whole meal. We all took home most of our entrees. We had ours last night and they were great warmed up. The tortillas suffered from reheating. Service was friendly. One of our party ordered the spare ribs which were sold out and the hostess came over personally to tell us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange experienceJasmin10VIPDined on 9/1/2014We love the roaring fork. But this time was not a good experience. We were sat outside on the patio with temps over 100. They did not use their misting system. We had about 10 flies bothering us during our entire dinner. Our butter melted all over, no new butter was given even after asking. We just wanted to get out of their. Not a nice dining experience .I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I was VERY disappointed at how small the salad was that I got. The taste was really good. I would have been better off if I had gone to Sweet Tomatoes. At least I would have been full for the $9. I spent on it. I was quite embarrassed as I took my nephew and his girlfriend there. They were looking forward to a good dinner in Az. As they are from NY> BAD
- Solidly good food.ChrisVIPDined on 8/30/2014You can always find something good here, and the fish special is always great quality.Special Features:
- Great in every way.ChandlerDinerDined on 8/30/2014Roaring Fork never disappoints. The food is delicious and the service is good. It is a perfect date place or fun with a group. We enjoyed the Browned Butter Trout, but the rolls and salads are delicious as well. The green chili mac and cheese and green chili appetizer are not to be missed. The restaurant is not loud and you can enjoy talking and listening to your dining party. I highly recommend Roaring Fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014everything is ala carte, and the food was not great. i had the trout, it did not have the flavor of trout. the fried chicken was a one piece meal, not impressive. we really expected more.
- Why make a reservation?Lookn4goodfoodVIPDined on 8/30/2014Arrived 5 minutes before reservation and told it would be a few minutes. Went to the bar for a drink and there are TOO MANY chairs and tables in area. Unable to walk or sit without disturbing others. After 15 minute wait and seeing several tables seated I return to hostess stand and told I could eat in the bar. Told them that was not the reason I made a reservation. After another 10 minute wait I was taken to a table in the back area that had been sectioned off for a large private party. Dinner and service was excellent. Getting to a table was a challenge! Way take Open Table reservation if it is not going to be honored?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunMorrisogVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waitress, Pavlov (inside joke), and another waitress hanging around Pavlov made my friend's birthday celebration a lot of fun and special. Food was great. Everything! Thanks so much for a great time and food.Special Features:
- Very good value for moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The food is really good. As good as some of the new trendy places in Scottsdale. Prices are reasonable. Definitely a good value for money. We go there approx once a year but we should go more often.Special Features:
- Ran out of foodFAMLYDDOCDined on 8/23/2014HOW CAN ONE OF THE TOP RESTAURANTS IN PHOENIX RUN OUT OF FOOD>>>>EVERYTHING I WANTED TO EAT RAN OUT....IT WAS A DISAPPOINTING EXPERIECNE UNTIL OUR WAITRESS AND MANAGER ON DUTY STEPPED UP AND TRIED THEIR BEST TO ACCOMODATE BY GIVING US A DISCOUNT...BUT SOMETIMES YOU WANT TO HAVE A GOOD DINNER FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY...NO DISCOUNT CAN MAKE UP FOR THAT. FOOD NOT SO GOOD, SERVICE BY OUR WAITRESS AND MANAGER SUPERB.
- Highly recommendedDannyDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant isn't easy to find (it's tucked into the end of a large office building), but it's definitely worth looking for it! Great food, great service - awesome night.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and ServiceMotoDadDined on 8/22/2014Made reservations for a date night with my wife and our friends. Great Great food and fantastic service, I actually thought the food would have been a little more expensive so was very impressed when we got our check. I had the Carnitas and they were absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceDined on 8/16/2014One of our favorites but lacking in punctuality and service on this visit.Special Features:
- foodloverDined on 8/16/2014We took my wife there for her birthday and had a terrific time. The appetizers were awesome, as was the salad, and the main courses were out of this world. Dessert wasn't too shabby either. Dan, our server, did an outstanding job. We WILL be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantChelsDined on 8/15/2014It was a nice evening out. There were kids there but I wouldn't recommend it for kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodEatsDined on 8/11/2014The service was excellent and the food was very tasty. Very rich looking interior. Good value. FOR OPEN TABLE ONLY - DID NOT RECEIVE MY OPEN TABLE POINTS AS THE SUMMARY SAYS ZERO POINTS FOR ROARING FORK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roaring Fork , Roaring SuccessChefGDined on 8/9/2014Food was innovative and comforting at the same time. That's really hard to do and they do it really well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatRoaringeaterDined on 8/9/2014I enjoy dining every time I have been there over the past year.Special Features:
- Roaring great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I have family in Arizona so love to try different restaurants when ever we are there and THIS was so good! For me, it was "comfort food" kicked up to a wonderful level of flavor and creativity. Great wine too and excellent helpful service! We will return!Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceOB1FoodDined on 8/4/2014The ambience of this place is great! It is a carnivore's DREAM! There is an open rotisserie fireplace right as you enter so you're hit with the mouth watering smells of BBQ first thing. The seating is more or less private in the dining area. Our server, Bob, did a great job. He remembered all of the specials for the day and our water and drinks stayed full. Overall the food was pretty good. I had the buttermilk fried chicken. The flavor was good but it was a little dried out. My wife had the Fillet. WOW, it was cooked to perfection and had great flavor with the red wine she was drinking. The Mother-In-Law order the Pork Shoulder Carnitas. This was the win of the table. It melted in your mouth. A bit pricey, but worth every penny!Special Features:
- very poor customer servicedesertDinerDined on 7/30/2014A server spilled food on the floor, some splattered onto me. We told the short haired blonde employee food splattered on me. She said "it's no big deal" and walked away. She didn't even offer a wet cloth to wipe off the splattered food.