Roaring Fork San Antonio
1806 NW Loop 1604
San Antonio, TX 78248Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Roaring Fork San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 2104799700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Blake Keely
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Semi-private Accommodations Available. If you are planning a special event, business outing or dining in a group of 10 or more share the experience of the bold wood fired cooking with your friends and coworkers. The Roaring Fork is the perfect place for all your social and business occasions. Reserve one of our star lit patios or host a gathering in a secluded section of one of our comfortable dining rooms. The Roaring Fork can accommodate any group from 10 to 100. We'll be sure to take care of every detail to make your event one to remember.
- Private Party Facilities: The Roaring Fork specializes in doing a variety of events ranging from Rehearsal Dinners, Wedding Receptions, Bar & Bat Mizvah's, Corporate Meeting Dinners & Personal Private Dining Celebrations. Our expert banquet staff will make certain that your every need is met.
- Private Party Contact: Lucy Davis 8883281530
- Entertainment: The Roaring Fork is the place to be every night for HAPPY HOUR! Join the crowd the bar from 4 to 7 pm, seven nights a week at one of Texas' Best Happy Hours - featuring half price appetizers and margaritas as well as daily drink specials. Don't forget to ask for our famous frozen Huckleberry Margarita it is always a great way to begin your evening. The Roaring Fork Happy Hour is the perfect place to meet your friends and make new ones over a beer, a margarita, a glass of wine from our award winning wine list or sipping your favorite cocktail.
A word from Roaring Fork San Antonio
Eddie V's Restaurants brings bold wood fired cooking to San Antonio. Join us at The Roaring Fork serving lunch and dinner daily with happy hour beginning at 4 pm. At The Roaring Fork you will capture the spirit of the Old West, where the best food was prepared on a simple wood fire. This same spirit, freshness and flavor are at the heart of every Roaring Fork dish. Select from lamb, chicken, beef, pork and fresh fish entrees all perfectly prepared by wood fire rotisserie, wood burning grill or oven roasting. Whether it's cocktails in the saloon, a leisurely dinner on the patio or a pleasant dining experience in our comfortable dining rooms, Roaring Fork is the discerning diner's choice. Stop in tonight and experience the spirit of bold wood fired cooking where unique bold American flavors crackle with that rugged edge. Including: Wood-Fired Steaks, Rotisserie Chicken, Roasted Pork Carnitas, Pan Sautéed Trout, Campfire Salmon, Green-Chile Pork Stew, Slow Roasted Long Bone Beef Ribs...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roaring Fork San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
- Roaring Fork delivers consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Roaring Fork delivers consistently excellent food and service. Always enjoy going there and have always had a good experience.Special Features:
- The majority of the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/31/2012The majority of the food was excellent. The restaurant continues to have problems with serving their sides (which have very good flavor) at a cold or barely warm temperature.Special Features:
- Roaring Fork - San AntonioAprilTVIPDined on 12/30/2012Last Minute decision to have dinner at Roaring Fork, SA. We've dined here several times before, so it was an easy choice for us. Dinner was good; I would categorize it as the usual good tasting entrees. We ordered Big A$$ Burger, chicken fried cutlet w/ drinks and sides - all were served as we expected. Not an amazing dinner experience, service was good, quality but not outstanding. Roaring Fork is closing in January - scheduled to re-open sometime in the spring as "Cover 3"Special Features:
- Special place for family or a date.ClNailDined on 12/24/2012We eat dinner at the Roaring Fork each Christmas Eve as a family. Our adult daughters and son in law look forward to it each year. The server brings a small portion of cornbread when you are waiting to order, that is always a hit with us. We ordered the Queso and chips and the deep fried avocado to start...which were very good. The steaks are tasty as are the chicken and bacon wrapped pork tenderloin.The atmosphere is quite nice, lots of wood and low lighting. Noise level is moderate so you can have a conversation without yelling. I would recommend Roaring Fork as a great place for a romantic dinner. Prices are what I would consider 3 star and service is very good.Special Features:
- Prime rib was over-cooked,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012Prime rib was over-cooked, unusual for Roaring fork. Service was attentive and appreciated.
- Normally this is one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/21/2012Normally this is one of my favorite places, but this last visit was not a great experience. Our appetizer was cold (but delicious once heated up) and our entrees were lukewarm at best. So were the sides. Not sure what was going on with the temperature of the food. I did not care for the fish dish I ordered, which is unusual because normally their fish is outstanding. You MUST order the green chili mac and cheese. We also tried the Mexican street corn and it was delicious as well. I will definitely go back but maybe on a less crowded night to ensure hot food and attentive service (our waitress also had a huge table and we were largely ignored).Special Features:
- Roaring Fork is a Roaring SuccessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012The food was tremendous and the portions spot-on. Was my first time here, but I will definitely come here again with the family!Special Features:
- Not bad, but not my favoriteBJDinesDined on 12/15/2012Unfortunately the service was a tad bit slow which really makes a difference in my overall rating.. We were pressed for time and had to wait for our bill making us rush to our engagement. Food was okay, but a bit pricey based on the quality and quantity provided. Atmosphere is nice and very comfortable. Not bad for families but beware, the kid menu is verbal with typical selections.Special Features:
- in general food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2012in general food and service are very good will return and recomendSpecial Features:
- Mark StewartOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/12/2012Disappointing. Food: bland. Atmosphere: too loud, too dark. They need to replace the Earl Able's booth seating. We went on Wednesday evening, advance rez for 6. When we arrived, they sat us at a table designed for 4 people. When I inquired about the cramped seating arrangement they said that they had moved the other tables to accommodate large holiday parties. Four of us ordered the special: Texas red fish w/ au gratin potatoes. The fish was tasteless and in need of a favor...some butter/dill sauce..anything. The au gratin tasted like it was made with gov't cheeze. Party of 6 spent over $600. Did we get our money's worth? No. Would I go back: nope.
- Roaring Fork was beyond ourSadCustomerVIPDined on 12/11/2012Roaring Fork was beyond our expectations. The waiter provided outstanding recommendations. Looking to our next visit.Special Features:
- We had a very pleasant diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012We had a very pleasant dining experience there! The waitstaff was extremely accommodating and nice considering we had our two children with us. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and was more than happy to offer recommendations which I always appreciate. Food was superb! My only slightly negative comment would be that the service was a tad slow getting drinks, between courses, etc. However, that may have been intended to extend the "dining experience." I may have been over-sensitive to that since I did have my kiddos with me as well;-) I would love to go back and maybe have a romantic dinner with my hubby... sans kids!!Special Features:
- I've dined at this restaurantBigjimDined on 11/13/2012I've dined at this restaurant before, as well as their Austin locations. You can always count on good food and a great selection. During my most recent trip the service left a lot to be desired. I think our waitress simply wanted to be somewhere else that night. However the food was great an I'd return if I was in the area.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure dining atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Always a pleasure dining at RF...service and food great.Special Features:
- A perfect night for patioOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/9/2012A perfect night for patio dining! Dinner and drinks were fabulous!Special Features:
- Great place to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012The food was fantastic and the service was incredible. Our waiter Henry was wonderful!!Special Features:
- Food was mediocre. Pork CarnitasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012Food was mediocre. Pork Carnitas just ok. Friend of the prime rib, was just ok. Black beans were the best thing on my plate.
- The food was enjoyed by everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012The food was enjoyed by everyone at our table, our waiter was very prompt and funny, it wasn't too loud in there. We had a good time!Special Features:
- Best Food and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012We had a great experience with RF. The food was awesome. The steak was cooked to perfection and so tender, and the salmon was to die for. We will definately be returning.Special Features:
- Great for a date.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012My girlfriend and I went to the restaurant as a nice date. The staff was very helpful in picking a wine to drink, and was very prompt with our orders. The food was amazing. My girlfriend had salmon, and continues to talk about how excellent it was. I had the petite bone-in filets, and they were delicious as well. For dessert the staff again recommended a port wine to go with the chocolate cake. The cake itself was incredibly rich, almost a fudge-like consistency. We will definitely return to this restaurant in the future.Special Features:
- We were visiting my brotherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012We were visiting my brother and sister-in-law and they recommended your restaurant. The four of us went to dinner and it was fabulous. Everything was outstanding! It was relaxing and loved the fact that there was no pressure to finish an entree because the next course was being served. Thanks for an enjoyable dinner!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the fact that weSonKneeBoyVIPDined on 9/20/2012We enjoyed the fact that we could reserve an outside table thru OpenTable. While there is not much of a view from the patio the patio itself is recently refurbished. It is nice to get outside without having to hear a bunch of noise from the highwaySpecial Features:
- Comfortable and romantic atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2012Comfortable and romantic atmosphere. Elegant dining inside and on the patio. Excellent steaks and broad selection on the menu. Coctails and are first rate, and desserts are an experience to remember. This was a special evening for me and I returned to Roaring Fork andreceived the quality I have come to count on with them.Special Features:
- Steak that melts in your mouth.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2012Steak that melts in your mouth. Tortilla soup was very good and tasty and presented very well. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Burgers, Tacos and CFS??OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012How dissapointing. I was expecting an upscale Steak House however this was not the place. Maybe they are moving their menu down in able to compete with the local market however I was not expecting Burgers, Tacos and Chicken Fried Steak (even if they call it Filet). Service was absolutly terrible and it would not suprise me if it was our servers first day as she seemed to forget that we were there. We dined about 8PM and she didn't know the menu or the specials for the day. On a good note, we tried the Fried Avacado topped with Crab (recommended by friends) and it was very interesting. Too bad the sauce was more of a plate garnish and not enough to actually consume with the avacado.
- Food was wonderful. Had aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012Food was wonderful. Had a very nice evening with my wife. We both enjoyed our meals and appitizers. Wasn't busy enough for our waiter not to notice our needs, had to look for him and get his attention.Special Features:
- Enjoyed celebrating our 62ndOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012Enjoyed celebrating our 62nd Wedding Anniversary dinner at Roaring Fork!Special Features:
- We have always enjoyed diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012We have always enjoyed dining at Roaring Fork.....esp.on Sun. mornings when delicious "sticky pecan" rolls are served. Granddaughter Emily Roby always enjoyed the SA spot and now continues to serve in Austin. See you again soon, Anne YeargainSpecial Features:
- I have been at Roaring ForkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2012I have been at Roaring Fork before with some friends and now I went with my family and we really enjoy it a lot.Special Features:
- A colleague and I had lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012A colleague and I had lunch on 8/28/12 to celebrate our respective birthdays that are one day apart. I had called for a reservation and my table was ready, and as a coincidence our server's birthday also happened to be the same day as mine. My friend and I talked for about 30 minutes before we ordered. Other restaurants might have pressured us to order and eat, but not Roaring Fork. Our server asked us only once if we were ready to order and then never bothered us again - wonderful. The food we ordered was very good - fish tacos for me and a salad with fried chicken for my guest. We also received a complimentary dessert (NY Cheesecake) for our birthdays; alas, no candles. I would recommend Roaring Fork for lunch.Special Features:
- Happy hour prices are GREAT,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2012Happy hour prices are GREAT, my bone in Ribeye is usually good however I had to send back to cook a little longer. When I received it back it was burned on the bottom, not a fan of charred steak. Service was great as usual.
- Food was good but we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012Food was good but we were disappointed in the service....exceptionally slow given the fact that the restuarant was not overly crowded.
- A bit pricey, but SO good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012A bit pricey, but SO good! Personally, for the price, this is more like a special occasion restaurant. We can't afford to eat there all the time, but we will definitely be going back on occasion!!Special Features:
- Our service was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Our service was wonderful. He was very friendly - gave us great suggestions. Food was excellentSpecial Features:
- DELISH!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Our waiter was phenomenal- she was so informative and respectful, we really enjoyed her. The food was SO DELICIOUS - their mashed potatoes are SO YUMMY and very flavorful. I really enjoyed my steak and my husband loved his Kobe burger. We also ordered the fried avocado with crab meat - SO GOOD! I also had a Mexican martini which was so good. I would definitely go back and recommend to everyone I know :)Special Features:
- Family Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012The food was very good and the atmosphere was pleasant. Both of my sons enjoyed their 16 oz New York Strip steaks and did not leave hungry. We were celebrating dual birthdays and this is an excellent choice for that special occasion.Special Features:
- Had a very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012Had a very nice experience until desert. Took almost 30 minutes to get 1 order of Rum Cake and Ice Cream. Ended the night on a sour note.Special Features:
- Little things that go a long wayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Nice touches to this place...simple things like bringing out a nice little free appetizer of stuffed dates. Pace was good during dinner. Although they were out of an appetizer my b/f wanted. His steak was fantastic. My carnitas were fine, a bit tasteless though. It depended on adding everything else to it for flavor. Lemontini was good. Even got a call back the next day thanking us for coming in. That was nice!Special Features:
- Enjoyed good food and very good serOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012We thought the food was excellent. A vegetable side order was enough to feed 2-3 people. It is somewhat expensive ($100 for 2 people including tip) - but it is a higher end more casual dining experience with some less formal menu items. Overall, very good!Special Features:
- I met clients for dinner there.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012I met clients for dinner there. The service was impeccable! I live two hours away but will be back soon!Special Features: