Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
10850 Stonelake Blvd
Austin, TX 75759Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 5123422700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Glenn Tabakian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: upon request
A word from Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
Roaring Fork offers bold American wood-fired cooking in refined atmosphere with rustic touches. Whether it's cocktails in the lounge, dinner in our comfortable dining room, or a leisurely lunch or weekend brunch on our open-air patio with panoramic views of Quarry Lake, Roaring Fork is the perfect place to relax with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (126)special occasion (118)scenic view (117)romantic (81)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (72)neighborhood gem (61)great for lunch (57)great for brunch (52)vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (30)notable wine list (28)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (11)Show More
- Great All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014From beginning to end the service and food was great. We requested a table outside but they were all either occupies or reserved which I did not know you could do. The host offered a compromise of a table next to the window which had a decent view of the neighboring lake. We had the center cut steaks which were very good and cooked correctly(medium rare). I would come back again, but would probably order something else due to the price of the steak and my budget. Don't get me wrong, it is priced right for the quality you are getting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Depends on the chefJJWilderDined on 10/25/2014We've been to the Roaring Fork a few times now and there are a couple of things on the menu that stand as our usuals but we tend to order at least one new item each time to try. The spinach waldorf chicken salad has always been one of my favorites, but honestly, the ingredients and how they are prepared tends to change each time I order it. This past time, the chef prepared it way too chunky - too many big pieces - so the salad really didn't mix well. The BA burger is also a favorite, but can vary in taste depending on the chef. The appetizers are usually good, but I would skip dessert altogether, as nothing we've had would be worth ordering again.Special Features:
- UnimpressedMytwocentsDined on 10/24/2014People in extremely casual dress, tee shirts and short pants. Gnats due to open patio doors. Little difference between medium rare and well done steaks. No kids menu. Staff was great though, on hand, prompt and polite. Service was good too. No one ever reached over a plate, except the people eating off it. Really pricey overall. Food was OK, not great. Steaks were thick, but for a place here in Texas, where open flames are a backyard tradition... open flames left a taste to be desired.Special Features:
- a reliable favoritewheredoweeatnextDined on 10/23/2014A beautiful place to eat or have happy hour in October. The sunset view from the deck is spectacular. We had bone in rib eye and rainbow trout. Both exactly as requested. The sides are a particularly great. Try the Mexican street corn. We had the mussels for an appetizer and they were fresh and in a delicious broth. This is a very reliable restaurant. I have visited a half dozen times and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Best kept secret in AustinPMANDined on 10/18/2014Overall, the food was good and fresh. You can't go wrong with any meat, poultry,seafood or salad entrees. Also, I really liked the seasonal pie desert. It was out of the ordinary and very good. I've been here twice and you'll get great food and prompt service all at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Great place to eatDionedesDined on 10/17/2014This was our first time eating here and we really enjoyed it. The food was great and reasonably priced for such a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning CustomerWinnerDined on 10/13/2014My girlfriend and I like to try new places to eat on our date nights just to be well versed in different restaurants in the Austin area. It was her birthday, so I was tasked with finding a romantic place for us to have dinner and celebrate her birthday. I had heard a couple people mention Roaring Fork, so I decided this was the place. Upon arrival the hostess was friendly, full of smiles and greeted us as soon as we walked in the door. Everyone was well polished and inviting. The food was great and out waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided excellent customer service. She liked the place and we are planning to go back and dine outside during sunset hours and for brunch. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- saladDined on 10/12/2014Unfortunately the service was poor. We had one drink waiter and our waitress and neither seemed to be up to speed. I also find it hard to believe that in this day and age the restaurant doesn't have a gluten free menu or more options other than 1 pork chop option. I then was forced to order a salad and it was tiny. I left hungry and totally not satisfied.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch1peachblossomDined on 10/12/2014The staff was friendly. Our waiter, Brandon, was good. The prices were very reasonable and the food was fresh and delicious. They also had excellent coffee and $5 mimosasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aaniversary14Dined on 10/7/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary this past week at Roaring Fork. I had reservations for 7:15 pm. When we arrived, the host seated us at a table in a high traffic area. I requested a different table and instead of seating us immediately at another table, he went back to check the board at the entry. This felt very awkward standing in the middle of the room waiting for his return. When he did seat us, it again was very clumsy because we collided when I tried to pull out my wife's chair. The night was not starting out very well but thank God for Lia. Her service was impeccable - she knew the specials, she made recommendations, she was fun to have as a waitperson. Also, the manager and the remaining staff were great. Great save.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roaring Fork - StonelakeCWalshDined on 10/5/2014Love this place for lunch or dinner! They always have a great selection of fresh seafood and our waitress, Jessica, did an outstanding job!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningschtoobsDined on 10/5/2014What a lovely dining experience. We went for a romantic anniversary dinner. We got a balcony table overlooking the water. Our waiter was very friendly and humored us by giving his own personal recommendations from the menu. But he also gave us time and space to make decisions. The food was absolutely superb. I had the daily special (mahi-mahi with mashed potatoes and asparagus) and my girlfriend had the bacon-wrapped pork loin with cheese grits and street corn. Both were fantastically scrumptious. We spent many silent minutes simply enjoying each bite. For dessert, I got the seasonal fruit pie (butternut squash) and she got the pecan pie. Delectable. Overall, a fantastic evening. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great managementLizLVIPDined on 10/5/2014I dined here with my out-of-town parents recently, and we were all very impressed by the ambiance on the back patio, the appetizers, and particularly the mac n cheese. The only problem was that my mother's soup came out cold, and unfortunately the waitress did not come and check on us after the food was delivered. When the waitress finally did come (after we were all done eating) we explained about the cold, uneaten soup. She apologized, and then the manager came over to apologize again. Of course he took the soup off the bill, and even went so far as to call me later to apologize AGAIN, and send me a gift card! I was VERY impressed by this level of service, and I can't wait to go back with my husband for date night!Special Features:
- Ambiance and deliciousness!BoomerMommaDined on 10/5/2014I used to swim at "the Quarry" -back in da day" Service is casual, but you still feel so taken care of. Food was great, and we celebrated in style. We really enjoyed the Happy Hour prices and the food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014We usually enjoy this restaurant; however, on our last visit our waiter not only served a wrong entree, only to delay our meal to correct the mistake, but then offered the check with the wrong entree included without much apology.Special Features:
- Patio dining among the live oaksWendeeDined on 10/4/2014We sat on the patio and enjoyed cocktails, wine, scallops, and dessert. The standout was melt in your mouth pork tenderloin, done to perfection and served with cheese grits and mexican corn - just delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightDckemperDined on 10/1/2014Had heard such great things about the restaurant and will chak this one up to an off night. Service was superb for the most part. The appetizer and dessert were both exceptional. Entrees fell WAY short of expectations. Had two of is the specials; grouper and a bone in rib eye. Grouper just tasted bad. Wrong combination of favors or bad fish, but it was wrong (they did rice this from the bill). The nine in rib eye was just a poor cut, but at $41 for the steak alone, I expected a lot more. Overly fatty, tough, and simply a bad cut but they didnt agree and I paid for a bad steak. Drinks are superb. Green chilly and pork kettle is a meal in itself and is exceptional. Their twist on pecan pie is amazing.
- Easy accesscymfDined on 9/29/2014Easy to reach from Central Austin for evening meal...courtesy and appreciation from helpful and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely sunsetTCUMomDined on 9/28/2014We were celebrating a relative's birthday and enjoyed the view of the quarry and the sunset from the deck. My seared tuna was perfectly prepared and came with a side of asparagus. My husband's pork shoulder dish was first rate with just the right seasoning. I found myself nibbling from his plate after mine was empty. A nice creme brûlée topped the meal for the birthday celebration. Service was attentive without being overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummycedarparkfoodieDined on 9/28/2014Lots to praise from the fried avocado and crab apps to the amazing creme brulee dessert. We went with another couple and had a wonderful time. The drinks were great, we had the specials and everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Hidden oasishillsandvalesDined on 9/28/2014A surprising find tucked away behind busy Research Blvd, Braker's etc, looking out on the small and pristine Stone Lake. Sunday brunch after 2pm was not at all crowded. With temperature in the low 80's, sitting out on the spacious patio was most pleasant. Service was excellent. Food-wise, there were ups and downs. The breakfast Taco was swimming in grease and more would drip with each bite. The fried avocado was surprisingly good, crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The pulled pork pancake was overwhelming. It could feed three! A fine combination of sweet and savory. Overall, worth more visits.Special Features:
- The Best Place in the World!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014I took my UT daughter and her roommate to Roaring Fork for a Sunday brunch surprise. We had never been. During the meal, my daughter said "This is the best RESTAURANT in the world". Her friend quickly responded... "This is the best PLACE in the world." Yes - a love experience all the way around! We ordered 4 entrees for the 3 of us because we simply couldn't narrow. The view of the quarry made the outside patio experience peaceful and relaxing. We loved it so much that I'm going back in a few weeks w/ my parents.Special Features:
- Can't beat it in Austindinner4twoVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have a hard time thinking of a better outdoor dining spot in Austin. I have been twice; once for a late evening dinner with my wife and once for a lunch with family & extended family. They gave great service both times. The food is very good and has a unique creative flare to typical dishes. If the weather is nice you should ask for the porch. It seems more energetic and noisy inside but I have not dined in there.Special Features:
- Austin's best business diningSeanDined on 9/24/2014I travel from Dallas to Austin for business regularly and the downtown and Stonelake Roaring Forks are both excellent for business lunches -- with impeccable service, fine food, and great ambiance. I strongly recommend.Special Features:
- NeeseDined on 9/24/2014Always a great choice for a business lunch - upscale surroundings, great food and service. The green chili pork appetizer is outstanding. I had the date salad and it was OK but small for the price. I wouldn't order that one again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHungryDined on 9/23/2014Justina is an absolute gem...she caters to her customers to ensure they have a great experience. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday DinnerAlisDined on 9/21/2014Good kid options Great cocktails Good food for all Lovely scenery and not super busy on a Sunday night.Special Features:
- Out of town guests in AustinNancyDined on 9/21/2014We wanted to treat out of town guests to a nice evening and dinner out. This is the first time we have been able to dine outside at Roaring Fork. The weather was perfect and the noise level was low so we were able to enjoy conversation and the great view. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was great, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-mazing!robinsnbDined on 9/21/2014My sister and I were looking for some waterside dining in the area and found Roaring Fork online. We decided to go for brunch and the weather was perfect. We sat outside on the patio with a gorgeous view of the water. The tree lined patio offered enough view of the water plus some shade. Even saw a few little squirrels scampering around. Our waiter, Jason, was AWESOME! He was attentive and very informed about the menu. I had the chef's woodfired frittata with side salad and it was delicious and well prepared. My sister had the smoke salmon eggs benedict, which I have to admit I stole a few bites of. It was wonderful! Jason always made sure our drinks were full and we were happy. Our experience here was the best we had while in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for usTheGBDined on 9/20/2014With many hard surfaces reflecting sound, our birthday-group celebration of nine people had a hard time hearing the wait staff, let alone each other. Alcohol was served promptly -- iced tea, not so much. The lighting was so low that we were joking about our inability to read the menus. All this said, everyone enjoyed their food selections. Most of us had the filet, although some ate fish, and everyone reported it enjoyable. Salads were very fresh and attractive. Two wait persons were assigned to our table, and they seemed to have trouble coordinating with each other. Pretty routine things (removing menus) were haphazardly done. When it was time for dessert, we receive only one dessert menu that all nine of us had to pass around.Special Features:
- Tad noisy outside8hungarianDined on 9/17/2014I organized a dinner meeting for 6, asked for a "quiet" area. They suggested outside, didnt work as well since it was still noisy, but we managed. Parking was also was a challenge, get there early if you want a space in their parking otherwise you'll have to hoof it from another parking lot further out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always really great.TimbaLooDined on 9/15/2014Every time we go to RF the food & service is just amazing. Wait staff are friendly & knowledgeable about menu. Keep it up folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for BirthdaysFoodLoverDined on 9/12/2014Roaring Fork made my mom's birthday a perfect night.Special Features:
- Terrific except for the noise!PrezDined on 9/11/2014Unless you eat outside (it was 100 degrees when we were there), the noise makes talking impossible.Special Features:
- Overall was okayLuv2eatDined on 9/6/2014First time here. At first the service started out good but then our server kept taking longer to come back and also there was a mix up and our appetizers did not arrive until after the food but the manager comped us on that. It did not seem overly busy but our server was not very attentive or came by very often to check on us. The food was great. Extremely good green chili and burgers. Overall a nice place for a moderately expensive lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAustinfoodieDined on 9/5/2014Went here for a late night dinner & it was very delicious. Extremely great service & the desserts were the absolute best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining spot, LakesideCakeyDined on 9/1/2014Love Roaring Fork Stonelake, dining by the lake and eating wonderful food. We had steaks with wine and the service was great. They are always consistent with the food and service. Great for romantic date night or with a group of friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2014Dined on Labor Day to take advantage of promotion RF had. RF was crowded and we waited a few minutes for table to be ready. Staff were friendly and apologized for delay. Shared mixed greens salad and chose as entrees the rainbow trout and cedar plank salmon. Food was delicious and ample. Service could have been better as it was necessary to summon wait staff on more than one occasion for drink refills and to receive check. Large group near our table were very loud and very demanding of wait staff time (same wait staff as us). Waiter mishandled processing of check and not noticed until reached home. Returned to RF and manager was very courteous in making adjustments to properly credit the meal that was supposed to be free. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014The food and drinks were great. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Delicious meallonghornladyDined on 9/1/2014Dining experience is always memorable, whether eating indoors or out. The food is always fresh and prepared as ordered. We've eaten both in the bar for happy hour and in the restaurant and either is ideal. A little disappointed this time in the fact that the reservation person acknowledged that we were celebrating my husband's birthday, but the server did not. We did not think that we'd have to mention it after we sat down, that there might be a notation somewhere that went directly from the reservation desk to the service area (maybe there is no protocol for that). We did not pursue it, but just enjoyed our meal. I was hoping that he might get a little something, but that aside, we will definitely continue going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.