Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
10850 Stonelake Blvd
Austin, TX 75759Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 5123422700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Glenn Tabakian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: upon request
A word from Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
Roaring Fork offers bold American wood-fired cooking in refined atmosphere with rustic touches. Whether it's cocktails in the lounge, dinner in our comfortable dining room, or a leisurely lunch or weekend brunch on our open-air patio with panoramic views of Quarry Lake, Roaring Fork is the perfect place to relax with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (113)special occasion (110)great for outdoor dining (109)romantic (79)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (70)neighborhood gem (56)great for lunch (54)great for brunch (52)vibrant bar scene (32)hot spot (25)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)Show More
- Easy accesscymfDined on 9/29/2014Easy to reach from Central Austin for evening meal...courtesy and appreciation from helpful and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely sunsetTCUMomDined on 9/28/2014We were celebrating a relative's birthday and enjoyed the view of the quarry and the sunset from the deck. My seared tuna was perfectly prepared and came with a side of asparagus. My husband's pork shoulder dish was first rate with just the right seasoning. I found myself nibbling from his plate after mine was empty. A nice creme brûlée topped the meal for the birthday celebration. Service was attentive without being overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Lots to praise from the fried avocado and crab apps to the amazing creme brulee dessert. We went with another couple and had a wonderful time. The drinks were great, we had the specials and everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Hidden oasisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014A surprising find tucked away behind busy Research Blvd, Braker's etc, looking out on the small and pristine Stone Lake. Sunday brunch after 2pm was not at all crowded. With temperature in the low 80's, sitting out on the spacious patio was most pleasant. Service was excellent. Food-wise, there were ups and downs. The breakfast Taco was swimming in grease and more would drip with each bite. The fried avocado was surprisingly good, crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The pulled pork pancake was overwhelming. It could feed three! A fine combination of sweet and savory. Overall, worth more visits.Special Features:
- The Best Place in the World!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014I took my UT daughter and her roommate to Roaring Fork for a Sunday brunch surprise. We had never been. During the meal, my daughter said "This is the best RESTAURANT in the world". Her friend quickly responded... "This is the best PLACE in the world." Yes - a love experience all the way around! We ordered 4 entrees for the 3 of us because we simply couldn't narrow. The view of the quarry made the outside patio experience peaceful and relaxing. We loved it so much that I'm going back in a few weeks w/ my parents.Special Features:
- Can't beat it in Austindinner4twoVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have a hard time thinking of a better outdoor dining spot in Austin. I have been twice; once for a late evening dinner with my wife and once for a lunch with family & extended family. They gave great service both times. The food is very good and has a unique creative flare to typical dishes. If the weather is nice you should ask for the porch. It seems more energetic and noisy inside but I have not dined in there.Special Features:
- Austin's best business diningSeanDined on 9/24/2014I travel from Dallas to Austin for business regularly and the downtown and Stonelake Roaring Forks are both excellent for business lunches -- with impeccable service, fine food, and great ambiance. I strongly recommend.Special Features:
- NeeseDined on 9/24/2014Always a great choice for a business lunch - upscale surroundings, great food and service. The green chili pork appetizer is outstanding. I had the date salad and it was OK but small for the price. I wouldn't order that one again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHungryDined on 9/23/2014Justina is an absolute gem...she caters to her customers to ensure they have a great experience. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday DinnerAlisDined on 9/21/2014Good kid options Great cocktails Good food for all Lovely scenery and not super busy on a Sunday night.Special Features:
- Out of town guests in AustinNancyDined on 9/21/2014We wanted to treat out of town guests to a nice evening and dinner out. This is the first time we have been able to dine outside at Roaring Fork. The weather was perfect and the noise level was low so we were able to enjoy conversation and the great view. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was great, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-mazing!robinsnbDined on 9/21/2014My sister and I were looking for some waterside dining in the area and found Roaring Fork online. We decided to go for brunch and the weather was perfect. We sat outside on the patio with a gorgeous view of the water. The tree lined patio offered enough view of the water plus some shade. Even saw a few little squirrels scampering around. Our waiter, Jason, was AWESOME! He was attentive and very informed about the menu. I had the chef's woodfired frittata with side salad and it was delicious and well prepared. My sister had the smoke salmon eggs benedict, which I have to admit I stole a few bites of. It was wonderful! Jason always made sure our drinks were full and we were happy. Our experience here was the best we had while in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for usTheGBDined on 9/20/2014With many hard surfaces reflecting sound, our birthday-group celebration of nine people had a hard time hearing the wait staff, let alone each other. Alcohol was served promptly -- iced tea, not so much. The lighting was so low that we were joking about our inability to read the menus. All this said, everyone enjoyed their food selections. Most of us had the filet, although some ate fish, and everyone reported it enjoyable. Salads were very fresh and attractive. Two wait persons were assigned to our table, and they seemed to have trouble coordinating with each other. Pretty routine things (removing menus) were haphazardly done. When it was time for dessert, we receive only one dessert menu that all nine of us had to pass around.Special Features:
- Tad noisy outside8hungarianDined on 9/17/2014I organized a dinner meeting for 6, asked for a "quiet" area. They suggested outside, didnt work as well since it was still noisy, but we managed. Parking was also was a challenge, get there early if you want a space in their parking otherwise you'll have to hoof it from another parking lot further out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always really great.TimbaLooDined on 9/15/2014Every time we go to RF the food & service is just amazing. Wait staff are friendly & knowledgeable about menu. Keep it up folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for BirthdaysFoodLoverDined on 9/12/2014Roaring Fork made my mom's birthday a perfect night.Special Features:
- Terrific except for the noise!PrezDined on 9/11/2014Unless you eat outside (it was 100 degrees when we were there), the noise makes talking impossible.Special Features:
- Overall was okayLuv2eatDined on 9/6/2014First time here. At first the service started out good but then our server kept taking longer to come back and also there was a mix up and our appetizers did not arrive until after the food but the manager comped us on that. It did not seem overly busy but our server was not very attentive or came by very often to check on us. The food was great. Extremely good green chili and burgers. Overall a nice place for a moderately expensive lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAustinfoodieDined on 9/5/2014Went here for a late night dinner & it was very delicious. Extremely great service & the desserts were the absolute best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining spot, LakesideCakeyDined on 9/1/2014Love Roaring Fork Stonelake, dining by the lake and eating wonderful food. We had steaks with wine and the service was great. They are always consistent with the food and service. Great for romantic date night or with a group of friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2014Dined on Labor Day to take advantage of promotion RF had. RF was crowded and we waited a few minutes for table to be ready. Staff were friendly and apologized for delay. Shared mixed greens salad and chose as entrees the rainbow trout and cedar plank salmon. Food was delicious and ample. Service could have been better as it was necessary to summon wait staff on more than one occasion for drink refills and to receive check. Large group near our table were very loud and very demanding of wait staff time (same wait staff as us). Waiter mishandled processing of check and not noticed until reached home. Returned to RF and manager was very courteous in making adjustments to properly credit the meal that was supposed to be free. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014The food and drinks were great. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Delicious meallonghornladyDined on 9/1/2014Dining experience is always memorable, whether eating indoors or out. The food is always fresh and prepared as ordered. We've eaten both in the bar for happy hour and in the restaurant and either is ideal. A little disappointed this time in the fact that the reservation person acknowledged that we were celebrating my husband's birthday, but the server did not. We did not think that we'd have to mention it after we sat down, that there might be a notation somewhere that went directly from the reservation desk to the service area (maybe there is no protocol for that). We did not pursue it, but just enjoyed our meal. I was hoping that he might get a little something, but that aside, we will definitely continue going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014This is the first time that I was disappointed with my dinner. I usually order the Cornitas..which are great. I decided to try your beef shank ribs, and they were mostly fat and did not have much flavor. My husband ordered the Blackened Redfish, and he said it was great. I should have told the waiter that I was not happy with my selection, but we were with friends and did not want them to think that it wasn't a good place to come. Linda HagenSpecial Features:
- Always an enjoyable timeveekDined on 9/1/2014We've been to RF Stonelake many times and we always enjoy ourselves. Food is consistently very good, and ambiance is lovely - overlooking the quarry, you're hardly aware that you are 1/2 mile from a highway. On this particular visit, service was not up to par - which surprised us because they're usually consistently friendly and professional. This guy did not tell us about happy hour, nor did he tell us the daily specials. He spilled water on the table as he poured it and did not apologize nor clean it up. He said "it'll dry". Huh? He also took our drink order at 3:55, didn't deliver drinks until after 4 (HH begins at 4) and charged us full price. Come on, bro - if you are going to succeed at RF, you are going to have to step up your game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchCathcamVIPDined on 8/31/2014We made a late reservation (via opentable) for an early dinner and were seated promptly, they accommodated our request for inside seating, outdoors by the lake looked good though. We ordered the split roast chicken breast and a fillet steak on special, plus just two glasses of red, a pinot and a cab. Both wines were good; but there was an extended wait for the food. The chicken was great, hot, well presented and garnished, dressed well. The Steak, not so much. It was cooked well, but I would guess was left waiting while the chicken was cooked/finished. Overall this stopped a higher rating, but it wasn't worth sending the steak back and the delay and frustration that would have caused.Special Features:
- Friends Visiting TownmoonlightDined on 8/30/2014We were trying to find a place that was not a 'chain', had good food; and had an enjoyable atmosphere. Roaring Fork! We had a wonderful visit, our waiter Michael was sweet, funny and right on top of everything. The food was delicious! I had never tried mussels before, and what a treat! Grouper, steak, salad, it was all wonderful. No one tried to rush us out the door, and since we had not seen our friends for several years, this was really nice. It was actually our anniversary night out, but we didn't mention it. We got very nice attentive treatment without making a big deal of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningkatdDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Roaring Fork and had a wonderful evening. The food and service were excellent and the ambiance superb. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Had a wonderful experience. 50th wedding anniversary and the waitress and staff were so kind in helping us make it a special meal/event for my parents. Service was excellent and the food was awesome too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place!JimCDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant has it all. The food is consistently wonderful, the service has always been great, and the view is very nice. I had the grilled scallops and my partner had the filet; both were superb. During the dinner hour, the noise level can get too high, as far as I'm concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PretentiousLunchLadyDined on 8/28/2014Not a welcoming environment, that's for sure! It seems they're trying too hard to be the hippest, coolest new thing, when... they're not. While the food was good, it wasn't exceptional and surely didn't justify the price. Austin has too many other choices where customers can feel appreciated and receive a good value.Special Features:
- The place for your lunch today!Rip2014Dined on 8/27/2014Although, they serve dinner as well, their lunch specials and burgers are really top notch. This time I got their green chili stew and it was awesome as well. Also ordered their baked trout and it was prepared and tasted really over the top. Very fresh and it is topped with a grilled lemon that adds a new flavor to the overall taste. Don't miss out on ordering their burgers also that come with some of the best french fries in Austin. And must remember the small complimentary cornbread muffins that are served when you are seated. Could nearly make a meal just on those. And their wait staff is always very friendly and courteous which is somewhat of a rarity in a lot of the restaurants today that are busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodTBear555Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I love the ambiance next to Quarry Lake. The building is modern and comfortable with an upscale and inviting feeling. The food, while not trendy, is excellent. We had the Ahi Tuna steak and a filet mignon -- both excellent. The wait staff was nice and friendly. We will return.Special Features:
- GreatsmithdianagDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant met and exceeded everything I was told. Very good service, great food and it wasn't loud. I could here my friend talking. We will come back. The cedar plank salmon was exceptional. My friend had the rainbow trout and she loved it. We shared the green chili Mac and cheese a little burst of spice.Special Features:
- One of our favoriteschunionDined on 8/21/2014Had the pork tenderloin (again) and one of their great mango margaritas. Super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!bigLDined on 8/18/2014You can't go wrong at this restaurant. Great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Burger!MexiaGangDined on 8/18/2014So I'm not a froo froo eater, but I do know a good burger when I eat one. I had mine cooked medium-well, and it was incredible. The rest of my party had salads and fish. Can't speak for their meals, but the bacon burger....omg. Our service was incredible. The waiter got everything right, even the "no veggies on the burger", and the water refill lady was on top of her game. Thank you for the great lunch and relaxing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Me and my boyfriends first time here and it was amazing nothing bad to say about this place. The restaurant itself is beautiful with a nice outside dining area, the service was great and fast. The staff is very friendly and they all work together. The food was delicious, great portions! Definitely recommend the Queso con Puerco for an appetizer it was to die for. I had the half chicken for my entrée and it was so good and I had leftovers. Our bill was very reasonable ($70) for an appetizer, a salad, 2 alcoholic beverages and 2 entrees. This is definitely a must go to place every time I am in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho-hum - :-)TandJDined on 8/16/2014For our second visit to Roaring Fork we met our son and recent bride at the restaurant. Was kind of last minute and was able to get a reservation on the short notice using Open Table. I meant ho-hum in the most sarcastic of ways! We had wonderful service from Fred our waiter, and the meals were fantastic. Would highly recommend this to anyone for an awesome dining experience.Special Features:
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The food is truly delicious! My only complaint was that the sun was in my eyes, making it uncomfortable, The ambience is average but the view of the lake is a pleasent plus,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.