Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
10850 Stonelake Blvd
Austin, TX 75759Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 5123422700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Glenn Tabakian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: upon request
A word from Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
Roaring Fork offers bold American wood-fired cooking in refined atmosphere with rustic touches. Whether it's cocktails in the lounge, dinner in our comfortable dining room, or a leisurely lunch or weekend brunch on our open-air patio with panoramic views of Quarry Lake, Roaring Fork is the perfect place to relax with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (110)special occasion (105)great for outdoor dining (100)romantic (77)good for groups (65)fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (51)great for lunch (51)great for brunch (48)vibrant bar scene (33)notable wine list (21)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (10)Show More
- Tad noisy outside8hungarianDined on 9/17/2014I organized a dinner meeting for 6, asked for a "quiet" area. They suggested outside, didnt work as well since it was still noisy, but we managed. Parking was also was a challenge, get there early if you want a space in their parking otherwise you'll have to hoof it from another parking lot further out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always really great.TimbaLooDined on 9/15/2014Every time we go to RF the food & service is just amazing. Wait staff are friendly & knowledgeable about menu. Keep it up folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for BirthdaysFoodLoverDined on 9/12/2014Roaring Fork made my mom's birthday a perfect night.Special Features:
- Terrific except for the noise!PrezDined on 9/11/2014Unless you eat outside (it was 100 degrees when we were there), the noise makes talking impossible.Special Features:
- Overall was okayLuv2eatDined on 9/6/2014First time here. At first the service started out good but then our server kept taking longer to come back and also there was a mix up and our appetizers did not arrive until after the food but the manager comped us on that. It did not seem overly busy but our server was not very attentive or came by very often to check on us. The food was great. Extremely good green chili and burgers. Overall a nice place for a moderately expensive lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAustinfoodieDined on 9/5/2014Went here for a late night dinner & it was very delicious. Extremely great service & the desserts were the absolute best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining spot, LakesideCakeyDined on 9/1/2014Love Roaring Fork Stonelake, dining by the lake and eating wonderful food. We had steaks with wine and the service was great. They are always consistent with the food and service. Great for romantic date night or with a group of friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2014Dined on Labor Day to take advantage of promotion RF had. RF was crowded and we waited a few minutes for table to be ready. Staff were friendly and apologized for delay. Shared mixed greens salad and chose as entrees the rainbow trout and cedar plank salmon. Food was delicious and ample. Service could have been better as it was necessary to summon wait staff on more than one occasion for drink refills and to receive check. Large group near our table were very loud and very demanding of wait staff time (same wait staff as us). Waiter mishandled processing of check and not noticed until reached home. Returned to RF and manager was very courteous in making adjustments to properly credit the meal that was supposed to be free. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014The food and drinks were great. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Delicious meallonghornladyDined on 9/1/2014Dining experience is always memorable, whether eating indoors or out. The food is always fresh and prepared as ordered. We've eaten both in the bar for happy hour and in the restaurant and either is ideal. A little disappointed this time in the fact that the reservation person acknowledged that we were celebrating my husband's birthday, but the server did not. We did not think that we'd have to mention it after we sat down, that there might be a notation somewhere that went directly from the reservation desk to the service area (maybe there is no protocol for that). We did not pursue it, but just enjoyed our meal. I was hoping that he might get a little something, but that aside, we will definitely continue going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014This is the first time that I was disappointed with my dinner. I usually order the Cornitas..which are great. I decided to try your beef shank ribs, and they were mostly fat and did not have much flavor. My husband ordered the Blackened Redfish, and he said it was great. I should have told the waiter that I was not happy with my selection, but we were with friends and did not want them to think that it wasn't a good place to come. Linda HagenSpecial Features:
- Always an enjoyable timeveekDined on 9/1/2014We've been to RF Stonelake many times and we always enjoy ourselves. Food is consistently very good, and ambiance is lovely - overlooking the quarry, you're hardly aware that you are 1/2 mile from a highway. On this particular visit, service was not up to par - which surprised us because they're usually consistently friendly and professional. This guy did not tell us about happy hour, nor did he tell us the daily specials. He spilled water on the table as he poured it and did not apologize nor clean it up. He said "it'll dry". Huh? He also took our drink order at 3:55, didn't deliver drinks until after 4 (HH begins at 4) and charged us full price. Come on, bro - if you are going to succeed at RF, you are going to have to step up your game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchCathcamVIPDined on 8/31/2014We made a late reservation (via opentable) for an early dinner and were seated promptly, they accommodated our request for inside seating, outdoors by the lake looked good though. We ordered the split roast chicken breast and a fillet steak on special, plus just two glasses of red, a pinot and a cab. Both wines were good; but there was an extended wait for the food. The chicken was great, hot, well presented and garnished, dressed well. The Steak, not so much. It was cooked well, but I would guess was left waiting while the chicken was cooked/finished. Overall this stopped a higher rating, but it wasn't worth sending the steak back and the delay and frustration that would have caused.Special Features:
- Friends Visiting TownmoonlightDined on 8/30/2014We were trying to find a place that was not a 'chain', had good food; and had an enjoyable atmosphere. Roaring Fork! We had a wonderful visit, our waiter Michael was sweet, funny and right on top of everything. The food was delicious! I had never tried mussels before, and what a treat! Grouper, steak, salad, it was all wonderful. No one tried to rush us out the door, and since we had not seen our friends for several years, this was really nice. It was actually our anniversary night out, but we didn't mention it. We got very nice attentive treatment without making a big deal of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningkatdDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Roaring Fork and had a wonderful evening. The food and service were excellent and the ambiance superb. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Had a wonderful experience. 50th wedding anniversary and the waitress and staff were so kind in helping us make it a special meal/event for my parents. Service was excellent and the food was awesome too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place!JimCDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant has it all. The food is consistently wonderful, the service has always been great, and the view is very nice. I had the grilled scallops and my partner had the filet; both were superb. During the dinner hour, the noise level can get too high, as far as I'm concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PretentiousLunchLadyDined on 8/28/2014Not a welcoming environment, that's for sure! It seems they're trying too hard to be the hippest, coolest new thing, when... they're not. While the food was good, it wasn't exceptional and surely didn't justify the price. Austin has too many other choices where customers can feel appreciated and receive a good value.Special Features:
- The place for your lunch today!Rip2014Dined on 8/27/2014Although, they serve dinner as well, their lunch specials and burgers are really top notch. This time I got their green chili stew and it was awesome as well. Also ordered their baked trout and it was prepared and tasted really over the top. Very fresh and it is topped with a grilled lemon that adds a new flavor to the overall taste. Don't miss out on ordering their burgers also that come with some of the best french fries in Austin. And must remember the small complimentary cornbread muffins that are served when you are seated. Could nearly make a meal just on those. And their wait staff is always very friendly and courteous which is somewhat of a rarity in a lot of the restaurants today that are busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodTBear555Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I love the ambiance next to Quarry Lake. The building is modern and comfortable with an upscale and inviting feeling. The food, while not trendy, is excellent. We had the Ahi Tuna steak and a filet mignon -- both excellent. The wait staff was nice and friendly. We will return.Special Features:
- GreatsmithdianagDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant met and exceeded everything I was told. Very good service, great food and it wasn't loud. I could here my friend talking. We will come back. The cedar plank salmon was exceptional. My friend had the rainbow trout and she loved it. We shared the green chili Mac and cheese a little burst of spice.Special Features:
- One of our favoriteschunionDined on 8/21/2014Had the pork tenderloin (again) and one of their great mango margaritas. Super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!bigLDined on 8/18/2014You can't go wrong at this restaurant. Great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Burger!MexiaGangDined on 8/18/2014So I'm not a froo froo eater, but I do know a good burger when I eat one. I had mine cooked medium-well, and it was incredible. The rest of my party had salads and fish. Can't speak for their meals, but the bacon burger....omg. Our service was incredible. The waiter got everything right, even the "no veggies on the burger", and the water refill lady was on top of her game. Thank you for the great lunch and relaxing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Me and my boyfriends first time here and it was amazing nothing bad to say about this place. The restaurant itself is beautiful with a nice outside dining area, the service was great and fast. The staff is very friendly and they all work together. The food was delicious, great portions! Definitely recommend the Queso con Puerco for an appetizer it was to die for. I had the half chicken for my entrée and it was so good and I had leftovers. Our bill was very reasonable ($70) for an appetizer, a salad, 2 alcoholic beverages and 2 entrees. This is definitely a must go to place every time I am in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho-hum - :-)TandJDined on 8/16/2014For our second visit to Roaring Fork we met our son and recent bride at the restaurant. Was kind of last minute and was able to get a reservation on the short notice using Open Table. I meant ho-hum in the most sarcastic of ways! We had wonderful service from Fred our waiter, and the meals were fantastic. Would highly recommend this to anyone for an awesome dining experience.Special Features:
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The food is truly delicious! My only complaint was that the sun was in my eyes, making it uncomfortable, The ambience is average but the view of the lake is a pleasent plus,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerFrequentdinerDined on 8/14/2014Having made reservations, we were seated very quickly. The waitstaff went to work taking care of us. We ordered mussels with chorizo, which is our favorite. But there was almost no chorizo and compared to past orders, there were roughly 2/3 to 3/4 of the usual amount of mussels. Top it off with the lack of a bowl to place the empty shells in and I'd say the dish was substandard. As far as the resturaunt, someone should monitor the dining room temperature. It was uncomfortably COLD to the point that I went outside to thaw out. However it was a big distraction to our experience and caused us to rush through dinner. Much too cold, it seemed like an operating room at the hospital.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, so so service...freakyboyDined on 8/14/2014Been to Roaring Fork several times. The food is very good. The reason for knocking off 2 stars is the service. Everything was cool up until paying the check came around. Received one bill to have it swapped out right before taking my credit card. The waiter, Joshua, stated he forgot to take off a dessert due to it being a party member's birthday. When I received it back, I looked closer and it actually had a dessert added, not removed. If he would have just been honest about it and stated he forgot to add a dessert instead of trying to cover his mistake with an outright lie, all would have been cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGupsuDined on 8/12/2014This was our 3rd visit to Roaring Fork and each time tops the last. I had the blackened redfish and the green chili stew appetizer and it was all perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stunningBlckburnDined on 8/9/2014In a word, a stunning place. The beautiful, modern decor with the open kitchens combined with the smell of the wood-fired ovens and the incredible view make for a fantastic place. The food was heavenly and the service excellent. Hint: Try the Lamb Chop Fondue (even if you are not a fan of lamb) - the combination of flavors were shockingly good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelhelloDined on 8/9/2014Good food, good service but the four of us had a difficult time hearing each other at our table. Enjoyed everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dlsrbDined on 8/9/2014Superb food from appetizer through dessert! The fish dishes were especially good.Special Features:
- mmm...steakdoihav2Dined on 8/8/2014I ordered the filet oscar, medium rare--they brought it out rare, but once I sent it back, the steak returned perfect and tasted fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went for dinner on Friday and were not impressed at all with the food or the service. We had to wait quite awhile before we were even served water. Then my husband had ice tea and his cup was never refilled until we flagged down our waiter. We will not be going back nor we will recommend it to anyone else. Very dissapointed for the amount of service we didn't receive for the amount of money that we spent.
- PSES0513Dined on 8/1/2014Food was terrific, especially loved fried avacodo appet. & pecan pie dessert. Wait staff was very attentive. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigRed44Dined on 7/26/2014Very nice restaurant for special occasions. Took my parents there for my anniversary. It was awesome. Great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasurable Dining ExperienceJayWDined on 7/25/2014The food, decor, view, service and pricing matched the reviews I had read. It was 5 minutes from the hotel by freeway, so convenient. Definitely want to return here to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely location and ServiceSFAEVIPDined on 7/23/2014This is a nice place to go with a group. Views of the pond/lake, and very open feeling. The service was great. I wish I could say the same about the food. Very salty, not very healthy, and just barely ok.
- Roaring Fork BrunchAustinEaterDined on 7/20/2014Back for brunch for the second time in July! The food is always great and the service was attentive and friendly though our waiter was not that knowledgeable about the food. I had Banana Foster French Toast. Really delicious and just right portion size. Our table also had the Spinach Salad and the Pork with Herb Pancakes. Everyone loved their meals. The ambiance is very nice here. They have a great patio but it was too hot this time of year to sit out. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.