Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
10850 Stonelake Blvd
Austin, TX 75759Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: (512) 342-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Glenn Tabakian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: upon request
A word from Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
Roaring Fork offers bold American wood-fired cooking in refined atmosphere with rustic touches. Whether it's cocktails in the lounge, dinner in our comfortable dining room, or a leisurely lunch or weekend brunch on our open-air patio with panoramic views of Quarry Lake, Roaring Fork is the perfect place to relax with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (123)special occasion (115)scenic view (100)romantic (82)good for groups (75)fit for foodies (72)great for lunch (57)neighborhood gem (56)great for brunch (43)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (32)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (10)Show More
- Great place to dine outdoorsArsenalGunnerDined on 11/23/2014Great outdoor dining area. The service is always great and we've eaten here several times. The steaks are to die for. Cowboy cut ribeye is out of this world. If they have prime rib, jump on it. Mesquite grilled, it has a wonderful smoky flavor and is so tender you don't need a knife. Also the Mexican street corn is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambiancekatdDined on 11/23/2014Roaring Fork is our favorite Austin restaurant. The quality of the food is excellent as is the service and the ambiance is great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timembreconDined on 11/22/2014Went there for our 23rd anniversary. The food was great. The light was too low for me, hard to read the menu. It also limits the presentation of the food. Recommend this for anyone wanting a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date place!Kristen24Dined on 11/16/2014My husband and I came here to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. We had wonderful service. The queso appetizer was so delicious! It was cold inside, which was unfortunate since it was cold and rainy outside. Overall great place and I'd definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGTZimmermanDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I absolutely love Roaring Fork. We like making reservations and dining at an early time so that it's not too noisy. Definitely would recommend!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, poor service started with receptionist.B4MeDined on 11/14/2014We arrived at exactly 5:30PM, the time of our reservations. The receptionist was on the phone, and another person at the receptions counter ignored us. We waited while the receptionist kept talking on the phone without aven an acknowledgment. The Resturant wasn't busy in the main room, only 2 other partys were seated, but the bar was full and moderately loud. We wandered around near receptionist area for what seemed like an eternity until someone else helped us. Still no acknowledgement by the receptionist. We asked for a seat. Ear the window and were told a very large party was coming and no seats were available. We offered a booth, then taken to one of 4 unoccupied booths, but the only one with a large group less than a foot away directly in front. We ask to be seated in another. Lots, and were told those had been assigned. My next question was how do you reserve booth and were told, that the receptionist looks at a list and does the assigning. I insisted that we be seated in a booth away from the large party. We were left in the dining room for several minutes as our seating was discussed in our full viewing by several people. Then we were seat in a booth. When our server finally got to us, we ordered and were glad we did not abandon in frustration. The food was delicious. We dined and finished in about an hour, during which time, none of the other booths were occupied. Assigned, but not occupied. I won't be returning, but we did enjoy the food. No sure why service was so poor. We were in town for an annual fundraiser to do good deeds and give money for a charity. We didn't feel this charity or goodwill from an establishment where you pay for service and consideration.Special Features:
- ExcellentMDRJR512Dined on 11/11/2014Really clean. Place was packed which is always good. Burger and Steak were fabulous. Great taste IMO. Was cold out but has a nice patio area and bar. Was treated world class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cattlemsn1954Dined on 11/9/2014We weny to brunch at the Roaring Fork's North Austin location for my wife's birthday. The setting of the restaurant is very secluded and tranquil with great views of a small lake. The service was excellent and the food was fantastic. This was our first time to dine at this location,but certainly won't be our last.Special Features:
- BaronBaronDined on 11/5/2014Great experience, pleasant surprise! Excellent Service, food and ambiance... I would return for sure.Special Features:
- 2nd TrySeasonedDinerDined on 10/31/2014We gave them a second shot after a couple of years thinking there must be something since they are fairly busy. However it did not take long to see we were mistaken. The food was very salty, both the trout and the New York strip. The steak was also undercooked for medium. For the price we expect them to be able to cook a steak and not kill the taste with salt. I wish it was better as it is a nice secluded place to go close to the house.
- Wonderful!!!!SherlockVIPDined on 10/31/2014In the area for the Formula 1 race, this restaurant was recommended by a friend living in Austin, IT was great the best 8oz steak I have had in years, so good in fact we went back again on another evening and had the salmon plank which was superb! Service excellent both evening!!!!Special Features:
- good atmosphereishvaraDined on 10/30/2014The restaurant has an open floor plan and high ceiling that creates a feeling of spaciousness overlooking the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner on all points!SFOtoAUSDined on 10/29/2014I'm new to Austin (who isn't...) and was so glad to find such a wonderful restaurant so near to me! Introduced to the restaurant for a happy hour meeting, I have since been back for dinner and it continued to be outstanding. Roaring forks has it all - ambiance, view, food, wonderful twists to "classic" dishes.Special Features:
- Great All Aroundcsra88Dined on 10/25/2014From beginning to end the service and food was great. We requested a table outside but they were all either occupies or reserved which I did not know you could do. The host offered a compromise of a table next to the window which had a decent view of the neighboring lake. We had the center cut steaks which were very good and cooked correctly(medium rare). I would come back again, but would probably order something else due to the price of the steak and my budget. Don't get me wrong, it is priced right for the quality you are getting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Depends on the chefJJWilderDined on 10/25/2014We've been to the Roaring Fork a few times now and there are a couple of things on the menu that stand as our usuals but we tend to order at least one new item each time to try. The spinach waldorf chicken salad has always been one of my favorites, but honestly, the ingredients and how they are prepared tends to change each time I order it. This past time, the chef prepared it way too chunky - too many big pieces - so the salad really didn't mix well. The BA burger is also a favorite, but can vary in taste depending on the chef. The appetizers are usually good, but I would skip dessert altogether, as nothing we've had would be worth ordering again.Special Features:
- UnimpressedMytwocentsDined on 10/24/2014People in extremely casual dress, tee shirts and short pants. Gnats due to open patio doors. Little difference between medium rare and well done steaks. No kids menu. Staff was great though, on hand, prompt and polite. Service was good too. No one ever reached over a plate, except the people eating off it. Really pricey overall. Food was OK, not great. Steaks were thick, but for a place here in Texas, where open flames are a backyard tradition... open flames left a taste to be desired.Special Features:
- a reliable favoritewheredoweeatnextDined on 10/23/2014A beautiful place to eat or have happy hour in October. The sunset view from the deck is spectacular. We had bone in rib eye and rainbow trout. Both exactly as requested. The sides are a particularly great. Try the Mexican street corn. We had the mussels for an appetizer and they were fresh and in a delicious broth. This is a very reliable restaurant. I have visited a half dozen times and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Best kept secret in AustinPMANDined on 10/18/2014Overall, the food was good and fresh. You can't go wrong with any meat, poultry,seafood or salad entrees. Also, I really liked the seasonal pie desert. It was out of the ordinary and very good. I've been here twice and you'll get great food and prompt service all at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Great place to eatDionedesDined on 10/17/2014This was our first time eating here and we really enjoyed it. The food was great and reasonably priced for such a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning CustomerWinnerDined on 10/13/2014My girlfriend and I like to try new places to eat on our date nights just to be well versed in different restaurants in the Austin area. It was her birthday, so I was tasked with finding a romantic place for us to have dinner and celebrate her birthday. I had heard a couple people mention Roaring Fork, so I decided this was the place. Upon arrival the hostess was friendly, full of smiles and greeted us as soon as we walked in the door. Everyone was well polished and inviting. The food was great and out waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided excellent customer service. She liked the place and we are planning to go back and dine outside during sunset hours and for brunch. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- saladDined on 10/12/2014Unfortunately the service was poor. We had one drink waiter and our waitress and neither seemed to be up to speed. I also find it hard to believe that in this day and age the restaurant doesn't have a gluten free menu or more options other than 1 pork chop option. I then was forced to order a salad and it was tiny. I left hungry and totally not satisfied.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch1peachblossomDined on 10/12/2014The staff was friendly. Our waiter, Brandon, was good. The prices were very reasonable and the food was fresh and delicious. They also had excellent coffee and $5 mimosasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aaniversary14Dined on 10/7/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary this past week at Roaring Fork. I had reservations for 7:15 pm. When we arrived, the host seated us at a table in a high traffic area. I requested a different table and instead of seating us immediately at another table, he went back to check the board at the entry. This felt very awkward standing in the middle of the room waiting for his return. When he did seat us, it again was very clumsy because we collided when I tried to pull out my wife's chair. The night was not starting out very well but thank God for Lia. Her service was impeccable - she knew the specials, she made recommendations, she was fun to have as a waitperson. Also, the manager and the remaining staff were great. Great save.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roaring Fork - StonelakeCWalshDined on 10/5/2014Love this place for lunch or dinner! They always have a great selection of fresh seafood and our waitress, Jessica, did an outstanding job!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningschtoobsDined on 10/5/2014What a lovely dining experience. We went for a romantic anniversary dinner. We got a balcony table overlooking the water. Our waiter was very friendly and humored us by giving his own personal recommendations from the menu. But he also gave us time and space to make decisions. The food was absolutely superb. I had the daily special (mahi-mahi with mashed potatoes and asparagus) and my girlfriend had the bacon-wrapped pork loin with cheese grits and street corn. Both were fantastically scrumptious. We spent many silent minutes simply enjoying each bite. For dessert, I got the seasonal fruit pie (butternut squash) and she got the pecan pie. Delectable. Overall, a fantastic evening. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great managementLizLVIPDined on 10/5/2014I dined here with my out-of-town parents recently, and we were all very impressed by the ambiance on the back patio, the appetizers, and particularly the mac n cheese. The only problem was that my mother's soup came out cold, and unfortunately the waitress did not come and check on us after the food was delivered. When the waitress finally did come (after we were all done eating) we explained about the cold, uneaten soup. She apologized, and then the manager came over to apologize again. Of course he took the soup off the bill, and even went so far as to call me later to apologize AGAIN, and send me a gift card! I was VERY impressed by this level of service, and I can't wait to go back with my husband for date night!Special Features:
- Ambiance and deliciousness!BoomerMommaDined on 10/5/2014I used to swim at "the Quarry" -back in da day" Service is casual, but you still feel so taken care of. Food was great, and we celebrated in style. We really enjoyed the Happy Hour prices and the food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014We usually enjoy this restaurant; however, on our last visit our waiter not only served a wrong entree, only to delay our meal to correct the mistake, but then offered the check with the wrong entree included without much apology.Special Features:
- Patio dining among the live oaksWendeeDined on 10/4/2014We sat on the patio and enjoyed cocktails, wine, scallops, and dessert. The standout was melt in your mouth pork tenderloin, done to perfection and served with cheese grits and mexican corn - just delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightDckemperDined on 10/1/2014Had heard such great things about the restaurant and will chak this one up to an off night. Service was superb for the most part. The appetizer and dessert were both exceptional. Entrees fell WAY short of expectations. Had two of is the specials; grouper and a bone in rib eye. Grouper just tasted bad. Wrong combination of favors or bad fish, but it was wrong (they did rice this from the bill). The nine in rib eye was just a poor cut, but at $41 for the steak alone, I expected a lot more. Overly fatty, tough, and simply a bad cut but they didnt agree and I paid for a bad steak. Drinks are superb. Green chilly and pork kettle is a meal in itself and is exceptional. Their twist on pecan pie is amazing.
- Easy accesscymfDined on 9/29/2014Easy to reach from Central Austin for evening meal...courtesy and appreciation from helpful and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely sunsetTCUMomDined on 9/28/2014We were celebrating a relative's birthday and enjoyed the view of the quarry and the sunset from the deck. My seared tuna was perfectly prepared and came with a side of asparagus. My husband's pork shoulder dish was first rate with just the right seasoning. I found myself nibbling from his plate after mine was empty. A nice creme brûlée topped the meal for the birthday celebration. Service was attentive without being overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummycedarparkfoodieDined on 9/28/2014Lots to praise from the fried avocado and crab apps to the amazing creme brulee dessert. We went with another couple and had a wonderful time. The drinks were great, we had the specials and everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Hidden oasishillsandvalesDined on 9/28/2014A surprising find tucked away behind busy Research Blvd, Braker's etc, looking out on the small and pristine Stone Lake. Sunday brunch after 2pm was not at all crowded. With temperature in the low 80's, sitting out on the spacious patio was most pleasant. Service was excellent. Food-wise, there were ups and downs. The breakfast Taco was swimming in grease and more would drip with each bite. The fried avocado was surprisingly good, crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The pulled pork pancake was overwhelming. It could feed three! A fine combination of sweet and savory. Overall, worth more visits.Special Features:
- The Best Place in the World!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014I took my UT daughter and her roommate to Roaring Fork for a Sunday brunch surprise. We had never been. During the meal, my daughter said "This is the best RESTAURANT in the world". Her friend quickly responded... "This is the best PLACE in the world." Yes - a love experience all the way around! We ordered 4 entrees for the 3 of us because we simply couldn't narrow. The view of the quarry made the outside patio experience peaceful and relaxing. We loved it so much that I'm going back in a few weeks w/ my parents.Special Features:
- Can't beat it in Austindinner4twoVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have a hard time thinking of a better outdoor dining spot in Austin. I have been twice; once for a late evening dinner with my wife and once for a lunch with family & extended family. They gave great service both times. The food is very good and has a unique creative flare to typical dishes. If the weather is nice you should ask for the porch. It seems more energetic and noisy inside but I have not dined in there.Special Features:
- Austin's best business diningSeanDined on 9/24/2014I travel from Dallas to Austin for business regularly and the downtown and Stonelake Roaring Forks are both excellent for business lunches -- with impeccable service, fine food, and great ambiance. I strongly recommend.Special Features:
- NeeseDined on 9/24/2014Always a great choice for a business lunch - upscale surroundings, great food and service. The green chili pork appetizer is outstanding. I had the date salad and it was OK but small for the price. I wouldn't order that one again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHungryDined on 9/23/2014Justina is an absolute gem...she caters to her customers to ensure they have a great experience. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday DinnerAlisDined on 9/21/2014Good kid options Great cocktails Good food for all Lovely scenery and not super busy on a Sunday night.Special Features: