Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
10850 Stonelake Blvd
Austin, TX 75759Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 5123422700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Glenn Tabakian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: upon request
A word from Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake
Roaring Fork offers bold American wood-fired cooking in refined atmosphere with rustic touches. Whether it's cocktails in the lounge, dinner in our comfortable dining room, or a leisurely lunch or weekend brunch on our open-air patio with panoramic views of Quarry Lake, Roaring Fork is the perfect place to relax with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Roaring Fork - North Austin, Stonelake reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (116)special occasion (111)great for outdoor dining (106)romantic (80)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (62)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (53)great for brunch (49)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (22)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (8)Show More
- Good brunchCathcamVIPDined on 8/31/2014We made a late reservation (via opentable) for an early dinner and were seated promptly, they accommodated our request for inside seating, outdoors by the lake looked good though. We ordered the split roast chicken breast and a fillet steak on special, plus just two glasses of red, a pinot and a cab. Both wines were good; but there was an extended wait for the food. The chicken was great, hot, well presented and garnished, dressed well. The Steak, not so much. It was cooked well, but I would guess was left waiting while the chicken was cooked/finished. Overall this stopped a higher rating, but it wasn't worth sending the steak back and the delay and frustration that would have caused.Special Features:
- Friends Visiting TownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We were trying to find a place that was not a 'chain', had good food; and had an enjoyable atmosphere. Roaring Fork! We had a wonderful visit, our waiter Michael was sweet, funny and right on top of everything. The food was delicious! I had never tried mussels before, and what a treat! Grouper, steak, salad, it was all wonderful. No one tried to rush us out the door, and since we had not seen our friends for several years, this was really nice. It was actually our anniversary night out, but we didn't mention it. We got very nice attentive treatment without making a big deal of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Roaring Fork and had a wonderful evening. The food and service were excellent and the ambiance superb. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Had a wonderful experience. 50th wedding anniversary and the waitress and staff were so kind in helping us make it a special meal/event for my parents. Service was excellent and the food was awesome too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place!JimCDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant has it all. The food is consistently wonderful, the service has always been great, and the view is very nice. I had the grilled scallops and my partner had the filet; both were superb. During the dinner hour, the noise level can get too high, as far as I'm concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PretentiousLunchLadyDined on 8/28/2014Not a welcoming environment, that's for sure! It seems they're trying too hard to be the hippest, coolest new thing, when... they're not. While the food was good, it wasn't exceptional and surely didn't justify the price. Austin has too many other choices where customers can feel appreciated and receive a good value.Special Features:
- The place for your lunch today!Rip2014Dined on 8/27/2014Although, they serve dinner as well, their lunch specials and burgers are really top notch. This time I got their green chili stew and it was awesome as well. Also ordered their baked trout and it was prepared and tasted really over the top. Very fresh and it is topped with a grilled lemon that adds a new flavor to the overall taste. Don't miss out on ordering their burgers also that come with some of the best french fries in Austin. And must remember the small complimentary cornbread muffins that are served when you are seated. Could nearly make a meal just on those. And their wait staff is always very friendly and courteous which is somewhat of a rarity in a lot of the restaurants today that are busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodTBear555Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I love the ambiance next to Quarry Lake. The building is modern and comfortable with an upscale and inviting feeling. The food, while not trendy, is excellent. We had the Ahi Tuna steak and a filet mignon -- both excellent. The wait staff was nice and friendly. We will return.Special Features:
- GreatsmithdianagDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant met and exceeded everything I was told. Very good service, great food and it wasn't loud. I could here my friend talking. We will come back. The cedar plank salmon was exceptional. My friend had the rainbow trout and she loved it. We shared the green chili Mac and cheese a little burst of spice.Special Features:
- One of our favoriteschunionDined on 8/21/2014Had the pork tenderloin (again) and one of their great mango margaritas. Super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!bigLDined on 8/18/2014You can't go wrong at this restaurant. Great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Burger!MexiaGangDined on 8/18/2014So I'm not a froo froo eater, but I do know a good burger when I eat one. I had mine cooked medium-well, and it was incredible. The rest of my party had salads and fish. Can't speak for their meals, but the bacon burger....omg. Our service was incredible. The waiter got everything right, even the "no veggies on the burger", and the water refill lady was on top of her game. Thank you for the great lunch and relaxing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Me and my boyfriends first time here and it was amazing nothing bad to say about this place. The restaurant itself is beautiful with a nice outside dining area, the service was great and fast. The staff is very friendly and they all work together. The food was delicious, great portions! Definitely recommend the Queso con Puerco for an appetizer it was to die for. I had the half chicken for my entrée and it was so good and I had leftovers. Our bill was very reasonable ($70) for an appetizer, a salad, 2 alcoholic beverages and 2 entrees. This is definitely a must go to place every time I am in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho-hum - :-)TandJDined on 8/16/2014For our second visit to Roaring Fork we met our son and recent bride at the restaurant. Was kind of last minute and was able to get a reservation on the short notice using Open Table. I meant ho-hum in the most sarcastic of ways! We had wonderful service from Fred our waiter, and the meals were fantastic. Would highly recommend this to anyone for an awesome dining experience.Special Features:
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The food is truly delicious! My only complaint was that the sun was in my eyes, making it uncomfortable, The ambience is average but the view of the lake is a pleasent plus,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerFrequentdinerDined on 8/14/2014Having made reservations, we were seated very quickly. The waitstaff went to work taking care of us. We ordered mussels with chorizo, which is our favorite. But there was almost no chorizo and compared to past orders, there were roughly 2/3 to 3/4 of the usual amount of mussels. Top it off with the lack of a bowl to place the empty shells in and I'd say the dish was substandard. As far as the resturaunt, someone should monitor the dining room temperature. It was uncomfortably COLD to the point that I went outside to thaw out. However it was a big distraction to our experience and caused us to rush through dinner. Much too cold, it seemed like an operating room at the hospital.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, so so service...freakyboyDined on 8/14/2014Been to Roaring Fork several times. The food is very good. The reason for knocking off 2 stars is the service. Everything was cool up until paying the check came around. Received one bill to have it swapped out right before taking my credit card. The waiter, Joshua, stated he forgot to take off a dessert due to it being a party member's birthday. When I received it back, I looked closer and it actually had a dessert added, not removed. If he would have just been honest about it and stated he forgot to add a dessert instead of trying to cover his mistake with an outright lie, all would have been cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGupsuDined on 8/12/2014This was our 3rd visit to Roaring Fork and each time tops the last. I had the blackened redfish and the green chili stew appetizer and it was all perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stunningBlckburnDined on 8/9/2014In a word, a stunning place. The beautiful, modern decor with the open kitchens combined with the smell of the wood-fired ovens and the incredible view make for a fantastic place. The food was heavenly and the service excellent. Hint: Try the Lamb Chop Fondue (even if you are not a fan of lamb) - the combination of flavors were shockingly good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelhelloDined on 8/9/2014Good food, good service but the four of us had a difficult time hearing each other at our table. Enjoyed everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dlsrbDined on 8/9/2014Superb food from appetizer through dessert! The fish dishes were especially good.Special Features:
- mmm...steakdoihav2Dined on 8/8/2014I ordered the filet oscar, medium rare--they brought it out rare, but once I sent it back, the steak returned perfect and tasted fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went for dinner on Friday and were not impressed at all with the food or the service. We had to wait quite awhile before we were even served water. Then my husband had ice tea and his cup was never refilled until we flagged down our waiter. We will not be going back nor we will recommend it to anyone else. Very dissapointed for the amount of service we didn't receive for the amount of money that we spent.
- PSES0513Dined on 8/1/2014Food was terrific, especially loved fried avacodo appet. & pecan pie dessert. Wait staff was very attentive. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigRed44Dined on 7/26/2014Very nice restaurant for special occasions. Took my parents there for my anniversary. It was awesome. Great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasurable Dining ExperienceJayWDined on 7/25/2014The food, decor, view, service and pricing matched the reviews I had read. It was 5 minutes from the hotel by freeway, so convenient. Definitely want to return here to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely location and ServiceSFAEVIPDined on 7/23/2014This is a nice place to go with a group. Views of the pond/lake, and very open feeling. The service was great. I wish I could say the same about the food. Very salty, not very healthy, and just barely ok.
- Roaring Fork BrunchAustinEaterDined on 7/20/2014Back for brunch for the second time in July! The food is always great and the service was attentive and friendly though our waiter was not that knowledgeable about the food. I had Banana Foster French Toast. Really delicious and just right portion size. Our table also had the Spinach Salad and the Pork with Herb Pancakes. Everyone loved their meals. The ambiance is very nice here. They have a great patio but it was too hot this time of year to sit out. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find2006LegendDined on 7/18/2014Decided to look for something different than our regular eateries and found a new favorite. The 5 stars for food, service, and ambience (in mine and my wife's opinion) are spot on. Excellent place for almost every occasion!!!Special Features:
- TurboMichaelTDined on 7/17/2014I love pork chops. It's one of thier menu marked house specialties. I've ordered it the last 3 times I've been there in the last 90 days. Feedback? It's pre cooked. Waiter said so. It's tough. Need a very sharp knife. It taste aged. Not much flavor. Very disappointing with this menu item. It's way below average and should not be one of the the most expensive items on the menu nor marked as a specialty. To thier credit service is top notch and informed. Mambo acne is great. Drinks are good.
- Anniverasry dinneraustindineDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary at The Roaring Fork-Stonelake and had a wonderful evening. We had reservations but had to wait about 10 minutes - the only disappointment of the evening. Our waiters were very knowledgeable about the wine list and the menu. We ordered Fried Avocado and crabmeat appetizers, which were delicious. Our entrees were fantastic (Grilled grouper and cedar plank salmon) and our shared side of the green chile mac and cheese was great, as it always is here. We had mentioned that it was our anniversary and they brought our dessert out with a "Happy Anniversary" message written in caramel sauce on the plate. A great end to a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New CustomeroutoutoftownerDined on 7/16/2014Every time I have a chance to take someone there I do. Roaring Fork never fails to impress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BizFunDined on 7/15/2014Great location, friendly Team members, great drinks and food, lovely location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLu7MacDined on 7/14/2014I especially enjoyed how our waiter was not interrupting our table conversation regularly, but when we needed something it was tended to quickly. Glass was always full without notice. Good experience. The only knock was towards the end of our dinner, around 9:30 pm, it began to get rather hot inside the diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Roaring ForkSherriedDined on 7/14/2014My birthday dinner. The avocado appetizer was very good and waitress was great. For Dinner I ordered a filet, medium and hubby ordered grouper special. My steak came rare and manager took it back to cook more. The grouper was very good. My steak came back and was still rare, so it went back to kitchen. By time I had my steak again, hubby was finished with his meal. My steak was medium around edges, so I just ate it until I got to middle and took rest home. I ordered the seasonal veggies side, broccoli onion and bacon mix. The broccoli was undercooked and cold when I finally had my entree. I did receive a nice chocolate torte for my birthday from the restaurant and they did reduce the price of my undercooked steak. Disappointed!
- Wonderful viewSemlerDined on 7/11/2014The view of the lake was very nice. This is a place meant for adults looking to go someplace nice. I came with my kids, and there was no kids menu. Luckily, there were options that worked for them. The service is marvelous. The food was good and the drinks were tasty.Special Features:
- Great place for anniversary dinnermgroenigDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at the roaring fork. There was plenty of room at 8th on a Thursday, and the attention from the waitress and staff was excellent. My wife enjoyed the salmon while I loved the pork tenderloin. Dessert was a chocolate torte. All food was excellent, both in taste and presentation. Service was prompt, polite, and friendly. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The View's the Best PartCarolynVIPDined on 7/6/2014Roaring Fork has a great patio. The food is good, though not remarkable. Servers are friendly and handle families with small children well.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerTheSeabassDined on 7/5/2014This was my first time at the Roaring Fork, I had heard of it before but never been. Everything was outstanding. We had the fried avocado and crab meat appetizer, which was so delicious. We shared the mixed greens salad, and both ordered steaks. Their steaks are market based, so they change throughout the seasons, I had the bone-in ribeye and my girlfriend had the filet minon. Both of our steaks were cooked perfectly to our liking, and our server was very knowledgeable and helpful pairing our wines. In fact, our server was wonderful all night, good cocktail recommendations, appetizer, wine, and very friendly overall. This has to be my favorite upscale restaurant I've visited in Austin, highly recommend!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner success!PhiMotionDined on 7/5/2014The staff at this restaurant was amazing. And the food absolutely delicious. They even gave my boyfriend and I a dessert on the house to celebrate our anniversary. It was wonderful and we'll definitely have to come back again when we have another occasion to celebrate. The view of the lake made everything very romantic and the lack of loud guests nearby made it so that my boyfriend and I could hold a conversation without having to shout to be heard. Another thing I appreciated was that while our waitress was attentive she wasn't overly so. We enjoyed our meal with a very acceptable amount of checking up.Special Features: