Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress
701 Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 5125830000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adrian Giovanelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress
The Roaring Fork offers bold American wood-fire cooking with fine dining atmosphere. We serve dinner nightly starting at 5pm and Happy Hour daily from 4pm - 7pm in our bar and lounge area only. Sorry, no reservations for Happy Hour. Our bar and lounge is always open seating. We also serve lunch Monday through Friday starting at 11am. Reservations are always recommended for both, lunch and dinner. Thank you for your interest and we hope to serve you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (53)romantic (48)great for lunch (43)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Outstandingalready8Dined on 9/14/2014Great service, great food! We will definitely become frequent guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014great food and sesrvice. pretty loud, but we were able to carry on a conversation. Can they provide a little light to read the menu/wine list -- a pet peeveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roaring Fork Austin Sep 12, 2014RoaringForkAustinDined on 9/12/2014Took my wife to Roaring Fork in downtown Austin for our anniversary on a Friday night. We had reservations, our table was waiting for us with a "Happy Anniversary" note. Food and service was outstanding. Loved the Green Chile Pork appetizer, the steaks were tended and flavorful. Highly recommended for a special dinner.Special Features:
- Dependable Quality Excellent FoodJimCVIPDined on 9/12/2014Try the Blackened Redfish with Chilpolte Beurre Blanc. The fig and goat cheese salad is exquisite. They also have steaks but don't list them on the menu? They grill over wood chips for great flavor.Special Features:
- Great Dinner! Outside view was Meh.CookingShowDined on 9/5/2014Everything about The Roaring Fork (I have been here once before) was just how I remembered it! Amazing food (the stuffing that comes with the split roasted half chicken is literally something you can die happy after eating), great atmosphere indoors, and prompt, yet discreet service. The only complaint was the view from side of the restaurant we were on was not too scenic or pleasant, and involved a grey, urban wall with a dirty food truck in front of it. However, taking the time to make a reservation meant having a lovely sit-in booth, avishly set out for two. We felt so welcome, and it completely made up for the strange view outside of the restaurant window; we hardly noticed it.Special Features:
- not as good as I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Was disappointed that our reservation got us seated in the noisy bar area instead of the dining room. Probably won't use Open Table again to book here because I would want to insure this didn't happen again. I usually like the food here, but a few things were a little off,,,Special Features:
- not worth the pricejjcoers1Dined on 9/5/2014It was very noisy. Our waiter was slow getting our cocktails (which we ordered because the wine list was very overpriced) I ordered an appetizer that never arrived and was, btw, the reason we went to this restaurant. Our steaks were good, as we're the salad & veggie, but everything is a landline carte, so it was far too expensive. Had I known this, I would have chosen another restaurant, which are plentiful these days in Austin.Special Features:
- Evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014So this our favorite place to eat when taking in a show in Austin. The food is absolutely fabulous and the service is the very best I've had around this town,we will certainly be back and soon I hope.Located in a convient location and the décor is comfortable,I have a great appreciation for the everything is conductedSpecial Features:
- Fun, fantastic food, exceptionalmelmacDined on 9/1/2014My husband had the short ribs and he raved about them. The scallops were very delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delish - Great Service.KerryBVIPDined on 9/1/2014Roaring Fork goes above and beyond. Kind and prompt service from all servers and staff, and a spectacular manager (Thanks Josh!). The food is always spot on and delicious. Loved the new red fish dish on the menu, and loved the mahi special on the menu. Thanks!
- Great service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Steak cooked perfectly. Austin flair in a beautiful historic hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly EnjoyableAustinKenDined on 8/27/2014We attended Roaring Fork downtown for my daughters birthday. The dining room was so loud we had to practically scream to hear each other at the table and we were all sitting across from each other, on a 5' round table. The room was so packed it was just way too loud to be an enjoyable time with friends and family I think. The food was good, but a little undercooked on two of the pork dishes. The service though was exceptional, just the way you would expect it should be. Aside from the noise, I think it was a good experience, I will likely try it again but maybe at their other location due to the noise issue. I'd prefer not to have to scream at friends and family just so we can hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate their twice!PdemoreVIPDined on 8/27/2014I stayed at the Intercontinental and had 2 amazing dinners here. Great service too.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great place for a date night and great food portions.Special Features:
- One of my favesAustinfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food here was, as usual, great, especially the pork loin and the filet. The queso con puerco was not quite hot enough, temperature-wise, but still very tasty. Side dishes I had, the cheese grits and the corn, were to die for! BUT...if you go just before a big event at the Paramount, expect the place to be very busy. Don't be disappointed if it takes a little longer to get your drinks, or whatever. Just the way it is.Special Features:
- Great timehookemhornsDined on 8/16/2014Everyone was great the service was outstanding had a wonderful time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food and location!NT90Dined on 8/14/2014I came here to eat with a close friend from college whom I had not seen in over a year. Food was exquisite. I ordered the cedar planked salmon and was blown away. Cooked just right with a delicious green bean salad. Topped off with a bourbon berry lemonade. It was sublime. The only drawback for the whole night was that the waitress (Emma) took a bit longer than I would have liked in checking on us and bringing us the check. Other than that, it was a great first time experience and I would heartily recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrostyDined on 8/13/2014The Roaring Fork is always consistently great food at a reasonable price for lunch downtown.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceBob1Dined on 8/11/2014The service and food are excellent. This is a good restaurant for a dinner when you are going to be in Austin and want something other than Mexican food and BBQ. It is also a very comfortable place for a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for the noon hourCarolineDined on 8/4/2014We did make reservations to insure we could get a table and in an effort to get out in less than an hour. We had amazing service who could 'read' our needs and knew we weren't there to dilly-dally - never felt rushed, and we were able to get in and out in under an hour. Excellent for those of us that just can't take extended lunches.Special Features:
- Delicious!PsmithDined on 8/3/2014Great food and great service! Recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!gfoxDined on 8/2/2014All 4 of us had the filet and it was incredible! The sides and desert were all great. I wish I could eat here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badConsultantDined on 7/30/2014It was not bad - not revolutionary either. The expectations were a bit higher given the other reviews online, so I would say this one is fine and unlikely to offend anyone else in your party but it is not going to win you praise for weeks either.
- Roaring ForkDarcyDined on 7/30/2014We were visiting Austin for a work convention I took a chance and made reservations at the Roaring Fork for 6. I did look at the reviews on Yelp before. The experience was great, the waiter awesome and the food was awesome as well! I will definately go again if given the opportunity!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, friendly peopleGSP2014Dined on 7/29/2014We went here on the recommendation of our son, and it was everything we hoped it would be. People were friendly, food was great and the server very knowledgeable...and had a wonderfully warm manner. I had the sea bass with the watermelon salad...delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a Texas Meat-Eater!RturnDined on 7/28/2014The food was very good. I loved the Cowboy Cut, Bone-In Ribeye. The rest of my group got the Pork Tenderloin and also liked it very much. The Manager on Duty was very attentive and made sure we were taken care of. This is a great place to take your out if town guests or business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place.TessaDined on 7/27/2014This is one of our favorite places for celebrating special occasions. The food is always amazing and the service is top-notch. We've been many times over the years, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food, Great Steak!MmmmsteakDined on 7/26/2014My wife got a filet mignon and I immediately regretted my choice of a salad (though the salad was exceptional). We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!luv2danceDined on 7/24/2014I love this place. The pork tenderloin is delicious, love the spinach waldorf chicken salad. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, friendly servicechuckpDined on 7/23/2014Our server was attentive at just the right level - right there when we needed her, not hanging around when we didn't. The rainbow trout entree was superb - done perfectly with a delicious brown butter. One of the best fish entrees I've had in years. Grouper entree was also delicious but not up to the level of the trout. Nice wine list and a choice of craft beers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencelike2eeeetDined on 7/18/2014Will definitely go back, wait staff and manager were very friendly. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be back soonJeffsDined on 7/17/2014Please bring yourself to dallas. Everything was executed to perfection. Get a new valet service, I don't think I should have to wait for him to finish paragraph or wave to him to get his attention when we drive up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and drinksfoodfreakDined on 7/14/2014Our food was good, but the restaurant is somewhat loud. The prices are fair for the quality and amount of food. Green chili mac and cheese and the street corn were amazing. Waiter was good and knowledgeable about offerings. Need more farm to table offerings.Special Features:
- Great Girls Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The best steak I've ever had.. hands down!! I had requested a view of Congress since it was a fun girls night, and they of course were able to make that happen. Our waitress was super knowledgeable about the wines/drinks and was extremely friendly. I will definitely be back!
- Great Food, Service OKHostingGuestsDined on 7/11/2014Food was great! Service was OK but could have been better - a few missed details from the order and not as attentive as it should have been for follow ups and refills. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchreddingsetgoDined on 7/8/2014This is a great spot for the downtown crowd to grab lunch. With a reservation, you can get seated pretty much immediately. Prices aren't bad for such a place, and the food's pretty good too.Special Features:
- It was goodKsoloDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I went for lunch. Food was good, cocktails were very good and the restroom were clean. I would recommend this place for a place to catch lunch off the 6th street vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin GemMidwesterngalDined on 6/26/2014Was visiting Austing for a quick business trip and discovered this great downtown gem. My group loved everything from the fresh guacamole to the heirloom salad that was a special for the night. The flavors were quite a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parking in downtown Austin sucksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014My only complaint is the parking situation. Yes, they offer valet, but at $7 plus what you'll have to tip, it's a shame it's so hard to find affordable parking downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to reputationirish1101VIPDined on 6/24/2014Had a wonderful dinner at the RF preceded by libation in the bar. Great service both places! Food was well prepared and our server very attentive checking back several times to assure our satisfaction. Definitely would return!Special Features: