Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress
701 Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 5125830000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adrian Giovanelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress
The Roaring Fork offers bold American wood-fire cooking with fine dining atmosphere. We serve dinner nightly starting at 5pm and Happy Hour daily from 4pm - 7pm in our bar and lounge area only. Sorry, no reservations for Happy Hour. Our bar and lounge is always open seating. We also serve lunch Monday through Friday starting at 11am. Reservations are always recommended for both, lunch and dinner. Thank you for your interest and we hope to serve you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (56)romantic (50)great for lunch (43)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Steak cooked perfectly. Austin flair in a beautiful historic hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly EnjoyableAustinKenDined on 8/27/2014We attended Roaring Fork downtown for my daughters birthday. The dining room was so loud we had to practically scream to hear each other at the table and we were all sitting across from each other, on a 5' round table. The room was so packed it was just way too loud to be an enjoyable time with friends and family I think. The food was good, but a little undercooked on two of the pork dishes. The service though was exceptional, just the way you would expect it should be. Aside from the noise, I think it was a good experience, I will likely try it again but maybe at their other location due to the noise issue. I'd prefer not to have to scream at friends and family just so we can hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate their twice!PdemoreVIPDined on 8/27/2014I stayed at the Intercontinental and had 2 amazing dinners here. Great service too.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great place for a date night and great food portions.Special Features:
- One of my favesAustinfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food here was, as usual, great, especially the pork loin and the filet. The queso con puerco was not quite hot enough, temperature-wise, but still very tasty. Side dishes I had, the cheese grits and the corn, were to die for! BUT...if you go just before a big event at the Paramount, expect the place to be very busy. Don't be disappointed if it takes a little longer to get your drinks, or whatever. Just the way it is.Special Features:
- Great timehookemhornsDined on 8/16/2014Everyone was great the service was outstanding had a wonderful time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food and location!NT90Dined on 8/14/2014I came here to eat with a close friend from college whom I had not seen in over a year. Food was exquisite. I ordered the cedar planked salmon and was blown away. Cooked just right with a delicious green bean salad. Topped off with a bourbon berry lemonade. It was sublime. The only drawback for the whole night was that the waitress (Emma) took a bit longer than I would have liked in checking on us and bringing us the check. Other than that, it was a great first time experience and I would heartily recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrostyDined on 8/13/2014The Roaring Fork is always consistently great food at a reasonable price for lunch downtown.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceBob1Dined on 8/11/2014The service and food are excellent. This is a good restaurant for a dinner when you are going to be in Austin and want something other than Mexican food and BBQ. It is also a very comfortable place for a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for the noon hourCarolineDined on 8/4/2014We did make reservations to insure we could get a table and in an effort to get out in less than an hour. We had amazing service who could 'read' our needs and knew we weren't there to dilly-dally - never felt rushed, and we were able to get in and out in under an hour. Excellent for those of us that just can't take extended lunches.Special Features:
- Delicious!PsmithDined on 8/3/2014Great food and great service! Recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!gfoxDined on 8/2/2014All 4 of us had the filet and it was incredible! The sides and desert were all great. I wish I could eat here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014It was not bad - not revolutionary either. The expectations were a bit higher given the other reviews online, so I would say this one is fine and unlikely to offend anyone else in your party but it is not going to win you praise for weeks either.
- Roaring ForkDarcyDined on 7/30/2014We were visiting Austin for a work convention I took a chance and made reservations at the Roaring Fork for 6. I did look at the reviews on Yelp before. The experience was great, the waiter awesome and the food was awesome as well! I will definately go again if given the opportunity!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, friendly peopleGSP2014Dined on 7/29/2014We went here on the recommendation of our son, and it was everything we hoped it would be. People were friendly, food was great and the server very knowledgeable...and had a wonderfully warm manner. I had the sea bass with the watermelon salad...delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a Texas Meat-Eater!RturnDined on 7/28/2014The food was very good. I loved the Cowboy Cut, Bone-In Ribeye. The rest of my group got the Pork Tenderloin and also liked it very much. The Manager on Duty was very attentive and made sure we were taken care of. This is a great place to take your out if town guests or business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place.TessaDined on 7/27/2014This is one of our favorite places for celebrating special occasions. The food is always amazing and the service is top-notch. We've been many times over the years, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food, Great Steak!MmmmsteakDined on 7/26/2014My wife got a filet mignon and I immediately regretted my choice of a salad (though the salad was exceptional). We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!luv2danceDined on 7/24/2014I love this place. The pork tenderloin is delicious, love the spinach waldorf chicken salad. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, friendly servicechuckpDined on 7/23/2014Our server was attentive at just the right level - right there when we needed her, not hanging around when we didn't. The rainbow trout entree was superb - done perfectly with a delicious brown butter. One of the best fish entrees I've had in years. Grouper entree was also delicious but not up to the level of the trout. Nice wine list and a choice of craft beers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencelike2eeeetDined on 7/18/2014Will definitely go back, wait staff and manager were very friendly. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be back soonJeffsDined on 7/17/2014Please bring yourself to dallas. Everything was executed to perfection. Get a new valet service, I don't think I should have to wait for him to finish paragraph or wave to him to get his attention when we drive up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and drinksfoodfreakDined on 7/14/2014Our food was good, but the restaurant is somewhat loud. The prices are fair for the quality and amount of food. Green chili mac and cheese and the street corn were amazing. Waiter was good and knowledgeable about offerings. Need more farm to table offerings.Special Features:
- Great Girls Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The best steak I've ever had.. hands down!! I had requested a view of Congress since it was a fun girls night, and they of course were able to make that happen. Our waitress was super knowledgeable about the wines/drinks and was extremely friendly. I will definitely be back!
- Great Food, Service OKHostingGuestsDined on 7/11/2014Food was great! Service was OK but could have been better - a few missed details from the order and not as attentive as it should have been for follow ups and refills. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchreddingsetgoDined on 7/8/2014This is a great spot for the downtown crowd to grab lunch. With a reservation, you can get seated pretty much immediately. Prices aren't bad for such a place, and the food's pretty good too.Special Features:
- It was goodKsoloDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I went for lunch. Food was good, cocktails were very good and the restroom were clean. I would recommend this place for a place to catch lunch off the 6th street vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin GemMidwesterngalDined on 6/26/2014Was visiting Austing for a quick business trip and discovered this great downtown gem. My group loved everything from the fresh guacamole to the heirloom salad that was a special for the night. The flavors were quite a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parking in downtown Austin sucksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014My only complaint is the parking situation. Yes, they offer valet, but at $7 plus what you'll have to tip, it's a shame it's so hard to find affordable parking downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to reputationirish1101VIPDined on 6/24/2014Had a wonderful dinner at the RF preceded by libation in the bar. Great service both places! Food was well prepared and our server very attentive checking back several times to assure our satisfaction. Definitely would return!Special Features:
- Great meal, great service!ThegoodlifeVIPDined on 6/24/2014Loved our dinner at RF! Food and service were great, yet prices are reasonable. Great location and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Austin & DeliciousDarstcoachVIPDined on 6/21/2014After visiting many food trucks on our trip to Austin we were ready for an upscale restaurant meal. The service was impeccable. Ask for Lauren. He was fun and easily point us in the right direction many times. The pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon is outrageous. As were the sides of mushrooms and spinach. Excellent. The only thing I would recommend against are the salads. Rather bland and uninteresting.Special Features:
- Late DiningredmeatDined on 6/19/2014A great place to meet friends and enjoy an excellent steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous serviceJPinATXDined on 6/18/2014Our server Heather was busy as our party dined in the middle of lunch rush hour yet she couldn't have been more gracious or more helpful. Daily special (salmon) was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkLiketoeatDined on 6/15/2014I've eaten at the Stonelake location and thought it was much better all the way around. I think downtown location just okay. Not quite what I was expecting
- All around awesomeIca1Dined on 6/15/2014Probably the best steak I've had in years. You know it's good when you hear a low "mmmmm" from both your parents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rot rallyfatherday1Dined on 6/13/2014Everything was great except it was very hot inside. The air conditioning couldn't keep up. Maybe it's because our table was close to the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food exquisitely doneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014We had the short ribs, redfish and chicken, and the mussels appetizer. Ribs were so tender and sauce excellent. Redfish sauce and presentation amazing. Chicken pretty good but not spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Comfy FoodReneeGVIPDined on 6/7/2014So the service here was really what set it apart for me. That and the $7.50 Mexican Martini...I'm just saying. It was delicious. My boyfriend and I went here after our lackluster experience at Hudson's on the Bend the night before, and I'm so glad we did - it really redeemed our trip to Austin! The wedge salad was super fresh, the ribeye was cooked and seasoned wonderfully (and plenty big enough to share!), and the mexican street corn, while not as creamy as I would've expected, was clearly made fresh in the kitchen. I didn't have dessert (I was still working through my count em, THIRD refill of my martini glass off my one Mexican Martini) but my boyfriend really enjoyed the chocolate/toffee/pecan pie. :)Special Features:
- Perfect for Friday nightYouCDined on 6/6/2014The atmosphere here is pretty much split- quiet and dark on one side, noisy and vibrant on the other and they seem to size you up at the door. It worked out well for us and we had a great meal (highly recommend the bacon wrapped pork loin) with a view of Congress Ave, and even with the bar noise beside us, the booth we had was quiet enough for conversation. Service was exquisite. The manager brought a second amuse-bouche that was food allergy friendly for one of us, which was totally unexpected and very thoughtful. All in all, a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.