Roadhouse LA at the Improv
8162 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Roadhouse LA at the Improv
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://roadhouserestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3236512583x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Kyle Schutte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: RoadHouseLA is attached to the world famous Holywood Improv.
A word from Roadhouse LA at the Improv
Adjacent to Hollywood’s historic Improv Comedy Club, Roadhouse LA is BBQ with a modern twist, combining farm-to-table ingredients, global influences, and innovative techniques. House specialties include Pork Ribs with ponzu barbecue, boiled peanuts, pickled peaches; Local Halibut with Root beer leaves, succotash, roasted garlic butter; Smoked avocado and burrata salad; and Root beer-cured bacon with vanilla-scented eggs. Roadhouse LA features craft cocktails and multiple flavors of authentic Moonshine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roadhouse LA at the Improv reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)good for groups (8)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Beware...OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/21/2014The original people behind Roadhouse LA have left. It's now being run (very poorly) by the Improve.
- Nice little find.gigiDined on 6/21/2014We made reservations here so as to get priority seating at the Hollywood Improv. I was expecting standard bar food. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. Unique combinations of ingredients were delightful. We tried all different things - great burger, corn bread pudding, and watermelon salad. The deviled eggs are a must. I wouldn't hesitate coming back next time I'm in town. Reasonably priced good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A different take on BBQ.VisitingfromMaineDined on 6/17/2014I visited the Roadhouse to get preferred seating to the shows I was attending at the Improv. I wouldn't have visited otherwise, &I think I might've missed out, were that the case. The first time I visited, I was with a large group of friends, and that would be my recommendation for this dining experience. It wasn't much fun just by myself. There isn't a whole lot of décor to keep your eyes occupied, &no entertainment beyond the very loud music. The portion sizes on the menu are much better for sharing than for one person as well. The food is eclectic, new takes on old favorites. Highly recommend the Punjabi Poutine, the Caesar salad&the Short Rib burger. The pork ribs didn't have enough going for me, but I really liked the pickled peaches.Special Features:
- Would not returnNotgoodDined on 6/13/2014The food was grossly over priced and wasnt even that good. Ordered lamb and it was way over done and the calamari was way under cooked. Also had a caesar salad that did not taste very good. Even the bartender did not know how to make many popular drinks. I would not return or recommand this restaurant.
- BBQ and ComedyunhappyVIPDined on 6/11/2014Very good food and casual/fun environment. It is connected to the Improv, but worth going to anyway for the smokey ribs. If you have tickets, you get front row seating and dinner counts as you "two drink minimum" - which we did. Great evening.Special Features:
- Fun!jazzhandsDined on 6/5/2014Really had a nice time. Great meal, service, drinks...Special Features:
- Great experiencemarie1439Dined on 6/5/2014I had a great dinner and got great seats for the show, right next to the stage.Special Features:
- Great food, service not so great.EastWestdinerDined on 5/24/2014Interesting menu and well executed. Service was disorganized. Servers entered the dining room trying to figure out who ordered what. My husband's food was served well in advance of mine, we had to finally ask where my entree was. Disappointing, will not be going back.
- Don't be afraid of the cost!BabbleonDined on 5/23/2014The small plates can be really small (root beer bacon---who doesn't love bacon?!) or pretty decent (chicken wings) -bith dishes were great, as well as the fries. Yum! The larger plates like the chicken cesear salad was a nice big portion. While I had read great reviews of the creme brule mac & cheese, it wasn't up to my liking. I will, however, be going back to try more dishes! Can't wait to see the fantastic, very patient waitstaff :) great job all around!Special Features:
- The South Meets the WorldchephstephVIPDined on 5/17/2014We really enjoyed the Road House. Our waiter Michael was terrific. He told us all about the cocktails and dishes on the menu. I loved my choices. I can't remember the name of my cocktail, but it was really good. The smoked avocado with burrito and pickled raspberries was outstanding, but the stand out was the lamb! OMG! It comes as an unctuous, flavorful lamb shoulder and meaty lamb ribs along with cute little risotto balls. I saved the rest for lunch! My husband loved his pulled pork torta and the amazing cornbread pudding. The only thing they need to work on is timing and dessert. They have 3 pies, and ours was awfully sweet. Otherwise, we loved it.Special Features:
- Amazing/Unique Flavor CombinationsMarkESackettVIPDined on 5/16/2014This chef gets it! Very odd and atypical flat or combos and ingredients! The briskit was moist and amazing but the sides even better and make sure you order the Cornbread it is like a spoon bread and is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Global BBQSoapyMcGeeDined on 5/13/2014The Roadhouse is great. The food is described as modern global cuisine and is outstanding. We tried the Punjabi Poutine, the pulled pork, the wings, and the Jamaican jerk chicken. The entire staff was super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend going with a group and seeing a comedy show after, which is adjacent to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing show , ok dinnerRJVogelDined on 5/9/2014I took my wife for our Anniversary this past Friday . The seating and candle light dinner was cery . The service was awesome and very helpful . The first thing I noticed though the food was not very good . It was cooked perfect but the wings and the ribs were so plain. The French fries were amazing but I didn't care for the seasonings on the other two plates. The other problem was the show ran almost an hour late . Which we found ourselves falling asleep . But besides the food the service, bar and entertainment was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The food was excellent, the service was excellent. The waiter was very knowledgeable, and his recommendations accommodated my preferences and tastes; therefore, the waiter was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food! Service IssuesShirazlaDined on 5/9/2014We got there, were seated immediately as it was not that busy yet. However, No one came to serve us. 2 other tables were seated and given drinks yet no one came to ours. I had to go up to the manger and say hey can we at least get some water. Finally someone came and then the food came out quickly. We got the chicken, brisket and Mac & Cheese! It was perfect for two to share with some leftovers. The food was amazing. Besides the first issue with someone serving us I would totally recommend and go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Pre-show MealFBVet4UDined on 5/9/2014Time has apparently been put to good use for Roadhouse LA's highly conceptual international BBQ menu. We dined early to secure reserved seating at the Improv. Fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceProfoodieVIPDined on 5/8/2014The bar is amazing ..Shannon our server was wonderful ..the gentleman who delivered our dinner was so informative ,,,,but the best part ? Kyle the chef ! Brings some of the terrific food he makes to your table.. Everything could not be betterSpecial Features:
- Try everythingBluze131Dined on 5/7/2014By chance, we decided to order 4 small dishes instead of 2 entree dishes to split, and it was the best thing we could have done. The food was delicious and everything was so unexpected, taste-wise. They have some interesting twists on bbq and grilled food that is really out of this world.Special Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Roadhouse LA at the Improv reviews archive.
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014If you're going to The Improv, you owe it to yourself to check out Roadhouse - and ABSOLUTELY get the Mac and Cheese!I would recommend this to a friend.