115 E Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rlrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (312) 475-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-5:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am-5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Pitts
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: RL Restaurant accepts reservations for parties up to 20 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Reservationist 3124751100
A word from RL Restaurant
A warm, rich interior featuring Mahogany paneling & Persian rugs, RL Restaurant houses an art collection that reflects & represents a lifestyle vision of quality, integrity & timelessness - the design & cultural aesthetic of Polo Ralph Lauren. The menu is written daily with core items, some prepared tableside, which reflect the Ralph Lauren "aspirational lifestyle." The food is not based on how exotic the chef can appear with his creativity, but on how finely tuned & balanced are his compositions -- renditions of ideas that have a history on the American Table. ****Please note that reservations are for dining room only. Bar and Patio are first come first serve.******Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
RL Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
RL Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
348 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (169)special occasion (164)fit for foodies (146)hot spot (124)neighborhood gem (109)romantic (99)great for brunch (92)great for outdoor dining (84)notable wine list (61)vibrant bar scene (48)good for groups (43)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (13)Show More
- Great spot with great food.OpenTableFan5Dined on 11/20/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. We were seated in a area where the staff new many of the diners on a Thursday night. While many of the tables are close together, our area was very roomy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our food was wonderful. While not the first choice of many people, I LOVED the calf liver! Best I have ever had. My wife had a wonderful crab cake. The sides were very forgettable. Potatoes appeared to be instant and the cream corn was corn with some cream, which was very forgettable for $7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Met a friend for lunch and everyone was so accommodating, friendly and professional. Food was served promptly and it was delicious. I had the omlette, it was the fluffiest one I've ever eaten! It's a great spot with a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsVogueDined on 11/18/2014One of our favorites when in the city. Beautiful atmosphere, great food & service. Never disappoints, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Compelling but intenseDenSVIPDined on 11/17/2014Midday 12:30 appointment during bustling time at this restaurant... with immediately apparent noise and tight quarters for the table and chairs.. Was nicely provided corner table after having been seated in tighter adjacent table. Cobb salad quite good, bread and cheese crisp ok, but not extraordinary... Service attentive and timely. cost middle of the road to high... Overall fun meal time adventure, and my business meeting went well.. We did hear ourselves easily, despite the ambient noise levels... Would go back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jam packed, too crowded and food was mediocre.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014It is obvious that the management at RL is trying to maximize the space for profit. It was so crowded the wait staff had a difficult time getting around. Couple that with a clientele jamming into the corner to check their puffy jackets and it was a dreadful experience. The service was excellent, but all that was negated by the discomfort of being packed in like sardines and a very mediocre turkey burger.
- We will return. A favorite when we visit ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014The food is delicious and the service is over the top. Dining area is a little cramped, but everyone is so accommodating and the surroundings are so warm that once you're seated you feel completely at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014In Chicago to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. I made the reservations in advance for brunch on OpenTable. When we arrived we were greeted immediately and taken to our table with the little "reserved" sign on it. The atmosphere was quite impressive with the random artwork, photos, built-ins and woodwork. Our server delivered a basket with yummy pastries & a spectacular strawberry butter that is made in house. I ordered the smoked salmon eggs Benedict and my daughter had the french toast. The eggs were poached perfectly, which seems like a simple task but rarely do I find when dining out. The smoked salmon was exceptional plus it was on a bed of potato cakes. My daughter's french toast was well-prepared and visually appealing. The service was attentive however it did seem to diminish as the meal went on. My only complaint would be that the placement of the tables was a bit crowded. Overall a great experience and would return when visiting Chicago again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience must go.......LifizgudVIPDined on 11/12/2014The food was amazing, the service was superb. There is not a single thing I would change. You must go and enjoy the wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014This place was recommended by a friend. We are from out of town and not familiar with restaurants in this area. Thought we should try it and we were not disappointed! The waiter was very knowledgable about the entire menu, gave us his recommendations when we would ask, and the food was amazing. I had the Seafood Papperdelle which had a great amount of scallops and lobster with a great cream sauce and my partner had the Veal chop which was equally as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarcusMarcusDined on 11/11/2014great and good food. Friendly staff and good ambiance. Also air condition was on such a level that it was not too cold but delivered fresh air despite the fact that the restaurant was 100 % fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJ421Dined on 11/9/2014Love RL. Great food and very generous portion sizes. It's my favorite restaurant for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!Neville76Dined on 11/8/2014always great place to be and food is always delicious and great drinks love the ambiance like an old world gentleman's club!Special Features:
- Perfect Dining ExperienceKateDined on 11/8/2014My sister and I took our 86 year old mother to this restaurant and couldn't have been more thrilled- with not only the food but the wait staff. Glad we came early (and with a reservation-a must for a Saturday night), because we were treated to amazing service by our captain, Abdel Afkir and our waiter, Victor Mora. They were not only efficient, but incredibly personable with us--our mother in particular! By far the best dining experience I've ever had. So thankful we found this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceAudgeDined on 11/8/2014There were regulars seated by us that you could tell had their favorites, which adds to the ambiance (seats are close, so not a very private dining venue). The service was very warm and attentive. The decor, of course was so cool and very Americana. Food and Kir royals delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too crowded, too noisy - excellent food!MJ2EVIPDined on 11/7/2014RL is a beautiful restaurant with excellent food and earnest servers. However, when we were there on a Friday night with a group of friends we found it to be inordinately loud and crowded. By crowded, I don't mean just full. The tables are far too close together and one cannot move without bumping into the person behind you. I was bumped 20 times (I started counting) by wait staff. I feared for the safety of the diners and the staff and thought for sure food was going down. I really felt for the servers who frequently apologized. We were seated close to a serving station and I continue wondering if OpenTable diners get subpar tables. I do remember enjoying my meal immensely and having a very knowledgeable server. However I am at the stage in my eating experiences where I value the ability to enjoy my meal without fear of injury and I value being able to hear my companions and engage in conversation.
- Birthday dinnerBarryDined on 11/7/2014Perfect for any occasion including a milestone birthday!Special Features:
- A must.KLWLRDined on 11/7/2014A trip to Chicago would not be complete without a trip to Ralph Lauren for lunch. Fresh, beautiful, and delicious always. Don't miss a visit to the 4th floor "Home Boutique" afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfu ExperienceDonaldVIPDined on 11/6/2014We have wanted to go to RL for years and on this visit it finally happened. What a wonderful experience as the atmosphere is classic Ralph Lauren which is classy , dramatic and warm. The service was impeccable as it is very busy restaurant. The Menu will satisfy everyone as it has the range to satisfy anytype of pallet. Great place to people watch as you are in the heart of the city . My wife had the Crabcake Benedict which was excellent and I had there special salad which was also excellent. It takes some planning to reserve a table but you will not be disappointed.....Special Features:
- Hedhunter9701Dined on 11/2/2014Walking in to RL's is like entering a small but sophisticated "watering-hole" where Bogart, Gary Cooper, Jimmie Stewart, and their buddies could come for a few laughs, drinks, and a great dinner. A raised panel bar-room with adjoining white linen tablecloth dining room, where customers enjoy dining on fine food, nursing top-shelf drinks, ordering simple yet complex appetizers, and delightful dinners, with great service. If you need to cut costs, come here for lunch rather than dinner, but either way, its a delight. A little creativity in the bar, offering two drinks for a lower price will sell more drinks and keep over-priced drinks within a reasonable price range.Special Features:
- A Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014What a fabulous meal at RL. Service, by Jeff, was phenomenal. Highly recommend RL for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My only complaint is that the tables are too close -- you feel very crammed. Very cramped.Special Features:
- Ralph Lauren Chicago1stcookDined on 10/31/2014A standard MUST GO when I'm in Chicago!! So perfect all the time. Wonderful service--you never feel rushed!Special Features:
- maeveDined on 10/29/2014Great restaurant! Only complaint....the tables are REALLY close together. Once you are seated, you will think twice about getting up and navigating around the tables.Special Features:
- Great American FareBabbsDined on 10/28/2014Extremely comfortable restaurant,( I was able to converse without shouting over the non-existent music) satisfying food and attentive servers. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must-Visit in ChicagosmunycVIPDined on 10/27/2014Thought there are countless Ralph Lauren stores worldwide, there are only two RL restaurants . . . Chicago and Paris. Food was exceptional, the setting stylish and sophisticated, and overall experience was great.Special Features:
- BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSEshoshDined on 10/26/2014AT THE BAR WITH BARTENDERS AND STRANGERS WHO KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW: THE BAR IS THE BEST SEAT BECAUSE IT IS INTIMATE LESS ROWDY FUN WHILE MUNCHING ON A THE BEST FOOD, A BURGER AND FRIES AND A DRINK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my wife's birthday dinnerClancyDined on 10/25/2014Simply, RL in my wife's favorite spot for birthday dinner and I love to take her there. We were able to sit by the fireplace in bar area with my 15 yr old son and really enjoyed. Food really good. Service even better. Great ambiance. We'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- Loved this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We had a great lunch! The staff was so friendly and this was an above average lunch stop! VERY good food, can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Absolutely perfect! The service was great and very friendly. I will go there every time I am in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable food, excellent decorDrewDined on 10/24/2014We had a wonderful meal. Filet done to perfection. Was here before and brought friends this time to enjoy. Love the restuarant decor and atmosphere. Only complaint was noise level. Tables are pretty close, needed some music to drown out next tables conversations. Still one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice lunchnewtochicagoDined on 10/23/2014I really enjoyed my meal - service was outstanding. Although this is a "place to be seen", the waiter was quite down to earth; we enjoyed speaking with him, and he was not obsequious.Special Features:
- Decor sound disconnectHHHMDDined on 10/21/2014Spectacular food, service, and ambiance. The only slight surprise: the decor and style are muted (dark wood and brass), the sort that impies a hushed atmosphere -- but the sound level was a lot higher than expected. Not a bid deal, but maybe something to be aware of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All expectations fulfilled.MurphDined on 10/21/2014WE had a great dinner at RL Chicago. The menu and wine list was as to be expected but the service was outstanding. Always knew it was one of Oprah's favs but didn't expect to be dining at the same time as she was. I would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and experience.HappyFaceDined on 10/20/2014The food and service were superb. Our server recommended the Lake Superior perch. The portion was huge, but delicious. Fried olives appetizer were a first and delicious. We would definitely return when in Chicago again.Special Features:
- RL RestaurantKCvisitorDined on 10/20/2014We had an Angus burger and a Cobb Salad. Both were delightful. Reservations are best, but bar seating is open, and was available when we had an 11:30 lunch reservation. Our servers in the bar were attentive and helpful, plus decor and the view are charming. The dining room is gorgeous, but the club atmosphere of the bar wins out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014The ambiance and service were good, however the seating was very crowded and made for an uncomfortable experience.Special Features:
- RLsuburbandiner1Dined on 10/19/2014Staff was courteous and eager to greet and assist my group of 9. Wonderful brunch experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsatisfiedKeishaDined on 10/18/2014I wasn't pleased with my experience at the RL restaurant. We sat in the lounge area because we arrived early bit earlier than the reserved time. It was very crowded and extremely loud. The seating arrangement was very uncomfortable. After sitting (and being bumped by random people) for about ten minutes without any service from the waiter, we decided to dine in another location. With the prices of the food at this resturant, there is no reason to be uncomfortable and annoyed.Special Features:
- FavoriteKatesDined on 10/18/2014RL is my favorite lunch/brunch restaurant in Chicago. Never have had opportunity for dinner there. Beautiful atmosphere - wonderful wait staff. RLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousDined on 10/17/2014Very tasty food, great service,good portions,good dessert.if your main dish is steak and dessert crepes suzette they are prepared in front of you by metre, a bit expensive experience though but worth it......amazing decorationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.