Rizzuto’s Restaurant and Bar - Stamford
1980 West Main Street
Stamford, CT 06902Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rizzuto’s Restaurant and Bar - Stamford
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rizzutos.com/
- Phone: 2033245900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Sunday-Tuesday 11:30 am - 9:30 pm
Wednesday-Thursday 11:30 am - 10:30 pm
Friday-Saturday 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Bar Hours: Sunday-Monday 'til 11:00 pm
Tuesday-Thursday 'til Midnight
Friday-Saturday 'til 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Camilleri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rizzuto's off-premise catering is offered in conjunction with our acclaimed Epicurean Caterers division. For more information please email email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Rizzuto's large space offers 3 dining levels and can accommodate private parties on each of these levels.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Barrientos 203-324-5900
- Entertainment: Enjoy half-price wines by the bottle every Monday evening! $60 and Below
- Special Events: Rizzuto's is available for private and semi-private functions and may be reserved in full or in part for your gathering.
- Cross Street: West Street
- Public Transit: There are two Metro North Train stations located one mile north and south of the restaurant. Bus service is also available to the restaurant via downtown Stamford's Metro Building.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: A large public parking lot is located directly in front of Rizzuto's.
A word from Rizzuto’s Restaurant and Bar - Stamford
Rizzuto’s Restaurant and Bar brings friends and family together over exceptional Italian cuisine that is prepared with the freshest of ingredients and great care. House made pasta, classic Neapolitan pizza, fresh baked bread, domestic and imported cheese and dry-cured meat, free-range chicken, market fresh fish, and prime grade meat share the stage with Rizzuto's comfortable, lively atmosphere and genuine hospitality. Guests of Rizzuto’s Restaurant and Bar can look forward to a dining experience that focuses on quality, value, and consistency, which Rizzuto's has been synonymous for since opening its flagship restaurant in Bethel, CT in 2004, West Hartford's Blue Back Square in 2008, and in Westport in 2009. Rizzuto’s Restaurant and Bar looks forward to providing you with a truly unique dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rizzuto’s Restaurant and Bar - Stamford reviews from OpenTable diners
- Stamford LocationCheyDined on 10/3/2013I enjoy Rizzuto's in Stamford. Great food and service. The bar/happy hour is wonderful. Bartenders are amazing. Menu has recently changed a bit at the restaurant. I wish they would offer an affordable fixed lunch & dinner menu. It is pricey, especially dinner. It would attract more locals if the prices were better. Should be more under $10 items on the menu. Otherwise, the quality and portions of food, and desserts, are outstanding.Special Features:
- Consistently goodJCVStamfordDined on 9/14/2013We have been to Rizzuto's a few times and always have a great experience. On this most recent experience we had dinner with friends. We ordered pasta dishes and Pizza. All were delicious. My wife ordered the ravioli special. Often restaurants provide 4 or 5 pieces on a large plate. She was amazed at the amount of food on the plate. I tasted it and it was delicious. I ordered the Lasagna, which was good, but not particularly memorable. One of our friends ordered Pizza which looked delicious. They also have great bread. Our waiter was a young guy with a good sense of humor. All in all it was a great experience. We are looking to go back soon.Special Features:
- Very good food with outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2013Very good food with outstanding service from our waiter, Kristofer Aasmae, who was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually quite goodontheflyVIPDined on 9/2/2013Service was off the mark this time, (usually pretty good). Food was as always very tasty. 1/2 price bottle of wine under $50 on Mondays and Tuesdays is a good deal and the end of summer lobster bake was also a great value. Lobsters were sweet and perfectly cooked, but some weren't pre-split upon serving. The asparagus were badly overcooked. The marinara dipping sauce for the herbed pizza crust platter was perfect.Special Features:
- Great SpecialsFloeyVIPDined on 9/2/2013Good food and friendly service. Pizza very good.. Don't miss the specials - especially the lobster bake!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service!gretchenDined on 8/16/2013Came to Old Greenwich for a weekend getaway from Manhattan with my husband and two children. Made a reservation at Rizzuto's based on the positive experience we had there in June. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience once again and hope to return soon! Favorites include the fig and barbequed chicken pizza, baked chocolate a la mode, and the Limoncello! Our waiter, Kristopher was professional but personable and went out of his way to provide top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food TerrificMortayDined on 7/16/2013Lobster special was great even though the mussells were not hot enough. Plenty on the plate to keep me satisfied. The service was extraordinary throughout the meal with plenty of attention by the waitress and manager checking to see that everything was satisfactory.Special Features:
- Review of RizzuttosOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2013Rizzuttos is just around the corner from our house. We go there all the time. We went this past week for their clambake special which was very good. The downside of our last visit was the service and the length of time we waited for our meal. The restaurant was crowded but not overly crowded and we waited for at least 35 minutes for our dinner. The server was not great and tended to ignore us. It almost seemed like he forgot to put our order in. This was no fault of the restaurant as the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2013They were doing a very brisk business for Father's Day. Our waitress and the kitchen appeared to be overwhelmed by the number of diners in the restaurant, which was a bit surprising considering the holiday and the restaurant's special. Still, the staff was friendly and did their best to keep up with things. We enjoy this restaurant and would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a casual Italian restaurant in Stamford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will never go backRoxyVIPDined on 6/9/2013I was so embarrassed to have made a reservation including 3 other couples based on a recommendation from friend. This place is a pizza joint trying to be a fine Italian restaurant and they should stick to making pizzas. I was expecting white table cloths and great service but got a loud, sports bar experience with big screen TV's on the walls. We were all dressed up rather nicely and was sitting next to a guy with cut off jeans and tattoos all the way down his arm. The only positive I can say was my salmon was at least edible compared to the other entrees ordered.Special Features:
- Great place for a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013appetizers were good, pizza was great. Also has a good kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressedvalerieDined on 5/12/2013brought sons and family for dinner,. being well traveled both thought it was really very good and a perffect choice. They plan to bring their famlies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was in west Hartford location.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Was in west Hartford location. I made error in making resv on my phone. The hostess staff was more than accommodating;calling Stamford to tell them, making sure I got my opentable points & seated us right away. Food & service was excellent on a very busy Saturday night!Special Features:
- The food was delicious. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013The food was delicious. I had a salad with salmon and it was cooked to my liking. The waiter was great!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurant!DebidooDined on 3/22/2013Great neighborhood place where the food is always consistent and the service is excellent. The bar is usually packed at Happy hour, but kids are welcome in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Second trip to a Rizzuto'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/16/2013Second trip to a Rizzuto's having tried the Danbury/Bethel spot a few months ago. Food was OK in both instances though there was plenty of variety. Thought the server and support staff were always available to see how we're doing, fill up water, take away dishes, etc. Stamford restaurant was clean and spacious. Would go back but there are a lot of other choices in the area so Rizzuto's may not be my first choice. FYI..was given a Rizzuto's rewards card on my first visit, assumed it would at least be loaded with the points earned from that first meal. When we presented it for this visit found it only had 2 points loaded (1 point per dollar spent and we spent about $45 the first time).Special Features:
- Good BBQ food array and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013Good BBQ food array and staff is very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- I give it an OK -not bad athefroDined on 2/16/2013I give it an OK -not bad at all but nothing special
- Food and service were excellent.PattyDined on 1/26/2013Food and service were excellent. Reservation was available for time that we wanted and we didn't have to wait. Waitress paced our order so that we were finished with appetizers before main course arrived. Suggestions made by server were helpful.Special Features:
- Went to dinner with may daughterBoweVIPDined on 1/19/2013Went to dinner with may daughter and her friend. They were quite insulted by waiters treating them like they were 5 years old (they are 15 years old). They even brought them kiddie cups of soda with tops. It is a minor incident but that doesn't matter. It is too bad since the food was pretty good.
- The food was delicious, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012The food was delicious, and the wait staff did an excellent job. The portions were generous, and everyone took home doggy bags that we enjoyed the next day. It was a fun evening, and we will certainly go back.Special Features:
- This was our second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2012This was our second time at your establishment. Not impressed with the prep of the food and will wait a while before trying again.
- Food was good and prices wereScottyDined on 12/6/2012Food was good and prices were reasonable - my co-worker and I ordered the same dish but mine had a lot of oil in the bottom of the plate but overall everything was good - enjoyed the olives, hummus and cheese tray.Special Features:
- Tasty food, need a littleontheflyVIPDined on 11/29/2012Tasty food, need a little more staff for delivering orders in a more timely fashion. Red wines are stored in an area that is too warm so bottles come to table unpleasantly warm. Excellent promotions and e-mail specials.Special Features:
- highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2012very good restaurant , one of the best italian restaurants in stamford , everything was delicious, highly recommended and we will go back !!!Special Features:
- Rizzuto’s is unique in thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Rizzuto’s is unique in that it has a very casual atmosphere, they even have several games on multiple TV’s on, but the food is outstanding. The menu has a mix of standards and seasonal changes mixed with great specials. There’s enough variety to please every palette. It not to loud, you can actually hear the person you’re dinning with but there is good lively energy to the place. It’s good for a date night dinner or you can bring the whole family.Special Features:
- Good basic pizza and ItalianthefridaygroupVIPDined on 9/30/2012Good basic pizza and Italian food restaurant. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Most important to note, the restaurant is located in the Shop Rite plaza otherwise you'll drive up and down West Main Street looking for it.Special Features:
- Brought a friend there forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2012Brought a friend there for dinner, it was her first time. She was very impressed and raved about the food and service. Just keep on doing what you're doing.Special Features:
- Food was very good, restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2012Food was very good, restaurant was very loud!!! we had 5 in our group, and it was hard for us to hear each other and have a conversation. this was a friday at 7pm i've been for lunch, and it was quiet, and food very good waitress was hard to find.Special Features:
- skip their Stamford location...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2012nowhere near as good as their Westport location. food was barely fair and service was just ok. wouldn't go back to the Stamford one...much better spots near by if you need to stay in town. and the prices seemed to be higher than Westport (strange) or they just made a significant increase. oh, and CRAZY loud!
- As usual the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2012As usual the food was very good. Had a very good waiter, had a pleasant evening with an old friend.Special Features:
- I guess this is their secondanna0099VIPDined on 7/14/2012I guess this is their second location and I have to say, I was so impressed. The good was really good and I could not stop eating even though the portions were enormous. Kids chicken parm was made with fried chicken fingers so that was not too great but otherwise a great meal and great service.Special Features:
- great bread and sauce- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2012great bread and sauce- good food generally-like home- good italian whitesSpecial Features:
- Welcome to Stamford!ontheflyVIPDined on 6/30/2012A lovely addition to the Italian dinning scene in Stamford. Tasty pizza and terrific pastas. Small sampler of 3 desserts is a great idea, and the pre-dinner bread and pizza crisped-dough with marina a treat. Restaurant has lots of space and doesn't feel crowded when busy.Special Features:
- Third time there.....broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012Third time there.....brought friends who'd never been there and everyone loved it.Special Features:
- Great staff;Add Ca wines!!!CustomerVIPDined on 6/11/2012Very attentive manager and wait staff. Highly knowledgable about menu and menu/order possibilities. Highly accommodating to special requests. Wine list solid, but needs many more California. Was out of Jade Mountain, which was disappointing. Had a nice Chalone Cab nicely priced. Should add BV, Sterling Rosenblum, and at the high end BV Tapestry and Provence Cab. All around highly positive experience.Special Features:
- Friendly Neighborhood RestaurantMichaelDined on 5/22/2012We thought this was a friendly, comfortable restaurant, with a very decent menu, large portions, a knowledgeable staff anxious to please, and most important, very good food. It was spacious enough so that you still felt you had some privacy. The ambience was a bit on the noisy side. This is a place you'll want to return.Special Features:
- Having eaten at the West HartfordOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/15/2012Having eaten at the West Hartford original for years, and the Westport location many times, I was happy to hear they opened a Stamford location. In short, the food bordered on inedible, service was unprofessional and I would not return.
- Mother's Day LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012I took my wife and kids to Rizzuto's for Mother's Day lunch. Our server we very good, very helpful. The full was excllent. From the buffe to the entried thru to dessert it was all great. At the end when they gave my wife a gift card for Mother's Day that just put it over the top. Everyone had a great time. We're looking forward to our next vist to Rizzuto's.Special Features:
- a little noisy, but good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2012a little noisy, but good food, great prices., The service was a little spottySpecial Features: