RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge
140 North Fourth Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://rivue.com/
- Phone: 5025684239x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lounge opens at 5:00pm, Monday - Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dustin Willett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Thursday, Friday and Saturday - Tim Murner, pianist
A word from RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge
RIVUE, Louisville’s upscale restaurant and lounge, is unlike anything you have seen before. It features breathtaking panoramic views, sophisticated décor, and twin revolving floors that let you drink it all in. The contemporary cuisine is just as amazing. RIVUE Restaurant & Lounge has views to dine for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (149)special occasion (131)romantic (119)fit for foodies (43)great for brunch (43)notable wine list (36)good for groups (32)late-night find (21)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (14)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- David was the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The manager and the waiter David were the best hey made our night memorable excellent service and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great date night!NewtolouDined on 10/18/2014We went because of a coupon we received in the mail, but the prices were very reasonable, so we ended up just ordering off of the menu. The cheese plate was a great start, but the crab cakes also looked really good. I had soup, and it was very nice for a fall night. Hubby had a beautiful wedge salad. Tuna was awesome, generous portion. Duck was done to perfection. Candies would have been enough, but the apple tart was an added treat. My hubby hates cheesecake, or I would have gotten the s'mores cheesecake they were offering. We were lucky enough to be there on a fireworks night, and it was a truly spectacular view. We would definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Great romantic atmosphere! The live piano was unexpected but was a great addition to our dining experience. The views were incredible and the food was even better. Perfect for an anniversary date! Please try the crab cakes... Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OtraDined on 10/15/2014Can't believe I'd never tried Rivue before this week! Food was very good, atmosphere and service were excellent. I was pleasantly surprised by the bill too. Less expensive than I expected. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieDined on 10/12/2014Wish you would bring back the broccoli salad. More traditional breakfast foods would also be nice.You may have revised your menu or your chefs because all through last years broadway series plays , we ate here and the menu was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The waitress seemed tired. She didn't seem to be naturally friendly. She seemed to be cordial because it was her job. The hostess was very professional. I thought she was in management. She agreed to move us to a better table without hesitation upon request. Loved the atmosphere, the view and the piano. My biggest disappointment was the menu selection. Not a lot to choose from. If you want to be in an elegant environment, the Rivue is the place. If you want your choice of elegant food, maybe Cheese Cake Factory would be better for you.Special Features:
- Terrific eveningDGrayDined on 10/10/2014We stayed overnight at the Galt House en route. The weather was rainy and chilly so we elected to eat in the hotel rather than walk a few blocks to another possible destination. Glad we did. The view was quite nice even on a gloomy evening. The food was excellent. We shared a half dozen fresh oysters, shared a wedge salad and to our surprise our server allowed us to share a steak which was perfect for us. Everything arrived at the table carefully split into two portions. Thanks goes to our outstanding server, Natalia, who made our evening a memorable dining experience. We will definitely return and request her as our server.Special Features:
- Fabulous mealfromLouisvilleVIPDined on 10/10/2014One of the best meals I've had in awhile. Food preparation was wonderful.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Food was pricey but very good. Very good view from the top of the Galt House.Special Features:
- Upscale deliciousLikegoodfoodDined on 10/8/2014Most first timers come to Rivue for the revolving view, which is lovely especially at sunset. We dined on a Wednesday night so the crowd was smaller, got seated immediately and the staff was playful and very attentitive. The food was fabulous. I was expecting very good knowing the menu pricing but the chef went above to really showcase his talents. The sea scallops and venison tacos are must tries! The steaks were cooked to perfect temperature. And the pastry chef's s'more cheese cake is right on point for a fall night! We will be back again, and can't wait to try the brunch the staff raved about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the TheateralaskamooseDined on 10/7/2014I have visited the RIVUE before but my guest had not. She was thrilled and awed by the view and the Pork Porterhouse. The Duck salad was excellent. I had the Halibut. The only thing I can say is it was very good. However, being from Alaska it did not quite compare to the Halibut right out of the cold water and on to the grill that I am used to AND I did not expect it to. The complimentary desserts were a fine touch to end an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Food was great, view was awesome. I would definately recommend everyone trying this.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch was Delicious.Loves2travelDined on 10/5/2014They had a wonderful variety of food on Sunday for brunch. Beef tenderloin Was AMAZING!! Three wonderful green salads and a table of fresh fruit, wonderful cheeses, crossionts, and a taco bar. Finally, the waffles, eggs cooked to order and huge dessert table made this our new favorite place for Sunday Brunch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cortilettoDined on 10/4/2014We were seated at a table that was to small for two people. We were concerned about knocking of the flower arrangement and the four glasses of water and wine. The plates on the table were so big that they were touching each other. The food was Ok but the Veal Schnitzel was over fried.Special Features:
- Special occasion restaurantElizabethVIPDined on 10/3/2014Lovely view of the Ohio on a clear night, which it was. Love the slow turning floor, excellent piano background. Great food. Love the candy cart at the end of dinner. overall great birthday night.Special Features:
- AppleberryDined on 10/1/2014Great view, great food, and Raj, the server, was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Great for PartiesJCfortheagesDined on 9/30/2014First the seating and atmosphere was great, the appetizers where excellent and the steak and main course was right up there were you would expect with a restaurant of this quality. Service was very good, very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very goodcrich113VIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful views of the river from this revolving restaurant! Food was very good! Loved the chocolate cart at the end.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Wonderful! great food, service spectacular view of the river & downtown LouisvilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sunset viewing opportunityAnonymousVIPDined on 9/25/2014We were initially seated in one of the two revolving areas right next to a large, boisterous group...all other tables empty. We asked to be moved to another area in the room. We were moved to the other revolving area on the other side of the restaurant. Much better location overall. Quiet table even though all the other tables were filled as well. The food was ok. I got the venison tacos -- barely any venison, but loaded with shredded cabbage among other things... not very good. My husband got a seafood pasta dish with a red sauce. This was ok...but probably too much pasta compared to the amount of seafood. Honestly, the best part of the evening was the unending beautiful views of Louisville, the Ohio River and surrounding areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomePantherette66Dined on 9/21/2014Was visiting the area for the weekend and just had to go to your restaurant for brunch. The food was very good and enjoyed listening to the piano player. I thought the price of brunch was a little high, but I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014A wonderful Sunday morning brunch with a revolving view of the city, awesome! Food was outstanding, be sure not to miss the taco bar. Made to order omelets were flavorful and the chocolate croissants were my favorite!Special Features:
- Not as good as last time..durham4556Dined on 9/21/2014Rivue is still really good but last February when we were there the food was better, they had more desserts, they had more of a selection.Special Features:
- Overall good experienceMickDined on 9/21/2014Our reservations were at 10:00 on Sunday right when they opened, but if we return we will make them for later. It was so busy and they were running out of food and some of the hot food was cold already which we did not understand. They asked us if we wanted a Mimosa and it was our mistake we thought it was part of the price of the meal and then when we got the bill they were 9.00 each. I feel the waiter should have said it was an extra cost. When we were ready for the bill we had to wait 15 min. to get our change back.Special Features:
- ExcellentCara1527Dined on 9/20/2014The food was outstanding and the view was gorgeous. Great all around experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five StarFiveStarDined on 9/19/2014Everything about the dining experience was absolutely superb. The food was indescribably terrific; the service was cordial and attentive; and the decor and atmosphere were memorable, to say the least. My guests were entirely taken. They enthusiastically committed to a return visit to the restaurant, and I believe they will be loyal patrons for life. Thank you for a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday brunchcincybillDined on 9/14/2014Decided to stop in Louisville on the way home from our anniversary weekend. Twenty fifth floor revolving restaurant has it all - view, ambiance (piano player), good variety buffet and attentive service. So glad this was our choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Dining SpotOURTREATDined on 9/14/2014My experience at the Rivue was the best when I wasn't expecting it to be. We plan to go back ever couple of months since we live in Owensboro KY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last NightMKEtravelDined on 9/10/2014Dining at Rivue was great ending to our Louisville vacation. Great service by Micheal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Great dining experience. Many different foods to chose from. Great omelet bar with many toppings to choose from. Was not sure about a taco bar for brunch but a tried the shredded chicken and it worked for me. Mini Hot Browns were very tasty. As well as a cold potato salad using fingerling potatoes (name escapes me) very flavorful. Piano player was great added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and view were excelent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Staff was very friendly, food was delicious. View was breath taking, watched the sunset over Louisville while dining.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, but service was even better. Raj was our waiter and he was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Do While Visiting LouisvilleCooken79Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I were lucky enough to be seated in the very center of the rotating dining room. Our view switched between looking out over the Ohio River with bridges and tops of buildings, including a beautiful sunset, and the other diners along with the piano player...yes, there is a piano player playing throughout the meal! Lovely! The decor was modern and yet reminiscent of the roaring 20's. Our server was knowledgeable, charismatic, and funny. Although I enjoyed my entree, the halibut, taking bites from my husband's prime rib was mouth watering. The dessert was too. Hit up Rivue on the 25th floor of the Galt Hotel and you'll be happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteGrammydeb1Dined on 9/6/2014Every one knows that Louisville has an awesome selection of restaurants so to pick a favorite can be tough. Since first trying RIVUE it hasn't been a problem at all. They win hands down period every time! We were recently there taking My finace's Mom out for her birthday. Her comments after were she loved it, she believes the best meal she ever had out.Special Features:
- Went this fridayCollinDined on 9/5/2014Most amazing restaurant I have ever been to. I had the organic chicken and it was full of flavor the prices are reasonable. We had a great waiter and there was someone playing piano that did an excellent job.Special Features:
- Memorable AnniversarySilverAnniversaryVIPDined on 8/29/2014We spend out 25th wedding anniversary at Rivue. The dinner was delicious. My wife had the chicken breast. I had the N.Y. Strip. The service was attentive without going over the top. Watching the sunset from Rivue is an unmatched view in Louisville. Wonderful night. We are always delighted with the menu and staff.Special Features:
- Romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great, the atmosphere was perfect and our waiter was entertaining. Loved it! We went on a night of a thunderstorm and the lightning show we saw was amazing and romantic 25 floors up. This restaurant would be perfect any night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCDYEDined on 8/23/2014I took my wife here for a nice evening dinner. The view was great and it stormed very dramatically all around us. We had a front row seat. It was beautiful. The service was excellent. Our waiter was Carl and his assistant was Devan. Both were attentive and did a superb job. The food was good but a little lacking in taste. We both had the Rib - eye plate and Spinach salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for a Special OccasionfoodmanDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is a Great Choice for a Special Occasion. Wonderful food, good wine list great service and scenic view from two revolving restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicePc1029VIPDined on 8/23/2014It has been a long time since I've been to Rivue, but we all really enjoyed it. The revolving section moved a little quicker than I remembered, but it was great. We shared a beautiful seafood appetizer with shrimp, crab legs and oysters, and the waiters kept replenishing our bread plates, so, unfortunately, I filled up on bread! I had a very tasty spinach salad and my husband had eaten most of the crab legs, so all he got was the burgoo. The others had steaks, chicken and pasta dishes and everyone said their food was delicious. Then we shared cantaloupe sorbet, rhubarb dessert and cheesecake among the six of us and also complimentary candies!Special Features: