RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge
140 North Fourth Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://rivue.com/
- Phone: (502) 568-4239
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lounge opens at 5:00pm, Monday - Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dustin Willett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Thursday, Friday and Saturday - Tim Murner, pianist
A word from RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge
RIVUE, Louisville’s upscale restaurant and lounge, is unlike anything you have seen before. It features breathtaking panoramic views, sophisticated décor, and twin revolving floors that let you drink it all in. The contemporary cuisine is just as amazing. RIVUE Restaurant & Lounge has views to dine for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (149)special occasion (130)romantic (119)fit for foodies (48)great for brunch (39)notable wine list (37)good for groups (33)late-night find (20)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (13)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Excellent experiencemike15wittDined on 11/22/2014Have had to opportunity to eat at many hotel restaurants and this place far exceeded my expectations. From the view to the service to the food and drink menu it was an exceptional experience. We will definitely be back on our next visit to Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JannbbrJannbbrDined on 11/22/2014Amazing food! Wonderful service!!! Great view of the city! Waiter was super helpful in the ordering process! Will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makers Mark Old FashionBobandDonna1969Dined on 11/21/2014They make the best Old Fashion in town Very friendly staff and nice variety on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Our waiter was fantastic. Very energetic an enthusiastic. I proposed to my girlfriend that night an the waiter did an amazing job at keeping the mood very happy an exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed. Celebration ruined!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I chose the Rivue for my wife's birthday and graduation celebration. I reserved a table on the OPENTABLE app. When we arrived, because we had our one year old child with us, we were told, we'd have to be seated somewhere differently. As the waiter seated us, he informed us we'd have only an hour and some minutes before they'd need our seats. I'd NEVER before been told my a fine dining establishment: "this is how much time you have to eat, then we need the table!" It was embarrassing, humiliating and disappointing to say the least. I tried hard not to think it was because we were mixed couple. But from the looks of things, we were the only ones hurried out. I intend to speak to owner of this establishment.Special Features:
- Special timesLikemyfoodDined on 11/14/2014Excellent food. West Coast oysters appetizer was outstanding; main dish Duck breast with Brussels Sprouts equally so. Delicious Pouilly Fuisse,not unreasonably priced, to accompany our meal. My companions spoke highly of their seared Tuna and the Salmon special. Overall a great evening in a splendid ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceScottklDined on 11/13/2014The menu was varied and the selections we had were well prepared and tasty. The view, of course, was exceptional as was the service. The only drawback was that there was a large and noisy party there for most of our meal which certainly detracted from the ambiance. Otherwise a very pleasant and enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014Decor was not really my taste, but the food more than made up for it. wow, really really really good food.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningveganistaDined on 11/10/2014Wonderful experience for my husband's birthday. Although the menu is limited, it is quite varied including vegetarian options. Every dish was expertly prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Perfect for A Special OccasionohreedsDined on 11/8/2014Excellent Service!!! Generous portions of food and beverages. The Old Fashioned cocktail was outstanding as was the duck. The live piano music was wonderful and it was a nice touch playing "Happy Birthday" when the dessert was served. Had a lovely night to enjoy the view, and the floor revolving was hardly noticeable. Will definitely go back if we are back in Louisville.Special Features:
- Never disappointsGodisfakeDined on 11/8/2014Been here a few times. Since its not cheap we keep our visits to special occasions. We've never been disappointed with our experiences here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night on the town!MikeDined on 11/6/2014Our evening at the RIVUE was great. From the ease of making an online reservation, to the wonderful piano music, everything good. Drew was our waiter, he is an asset to your restaurant. The food and drink were all exceptional. We will certainly return on our next visit to Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful views; unique restaurantSueMVIPDined on 11/6/2014We were in Louisville for business and found this restaurant. It was a great find. We were seated right next to the window of one of the rotating sides. The bread and butters were so good. Our entrees (salmon, a seafood pasta dish and veal schnitzel) were all very good. The desserts were a must and make sure you order coffee if you are a coffee fan. If ever in town again we will certainly go back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rivue of louisvillevday4dinnerDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I decided to have a night out. We had received a 99.00 for 2 coupon and decided to try rivue. Included entree salads, entrees, bottle of house wine, dessert. The ambiance is beautiful with a section of the restaurant that has a beautiful view. The section actually rotates so that regardless of where you are, you can see over the river. The food was great but a limited selection if you're a fan of chicken. Husband had a steak and said it might be better than ruths chris and jeff rubys.Waitress was very accommodating to our requests. The live piano music was lovely and you can make requests. Just make sure you set aside time when you dine here. The restaurant wasn't very full but it took about an hour to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday CelebrationRichDined on 11/1/2014This year we found a marked improvement in ambience. Moving the piano player to the center of the restaurant was an excellent move by management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rivue was Fantastic!MeatDined on 11/1/2014I read mixed reviews about this place and was hoping to get the service and food that the higher prices would support. Both were excellent! We had the crab cakes for an appetizer and they did not disappoint. We both had the NY strip for dinner and they were cooked perfect. Definitely going back here for another romantic date sometime.Special Features:
- great view and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014This place will be a regular for me and my wife. I took my wife here for her birthday and it was everything I expected. The food was amazing along with a terrific revolving view of the city and the prices were very reasonablefor the quality of food, also the complementary candy cart was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRuthDined on 10/30/20141st visit for our 10th Anniversary, excellent, would highly reccomend.Special Features:
- Great pre-concert experience!FranDined on 10/28/2014We had tickets to see McCartney and chose this restaurant primarily for its convenient location to the Yum center and parking. What a nice surprise to see that they were geared up for concert-goers and extremely sensitive to time constraints. Not wanting to overeat prior to the concert, my wife and I chose to split an appetizer, a salad and an entrée. Our waiting staff saw to it that all were split, that they wer served in sequence with appropriate timing. The food was as fine as the service! We will definitely do this again, as well as return for a more leisurely dinner!Special Features:
- Overpriced and slowTRogDined on 10/28/2014Two hours isn't enough time for dinner here. We didn't order appetizers or dessert and took 1.5 hours for our meal. Not that the experience should be rushed, but we had an 8 pm concert at the attached arena and would have appreciated it not taking an hour from the time we sat down until we got our food. Our wine was decent enough that we had two glasses each, but $30 for two tiny lamb chops and four small potato wedges was way overpriced. My husband had a pork chop (also $30) that was tasty but not worth the price. Semi-decent view from our table. I sat with my back to the window bc the two-top table forced someone to. My husband got to see the roof of KFC Yum and a sliver of the Ohio River.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Service was a bit slow due to a major concert taking place in town that evening. But overall, great experience. We will return.Special Features:
- Rivue reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014Perfect spot for before event fancy dining; food was great, service great, live piano such a delightful and welcome change from the usual. My dinner partner and i could have a quiet conversation and enjoy the fabulous view, as well as dine superbly. The evening's 3 course prix-fixe menu was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014This was the second time in a month that we visited Rivue and the first time we had a great experience. So, we booked again at 5:30 ahead of the PM concert. The server (Sherry) acknowledged that we were going to the concert. We put a drink and when she served the drinks we put in our dinner order at 5:45. Two of the salads come right out, but we had to ask for the third salad to be served and the server thought they they were working on the appetizer. At 6:30, hearing that the kitchen was backed up we talked to the mgr.Who acknowledged the issue and offered us a drink, but we declined because we just wanted our dinner. Which ultimately came about 7:05 and everything was server very hot, even thou the medium done steak was rare.
- Great but very ExpensiveKentowDined on 10/27/2014Drinks, food, service and the rotating view were just great. The bartender was very helpful selecting from their selection and friendly without intruding. The wait staff was very attentive without interrupting. They were patient, good at interaction and very helpful with the menu. There were a lot of extra touches, such as, the different kinds of chocolate samples at the end of the meal. It was a very enjoyable experience but, you pay for it. It was a very expensive evening otherwise I would give it a five star rating.Special Features:
- Hard to Find Romantic SettingPollyDined on 10/25/2014It is hard to find a restaurant that has fine dining and an atmosphere that follows suit. Rivue has both. We went for our 37th wedding anniversary and sat in the revolving part of the dining room - which overlooks the Ohio River. Our service was excellent - the waiter pacing the meal to our needs. The scallops appetizer was wonderful. My husband had a cheese plate - and he was very happy with the variety. For a main course, he had the tuna which he stated was the best he ever had - I had the pork that was flavorful and very big. The wine list has a good variety - but no Rieslings - and comparably priced for Louisville. There is even a complimentary candy cart that come to your table for a bit of sweet if you are skipping dessert -or not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let DownBruncher67Dined on 10/19/2014This has been the most awesome place for Sunday Brunch... not so much any more. The price went up five dollars and the quality slipped at least ten dollars. For the better part of my adult life there has been no place I'd rather have brunch. It was always a special treat to be able to take my daughter to their brunch. We were both disappointed.Special Features:
- David was the bestDougDined on 10/18/2014The manager and the waiter David were the best hey made our night memorable excellent service and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great date night!NewtolouDined on 10/18/2014We went because of a coupon we received in the mail, but the prices were very reasonable, so we ended up just ordering off of the menu. The cheese plate was a great start, but the crab cakes also looked really good. I had soup, and it was very nice for a fall night. Hubby had a beautiful wedge salad. Tuna was awesome, generous portion. Duck was done to perfection. Candies would have been enough, but the apple tart was an added treat. My hubby hates cheesecake, or I would have gotten the s'mores cheesecake they were offering. We were lucky enough to be there on a fireworks night, and it was a truly spectacular view. We would definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Delightful!Annivcouple13Dined on 10/16/2014Great romantic atmosphere! The live piano was unexpected but was a great addition to our dining experience. The views were incredible and the food was even better. Perfect for an anniversary date! Please try the crab cakes... Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OtraDined on 10/15/2014Can't believe I'd never tried Rivue before this week! Food was very good, atmosphere and service were excellent. I was pleasantly surprised by the bill too. Less expensive than I expected. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieDined on 10/12/2014Wish you would bring back the broccoli salad. More traditional breakfast foods would also be nice.You may have revised your menu or your chefs because all through last years broadway series plays , we ate here and the menu was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The waitress seemed tired. She didn't seem to be naturally friendly. She seemed to be cordial because it was her job. The hostess was very professional. I thought she was in management. She agreed to move us to a better table without hesitation upon request. Loved the atmosphere, the view and the piano. My biggest disappointment was the menu selection. Not a lot to choose from. If you want to be in an elegant environment, the Rivue is the place. If you want your choice of elegant food, maybe Cheese Cake Factory would be better for you.Special Features:
- Terrific eveningDGrayDined on 10/10/2014We stayed overnight at the Galt House en route. The weather was rainy and chilly so we elected to eat in the hotel rather than walk a few blocks to another possible destination. Glad we did. The view was quite nice even on a gloomy evening. The food was excellent. We shared a half dozen fresh oysters, shared a wedge salad and to our surprise our server allowed us to share a steak which was perfect for us. Everything arrived at the table carefully split into two portions. Thanks goes to our outstanding server, Natalia, who made our evening a memorable dining experience. We will definitely return and request her as our server.Special Features:
- Fabulous mealfromLouisvilleVIPDined on 10/10/2014One of the best meals I've had in awhile. Food preparation was wonderful.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Food was pricey but very good. Very good view from the top of the Galt House.Special Features:
- Upscale deliciousLikegoodfoodDined on 10/8/2014Most first timers come to Rivue for the revolving view, which is lovely especially at sunset. We dined on a Wednesday night so the crowd was smaller, got seated immediately and the staff was playful and very attentitive. The food was fabulous. I was expecting very good knowing the menu pricing but the chef went above to really showcase his talents. The sea scallops and venison tacos are must tries! The steaks were cooked to perfect temperature. And the pastry chef's s'more cheese cake is right on point for a fall night! We will be back again, and can't wait to try the brunch the staff raved about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the TheateralaskamooseDined on 10/7/2014I have visited the RIVUE before but my guest had not. She was thrilled and awed by the view and the Pork Porterhouse. The Duck salad was excellent. I had the Halibut. The only thing I can say is it was very good. However, being from Alaska it did not quite compare to the Halibut right out of the cold water and on to the grill that I am used to AND I did not expect it to. The complimentary desserts were a fine touch to end an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Food was great, view was awesome. I would definately recommend everyone trying this.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch was Delicious.Loves2travelDined on 10/5/2014They had a wonderful variety of food on Sunday for brunch. Beef tenderloin Was AMAZING!! Three wonderful green salads and a table of fresh fruit, wonderful cheeses, crossionts, and a taco bar. Finally, the waffles, eggs cooked to order and huge dessert table made this our new favorite place for Sunday Brunch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cortilettoDined on 10/4/2014We were seated at a table that was to small for two people. We were concerned about knocking of the flower arrangement and the four glasses of water and wine. The plates on the table were so big that they were touching each other. The food was Ok but the Veal Schnitzel was over fried.Special Features: