RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge
140 North Fourth Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://rivue.com/
- Phone: 5025684239x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dustin Willett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Thursday, Friday and Saturday - Tim Murner, pianist
A word from RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge
RIVUE, Louisville’s upscale restaurant and lounge, is unlike anything you have seen before. It features breathtaking panoramic views, sophisticated décor, and twin revolving floors that let you drink it all in. The contemporary cuisine is just as amazing. RIVUE Restaurant & Lounge has views to dine for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
RIVUE Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (151)special occasion (135)romantic (122)great for brunch (48)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (15)late-night find (14)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Memorable AnniversarySilverAnniversaryVIPDined on 8/29/2014We spend out 25th wedding anniversary at Rivue. The dinner was delicious. My wife had the chicken breast. I had the N.Y. Strip. The service was attentive without going over the top. Watching the sunset from Rivue is an unmatched view in Louisville. Wonderful night. We are always delighted with the menu and staff.Special Features:
- Romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great, the atmosphere was perfect and our waiter was entertaining. Loved it! We went on a night of a thunderstorm and the lightning show we saw was amazing and romantic 25 floors up. This restaurant would be perfect any night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCDYEDined on 8/23/2014I took my wife here for a nice evening dinner. The view was great and it stormed very dramatically all around us. We had a front row seat. It was beautiful. The service was excellent. Our waiter was Carl and his assistant was Devan. Both were attentive and did a superb job. The food was good but a little lacking in taste. We both had the Rib - eye plate and Spinach salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for a Special OccasionfoodmanDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is a Great Choice for a Special Occasion. Wonderful food, good wine list great service and scenic view from two revolving restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicePc1029VIPDined on 8/23/2014It has been a long time since I've been to Rivue, but we all really enjoyed it. The revolving section moved a little quicker than I remembered, but it was great. We shared a beautiful seafood appetizer with shrimp, crab legs and oysters, and the waiters kept replenishing our bread plates, so, unfortunately, I filled up on bread! I had a very tasty spinach salad and my husband had eaten most of the crab legs, so all he got was the burgoo. The others had steaks, chicken and pasta dishes and everyone said their food was delicious. Then we shared cantaloupe sorbet, rhubarb dessert and cheesecake among the six of us and also complimentary candies!Special Features:
- Place for special eventSarahDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I were scouting out places for a rehearsal dinner, and Rivue is definitely the place that could make the night memorable. Great food, attentive, helpful wait staff, gorgeous view. What more could we want?! The ability to reserve an entire wheel and be separate from the rest of the restaurant without forgoing any of the beauty sealed the deal.Special Features:
- Great service!dannibooDined on 8/22/2014It was our first time eating at the Rivue. My husband and I were on a date night and really enjoyed everything. Our server was Michael and he was very attentive. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014They moved the piano into the main part of the dining room allowing patrons to dance. It was a rainy night with lightning all around but the brightness of the room took away the spectacular light show. They could improve on the ambiance with more candlelight and less wattage. The food was very good but the service was not "professional". Our waiter was nice and worked to "do the right thing" but the wine service was not appropriate. He opened the bottle, poured a glass for my wife and then asked if I wanted to taste the wine. The table next to us asked for boxes for leftovers - so, he brought a box to the table and scooped the leftovers into the box - directly in front of the patrons. Lastly, dedicate one elevator for the restaurant!Special Features:
- Great for Special OccasionJannyDined on 8/21/2014The view here is awesome and ever changing. We ate dinner there and watched the sun set as we were eating. Waiter was very good, food was good, no complaints here!Special Features:
- Top of the Tower2PeasinaPodDined on 8/19/2014Our dining experience was very positive. The atmosphere can not be beaten. The food was simply delicious. Our waiter was attentive and funny. We will be returning in the future. I've already recommended the restaurant to friends who were seeking a top notch dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galt House Sunday BrunchMunchatthebrunch814Dined on 8/17/2014Always enjoy the brunch on Sundays. Great service & friendly staff. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best partJsfor2Dined on 8/15/2014For me this is a place I can truely relax. Everything is attended to. Servers are attentive without being intrusive. Love the piano. Our server Friday night was Carl. He was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding6LottCareyansDined on 8/14/2014I can not say enough about the service, the view and quality of the food. Our waiter was very attentive and offered suggestions on what to order. His recommendations were "spot on". The view was beautiful looking at the Ohio River and beyond. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014This was a great place to eat. The food was amazing and the staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serverlstock808Dined on 8/9/2014Our server was Sherry and she was really great! Very polite and took a little time to visit with us even though she was busy. We are new to the area so we enjoyed her visit.Special Features:
- TrynewplaceDined on 8/8/2014All the food was very good. The crab cake appetizers then the lamb entree I highly recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Have only been once but everything was incredible. The panna cotta dessert is the best dessert i've ever had. Don't leave without at least trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View is all they haveChicagoRjVIPDined on 8/7/2014Poor service and mediocre food. Cool way to see the city but won't recommend it to other.Special Features:
- criscoDined on 8/5/2014We were greeted promptly and allowed to sit at table before the rest of our party arrived. Waiter, Drew, was very attentive and helpful. Steak was OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- Great dinnerMeetingDined on 8/4/2014Everyone enjoyed themselves. The view was wonderful. We had out of town guests in the party and they really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Brunch with a great viewTravelTimeDined on 8/3/2014We sat at one of the two slowly rotating dining areas. That feature gives every seat a great view of the river and city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Find!DateNightDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant was amazing in every way. Our service was awesome and Michael Spalding is the best server there is. This was a surprise for my boyfriend for our first official date. We had never been here before but I chose it because it was listed as one of the top 10 most romantic restaurants in Louisville. The dining area rotated so you were able to see the Ohio River and window view at some point throughout the night. It is pricey but the food was out of this world amazing. I would go back for another special occasion for sure.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Rivue is a great restaurant. The food and wine were unbelievable and this was the second time me and my wife have had dinner there. Our server named Karl was entertaining and very polite. He kept us laughing the whole time we were having dinner. The wine list was very extensive but we enjoy that because me and my wife like trying new wines. We ordered the venison tacos for our appetizer and they were very good. I ordered the seafood pasta and my wife ordered the lamb chops with the potatoes and both were very delicious. We ordered the Nutella ice cream and the creme brûlée for desert and they were very delicious as well. The dessert cart they bring around at the end have a lot of great candies on them too. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantJackPDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is such a well kept secret. Think Eddie Merlots and Jeff Rubys with a better view.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed my dinner & service at the Rivue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a ViewDinner42Dined on 7/31/2014An evening out celebrating our anniversary at the recommendation of a friend, we were NOT disappointed at our evening at Rivue! The ambience and view were the best ever!!! The Ohio River at sunset was gorgeous. The food was delicious, but I hesitate to say that we've had better. The live piano playing was wonderful, setting the mood. The waitress was pleasant and mostly knowledgeable about the menu. The surprise of the evening was the cart of candies rolled to our table as a take home treat!! I would gladly come again. Thank you. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific AtmosphereCincinnatiTravelsDined on 7/26/2014We went to the RIVUE for our anniversary, and requested a window table. We did receive the window view, however I did not realize the whole restaurant did not rotate. It was actually only two separate platforms that rotated. So, instead of seeing the whole city view, half the time you were rotating to see the inside of the restaurant. I'm not sure how the seating assignments work, but if you were not seated on the circular platform, it was just a normal dining room. The food was excellent, our server was very knowledgeable. We were also offered a sampling of chocolates at the end of the meal regardless if you order desert or not. The dining room itself was very nice, and the atmosphere was very cozy.Special Features:
- Great view but a little priceyDAlanDined on 7/26/2014I had the chicken and my girlfriend had the duck. Both were very good and presented nicely. I wanted to see the place for it's view of downtown Louisville and it did not disappoint. My bill was $126 after a few drinks, salad, soup and dessert. I was overall pleased with the service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- OutstandingLuv2dineDined on 7/25/2014The food was excellent, the waiter was fantastic and the piano player was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite yes!JackPDined on 7/25/2014Excellent food, view, and service! What more could you ask? This is a great hidden gem. We usually eat at Jeff Ruby's when we visit Louisville and took a chance on the Rivue and we are so happy we did. Everyone is so professional and caring. The rotating restaurant is amazing offering views of the site and river. Spectacular!Special Features:
- Excelent Place for a DateJAJASPERDined on 7/23/2014This was a great place for my first date with a special lady. The evening views are great, the service is spectacular. We both had excellent experiences, and talk about going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply awesomecbhowDined on 7/22/2014First time dining here and I had my Corporate boss in. WE were both very impressed. you can serve me anything and I will eat it but never go out and order Lamb. It was absolutely amazing.Special Features:
- Service great, food great, but lessTasterDined on 7/20/2014We came several years ago to the Rivue Sunday brunch and was overwhelmed by the quality and selection of the food. It seemed as if the selection was more limited this time (especially for vegetarians), but the quality was still as high as the previous visit. The staff was very gracious, extremely professional and totally unobtrusive. Even at the earliest hour (10am) it seemed a little loud, and I'm not sure that the piano did anything to soothe the dining clamor, but rather provided a background to it. The view, as always, is spectacular. I would recommend this as a required stop for those looking for an elegant brunch above a beautiful city.Special Features:
- Food Allergies accommodatingWebdiva911Dined on 7/20/2014The Chef was very accommodating and actually prepared me my food choice from the Brunch directly. A little pricey but the food, service and view made it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodpomliasDined on 7/19/2014We had good food and a great time. The view was awesome, and the atmosphere was great. The music was a little louder than I expected, and I think our waitress was rather new, but overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent !!!!JessicaDined on 7/19/2014There food was amazing...the service was great...the view BEAUTIFUL....GREAT PLACE !!!!!Special Features:
- Awesome ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Can't beat the view combined with great food. Wasn't the absolute best food I've ever had, but the whole experience was just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant & comfortableBirthdayDined on 7/19/2014Tables comfortably spaced. Attentive and professional wait staff. Delicious food. Reasonable pricing. Wonderful views of the Ohio River.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceDeelmartinDined on 7/18/2014Every course was excellent. Our waiter was the highlight of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayjlh2375Dined on 7/17/2014If you are looking for breath taking views this IS your place. If you care about food prices and the quality of food it's not. The scallops app my husband and I got was the best thing we had. It was outstanding. Then the rest of the meal came. I ordered the veal schnitzel and quite honestly it was over fried and dry inside without a sauce. The german potato salad with it was mediocre at best. My husband didn't like his salmon at all. The candy cart at the end was a nice touch, but still not the greatest. If you want an outstanding meal, there are plenty of places to go in Louisville. We are foodies and were disappointed. I will say the staff was all wonderful though. I would suggest going there for some apps and drinks.Special Features: