12801 Shops Parkway
Bee Cave, TX 78738Neighborhood:
Bee Caves / Lakeway / Lake Travis
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivierabistro.com/
- Phone: 5122632960
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Shoel Ross
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Riviera Bistro
Cuisine and wine inspired from Southern France through Northern Italy, in a 100% gluten free environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Riviera Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- This was a very pleasant surprise.lizzard777Dined on 4/12/2013This was a very pleasant surprise. We didn't know anything about this restaurant and decided to try it with a friend. The 3 of us had not been there before. The waiter, Marco, was great - very helpful and knowledgeable and attentive. The food was really good. We all had different dishes and everyone enjoyed them. The wine list was not very large but had a nice selection and not the usual standards - some more interesting choices - from France and Italy among others. My husband and I both had the same salad as a starter which was excellent. I forget what it was called but it was not just a simple standard house salad. It had quite a variety of items in it and the flavors and the dressing were outstanding. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food was good, but notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013The food was good, but not outstanding for the price. The service is excellent and the menu is full of variety. Unfortunately some of the dishes come out of the kitchen less than stellar, otherwise this would be an outstanding restaurant.
- Great food, best veal in LakeRedwineVIPDined on 4/5/2013Great food, best veal in Lake Travis area. Friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Excellent food best veal inRedwineVIPDined on 3/30/2013Excellent food best veal in the area. Prices are very reasonable considering the attention to detail in food preparation.Special Features:
- Always consistant food, greatTonightDined on 3/29/2013Always consistant food, great for people with gluten food allergies. Good portions Unfortunately, you really can't eat outside (unless you are a young parent with kids,we are past that time in life) Way too noisy with Mandola's next door.Special Features:
- Great Gluten Free but TrendyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013Great Gluten Free Food in a small trendy bistro atmosphere.
- It is such a treat to findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013It is such a treat to find a restaurant that is dedicated gluten free, so it is difficult to be critical. That said, the menu was limited--no beef on the menu except one veal dish. Most of the foods were fried and or had dairy in them--which I cannot have. The wine menu was almost exclusively Italian wines. Even though I enjoyed the food as I ate it, I walked out feeling queasy from all of the fried food. Makes it hard to go back. Our server was not really helpful or attentive either. I wish this restaurant the best, but feel they really need to look at their menu and wine list and revamp.
- I was pleasantly suprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013I was pleasantly suprised at variety of the menu and quality of the food for a "gluten free" restaurant.Special Features:
- :( service still :) it's glutenfreeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013I've reviewed this restaurant VERY POSITIVELY before, and I was very excited to take my friends here. Unfortunately the menu was abbreviated because it was the weekend after Valentine's, and I wish we had been warned about this when making the reservation because I would have chosen another weekend.However, the biggest problem was how slow the service was -- for our table. Multiple tables who arrived after us were served before we were, some of which ordered after us as well. I really wanted to order dessert, as we had been eyeing the beignets all night, but by the end of the meal my dinner companions were so frustrated with our waiter that we stopped off for chocolate on the way home instead.
- Owners Chef Shoel Ross andYummyDined on 2/16/2013Owners Chef Shoel Ross and his wife Rachel have created a dining experience at the Riviera Bistro that is truly one of Austin’s best kept secrets. Whether it’s a casual night out or a special occasion, the Bistro sets itself apart from its contemporaries in selection, preparation and presentation. Each meal is prepared to perfection and served with a simple elegance personally overseen by Chef Shoel. They offer a unique selection of fine wines to complement any meal and a knowledgeable staff to assure your total dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Wonderful food and atmosphere. Service was perfect! Started going for gluten-free friends, but I would go without them any time. The place is great!Special Features:
- We went on Valentines Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We went on Valentines Day. Because of the crowd,service was slow(although as attentive as it could be given the server/table ratio) and noise was disconcerting,but the food was great. Not a single miss in a 5 course pri-fixe. I'd like to try it on a regular evening.Special Features:
- while we are a little tooOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013while we are a little too laid back for fine dining...the food,price,and staff are all excellent which makes the white tablecloths and fancy presentation a little less intimidating...overall great!!!Special Features:
- Gluten-free and Delicious, Too!AustinWriterGirlDined on 2/13/2013We go to Riviera Bistro for lunch, we go to Riviera Bistro for dinner. We go often. The food, wine list and service are excellent, but the best part is delicious, gluten-free dining. What fun it is for me to enjoy crispy onion rings, pastas or crepes and know they are gluten free. I don't have Celiac disease, but I'm "sensitive" to wheat-based products. So I eat gluten-free as much as possible. Thank you for your delightfully varied menu, wondrous house salad, and very fine service. I would have given five stars, but I reserve that for truly five-star eateries but there are few in Austin, in my humble opinion. Riviera Bistro is consistently VERY good, four stars, and we will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food, and 100% glutenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013Excellent food, and 100% gluten free -- great, as I have food allergies. However, my pasta portion (Bolognese) was incredibly small, like a side dish. Our waiter tried his best, but one more waitperson when it got busy would have helped. No beer? Where does one wait when it gets crowded? Again, the food quality was great.
- They were very busy, but serviceAmyDVIPDined on 2/8/2013They were very busy, but service was less than acceptable. We wouldn't go back.
- The food was excellent. I'mGroovin57Dined on 1/25/2013The food was excellent. I'm gluten-free, so having "breaded" fried shrimp was a real treat for me. But the noise level in the restaurant makes me wonder if I will return. We were a party of four, and could barely hear our friends across the table from us. I don't think my husband could hear any of our conversation at all. Outside might be better, but the inside definitely needs some noise reduction modifications.Special Features:
- This GF restaurant has a greatPhillyfillyVIPDined on 1/24/2013This GF restaurant has a great concept, but the taste of the food just isn't there. The 3 fried cheeses were overbreaded as were the fried shrimp, the pork tenderloin was dry & tasteless, the panna cotta tasted like semi-sweet glue. HOWEVER, the place is very nice & our server was excellent. 2 out of 3's not bad, except when the third is the taste of the food. BE ADVISED- The outdoor seating is DIRECTLY next to the playground at Mandolo's, i.e.- can be very noisy!!!!!
- Gluten Free Gourmet!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/19/2013The food here is excellent and I especially like that the entire menu is gluten free. The crab mac 'n cheese is to die for and the scallop special was sophisticated and full of interesting flavors for the palette. Our server was very knowledgeable and willing to make recommendations on food and wine. This is a cute little spot for a date night or dinner with the family. Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- A Gem in Bee CavesPatrickVIPDined on 1/3/2013All gluten free menu. Great seafood and specials. French and Italian wines make a nice pairing w meals. A special plce to take out of town guestsSpecial Features:
- Incredible Food, well presentedJkickdcVIPDined on 12/31/2012Incredible Food, well presented and topped with several great wine selections/choices.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012We celebrated New Year's Eve here. We chose the 5 course option & ordered different things so we could taste each others. Every course was fab. Especially notable was the scallop dish and the cheese plate. We are not on the gluten free band wagon and were surprised how delicious everything tasted was in this gluten free restaurant. Service was attentive. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Frankly, surprising. ThoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Frankly, surprising. Thought it might be a nice place, having only read about it on various review web sites, but it surpassed my expectations. Chef visited our table during dessert and coffee, and was a real cool guy, explaining how such a gluten-and-alergy-free-friendly menu had evolved. The macaroni and crab was outstanding, the pasta being made of corn and quinoa. (I recommend!) I had a delicious duck breast on turnip puree. Maître d' was awesome and welcoming. Wait staff was cordial, efficient, and well-versed in the menu and the wine list. The only minus I might mention is that the lighting was a little bright for my taste. Otherwise, an outstanding meal, an outstanding staff, and a great time. We'll visit again, soon.Special Features:
- the food was super, I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012the food was super, I had the shrimp and squash the shrimp was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Fan flipping Tastic food.ShaunDined on 11/17/2012Fan flipping Tastic food. We shared a salad of fresh greens and perfect dressing not to much. Main course's focused on seafood. My wife had mushroom Risotto with crab added. If you know cooking then you know how hard it is to get Risotto correct. Nice job. I had the pork medallions in a mustard seed glaze and to die for mac and cheese. The gluten free Beignet's were awesome. Topped off with a reasonably priced (HA) bottle of wine. A perfect night. Service was great. Atmosphere is awesome with great decorations. One last thing. Google maps is wrong on the location. Right mall, wrong part :)Special Features:
- Up and comming....PapaWintersDined on 11/16/2012Locals should try Riviera, the food is average but good. Seems that thet are just getting started, so they need to work out a few logistical kinks. We were from out of town and always prefer to choose local over chains. This has the potential to be a great neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Excellent Food! GF too.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2012Excellent food! The salmon was crispy on the outside and the shrimp batter was too. My husband didn't realize it was gluten free from the menu until we spoke with the server. The chickpea bread was delicious and went well with the tomato carrot soup. We were happy to find a restaurant of this caliber in this area. Good wine list-no beer due to gluten freeness and the server said there is no 'good' gf beer. We went before a show at One World Theatre and sat in the pleasant outdoor courtyard - beware it is adjacent to the playground for the restaurant next door so it's noisy early in the evening. Provides great theater if you need something to talk about!Special Features: