323 Water Street Suite A-1
Yorktown, VA 23690Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riverwalk.rcbeta.info/
- Phone: (757) 875-1522
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days a Week
11:00 am - 9:00 pm
11:30 am - 9:00pm
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Hines
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering can be discussed with our Banquet Director: Sheri Speight, 757-875-1525
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private banquet room that offers several menu options and seats up to 72 people.
- Private Party Contact: Sheri Speight 7578751525x
- Special Events: We frequently host themed dinners such as Wine Dinners, and Beer Dinners.
A word from Riverwalk Restaurant
Open in May of 2005, Riverwalk Restaurant is located in Riverwalk Landing, a shopping and dining destination just a short walk from Yorktown's historic Main Street, the battlefields, and the Yorktown Victory Center. We offer free parking in the covered parking deck, or come by boat and stay for the day or days at the fully-equipped marina.Continued
The riverfront Restaurant at lunch and dinner serves fresh seafood, beef and poultry. Voted #1 in the Daily Press Reader's Choice poll for BEST PLACE TO HAVE SUNDAY BRUNCH!
The riverfront Restaurant at lunch and dinner serves fresh seafood, beef and poultry. Voted #1 in the Daily Press Reader's Choice poll for BEST PLACE TO HAVE SUNDAY BRUNCH!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Riverwalk Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Yorktown ›
Riverwalk Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (54)great for outdoor dining (37)special occasion (34)romantic (26)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (18)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- BEB1Dined on 11/16/2014Great location on the water, great server, but I was disappointed in the martini... 'way too much ice and half the gin! Otherwise, all was well. You've got to try the 1/2 pound of crab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood TowerfoodieafficianadoVIPDined on 11/11/2014We had the seafood tower which included a small lobster tail, crabmeat, oysters, mussels, shrimp and scallops, all cokked very well. The amount was generous for two people and was a bargain, as opposed to other entrees on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 11/8/2014We have not visited here in a while had some friends in, new to the area. We had a great sever, nice table.. Wine and foods were all good! Look forward to another stop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, scenic and friendlyDiningOutDivaDined on 11/8/2014A wonderful place with delicious, special food choices and a friendly, warm atmosphere. Very generous portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I took my wife to Riverwalk for her birthday dinner, and it was an excellent choice! It was a quiet and peaceful atmosphere, overlooking the York River near the Coleman Bridge. The food was exceptional, including marlin flown in from Hawaii. Also notable were the delicious dinner rolls with a tasty dipping oil and herbs. It was only the second night that our waitress worked, but she did an outstanding job to make our evening a memorable one.Special Features:
- Great view, spectacular mealCemarDined on 10/25/2014We had a table overlooking the river, one of the best seats in the house! All of the staff, to include our waitress were friendly and helpful throughout the meal. We had an appetizer of a dozen raw oysters that was great, then I had the catch of the day, served with a small lobster tail, a couple of shrimp, garlic mashed potatoes and broccolini and my husband had the lobster ravioli. Although service was not fast, it didn't bother us because everything was hot and delicious and perfectly seasoned! We were able to thoroughly enjoy every moment of a very leisurely meal. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great spot!MichmacDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant is amazing. Incredible views, delicious food, and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- designerdesignerDined on 10/16/2014The food at Riverwalk was amongst the freshest I have ever eaten. The calamari appetizer was light and delicious. The veal parmesan on the bone was enormous and delicious. The serving sizes are large and enough to share. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- redzin99VIPDined on 10/14/2014Our food was interesting and well prepared. What stood out most was our server. Not only did he provide excellent, attentive service, he also took time to engage in conversation about the area that was appreciated!Special Features:
- Food was not as good as the view.DineOut2MuchVIPDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant has a beautiful view. Our waiter was great. Unfortunately, the crab cake sandwiches and fries weren't as good.....Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014This was our first visit and was set to celebrate my wife's birthday. The view of the York River was excellent. The food was good, but when we ordered the specialty dessert (which we were told would take 20 minutes and we were alright with waiting) we were served a reheated burned apple concoction. Our server said one had just come out of the oven, instead of the normal 20 minutes, it only took 10 minutes. No reason to lie -- if you did not want to cook the dish we wanted let us know. We will probably not return.Special Features:
- Good choice.64LionDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit since the change in ownership. The menu was varied and the food presentation and quality were very good. Service was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- very disappointeddisappointedDined on 9/26/2014Service was extremely slow and the restaurant wasnt even busy for a Friday evening. Food was ok but not over the top.Special Features:
- trainerdave1Dined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful dining experience while spending a beautiful weekend in historic Yorktown, Virginia. Riverwalk Restaurant was a really nice out for my wife and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience, great view, and good foodlove2dineDined on 9/17/2014I love this waterfront restaurant with a spectacular view of the York River! The menu features local seafood and an affordable wine selection. The crab cake sandwich was exceptional with its large chunks of crab and very little filler. The wait staff was attentive and the food was promptly served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, good locationPickyEaterDined on 9/14/2014We ate here after a couple hours cruise. We really appreciated the helpful, attentive waitress. The food was adequately prepared and presented, but fairly pedestrian flavor. The setting right next to the bridge is scenic. Will probably not return.Special Features:
- A "fare" reviewBlue1961Dined on 9/13/2014The wait staff was very friendly, but sadly the food was just okay and so was the service. The atmosphere was very nice and our view was great! I just wish the service and food was better to meet the standard of the lovely setting.Special Features:
- BackagainandagainDined on 9/13/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and see the changes under new management for the better. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/6/2014it was our first visit and it was a great experience. The staff was exceptionally professional and friendly. Samantha our waitress was outstanding. The food was great the views were very relaxing the noise level was minimal. We plan to make the Riverwalk an annual event when we visit Williamsburg Virginia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the money, good all around!Yorkriver1Dined on 9/5/2014We chose this restaurant based on positive reviews and location. My visitors, Midwest family, wanted great seafood, with a lovely water view. Both were in good supply at Riverwalk. The fried oyster appetizer came with perfectly crispy/tender oysters on the shell with a spicy, not too creamy cole slaw. I had grilled scallops on a bed of potatoes, crab and spinach, plated with surrounding barbecue flavored tomato puree/sauce. Barbecue is not my first choice with scallops, but the overall taste was excellent. The Blue Plate Special and Shrimp/andouille mac and cheese were excellent. The bread rolls were tender, tasty and served for dipping with macerated herbs topped with olive oil. Service was friendly and efficient. No disappointments!Special Features:
- Company impressedDonnaMaeDined on 8/31/2014This local family experienced an excellent experience for a very busy Labor Day weekend. Our company was very impressed. Thank you Riverwalk!Special Features:
- Disappointing1stormjibDined on 8/31/2014Simply bad service. Long waits between table visits to ask for drink refills, etc. for a "fine dining" restaurant you expect to get what you pay for, we didn't and we won't be returning.
- Great food, bad serviceRach2231Dined on 8/30/2014We showed up to our open table reservation 30 mins early to indicate that we would like an outside table. They told us it would be ready at the same time as our reservation. We waited at the bar and had good drinks for half an hour. At the designated time we checked back and they were setting up our table. They said they would come get us. 15 mins later, I check again and they told us the manger had given away out table to other guests. We waited for another 20 mins and were finally sat outside. Neither hostess or manager ever apologized. We had an awesome waiter who sold the scallop dish. Our plates were locked clean the food was so good. Not sure if this behavior is repetitive at the restaurant but would go back for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time trying the restaurant and we were more than pleasantly surprised. The staff was excellent and we will definitely visit this location again. We dined outside on the patio, which I'm glad we did because it was cold inside the restaurant. We ordered the special of the day, which was halibut and it was cooked to perfection! The bread was even phenomonal. After dinner we tried the donuts and coffee for dessert and I'm glad we said yes, because it was the perfect ending to dinner. To make the night even more memorable, there was live music outside (Virginia Symphony Orchestra) and it sealed the deal as one of the best birthday dinners ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodHears2foodDined on 8/30/2014A neighborhood gem. Great views of the river/bay in Yorktown. A little pricey, and entree seemed initially to be stingy, but it was enough to be filling with appetizer as well. The food is exceptional, all fresh, made from scratch, with interesting combinations, textures, and flavors. Known by location for seafood, this does not disappoint with wonderful and very fresh selections. Service also was exceptional with very attentive and pleasant wait staff yet not hovering. A more quiet ambiance is desirable--conversation from other tables can be distracting and cause and ever increasing decibel level. As with most restaurants, acoustics seem poor. Soft music would enhance, but only with better acoustics in the structure.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceChasinTaleM8tDined on 8/29/2014We drove to Yorktown from Williamsburg just to eat here b/c of the great reviews and we were not disappointed! We had the tomato basil & crab bisque that was awesome! Followed by the signature Blue Plate. The food, service, drinks and view of the river were all excellent! I would absolutely go back and definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic time! Great service!shipbuilder1987Dined on 8/23/2014I loved the service. I showed up a little late, but was greeted with enthusiasm none the less. The request I made for flowers was met, and was made only that much better with the view. It was a little loud and somewhat crowded, but we loved our experience. I will be going back, and I'll reccomend anyone to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Food was very good and service from Samantha was quick and efficient. Although she did make an error with the bill which I had been able to catch and have her correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfamilytimeDined on 8/23/2014My son, daughter in law, 2 year old grandson and I had a perfectly lovely evening Saturday night. We were concerned that it may not be child friendly and could have not been more wrong. The food was delicious, the view beautiful and the attention given to our 2 year old could have not been more caring!!!Special Features:
- SocialEaterVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was very good, our server was outstanding and the view was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperiencelucydinewuDined on 8/20/2014Beautiful view of the York River. The service was impeccable - very friendly and knowledgeable wait staff. My brother was visiting from out of town and we both agree it was one of the best meals we had ever eaten. He will be visiting more just so we can dine with you. Don't change a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014That's about all I can say for the restaurant. Although there was nothing inherently wrong with anything, there was nothing outstanding either. Tried the restaurant after viewing an online menu. When we arrived that afternoon, the menu we were given was nothing like the one I viewed previously. The two dishes I had been thinking of trying were not on the menu. It made me feel like they pulled a bait and switch, since there was nothing a bit creative on the actual menuSpecial Features:
- suzanneDined on 8/17/2014Down to earth menu but with special touches. Menu items are fresh and interesting. Staff friendly and kind. You can't beat the view of the York River, the mighty bridge and the boat traffic. We travel 75 miles for Sunday brunch and the complimentary little doughnuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at RiverwalkLoloCGDined on 8/16/2014We had an excellent dinner at the Riverwalk Restaurant. My husband and I had been there numerous times and took visiting family there. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the waitress was outstanding. She was very helpful selecting wine and brought out food for the toddler in the party ahead of other meals. Great dining experience and wonderful views. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The service and food has gotten much better since our last visit 2 years ago. I will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood with a viewKelsoDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriend took me here to celebrate my birthday. Both of our meals were delicious and we really enjoyed te view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surrender your Appetite in YorktownRoyJDined on 8/10/2014Perfect weather made for a perfect meal. We visited from Norfolk with a 45 minute trip to historic Yorktown. Friends had given us a recommendation for Riverwalk. We were able to get a table on the patio overlooking the York River at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. The appetizers of oysters came from the same river. The service was impeccable. We had the seasonal catch of soft crabs. Salmon and pasta and the brunch crabcakes benedict rounded out the meals. The crab cake was the second best crabcake I've ever eaten. (99% crab) Dessert included the cobbler of the day, blueberry. Come for the view, save room for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable dining on the york river!eatingwellfamilyDined on 8/9/2014we really enjoyed the setting (we ate outdoors) and the service was excellent the dishes we tried were wonderful (stuffed shrimp, tilapia, and sea bass tamale)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperiencedinnerfortwoDined on 8/8/2014I would highly recommend the Riverwalk. The food was excellent and the wait staff was superb. The jumbo scallops were out of this world and my husband said the crab legs were divine. Dessert was also over the top.Special Features:
- Great Place / Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The Riverwalk Restaurant was recommended by a local resident. My wife and I came to the area from Greer, SC to celebrate our 53rd Anniversary, and were wanting to find a great restaurant to celebrate . The restaurant staff and waiters were great. Schuyler was our waiter and did an outstanding job. We would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- The following 756 reviews are from the Riverwalk Restaurant reviews archive.