Riverwalk Cantina at the Gaylord Texan
1501 Gaylord Trail
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Riverwalk Cantina at the Gaylord Texan
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/dalgt-gaylord-texan-resort-and-convention-center/
- Phone: 8177782215
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30 am - 11:00 am
Sunday Brunch: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Southwest, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Roberto Santos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Riverwalk Cantina at the Gaylord Texan
Nestled in Gaylord Texan’s festive Riverwalk Market District, Old World Mexico meets authentic Tex-Mex for a delicious dining experience. Riverwalk Cantina captures the charm of the San Antonio River walk in an open-air café setting featuring a delightful Koi stocked waterway, festive architecture, and colorful vegetation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Riverwalk Cantina at the Gaylord Texan - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Riverwalk Cantina at the Gaylord Texan reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)kid-friendly (27)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (14)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice diversionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Food was good, better than average fajitas, nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great night!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was great. The waitress was awesome she even gave my friend a free Dessert for her birthday we would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014This resturants suffers from the same thing of all Gaylord Hotels. It is a larger convention hotel, with an open air resturant in an open atrium and the noise level is so loud you cannot have a conversation. This was a business breakfast during a convention with 9 people at a table and we were constantly asking to repeat or speak louder. Since it is the ONLY resturant open for breakfast there is no quiet area to have a real meeting. Unlike the Gaylord Nashville, at least this one accepts breakfast reservations, so you don't have to stand in line all morning waiting for a table. If you are planning a business convention, I would avoid Gaylord due this and other issues (walking distances between hotel&conv.center)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTimeDined on 9/23/2014Very nice view, great food and service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mexican restaurantMarshaMallowDined on 9/10/2014I visited because I was attending a conference on the premises. It is one of several on site and was the only one which showed availability for reservations on the night I was there. It was an excellent choice. The food was wonderful and so was the service. I would definitely visit again if I am back this way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great Food!mgr0503Dined on 9/5/2014Our waiter Hector was very attentive and the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereFoodisGoodDined on 9/5/2014Stayed at the Gaylord Texan and ate 3 meals here (1 dinner and 2 breakfast). Food is good and the atmosphere is great. Service was friendly without any issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 75th Birthday BashShelby05Dined on 8/30/2014My family & I had a nice time at the Riverwalk Cantina. We were seated right away. Our waiter was attentive. The food was good but a little pricey. The meal for me & my husband was $85 that was with the fajitas & 4 drinks. I think that is way to expensive. I thought since I mentioned we were celebrating a big mile stone birthday your facility would have at least brought out a complimentary dessert for the Birthday Girl but no such luck on that. That was disappointing.Special Features:
- Good MexicanEatMeatVIPDined on 8/28/2014Had a good meal - not great - but in the Gaylord you are trapped. It was ok - but for Dallas, if you could get out, was not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodEatMeatVIPDined on 8/27/2014We ate there for lunch - food was good - not outstanding. The service was very good (almost too good) - but overall adequate. Inside the Gaylord where everyone is captured and has limited choices.Special Features:
- GreatLindsDined on 8/23/2014Bachelorette dinner with several people went smoothly. Great food, pretty good prices, split checks without problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so suprise birthday dinnerCno1Dined on 8/22/2014I don't want to write a long rant, so to make it short. I had suggested to be sat at a table by the water which was ignored, I had to ask our waitress.. We waited a while for our drinks and then felt that we were mistreated by the young lady because we asked to move next to the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceJimBob1Dined on 8/16/2014We went to the Gaylord Texan for my son's and wife's birthdays. I decided on the Riverwalk Cantina while they were at the waterpark. I booked a table online and requested a bottle of champagne be at the table. We arrived on time and had zero wait time. The table I requested next to the water was ready as requested. All of the staff wished my family a happy birthday and the service was excellent. The food was well prepared and good. I would highly recommend the Riverwalk Cantina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousbpvetteDined on 8/16/2014We made reservations but it turned out not to be necessary on this Saturday evening at 6:00pm. We were immediately seated at a nice table for two right next to the "river". Table side guacamole was served fresh and fast. We customized it to our liking and it was fabulous! Our entrees came out a short time later and they were both awesome! It was fun people-watching as patrons were walking through the Gaylord Texan. If I was pressed for finding a downside it would have to be the noise level, although it was not really bad at all. It was a little pricey but I would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is nothing specialluv2trynewthingsDined on 8/14/2014The restaurant itself is not worth the time or money. Being inside the Gaylord Texan makes this an enjoyable experience, but that experience doesn't justify their overpriced food and beverage menu. The food prices are slightly over priced, but manageable; however at $8 for a 16oz “large” draft beer is a complete rip-off. We wanted to try this restaurant for a while, and now we have. We can check it off our list as a cool experience, but we will not be back.Special Features:
- Great service!Luv2dineDined on 8/3/2014I had my 21st birthday party here and the waitor was so nice and made my day so special :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Breakfast / Disappointing DinnerCheatsheetVIPDined on 8/2/2014Love TexMex! Eager to try dinner at this cute Mexican Restaurant on the canal. Felt like outside but in the atrium:) Really wanted to give them a good review. We ate breakfast there every morning, although they ONLY offered a buffet for $22 a person. Ouch! Pretty good omelette station. Good pancakes. Great French Toast. But, dinner was a disaster! Requested table with a view - not given one. They let us change though:) Alexa, our waitress, was darling, but made all kinds of mistakes. However, her tableside guacamole was good. One order came with beef when chicken was ordered. LONG WAIT for correction. Enchiladas were awful. Fajita beef in taco was ugly. Side of slaw never came. All food was bland! Only go for breakfast, if in the budget.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The food was excellent and the waitress was super. I loved watching the fish in the "river". That was very soothing and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch . . .rsm500VIPDined on 7/27/2014Everything at the Gaylord Texan is overpriced but the Sunday Brunch at Riverwalk Cantina is excessive. A less than average buffet with fair service.
- Could do way betterStarbucks10v3rDined on 7/11/2014Very slow service. The food was really bland. We are in Texas, ive had way better texmex than this place and we paid how much for it?? Super expensive for the lacking food. Id rather have the chain resturant On The Border to be honest. Go to downtown dallas and go to the Iron Cactus for some good texmex.Special Features:
- Good food good place fair serviceBetancourtDined on 7/11/2014I believe for this type of location it was very understaffed for a Friday evening. I must say the food was still very good the staff was working hard and making it the best they could but still had to wait due to the amount of people there and them being short staffed.Special Features:
- noOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014Henry was outstanding and great with kids. Way to go Henry you deserve a rise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We are locals in the DFW area and eat Tex-Mex all of the time. (we've also been to countless spots on the San Antonio riverwalk- which this place is trying to emulate) The food was very very bland. I ordered a chile relleno which was overpowered with way too much bland oaxca cheese and very little sauce. My wife's chicken enchiladas were bland as well. She also said her margarita was very sweet/syrupy. Our kids split chicken quesadillas and they were okay with it- although my 11 year old daughter said, "It's tough to mess up a quesadilla!" LOL We were in town at the hotel spending the 4th of July weekend. We were really hoping to have a "knock-your-socks-off" dinner- and it just didn't hold up. Last time we'll eat here for sureSpecial Features:
- Waited an 1 1/2 hours to get food!!Disappointed101Dined on 7/4/2014Unacceptable !! Paid $310 for my room and $163 dinner tab!! No the service I expected for this amount of money!!Special Features:
- LRfoodeeDined on 7/4/2014We were seated and no waiter came to our table for 25 minutes. We had the menu's sitting in front of us, no drinks had been served. After 25 minutes I asked Manager to come and take my order. Manager took my appetizer and drink order. Then a regular waiter came and took our meal order. I asked for the appetizer and drinks to be comp because of the unreasonable delay in getting initial service. Have eaten here 6 times in the past, at different times of the year and never had such poor service. All I can say is the food was great as always so we left full and satisfied, just not with the service. manager apologized. Love the feel of eating on the riverwalk. I think our whole meal should have been comp because of poor service.Special Features:
- Great Mexican Food!SaragDined on 7/1/2014We recently ate at the Riverwalk Cantina during our stay at the Gaylord Texan with our three young children. We were seated outside on the "Riverwalk". The kids were entertained by watching the fish swim by. Our server Molly was very attentive. The kids menu selection was nice and when our daughter wanted a fish taco for her kid's meal instead of beef, Molly asked the chef and he obliged for no extra charge. The Margaritas are great and made from scratch. We had the chili relleno and the short rib. Both dishes were delicious! We will eat here again!Special Features:
- Benoit13Dined on 6/29/2014My favorite spot for brunch. I like the fact that they had the World Cup game on. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Unmemorable FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014I dined here when I attended a conference. Since I only had an hour for lunch and the Gaylord Texan's dine-in food offerings were limited and expensive, I made reservations at the Riverwalk Cantina three hours in advance on Open Table. Numerous conference attendees wished to dine at the restaurant but were forced to wait in line. Even my colleague and I had to wait a few minutes despite our online reservations. Once we were seated, the service was quick. As a vegetarian, I found the menu selection limited. I enjoyed the beans, rice, and guacamole, but the three unflavorful enchiladas that I ordered were submerged in cheddar. I was hungry. However, I didn't finish them due to the daunting amount of cheese.
- great experienceMrsMarshall628Dined on 6/27/2014I really enjoyed eating here. The atmosphere was wonderful and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Flavor and really slowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014We had the beef fajitas and a chicken salad, niether one had any falvor to speak of. several tables that odered after us got their meals and were finishing up before out food came out. Way over priced for the quality of the food. I would suggest to anyone staying at the Gaylord to go to one of the other dining options or leave teh resort and go into Grapevine rather than trying this place.
- VERY EXPENSIVE!Honestreviewer14Dined on 6/21/2014Couldn't get pricing or menu before arrival. Stayed on a weekend so no menu, just buffet, very PRICEY! Here is so you'll know because I didn't until I received my check, $22 for adults & $15 for kids, no specification on age, no discounts for seniors, this was the breakfast buffet. After 10:30 they add the Lunch buffet "Brunch" w/the breakfast buffet. VERY PRICEY NOW, $32, Adults & $20, kids. The waitstaff already knows they're adding 21% gratuity or "service charge" to your ticket so to be honest, they tend to forget about ya, its a buffet & they get 21%!! Really! Never again!!Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Eleven of us dined here together. Food was not very good. Not a lot of care taken in making the food taste good, pretty bland.Special Features:
- Dine in but outSteakofChoiceDined on 6/20/2014Located inside the Gaylord Texan hotel. Fun waterfalls and rivers inside the hotel. You feel like you are outside; but, you are inside in the cool air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TW55Dined on 6/17/2014Liked the riverwalk area, food was fine but could have used more servers.Special Features:
- An evening of promise not so greatRiverwalktogo214Dined on 6/17/2014I had reservations for 7:30 p.m. and we were seated right away but the person who took us to our seats was not to enthusiastic it seemed. Once seated, our chips and salsa were brought but we never saw waitress to get out drinks till about 15 minutes later. Take in mind, that tables around us were happily getting refills and drinks while we sat almost forgotten with no server in sight. I would understand if the restaurant was busy but they weren't! The Gaylord Texan is not the cheapest resort/hotel but it is praised as a 4 star resort and I would expect that from all their services including the Riverwalk Cantina. The customer is first, and I didn't experience that 6/17. Chef/Manager need to show face to make sure everything is in order.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at the Riverwalk Cantina. We were plesed with the service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaranathaDined on 6/12/2014The woman who served our table was great. Her name was Jordan, very polite and kind we could have a good time per her help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-pricedsuzyQDined on 6/8/2014Ambience was great, service was good but the offerings were mediocore at best. Had been there numerous times prior to 2012 & it was wonderful so our out of town guests were very disappointed with our Sunday Brunch after I had raved about it. Coffee was awful, everyone mentioned the"funky" taste of the orange juice, bland scrambled eggs & no one would eat the egg/cheese combo in the rolled tortilla. For $30 per head, we expected more of a selection of food and a better quality. We could have gone to IHOP or LaMadeline & received the same service, better food at a much lower price; each of us could have ordered two separate meals & still come out ahead on the deal. Very sad. We ate at 10AM & had to re-feed the bunch at 1. Never againSpecial Features:
- MEHOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The food is just ok! Great atmosphere but will not make a special trip and pay for parking to eat here again!
- The following 34 reviews are from the Riverwalk Cantina at the Gaylord Texan reviews archive.
- Best waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Had a fantastic time celebrating a birthday! Best waiter we have ever had at a restaurant (Michael) he went out of his way to bring something special to the birthday girl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.