2-01 50th Avenue
Long Island City, NY 11101Neighborhood:
Long Island City
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.riverviewny.com/
- Phone: 7183925000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday thru Saturday: 11:00pm - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 4:00pm -11:00pm /Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - :Midnight. Saturday Brunch: 10:00am-3:00pm /Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Campis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: All occasions, Weddings, Private Parties, Baby Showers, Birthdays and more.
- Private Party Facilities: Riverview can accommodate groups as small as 25 and as large as 250 for formal, seated events, and up to 500 for cocktail parties. From weddings and showers to birthdays and bar/bat mitzvahs, Riverview is the perfect place for your next celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Kimo Raouf 7183925000x
- Special Events: Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve/Day, New Years Eve,
A word from Riverview
Located directly on the shore of the East River at the Avalon in Long Island City, Riverview Restaurant commands the most spectacular views of New York City's skyline. Directly facing the United Nation with Citicorp Center, Trumps International Hotel and the Queensboro Bridge to the north and the Chrysler and Empire State Building to the south, Riverview is unmistakably, " A Room with a View".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Riverview - Best Restaurants in Long Island City ›
Riverview reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)scenic view (18)good for groups (11)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Slow Service, Bad foodgirlwhoeatsDined on 8/24/2014Simple brunch order for three took over 40 minutes to get to table. Order was cold, under cooked. Waiter was astounded by our requests about when the food would come out and frustrated that we wanted additional drinks. We were pretty ignored until it was time to pay, then it was all hands on deck style attention. The restaurant was not crowded at all, at least 20 empty tables so there was no reason for the poor slow service.
- wonderful timeganfamily15Dined on 8/16/2014It was great. Everybody loved the food and it's not too expensive. The whether was great for outside sitting. Keep the good work. Definitely we will come back. Thanks at lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience Noteworthy PaymentNewYorkCityNativeDined on 8/14/2014Overall, the restaurant is excellent from the view to the service. It is a great local gem for eating outside on a weekend or after work. If you go to the restaurant during the week after work you will hear the many news helicopters traveling over the area until about 7:00pm. The NY east side helipad is just across the water so you can definitely note that in the amount of noise you hear. I am a New Yorker so it doesn't bother me, but be aware of that during the week. Also, this restaurant does not accept American Express, so just be prepared before dining. It is worth a visit to eat and enjoy the scenery! It is definitely a personal fav of mine in LIC.Special Features:
- Restaurant with a great view.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014The restaurant has probably one of the best views of the island in LIC. The food lacks a bit. I had the pulled pork eggs something and the pulled pork was very dry. I tasted my bf's eggs Benedict and it was not memorable. I didnt taste what the other guests ordered. This would be a perfect spot in LIC when one wants to dine away from the city, if only the food was good. But since our friends live nearby we might consider giving it another try.Special Features:
- Great outdoorrosebudDined on 7/19/2014Unfortunately the wait staff is inexperienced, confused, and not trained to serve a busy night, the food is very average, overall, very nice outdoor space, but the service and food needs a lot of improving.Special Features:
- Great Place with a view for dessertDealsonmealsVIPDined on 7/12/2014Terrific dining experience with a stellar view of Manhattan just a few steps away for a second dessert--this one for the eyes. Friendly and very competent staff put it all together very nicely. Can be romantic for two alone. Friends, especially out of towners, will think you're a genius. We're especially fond of having brunch here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamfoodieDined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful time.The fish was cooked perfectly.My hus badn had the steak and he could not find a fault. The view was fabulous. The owner came over to see how things were going and that is always a plus. Highly recommend and will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Was ok not worth the price food was blahhhh lacked flavor
- Always a pleasuredgarcia85Dined on 6/27/2014I've been here 3 times so far. I like to bring family and friends from out of town to enjoy this amazing LIC treasure.Special Features:
- Great viewshungryVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food is ordinary but views are great. Scallop appetizer was too salty. Hanger steak main course was average. French fries were pretty good. Service was slow. Prices were average.Special Features:
- dependablePatandRonDined on 6/21/2014The experience has been dependable for good food and good service, everytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceKathyDined on 6/14/2014We went here for a birthday celebration. The service was excellent. Although there is no kid menu, the staff had no problem whipping up some spaghetti and meatballs for our child. We ordered 2 bottles of a Rioja which was excellent. All of the dinners our guests ordered were cooked to perfection. The seafood diablo was TO DIE FOR, and the filet mignon was terrific. When we were leaving, the bar in the front was livening up and the music was great for a Saturday night bar scene. We will definately be coming back.Special Features:
- Mother's Day lunchMynyceatsDined on 5/11/2014Expensive Mother's Day menu, our food was brought out cold, waited 1.5 hours before we were served, staff was horrific, never again. It's a shame, this used to be a nice restaurant but new management is terrible.Special Features:
- Food great, very bad service.SaJBDined on 5/11/2014They were over booked, still they took walk ins. Had a reservation but waited 40 min. to be seated another 40 min. to get water and drinks. Waited for every course and when salads came there was no dressing also, salt, pepper and some of the forks were missing from the table and the extra glasses were never removed. It was a fixed price menu and no other orders would be taken but when the bill came there was an extra dinner on the bill at a different price from the fixed menu, they also added a 20% tip not mention on the menu. Had them redo the bill but my credit card has been charge for both and I had to call to have it removed. I know it was Mothers Day and restaurants can be busy but this was the worst I have ever seen.
- Price fix Mother's Day lunchMomof2inhbDined on 5/11/2014Good food at reasonable prices but the waiter was slow to bring drinks and check. Kids eat free on Mother's Day which was awesome!! They don't take Amex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you like it noisy, it's greatgadtVIPDined on 5/10/2014There were a lot of problems with this visit: Reserved a table for 3, got a table for 2 set for 3. Asked for a different table, another of the same offered. Tons of noisy kids running around. Absolutely no effort to keep them in check by parents or staff. cigarette smoke wafting in from outdoors. There's more, but that's the main stuff. This was 5:30-7:30 on Saturday night, day before Mother's Day. Food is good enough if you can endure the rest.
- The following 359 reviews are from the Riverview reviews archive.
- Food wasn't greatMinnieDined on 5/2/2014This was the second time at The Riverview. The staff was friendly but the restrooms were messy and loud level was very high. The food was better the first time I was there. It seemed the Restaurant has changed or maybe it was just a bad night for the chef. I'm not sure if I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian by the RiverdinealotDined on 4/26/2014Spaghetti Bolognese was excellent, Pizza's was great as a starter. Excellent menu selection. Wine I thought a little pricey and limited selectionSpecial Features:
- BrunchCrunchyFriesVIPDined on 4/20/2014I was a bit worried about this place based on reviews I have read, but overall it was a decent experience. The buffet had a nice variety of offerings and I think the price is fair for all you can eat. A big drawback was no beverage addition--only a la carte (we would have paid an upcharge for a beverage package, e.g. unlimited mimosas). The staff could be friendlier and not stare at diners while they are eating--most of the time they were gathered in a corner and either watching you or gossiping (I'm not saying they were talking about my party, but still it was uncomfortable). Our server also could have done a better job describing the dishes that were offered as there were no item display cards at the buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeluv2dineDined on 4/18/2014Went on a date, and she loved it. Nice view, setting and ambiance. Very eclectic. Food was really good. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFrankWillsDined on 4/12/2014My family and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary here at the Riverview. We could not have chosen a better place. The waiters were very attentive and it was so caring to see management and owner walking around greeting the patrons. VIP was exactly as it should be. Our utmost thanks and appreciation and we hope much success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayRonBDined on 2/14/2014Had a great course pre fixe menu... very tasty and server was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- home run on Valentines DayTheFoodExpertDined on 2/14/2014The place was great. My GF had never had Filet Mignon and now she is hooked. The service was ok although my waiter was hard to find at times. The one aspect I was caught off guard with was the pre fix dinner menu for the night. All in all I def would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruined our valentine's dayAndyOllyDined on 2/14/2014We were not told that our only option was a $95 per person Valentine's meal. But the main issue was the way in which they treated us as we left. Totally unapologetic and totally rude. We ended up somewhere else which was fine but I was very frustrated the rest of our night from having wasted time and money ($7 for drinking a sip of their water)
- worst restaurant experience everhorribleDined on 2/14/2014Food is decent but over priced. The manager is a joke and service is horrible. It was the worst restaurant experience I ever had. I was treated horribly on Valentine's day by the staff but this is regular. If you read reviews online you will see that tony the owner doesn't know anything about his business and its really just a horrible establishment. Please don't go here their is plenty of great restaurant s in LIC. I work in the area and this place is always empty. What is amazing is they are still in business. They probably just need a different owner though.
- DisappointedMrWhiteDined on 2/14/2014We booked on open table but found out the day of that there was only 1 prefixed menu unfortunately we did not stay since it's our first time there . We would be charged $95 per person. The waitress stated that it mention it on their website and I checked later that evening and it wasn't .
- Good, but less than expectedTonyZonyVIPDined on 2/7/2014We went late on a post snow Friday. I thought it was an upscale, high end place. We were one of 4 tables there. The hostess never alerted wait staff and I had to get up to flag a waiter. After that experience was better. Our waiter Carlos was attentive and the food was very good. I just felt the name of the place was misleading. I certainly couldn't see the river from my table. They said summer is excellent with outside tables, but I just don't quite see it. So if u want good food in a comfortable setting, I recommend. If u want spectacular views, I might try some place else or atleast go in the summer.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve dinnergem0920Dined on 12/31/2013we reserved this place quite last minute for a group of 10 people. The food was outstanding! Great NYE menu - really enjoyed the Tiramisu, the lemon sole, and the arugula salad (the dressing was so yummy). The service though was very mediocre - maybe because it was NYE and they were getting ready for prepping the place for a party afterwards. The view was great of course. Would come back again.Special Features:
- Christmas dinner special menulongtimeeaterDined on 12/25/2013Food was not terrible, but nothing special. Beer list was super generic, wine was overpriced, and furniturchipped and rickety. Service was very friendly and attentive, though.Special Features:
- GREAT place!Hazelina13Dined on 12/25/2013Visiting from Australia with two friends of mine, my mum had arranged to pay for our entire bill as a gift (as a surprise for us). When we arrived at our table, Hassan, the owner of the restaurant, came out and introduced himself and said that they were happy to help us and that they could arrange for us anything on the menu (regardless of the set menu; we were there Christmas day), which was so lovely of them. They really looked after us and we could not have had a better Christmas dinner experience in New York. The food was amazing, the staff attentive and so friendly. Also the view of Manhattan & the water was amazing! I really recommend this place to anyone. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view but too expensiveAntonioDined on 12/25/2013Medium restaurant with good food and service but not outstanding. Great view on East River and Manhattan. Really overpriced, we had a xmas menu for 3 adults and 2 kids for 235 USD! Better go for a walk and eat somewhere else...Special Features:
- fair96tilinfinityDined on 12/21/2013The only thing I didn't like was the outside dining room, too coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, terrificRanchcraftDined on 11/28/2013Great experience, terrific views of Empire State building and Chrysler building at night, but the service was slow and not very attentive.Special Features:
- Great Thanksgiving MealDzuyenDined on 11/28/2013The food was great. I loved the scallops and rack of lamb. My husband enjoyed his filet. The service began sub-par but did improve toward the end. We were initially seated outside on the street, which is great during the summertime as the view is amazing BUT this was in the middle of November and very cold outside. The heating lamps just weren't providing enough heat to make a difference. We had to be very persuasive to the waiter and hostess to let us sit inside as the inner room was not full despite the claim from the hostess that the whole room was pre-booked by patrons for the same time frame. In the end, we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner inside a nice, warm, and clean atmosphere. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited for special ThanksgivingRandyDined on 11/28/2013Visited for special Thanksgiving menu. Had a fantastic and varied menu. Skipped the turkey this year and went for Filet Mignon. Everything from end to end was well done, service was efficient. Always a good option in the neighborhood, whether ordering for delivery or dining at the restaurant itself. Great for outdoor eating in the spring/summer too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverview ExperienceFontsDined on 11/23/2013The wait staff was friendly and fast as well as knowledgeable. They made great suggestions. The ambiance and atmosphere was great. I would recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Location, should be better!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2013Location on the water is great for family brunch. There is a nice playground around the corner. Restaurant is nicely spread out, so there is room for kids to spread out! Brunch menu was fine, but food was bland, bland, bland! The children's menu had nice stuff -- fish and chips, French toast. The main part of the menu being omelets and different types of eggs benedict, all served with really bland potatoes -- no spice no flavor. They should ditch those and give the excellent fries that came with the fish and chips instead. The menu and the vibe was more about going through the motions of brunch as an afterthought, rather than really making things appetizing. The good news is that it could easily be improved, and the location is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & wonderful serviceKateDined on 10/26/2013A gem of LIC. The staff was very attentive even as the restaurant became crowded. The food especially the rib-eye steak which was a special of the night was amazing. I kept taking bites off my husband's plate. The beet salad with goat cheese was also very good. We're planning on having our engagement party here. It was that good and the private room in front of the city view was just the icing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overcooked steak, empty restaurantBillDined on 10/18/2013The Good: We had a nice glass of Riesling. My girlfriend enjoyed her Seafood Fettuccini. The bad: I ordered a steak for $26, requested medium rare, it came out completely grey. They did however cook up a new one. Overall the value isn't very good. Overpriced food for a sub-par experience. The restaurant is huge and was empty on a Friday night. That should have been a clue to me. The large empty space did not provide a warm atmosphere. For the price I would have rather just gone somewhere nicer in Manhattan.
- Fabulous jet set brunchAnnetteDined on 10/6/2013Great brunch ! Outstanding way to start a week ! Food was delicious and music great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.