29311 SE Stark Street
Troutdale, OR 97060Neighborhood:
Gresham / Troutdale
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://yoshidariverview.com/
- Phone: 5036613663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30 - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, International
- Executive Chef: Ryan Hampton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: While we are not in a position to provide servers, we can certainly supply all the food necessary for a large scale event. Contact Katrina Coy at 503.661.5768 for more information
- Entertainment: Live nightly performances from some of the area's most highly regarded pianists and musicians.
- Special Events: Winemaker Dinners, multi-course dinners for holidays, Easter Brunch, Mother's Day Brunch, Father's Day Brunch.
A word from Riverview Restaurant
The Riverview Restaurant was specifically designed to take advantage of the natural beauty of the region and provide an exceptional view of Troutdale’s scenic Sandy River. The gazebo and manicured grounds have been designed to explore, host weddings and receptions, and for entertainment or musical venues. Our talented team of chefs apply their extensive knowledge and experience of food preparation while using the finest Northwest ingredients. Thank you for considering our restaurant for your dining experience. We are delighted to be of service to you and hope that you will soon become a frequent visitor to the Riverview Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Riverview Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Gresham / Troutdale ›
Riverview Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (94)scenic view (91)special occasion (78)romantic (72)good for groups (36)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (20)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Terrific view, okay foodJohnDined on 8/29/2014We were able to be seated on the outdoor patio along the river, so the view was outstanding. But our food (wild salmon) was slightly overcooked, and (according to my wife) a little "chewy." Perhaps we ordered the wrong item from the menu. But our waiter was absolutely great ... attentive without hovering, positive and jovial without being syrupy.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING, YUMMY111ConnieDined on 8/29/2014We love going to Riverview because we know we will always get a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Overall excellent. Beautiful ambience, great food and service.Special Features:
- WonderfulghosttownwaltzDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time there and I will be definitely be going back. Food and service was wonderful. Being right next to the river can't be beat.Special Features:
- RiverviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Loved Riverview - we went for our anniversary and the food, service and ambiance all perfect! Exceptional and very nice waiter! We sat outside in the forest next to the Sandy River - lovely! My only minor complaint was prior to being seated for dinner we sat in the bar for happy hour and it was quite busy. This would have been normally all fine and acceptable except the bartender kept complaining about how busy and crazied they were plus I detected a faint smell of the garbage from the otherside of the bar. So I would suggest for them to not voice their rushed agitation to their patrons and clean up the behind the back of the bar. Then this experience would have been a 5+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully Just a Fluke...markndeb38Dined on 8/22/2014Took 3 hours from start to finish for a table of 4 to eat. Had a $30 New York that was very small and so over cooked I had to send it back, which took an additional 30 minutes for a new one and they didn't offer a discount... Service was what you would expect for a fully packed restaurant, but it wasn't packed at all! We've eaten here twice within 2 weeks and both times the result was equally disappointing. We won't be going back anytime soon...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We've dined here before. I made reservations online and briefly mentioned that since it was an anniversary dinner we'd appreciate something near a window. The evening turned out to be stellar and we dined outside on the deck. The service, food and overall experience was as good as the weather! Our server - "Tuesday" - was great from beginning to end. We appreciated that the manager stopped by to check on our dining experience and hung out for just general conversation, also wishing us a happy anniversary. This all was followed by a congratulatory desert! We can highly recommend the restaurant for both out of town guests and friends who may not have experienced it before. Certainly a repeat.Special Features:
- Another great anniversary dinnerMarkRDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner here again for the 4th time in the last 8 years. Very nice outdoor dining spot. Great service from everyone, food was very good, prices have increased so a little on the high end but the ambiance helps justify it. Don't prefer a forced tip amount on our bill, I'd like to choose my own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining with terrific settingZeldaDined on 8/21/2014Food was excellent, servers were friendly and very responsive. Its a beautiful setting, perfect for romance or taking out of town visitors to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014food was decent but nothing to rave about, service was a little slow, but the ambiance and scenery made it a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014We loved everything about the Riverview Restaurant. The outdoor dining is spectacular, our dinner was exceptional, the bar menu and happy hour is simply the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceNavymomDined on 8/15/2014What a wonderful place to share a meal with family or friends. The food was amazing and the service was exceptional. We had a variety of dishes and they were all delicious! Will be going here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSrhinazDined on 8/13/2014Took out of town guest to this amazing spot, so tranquil eating outside under the treetops along the river...another amazing meal!!Special Features:
- River view Restaurant Rocks!Luv2eatDined on 8/10/2014Great setting, great food, great service, wonderful live music, fabulous wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteSrhinazDined on 8/8/2014We eat here each time we fly out of Portland. Eating outside in a great setting makes for a fantastic experience..Special Features:
- Fantastic SettingLenaDined on 8/7/2014Riverview Restaurant is a wonderful outdoor dining experience in the summer because of the great view and beautiful water and trees surrounding the restaurant and is wonderful in the winter because of the ambience inside. I love the fireplaces and the piano playing. When dining in the summer, it is a great place to take children as you can walk them around in the gardens. The food is delightfully prepared and delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Excellent food + outstanding atmosphere/ music + great scenery + good friends = pleasant summer evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place. Service was OFFTravisDined on 8/2/2014First time dining experience for my wife and I celebrating our 11th anniversary. I made reservations well in advance and asked that we be given a preferred location, but they failed to reserve a good table with a view. Service was MUCH to be desired. Food took a long time to come out. When it did, it was the wrong food/plate. The server recorded it wrong and admitted to it. We didn't want to wait for them to cook the correct meal so we shared one plate. They gave us dessert for free though (took forever!). We grew increasing frustrated how long it took for our server to check on us. We sat not eating our dinner (since one plate wasn't ours) for probably 5 minutes before someone even noticed and checked on us. Also screwed up the check.Special Features:
- KarenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014wonderful view, ambiance, forested setting. we love it for happy hour and now for our anniversary dinner. great all around!Special Features:
- Not Going Backredriderj8Dined on 7/30/2014On a Wednesday night, with a reservation, we had to wait 15mins to be seated... The service was very slow, the soups arrived without the bread and the bread took its time finding our table, but it was good! We ordered the Halibut and Ravioli. The Ravioli was slightly undercooked and the oil had separated from the sauce. The Halibut was very, very overcooked and the jasmine rice very bland. The waiter took the fish and promised to bring another, but after 20mins we finally asked the buss boy for the check. The Halibut was not charged and before we left the waiter handed us a to go box with a new Halibut meal, with an apology. We were there for just over 90mins! For the price, the quality and portion sizes are just not realistic.Special Features:
- Wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Great food, great server, great location and a great anniversary. We will be back.Special Features:
- Delicious & fun!JewelsDined on 7/27/2014We especially enjoyed the calamari appetizers, some of the best ever. Our waiter, Andrew, was friendly & efficient. Outside seating with live piano music & a view of the river was quite nice. Our favorites were the steaks, ravioli, cobbler & carrot cake! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- We found our fave restaurantbeckyDined on 7/25/2014We found Riverview Restaurant through Groupon. My husband and I went there the weekend before our wedding, it was a great place for romantic dinners and special occasions. The ambiance was lovely and the service was awesome.Special Features:
- A jem in the riverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014This was a very yummy surprise! The best steak we have every had in our lives. Very nice overall experience with the river seating view, wonderful service, and excellent meals. Can't wait to go back for happy hour next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The view and ambience is awesome. The food was mediocre. Service was good but if you are in any kind of a hurry, this is not the place for you. Overall a nice experience as long as you don't set your expectations too high about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 33rd AnniversarylutefiskloverDined on 7/25/2014Our first visit was awesome, and we'll be back soon. Tuesday (our server) was awesome. Food was well worth the moderately high price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailsgoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Wonderful food and view of the Sandy River. Service was very good even as busy as he was. Lots of personality. Appetizers-Excellent, lots of flavor. Dinner was wonderful. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my2centsDined on 7/20/2014Great restaurant in a lovely setting. Appetizer was so-so but main entree was delicious. Good service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great settingHonuManDined on 7/18/2014We'd been there before for happy hour, which was very tasty and well priced. Dinner was nice, mainly because of the service and venue. The prices are fair for what you get. My only complaints are the halibut was cooked well but over sauced for such a nice piece of fish and the prime rib was an ok cut of meat prepared well enough. A better quality cut of meat would have made it a great meal. All in all, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet another great experience!FoodtwistDined on 7/16/2014This is the third time my wife and I have gone there, each time we go it is great and personal! Riverview has become the go to place for our anniversary dinner date and the times we feel like getting dressed up to go out, no you don't have to but we do anyway! The weekdays is more informal as the weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In-laws Anniversary dinnerfoodloverDined on 7/13/2014The food was a little pricey but very good. The homemade loaves of bread were delicious. If you have time to hang around and enjoy whoever you are eating with, this is a great place. If you are wanting to grab a quick bite to eat and be on your way...not so much. We were a little disappointed that the table we had reserved seemed to have been taken by the owner who decided to dine there at the last minute (that table was near the windows were the view would have been much better). The service was good, and the live musicians were good and friendly. Wait staff were accomodating.Special Features:
- Riverview never disappoints!YoshidaspleasesDined on 7/12/2014We've eaten here several times and are never sorry. The consistency of the preparation and quality of food plus the special attention from the wait staff make this one of the best experiences in the greater Portland area!Special Features:
- DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014The restaurant has a lovely deck overlooking the Sandy River and it was nice to see the people floating by below on their rafts and kayaks. But, that was the end of its charms. Our waiter greeted us by telling us that Prime Rib was the special of the day, but, someone in the kitchen must have been asleep since it was definitely overcooked, medium well and over. I asked if the scallops in a dish were bay or sea, was told sea, got bay. Then when the bay scallops arrived, they were smothered in rosemary, no essence of scallops left what-so-ever. The appetizers were flat, uninteresting. Therefore, if you want a drink, a nice view and shade, this is the spot. If you want good food too, it is not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014Been to Riverview several times and as the times before the service and food were exceptional. A nice place to enjoy a quiet dinner with family and friends. Must have the Banana Foster.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant!righteousrogDined on 7/6/2014Riverview has become our favorite restaurant over the last several years. The food is always top notch, and the service is always friendly. As a music lover I always appreciate the live jazz piano. Our favorite is Craig Bidondo and his bass player Tim on Sunday nights. Top notch players with winning personalities too! We always like to take a stroll by the gazebo after dinner or go on the deck and look at the river go by. The dessert menu is delicious too. I rarely save room for dessert, but I do here! Perfect sizes for two people to share and get their fill. A beautiful drive along the historic highway just east of troutdale and you're there. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed....DinerDiva69Dined on 7/5/2014I've been to Riverview a few times now, and this was by far the worst visit. Waiter was fine, if not a little over friendly, but fine. Wine was good, but the food was cold! It was literally Luke warm at best. The appetizer (supposed to be warm) was cold with cold bread sticks. Our entrees came out so fast, we were pleased until we started eating. I had the halibut, and the cream cheese sauce was congealed on top, like it had been sitting in the window a while. Broccolini was also Luke warm, as were the mashed potatoes. Ended with the creme brûlée...again, not good at all. Very flavorless, which surprised me based on the description from the menu. My friend and I decided to find another restaurant for our future nights out.
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent. We sat out on the deck and enjoyed the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love this placegrandfunkeDined on 7/5/2014Picked Riverview for a summer evening of dining on the deck with friends from the West side. They had never been. We were so elated at how impressed they were, not only with the food, but the ambience and service. Always impressive for us as this is our 'special' place to celebrate even the smallest occasion. Thank you Cassie for your stellar service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of FiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Ambiance gets the highest rating, with attractive physical facility in a natural setting and exceptional entertainment by a piano/bass duo this Sunday evening. Menu offerings are varied, but quality of food was inconsistent. My miso salmon was moist & flavorful, but the generous bed of wild rice tasted like it had been warmed over from the previous day & the ration of sauted vegetables was nondescript.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Lovely gem tucked away in the woods. Food is great and service is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.