29311 SE Stark Street
Troutdale, OR 97060Neighborhood:
Gresham / Troutdale
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://yoshidariverview.com/
- Phone: (503) 661-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30 - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, International
- Executive Chef: Ryan Hampton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: While we are not in a position to provide servers, we can certainly supply all the food necessary for a large scale event. Contact Katrina Coy at 503.661.5768 for more information
- Entertainment: Live nightly performances from some of the area's most highly regarded pianists and musicians.
- Special Events: Winemaker Dinners, multi-course dinners for holidays, Easter Brunch, Mother's Day Brunch, Father's Day Brunch.
A word from Riverview Restaurant
The Riverview Restaurant was specifically designed to take advantage of the natural beauty of the region and provide an exceptional view of Troutdale’s scenic Sandy River. The gazebo and manicured grounds have been designed to explore, host weddings and receptions, and for entertainment or musical venues. Our talented team of chefs apply their extensive knowledge and experience of food preparation while using the finest Northwest ingredients. Thank you for considering our restaurant for your dining experience. We are delighted to be of service to you and hope that you will soon become a frequent visitor to the Riverview Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Riverview Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Gresham / Troutdale ›
Riverview Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (58)great for outdoor dining (55)special occasion (52)romantic (51)notable wine list (26)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- BarbaraDined on 11/22/2014We have dined at Riverview before. This last Saturday was our son's birthday. He has a hearty appetite and, towards the end, admitted that he might be getting full (but still had room to share the pear cobbler dessert which was wonderful). We all noted that it was the quality of the flavors...not the quantity...that fills a person up. His significant other said this was the first restaurant that she's been to that needed a reservation. LOL She is an extremely picky eater. Prime rib is her favorite and what was the special of the day? Prime Rib! It was cooked exactly as she liked. She picked at the Tuscan platter and then at the salmon cakes...again and again. We were all feeling very satisfied when we left and it was a wonderful memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JiffenDined on 11/20/2014Our first visit on a cold rainy night, so We couldn't comment on some of the rating questions. But I expect the Riverview will become a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceroscoeDined on 11/19/2014Service was outstanding and food was delicious. Waiter was very attentive. Piano playing was marvellous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bkvancouver...A great Birthday DinnerBKVancDined on 11/15/2014This is our 4th time dining at Riverview. Its just a Great restaurant, with great service and food regardless of what you order is made to perfection. Matt our server made Bananas Foster at our table and had everybody stop eating while he performed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyCoupleDined on 11/15/2014Great experience, will be back in the spring to enjoy the outdoors, and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gathering of FriendsUpperLeftCoastTravelerDined on 11/8/2014The Riverview's main dining room recently served as a perfect site for a gathering of long-time friends as we celebrated a significant life event, my wife's transition to retirement and the next stage of life's journey. The expertise and attention of the serving staff, the quality and variety of the food, the ambience highlighted by the pianist - all combined to make a perfect ending to a day of celebration. And our friends are now among Riverview's fervent admirers.Special Features:
- Won't Go BackjnutchDined on 10/25/2014We live in the area so have been here several times -- food was typically OK, nothing special. This time, however, 3 of 4 people at our table had bad meals. Two of us had the beet salad which was undercooked (couldn't cut the vegetables with a knife); Thai dish was overly spicy and the ravioli was overcooked. We won't go back until they get a better chef.
- AwsomemohaDined on 10/21/2014This restaurant is great for romantic dinner, it's amazing place, and the food speakers for it self. Ooh yea, it's not too much. It's fair price. Overall I like and I'll visit when come back to Oregon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - as always!!HappyDined on 10/19/2014Fabulous service and ambience. Such a beautiful restaurantSpecial Features:
- GREAT SETTING - GREAT FOODSalemAtty1Dined on 10/17/2014Delicious start to finish Romantic setting/seating Perfect for Our Anniversary, AND they remembered to note the occasionSpecial Features:
- Why not busier?RoadWarrior45VIPDined on 10/15/2014This place has all of the elements to be a great Portland area dining spot except for customers. The food was very good, the ambiance was equally good and having a live piano player adds to the charmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!DenkoDined on 10/14/2014This place was amazing! Took my fiancée here for her birthday and we both loved it! Definitely recommend this place to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as nice and fancy as I was toldbettercharmDined on 9/26/2014When we got there, the first thing we noticed were the employees outside the establishment smoking and spitting. When we got through the door the woman who greeted/sat us was very friendly. The waiter we had was very friendly as well but when we were done with our food it took him a while to clear our plates. I gave him my card to pay and it took him about 15 minutes to bring it back. We were sitting outside and thought he may have forgot about us. The food was amazing. Not much of a view from outside looking at the river. A lot of brush and left over tree logs from when one was cut down. Also some trash was left below the deck. The bathroom a little dirty (tp on the floor, feminine basket overflowing) Other than that, it's an ok place.Special Features:
- oktryagainDined on 9/19/2014My husband abd have always had a good experience here. Service is always good. This time the food was mediocre which was disappointing. My husband had the prime rib with mashed potatoes. He said it was "alright" and left quite a bit on his plate. I had the prawns and scallops. The rice was dry, seafood over cooked and there was a ton of rosemary in the dish which made it really hard to eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Not recommended!! Been there twice and both times the food was not cooked to choice. Service is great!Special Features:
- OK dining experience but not greatGZzzzVIPDined on 9/13/2014First visit to Riverview. We were warmly greeted & seated on the deck near the Sandy River. View was pleasant but the area around the deck isn't well maintained so not that pleasant to view. Abundant knats buzzed us & our meal constantly which challenged relaxed dining. Waiter greeted us promptly but we weren't ready to order drinks, so he waited other tables. Took over 15 minutes before he returned and nearly as long for water to be delivered to our table. Salads were tasty but too much dressing (mushy). Husband's soup was good & he enjoyed his ravioli. I tried cod/shrimp skewers with panko but it was so heavily crusted that tasting the fish was nearly impossible. Live piano music at dinner was wonderful. Overall a C+ experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfied customerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Delightful dining experience. Scrumptious meal on a late summer's evening outside on the spacious deck overlooking the Sandy River. Can'the wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting, but not quietHueyDined on 9/11/2014The food was good and nicely presented. Overall we enjoyed our time there. However, there were a few things which kept us from giving it a higher rating: When we ordered salad we were told they were out of the lettuce! (AFter we ordered, the waiter did come back and let us know they did have some after all.) Then when we ordered dessert carrot cake we were told they were out of that too. We had to order something different. The waiter completely forgot to bring my chowder soup I ordered and then charged us for it on the bill. He did not realized he'd not brought the chowder to us until we checked our bill. The restaurant was about 1/2 full with a guitarist who played so loudly that it was difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UTC2UTC2Dined on 9/9/2014Lovely setting. Undoubtedly the best restaurant in the area. The wait was eager to please and successfully arranged for requested deviations from the menu. Pricing is fair and well worthy for the food, service and setting. This is the second time here and the only place in this area that I would choose in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant !!!AlanJDined on 9/9/2014The food, service, atmosphere, and deserts were all outstanding. We will be back soon !Special Features:
- excellent dining experiencervrdiner1Dined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed having a romantic night out with my husband as well as celebrating my birthday. we made reservations and were seated riverside promptly. Our server was friendly and efficient. We come here for special occasions and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner DelightORfoodloverDined on 9/5/2014The Riverview offered a woodsy, riverside venue that was so pleasant. The quality of the meals was superb as was the service. The pianist's selections were also marvelous and just at the right volume level. Plan to return again soon.Special Features:
- oregonnativeDined on 9/2/2014We were dining with 3 other couples and beginning a wonderful vacation with each other. Enjoying dinner at the Riverview provided a great beginning to our adventure together.Special Features:
- Terrific view, okay foodJohnDined on 8/29/2014We were able to be seated on the outdoor patio along the river, so the view was outstanding. But our food (wild salmon) was slightly overcooked, and (according to my wife) a little "chewy." Perhaps we ordered the wrong item from the menu. But our waiter was absolutely great ... attentive without hovering, positive and jovial without being syrupy.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING, YUMMY111ConnieDined on 8/29/2014We love going to Riverview because we know we will always get a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Overall excellent. Beautiful ambience, great food and service.Special Features:
- WonderfulghosttownwaltzDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time there and I will be definitely be going back. Food and service was wonderful. Being right next to the river can't be beat.Special Features:
- RiverviewbannerobertsDined on 8/22/2014Loved Riverview - we went for our anniversary and the food, service and ambiance all perfect! Exceptional and very nice waiter! We sat outside in the forest next to the Sandy River - lovely! My only minor complaint was prior to being seated for dinner we sat in the bar for happy hour and it was quite busy. This would have been normally all fine and acceptable except the bartender kept complaining about how busy and crazied they were plus I detected a faint smell of the garbage from the otherside of the bar. So I would suggest for them to not voice their rushed agitation to their patrons and clean up the behind the back of the bar. Then this experience would have been a 5+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully Just a Fluke...markndeb38Dined on 8/22/2014Took 3 hours from start to finish for a table of 4 to eat. Had a $30 New York that was very small and so over cooked I had to send it back, which took an additional 30 minutes for a new one and they didn't offer a discount... Service was what you would expect for a fully packed restaurant, but it wasn't packed at all! We've eaten here twice within 2 weeks and both times the result was equally disappointing. We won't be going back anytime soon...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We've dined here before. I made reservations online and briefly mentioned that since it was an anniversary dinner we'd appreciate something near a window. The evening turned out to be stellar and we dined outside on the deck. The service, food and overall experience was as good as the weather! Our server - "Tuesday" - was great from beginning to end. We appreciated that the manager stopped by to check on our dining experience and hung out for just general conversation, also wishing us a happy anniversary. This all was followed by a congratulatory desert! We can highly recommend the restaurant for both out of town guests and friends who may not have experienced it before. Certainly a repeat.Special Features:
- Another great anniversary dinnerMarkRDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner here again for the 4th time in the last 8 years. Very nice outdoor dining spot. Great service from everyone, food was very good, prices have increased so a little on the high end but the ambiance helps justify it. Don't prefer a forced tip amount on our bill, I'd like to choose my own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining with terrific settingZeldaDined on 8/21/2014Food was excellent, servers were friendly and very responsive. Its a beautiful setting, perfect for romance or taking out of town visitors to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014food was decent but nothing to rave about, service was a little slow, but the ambiance and scenery made it a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014We loved everything about the Riverview Restaurant. The outdoor dining is spectacular, our dinner was exceptional, the bar menu and happy hour is simply the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceNavymomDined on 8/15/2014What a wonderful place to share a meal with family or friends. The food was amazing and the service was exceptional. We had a variety of dishes and they were all delicious! Will be going here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSrhinazDined on 8/13/2014Took out of town guest to this amazing spot, so tranquil eating outside under the treetops along the river...another amazing meal!!Special Features:
- River view Restaurant Rocks!Luv2eatDined on 8/10/2014Great setting, great food, great service, wonderful live music, fabulous wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteSrhinazDined on 8/8/2014We eat here each time we fly out of Portland. Eating outside in a great setting makes for a fantastic experience..Special Features:
- Fantastic SettingLenaDined on 8/7/2014Riverview Restaurant is a wonderful outdoor dining experience in the summer because of the great view and beautiful water and trees surrounding the restaurant and is wonderful in the winter because of the ambience inside. I love the fireplaces and the piano playing. When dining in the summer, it is a great place to take children as you can walk them around in the gardens. The food is delightfully prepared and delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Excellent food + outstanding atmosphere/ music + great scenery + good friends = pleasant summer evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.