143 West Lincoln Highway
Exton, PA 19341Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riverstonecafe.com/
- Phone: 6105942233x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: David Wassel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private party & banquet room for up to 60 guests and full restaurant buyout is available for up to 200 guests depending on date. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Mercadante 6105942233x
- Special Events: Tapas are wonderful for entertaining and the Riverstone Café is a great place to hold any office function, birthday, or other special occasion. Tapas are wonderful for entertaining. Small bites of food, often enjoyed as finger foods, make perfect party pickings. And the Riverstone Café is a great place to hold any office function, birthday, or other special occasion. Our private party room can comfortably accommodate 40 to 60 guests. We can provide you with a sit down reception, butlered hors d'oeuvres, buffet, and a cash -or- open bar.
And, depending on the date of your event, you can get your own private restaurant at a fraction of the cost of "traditional" catered banquet halls. Take a Virtual Tour of our restaurant here right now!
A word from Riverstone Cafe
Riverstone Café, a Unique Tapas, Oyster & Martini Bar, is a mecca for Oyster & Martini fanatics everywhere! From a stone-topped bar to a wall of riverstones washed with a waterfall, Riverstone Cafe is a wow from beginning to end. The space is open and airy, with lots of natural light, and honey-colored wooden tables and chairs scattered throughout. An open raw bar in one corner, flanked by a chic martini bar across the room. And the entire place is smoke free! Our raw bar features at least 7-8 daily Oyster choices, available individually or by the half-dozen or dozen. Enjoy a perfectly chilled (to 5 degrees!) flavored vodka from our one of a kind "Chill Tower"! Wandering the global culinary map, Riverstone Café showcases the talents of our Executive Chef and his entire culinary staff. Featuring an American Tapas menu, our petite or "mini" entrees offer a constant source of fresh quality foods and seasonal variety.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Riverstone Cafe - Best Restaurants in Exton ›
Riverstone Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (23)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (16)good for groups (12)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- nice place to meetFrenchvilleDined on 8/27/2014Great food, very tasty, super service. Convenient parking close to restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great buck a shuckLOUYDined on 8/13/2014They have extended buck a shuck to include lunch on Wednesday and Thursday Great quality oystersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK2run4itDined on 8/10/2014No Sunday brunch smoked salmon and cheesecake, as was usual, was a disappointment.Special Features:
- DinnerFridayVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always a great meal, great service. Oysters are always fresh, excellent selectionI would recommend this to a friend.
- ChoeyDined on 7/31/2014Loved it. Will definitely be back with my husband to share the new experiece. Took the person who serves as my job reference there to treat him, and I felt like I definitely gave him the treat I wanted to. Great food, wonderful service, and very nice interior and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good tapas!JohnnieBDined on 7/24/2014A great place to dine if you are looking for the chance to combine several small plates between the two of you and share. Outstanding flavors and gourmet cooking! While we were able to hold a conversation, there was some noise emanating from the bar also located in the main room of the restaurant.Special Features:
- The service was good, meal as well1971NovaDined on 7/19/2014While the dinner and service were very good. I don't like the wine by the bottle only. Many patrons of restaurants like to order wine by the glass of the favorite.Special Features:
- Awful ExperienceDateNightCriticDined on 7/19/2014We thought a place that had an oyster and martini bar would be great. We were seated outside, where we ordered a beer for me and a dirty Bombay Sapphire martini for my wife. We were told that that would be the last martini because they were out of olive juice. We ordered several tapas dishes and a dozen oysters. They had no horseradish to go with the oysters. What martini bar runs out of olive juice at 7 pm on a Saturday, and what oyster bar has no horseradish? We also had to ask multiple times for plates. And again for silverware. And we never got salt and pepper. The mushroom soup was good, but the sliders were bland and over-breaded at best, the calamari was flavorless and it's accompanying sauce was terrible. Will never go back.
- very niceheddyDined on 7/19/2014We had a group of 6 and sat outside. Our waitress was amazing, great service. food was good and good for sharing.Special Features:
- Enjoyed RiverstonefoodiegriffDined on 7/16/2014Delicious mushroom flatbread; excellent swordfish-with-bean sauce tapa, along with a delightful waitress who was most accommodating. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchFrenchvilleDined on 7/11/2014Outstanding lunch with associate. Service was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lovin' Gone BadWwpilotDined on 7/2/2014Unlike the 70's rock hit, I was in Good Company, the evening was beautiful, and my wife and I were returning to one of the most reliably tasty and fun restaurants we've enjoyed in Chester County over the years. What could possibly go wrong? Almost everything. Sadly, Riverstone is under new management. From friendly service and delicious oysters and tapas in a fun setting, in the space of a week it's been transformed into curt greetings, late or not-received beverages and oysters, and a new policy of only "house wines" by the glass even though the menu still shows others available. It's sad to see how a new owner can so quickly ruin a delightful restaurant. We won't be back, a sentiment echoed by several other regulars around us that night.
- Late Fathers Day CelebrationGrtdiningDined on 6/29/2014The restaurant was recommended to us by a family member because of the "ice-cold" vodka served". We had our martini's. They were good but, we found nothing special about them. The food specialty is tapas. The cheese plate was very good; the mushroom flatbread was good; the prime steak and the short ribs were very average. Our server was a delight; very personable but, efficient. She only asked one question- "is everything okay" and then left us alone. The outdoor patio overlooks the parking lot; not a very romantic setting. The furniture was quite plain but, clean. We enjoyed ourselves because of the good conversation but, very likely will not return.
- First timer.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2014The food was very good. The service was quite good, friendly, and accommodating. The ari conditioning was not functioning well. It was cooler outside than inside on a very hot evening. I still would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We have had lunch at the Riverstone Cafe several times and have enjoyed the food and service. My husband loves oysters and has always enjoyed the selection. The Sunday, Father's Day brunch was wonderful. The selection of food was great, everything kept warm and presented with such a nice flair. The service was wonderful. My husband, myself and two boys age 14 and 16 all enjoyed at great Brunch and we thank you for the wonderful service of great food and care.Special Features:
- All thumbs, no personable demeanor.2run4itDined on 6/15/2014Young reservation personnel not accommodating even when we had a reservation. Several better tables were open and not reserved, but professed not available. This place would benefit with more friendly and personable management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverstone is greatMcSwizzleVIPDined on 6/13/2014I always bring my people to Riverstone and can't wait to hear what Chef David Wassel has concocted for the days special. It is always imaginative and delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014The martinis, oysters, tapas, and service were all great. Worth a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful PlacePennyDined on 6/1/2014This is a great place to take guest from out of town because there is something for everyone's taste buds. The service is outstanding and the location is great for parking and ease to access from Route 30 or Route 100.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotFoodfanVIPDined on 5/29/2014Altho a little difficult to find - not sure why the restaurant name isn't on the main signage with some of the other stores in this mall - once found, we were very impressed. Nice decor, tons to choose from on the menu and good service. The beef sliders were especially delicious. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchLuvBeachDiningVIPDined on 5/25/2014Riverstone is a great place for Sunday brunch. In addition to the awesome oysters, there is a really wonderful omelet bar and lots of other choices to make everyone happy. There were five of us and everyone agreed. Several had drinks and said they were also well done. The service is very good. We went on a Holiday weekend Sunday so it wasn't very crowded. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchJohnDined on 5/18/2014Very well presented bruch with a lot of variety, will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory the momentMcSwizzleVIPDined on 5/15/2014Chef David Wassel never ceases to amaze me with his specials of the day. From rabbit pot pie, to the island salad with the strawberry, almond brittle, I am always excited to here what he has conjured up next! Before you start, order yourself a martini with blue cheese stuffed olives from the vodka tap. So cold and so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!3thumbsupDined on 5/12/2014This was our first visit to Riverstone Cafe. The food was outstanding! We ordered a couple of small plates a salad and an entree. Everything was delicious. Service was average......friendly but a bit slow. Overall it was a good experience. And we loved the decor! We will go back for sure!!!Special Features:
- Great Sunday Brunch!NetteyDined on 5/11/2014Got a last minute email for opentable for Mothers Day and decided to go with Riverstone as I heard it had a really nice brunch - was not disappointed. Nice selection of hot foods, carving station and made to order omelettes along with nice selection of desserts. One word of advice - come earlier in the morning to get the full selection.Special Features:
- mothers day brunchphillyfoodstarDined on 5/11/2014Very attentive staff. Well organized and good food. A few items on the buffet were just okbut overall great quality and selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchpolkadotkittyDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed brunch on Mother's Day. Food choices for everyone including kids.Special Features:
- The following 527 reviews are from the Riverstone Cafe reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Variety of food was good. Labeling dishes was great. The roast beef was tough, cut too thick and didn't have that much taste. Other than that it was an enjoyable experience. The waitress was super.
- Off-nightsocloseDined on 4/26/2014We've been frequent visitors but it has been more than 6 months since we've been there. There was a private party with many kids so it was quite noisy and hard to hear the server. I ordered a Red Berry Martini and while the description didn't "read" sweet, it was and tasted more like cough syrup. (The second Island martini was much better) The 3 tapas plates we shared were good but not what we expected. The chicken gnocchi was plentiful but the barbeque sauce was overpowering by the time we finished the dish. The lamb curry ribs were good but very fatty. We've gotten the sesame tuna many times but this time it was very bland and not up to the usual standards. I'm hoping it was just an "off" night as it was not our typical experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 hour to get goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014Waited an hour from the time order placed until food served
- Fun for GroupLuckyDined on 4/6/2014We met our young adults for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Tapas menu suited us perfecty. Martinis were really fantastic and great beer selection. Our waitress was very nice but not experienced and as a result, rushed at times: choosing our drinks, food, finishing our plates. Other than that, it's a convenient location of the PA turnpike near West Chester and food and drinks were to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls' NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2014My girls and I had a great time, enjoyed good drinks, and great food. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great Tapaslgdg71VIPDined on 3/30/2014Riverstone always has something for everyone, whether you want a nibble or something filling. Everything we had was great, it's one of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place to Go in ExtonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014I had heard about this restaurant from many of my friends and their recommendation to dine here was a good one! I especially enjoyed the beet salad, hummus and sea bass tapas. The restaurant also has a very nice selection of craft beers on tap. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Had a fabulous brunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2014Had a fabulous brunch buffet for a reasonable price. Great selection, everything fresh all the time. They even have Oysters on the Half Shell!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suday BrunchBHK55Dined on 3/16/2014Nice place, nice (but not great) brunch, nice atmosphere, good friendly service at a reasonable price.There was nothing outstanding, most things were good, the pork wrapped in bacon at the carving station looked better than it tasted.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tapas were varied leavingJennyDined on 3/10/2014The tapas were varied leaving everyone a delicious option (or two). Certainly a great group meal allowing sharing and conversation over not too small plates.Special Features:
- disappointingchristyDined on 3/2/2014Very disappointed. We came for the brunch buffet with high hopes. Unfortunately, the staff was slow to restock....the fruit platter remained empty throughout our stay. The cheese platter was fried out. Vegetables on the buffet were soggy...overcooked. Not worth the 17.95/person
- Riverstone Cafe is "Good"OOPACKDined on 2/22/2014All in all a "good" dinner and a good time with friends, including two kids. Food was good to very good depending. Flatiron steak was great. Only comment was the waiter. Nice guy but very slow and inattentive in general. Would go back for drinks at the bar.Special Features:
- PerfectPMJFDined on 2/20/2014I took a group of co-workers out for lunch and they loved the atomosphere and food. A great neighborhood gem for sure. The service was a little slow though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.