1108 East Marina Way
Hood River, OR 97031Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.riversidehoodriver.com/
- Phone: (541) 386-4410
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Mon - Fri: 6:00am - 11:00am
Sat & Sun: 6:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sat & Sun: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Mark DeResta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For more information visit our website.
- Private Party Facilities: For more information visit our website.
- Entertainment: Music in Cebu Lounge most Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Riverside
Hood River’s only waterfront restaurant with panoramic views of the Columbia River from the dining room, Cebu lounge, and outdoor deck.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Riverside - Best Restaurants in Hood River ›
Riverside reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (9)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Service with a Beautiful View!JensicaWasHereDined on 11/15/2014Lovely place with great wine and cocktails list, delicious food, and a beautiful view of the Hood River bridge. I will definitely go back here next time I'm in Hood River!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food deserves great service!goodcook9Dined on 10/19/2014Good food, creatively made by inventive chef, who does everything for your plate. Servings of everything are enormous - not necessary - who wants to order four courses when one is too much for one person? Beet salad/chevre had the merest salting of dried chevre - needs more chunks. While there were very professional wait staff working, they were not at our table. Waitress who took our order never turned in? the salad course order. After a long wait for anything to arrive, another waitress showed up with our entrees. We sent them back until after our salads. Fresh entrees did arrive later. You'd think that the place must have been packed, but only 1/3 of the tables were full, almost all couples.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewSeattleSweetieDined on 10/13/2014The place is pretty, modern- nice feel with natural wood and lots of windows to optimize the view. Food varied with a stale Caesar salad but special salad was fresh and well prepared. Seafood linguine was lacking a bit of flavor but noodles done well, fair amount of crab and shrimp on dish. Service was friendly and competent. Outdoor seating would be terrific given better temperatures since it is on the Columbia River. Don't be afraid to try it.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!PinkwomanDined on 10/11/2014We made reservations ahead of time, so they had a private booth waiting for us, looking over the view of the river. Our server was amazing...took her time with us, was extremely helpful, and even helped us make a special order request. Our salmon filet special and our top sirloin were both cooked to perfection and included yummy local vegetables. We finished our meal with a complimentary dessert from the management and left extremely satisfied! Don't let the unassuming exterior of the building fool you, this place is AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SalmonStickDined on 9/21/2014The salmon was the best ever eaten. The Veal was delicious. We love bread and the bread was wonderful. The berry cobbler with ice cream was also delicious. Breakfast the next morning was extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a ViewzzzchVIPDined on 9/19/2014Enjoy the view but eat somewhere else. The calamari was tough and rubbery. I told it was fresh but I don't believe it. The rest of the meal was just ok. Not worth what we paid. There are much better restaurants in Hood River.
- GREAT FOOD WITH GREAT SCENERYrtwrtwDined on 9/7/2014Had a late lunch on the patio overlooking the Columbia River. The food was good. Not gourmet, but a nice selection of sandwiches, burgers and lighter meals. My fish and chips were excellent. My partners salmon burger was nicely prepared, The fries are excellent and arrived piping hot! Only drawback is that the restaurant patio is attached to the patio lounging area for the main hotel and a group of young folks were yelling and screaming at friends in passing boats. Other than this distraction, the stop here was well worth it!Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantdrizzleDined on 8/29/2014The food is delicious, staff are friendly, and amazing view. Sitting outside the deck is so romantic at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCarEnthusiastDined on 8/16/2014Chef is purported to be from the now closed Abruzzo Italian - yum! Riverside service and food -terrible. Server directed conversation to one person but four were dining. Ordered soup/salads and entrees. 1)server didn't mention salads were entree sized and 2) as soon as we received our soup/salads, the server brought out our entrees! Ordered varying pasta dishes. Each was sauce and fish/meat/whatever served over watery, overcooked child's spiral pasta. Reception in adjoining room, ambiance was like sitting in car next to teenager in car with head-banging music. Hotel offers 50% second entree if have bill applied to room. Hotel bill had no discount. Skeptical at dinner as no receipt - took pic -front desk adjusted. Won't return.
- DisappointedVietnamVetsLunchDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant was slow for 1pm lunch, with most guests dining outside. Our party of 4 dined inside. A wedding party was visible and we could see a large dining area set up for their wedding reception. It took over 30 minutes to receive our coffee and wine and another 30 minutes to receive 3 of our 4 orders. We were told by our waiter that the 4th order was "taken by another server!" Lukewarm burger, steak sandwich, fish, and fries were all lukewarm but we did not send back because we figured we would never see our lunch again! As we waited, servers were everywhere but our table. It was apparent that the wedding party was occupying all available staff. POOR planning on the part of the kitchen! The view and the weather was great.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Riverside reviews archive.
- Solid waterfront diningJeffDined on 7/17/2014The Riverside restaurant at the Best Western Hood River Inn was a pleasant surprise to us outsiders, but it's evidently well known to the locals. The view of the Columbia River is outstanding from most anywhere in the restaurant, and the outside deck is especially beautiful. Being a hotel restaurant didn't prepare us for the impressive quality of the offerings. The fish was extremely fresh for dinner, and their breakfast was outstanding. Very pleasantly surprised by our experience there. Service is fantastic, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious mealBestmealDined on 7/2/2014The salmon special I ordered was perfectly prepared (rare, as I requested) with herbs, spices, mushrooms, spinach and potatoes. Simply heavenly. It was, in fact, the best dinner I had on our seven-day trip to Oregon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewBreckskiDined on 7/1/2014Despite it being 95 degrees out, the patio was lovely, overlooking the Columbia River. The only real downside, which is impossible to get away from if you want to dine outside in the Hood River area is that dang highway -- and this place puts you pretty close to it. If you can tune out the highway noise and focus on the food -- chowders are great as were the crabcakes -- then all is well. Our server was perfect -- advising on amounts of food in an honest way.Special Features:
- kellogg715711Dined on 6/29/2014Excellent food, especially the king salmon special on 6/29/14.Special Features:
- Excellent food and viewChuckDined on 6/27/2014Plenty of staff. The fish of the day and vegetables were outstanding. Right on the Columbia, every seat a perfect view. I was not sure how to fill in the noise level ber, but it was quiet, no noise.Special Features:
- Great lunch overlooking Hood RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/20/2014We were looking for a place to have a relaxing outdoor lunch with a view. The Riverside fit the bill perfectly. Food, service and ambiance was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and great food!HIfoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Would highly recommend for those that are hungry. Food servings are very generous and quality is outstanding. View is spectacular!Special Features:
- Excellent bar and restaurantlookinforclosetoperfectDined on 6/15/2014Arrived early - had a drink in the Cebu lounge. Great ambience and service; best calamari I have ever had! Relaxing dinner, beautiful view and excellent food - great prime rib special for Father's Day. All in all, a happy experience - would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful nightMelanieFDined on 6/13/2014For our last night in Oregon, we went to dinner at Riverside in Hood River. Everything about it was great: the location right on the Columbia River, the menu, the service, the wine, and especially the food. We had the crab cakes as an appetizer and then ribeyes with gnocchi for our main course. Everything was terrific and if I were looking for a special place for dinner, this would be on the list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArchiemcgruffDined on 6/6/2014We drove an hour from Portland looking for a good dinner away from the hustle of the city. The restaurant is part of the Best Western, but reviews online were encouraging, so we decided to try the Riverside. The setting was beautiful, and we were able to sit outside on the patio. Our waitress was slow. We discovered later, that she was busy with tables inside. We ordered the mac and cheese and a steak. The macaroni and cheese was mediocre, but the bacon was a nice touch. I ordered steak, medium. We waited a half-hour for our food, but it was nice outside and very relaxing. My steak was probably the worst steak I have eaten, dry as leather/over done! But, I didn't want to wait another half-our, so I ate half of it. Mixed review.Special Features:
- winendinewinendineDined on 6/4/2014It's a GREAT spot on a beautiful day ~ or a cloudy day. The food is good, the view spectacular and service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous view, great foodWiggyDined on 5/11/2014Waa not expecting much as it's part of a Best Western. Was happy to discover that The Riverside is all its reputation says it is, good food, good service, excellent beer and the view is phenomenol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most idyllic dining in the Gorge.CaryNDined on 5/11/2014Fantastic Mother's Day Brunch! The deck at Riverside offers the most relaxed, affordable, pleasant dining experience which incorporates a front row view of the stunning Columbia River Gorge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchlou23Dined on 4/20/2014Our family really appreciated that there was gluten-free food on the menu. We found the food to be excellent and enjoyed the variety. Good service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your usual hotel eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014Feels like a nice stand alone eatery. Yummy food. Large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstandingDrAHVIPDined on 3/25/2014The service was excellent. We were on a tight schedule, late for a movie. Our server was friendly, informative, efficient, and warmly professional. Ambiance was perfect pre-theatre. Food seemed very good, but we hardly had time to fully assess. Altogether, a very nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014We had to wait quite awhile for our food but it was worth the wait. The food was really good & our waitress was really nice. They were fairly busy but she kept checking on us & reassured us our food was on its way. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DaycharlieDined on 2/14/2014The menu choices were great and the service was very friendly. It was a very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencestevoDined on 1/27/2014Great food especially pastas. The Italian sausage pasta is awesome and enough for two dinners. At about $20 avg. plate, a great dinner option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the finest in the GorgeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013The Riverside Grill is one of our favorites. We have yet to find something we do not like. We are locals and dine there often. Courteous help and reasonable prices. I would recommend Riverside and Cebu lounge to anyone.Special Features:
- Delightful food in Hood RiverEpicureanDined on 11/28/2013Great menu with delicious variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner using local foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful, deliciousRopersDined on 11/9/2013We enjoyed this place the first time by referral from Urban Spoon...then 2 years later we returned to the area for a weekend and made sure that we dined there again. Salmon and Rib eye- fantastic! Chocolate torte- yumm! Our server was amazing and so accommodating - sending our leftovers with plates and flatware for later ( we were staying in the hotel). Beautiful riverside table, candlelit dining room- just wonderful. Breakfast the next morning was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great view!EnjoyDiningOut04Dined on 10/26/2013This restaurant has a gorgeous view of the Columbia River, and when the weather is warm you can enjoy it from the outside deck. We have always enjoyed the food here. We usually have one of the pasta dishes, and gluten free pasta is available. Great wine selection, too. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moon rise over the columbiakanikineDined on 10/18/2013my birthday included a full moon & to make sure i could watch it rise, i left portland for the east side of the cascades & chose the Riverside Restaurant as being most likely to have the view i desired. it is located right at the edge of the columbia river & the moon indeed rose full from behind the river bluffs on the washington side. everyone in the restaurant knew i wanted a good view & took extra care to make sure i was at the best table for moon viewing & that my sweetheart & myself could share the same side, thus sharing the wonderful view. the food was excellent & everyone was so friendly & sweet about it being my birthday: i even ate dessert, on the house, & it was delicious; warm & spicy & seasonal! (not normal for me!) thanks~!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ambiencePatsyDined on 10/12/2013We had been looking forward to driving up from Gresham to experience the Riverside dining for some time. The ambience was very pleasant on a cloudy afternoon. On a sunny day, it would have been fabulous. Our table, though inside because of weather, was right on the river with amazing views. We even took pix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible serviceLopiDined on 10/7/2013There seemed to be an air of gloom over the employees at this restaurant. We were greeted without any eye contact. The person that poured our water barely talked and when we asked how hw was doing he held his head low and just muttered OK. It took 30 minutes before our drink order was taken and another 15 to actually get drinks. The lace was not crowded and some servers were just standing around. We almost just left. But the restaurant redeemed itself with the food. It was delicious, and attractively presented! Shame on management for creating and or allowing such bad attitudes.Special Features:
- Dinner on the riverMiloVIPDined on 10/4/2013The food was terrific and the view of the Columbia River was perfect. Our server was knowledgeable and had a great personality.Special Features:
- The Riverside is integralWilkAustinVIPDined on 9/30/2013The Riverside is integral to the Best Western hotel. Both are wonderful values. We ate there twice, and enjoyed quality, well-priced food. And they accommodated my food allergies. I highly recommend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had outstanding food andJillDined on 9/26/2013We had outstanding food and service. Steven told us about the history of the place and made us feel very comfortable. We would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- Delicious dinner and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2013I enjoyed the most perfectly prepared freshly caught salmon. The staff was attentive but not smothering and the view of the river was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.