11048 Highway 1
Jenner, CA 95450Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ilovesunsets.com/home.html
- Phone: 7078652484x111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Monday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Friday - Monday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Martin Recoder
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from River's End
The epicenter of Sonoma Coast dining...the River's End is located in the quaint village of Jenner by the Sea about 20 minutes north of Bodega Bay. The restaurant is set on a bluff overlooking the Russian River spill into the Pacific Ocean. During lunch you can watch the Osprey dive in the river for fish or the harbor seals frolic at riverside. Dinner time is all about the sunset ... the show is worth the visit. Fortunately, the restaurant chefs and service staff aim to outdo the natural surroundings. The kitchen prepares California cuisine with a focus on local ingredients. Chef Martin Recoder prepares menus that are changing with the seasons and delight the heart. The service staff is led by Maitre d'/Owner Bert Rangel, who has owned and managed the restaurant for over 10 years. The Chef in the Redwood Bar is talented Patrick Keane. Trained at the French Culinary Institute, Patrick utilizes the freshest ingredients and classic techniques to create truly “Artisanal Cocktails”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
River's End - Best Restaurants in Bodega Bay ›
River's End reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (147)special occasion (118)romantic (108)fit for foodies (81)notable wine list (51)great for lunch (38)neighborhood gem (37)great for brunch (13)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fabulous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Our meals were absolutely delicious. We each had one of the salmon specials. The service was impeccable. Our server was attentive but not bothersome at all. Our courses were served at perfect intervals. We had a window table so were able to enjoy the wonderful view. Needless to say, we highly recommend the River's End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewLeeburDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant is on a bluff overlooking the ocean. We arrived early, just as the sun was setting. Beautiful views from every table. Not a large menu but everything we had was delicious. Try and go when it is not overcast. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Glad we returned!YogaMaryDined on 10/13/2014We visited Jenner two years ago and happened to be here on a day the restaurant was closed. So, this year we made sure to return to Jenner to try River's End. And we are very glad we did! Our waiter was top notch, recommending wine pairings and even bringing a few sample pours for us to aid in our choices. The seafood was fresh and creatively prepared. The view was absolutely breathtaking! We cannot wait to return again soon and will always recommend River's End to anyone we know of traveling to this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014We really enjoyed our lunch. Everything was perfectly prepared and tasted excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Worth the driveMSNYCVIPDined on 10/10/2014Hanging right off the high hill where the Russian River empties into the Pacific Ocean, you will not find a more scenic setting. A rustic old inn, very relaxed and casual, yet every item served here is exquisitely prepared and would rival the best restaurants in Manhattan. Excellent service, well paced and attentive but never rushed. The menu varies with the season and consists of local seafood, meats, vegetables and fruits and always fresh. Every dish here is a creation and culinary delight. I have been here many times over the past 10 years and I have never been disappointed. Without doubt, one of the best restaurants on the Sonoma Coast.Special Features:
- No better viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014It would be difficult to find a view better than the one from River's End. To enhance it, the food is tops and the service impeccable. We look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowBucketistDined on 10/8/2014Watched a great sunset, had a few glasses wonderful wine and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SunsetWeezyVIPDined on 10/7/2014Having had the opportunity to live on the water for 6 years of my life and nearly one of those years being in Key West, I have to say that the sunset I saw at River's End was one of the best of my life. The food and ambiance were excellent. I ordered the filet mignon and my wife ordered the king salmon special (salmon was in season). Both were delicious, but if you're going to pay $45 for a steak, it should be better than the chewy steak I received. Wine selection was great, but the bartender did not know how to make a dark and stormy.Special Features:
- River's EndSterlingDined on 10/5/2014Fantastic place for enjoying Sonoma Coast. If the weather is right, view is incredible. Food was really good w/ great choices for Salmon, Ahi, Duck, Steak, etc. We started w/ tri-color beet-salad (very nice). Better half had had mussels with Chorizo, etc, which was very good . I had the "Kicking Ahi" which was seared on outside and raw on inside (Excellent). Not quite end of the world dining but definitely end of the river. Best place to go if you are anywhere in the area. .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We were there for a sisters' reunion. It was a wonderful meal. We had an attentive wait person who admitted mistakes, helped with our selections and refilled our water glasses faithfully. Ours was the last group and yet we didn't feel like we we're rushed in any way. Just a lovely evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014The seafood pasta dish had outstanding flavour. Watching the sunset was stunning.Special Features:
- havedinewilltravelDined on 9/28/2014Great food, service was fantastic, great location. The only negative I have, and I understand the physical layout of the business, the tables are bunched together and I felt I was ease drooping on tables on each side. Overall a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/26/2014Food and view cannot be beat! This is a restaurant that should not be missed when in the Bodega Bay area.Special Features:
- 5 Star Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The lunch of local fresh salmon was excellent and the delicate sauce was 5 star and the view was exquisite. It was a special Anniversary and the Rivers End made it a memorable and perfect occasion. Service was kind, attentive and fun. Wine list and pairings were as good as the finest restaurants in the world. Oysters from 1 little local mile or so away ….I could go on but no more space. Just go and turn all your cares over to them and you will leave feeling heavenly!Special Features:
- great viewshard2plsDined on 9/22/2014fantastic setting, and the food was pretty good too. small but adequate wine list. don't miss if you're in the area.Special Features:
- Dining at River's EndScottaDined on 9/20/2014We read about River's End in a local magazine, so we decided to try it out. The view is spectacular. The service was quite good and more than pleasant. The food was average (reasonably prepared but bland) and, given the prices (at the high end), not worth the price. We are unlikely to go to River's End again.Special Features:
- Great food and view!OpenTableFanVIPDined on 9/17/2014A great out-of-the-way find! The view is only surpassed by the food.Special Features:
- Scenic Place for a Romantic DinnerLive2liveDined on 9/16/2014If you are traveling through the wine country, River's End is worth the drive for a romantic and peaceful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot off a scenic HwyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Views are great (except be prepared for bar patrons to stand outside on the balcony blocking your table view at sunset). Food was delicious and pretty to look at. Restaurant doesn't look like much from the road, but it's very warm and inviting inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- krazykatDined on 9/13/2014We've dined several times here, and chose River's End for our anniversary dinner for the 2nd time in a row. It's great for special occasions, due to many window tables overlooking the ocean. But at our requested window table, only I could see outside -my husband's view blocked by the wall. Gracious, attentive service -server had excellent knowledge of food-wine pairings and took great care of us. We had fresh oysters, the beet salad (wonderful), the salmon crudo (very fresh and delicious), then my husband had the filet (cooked perfectly) and I had the duck (breast was exactly as I specified, medium rare - but the confit accompanying it was salty and tired, and asparagus way out of season). Too full for dessert. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Service impeccable, food fantastic!! View breathtaking. A must for anyone visiting the areaSpecial Features:
- AnnieDined on 9/13/2014Our group of 4 women friends and visited here for the second time since the end of last May. We had a very lovely lunch after an equally lovely coastal hike in the area. We decided t make it a tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Best meal ever- 10 out of 10! Amazing views and equally outstanding food,Special Features:
- Lovely Sunset!LuvmysargDined on 9/9/2014Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on a warm summer eve. The skies were clear so we were happy to view the sunset. I started with the salmon chowder & it was delicious! My husbamd had the filet which he liked but said it wasnt the best he's had. I had the pasta with prawns, it was absolutly scrumptious! Homemade pasta, yum! We also enjoyed wine, good service & gorgeous views. Finished with the cream brulle for two. Overall a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- excellentjaymDined on 9/9/2014from the friendly bartender & waitress, the food and dessert was outstanding, and the view impeccable....HIGHLY recommendedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/9/2014Outstanding view and dining exerience. A very special and memorable placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all around perfect mealkevinDined on 9/6/2014We had driven past many times but never stopped and were looking for someplace above the ordinary - River's End delivered on all counts. The environment and location are great, all of the staff were friendly and helpful and attentive. And the food as superb. The four of us samples appetizers and salads as well as several of the specials. It was all delicious. The salmon was in season and incredibly fresh. We cant wait to go back during crab season!Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/5/2014We ate here for lunch on September 5th and 6th on our way to San Francisco and return from Sea Ranch. We love the place, great food, excellent service, and of course the view. The restaurant was full by 1:30 so go early ( opens at noon for,lunch) and or have reservations. We have been going for a decade now for lunch and dinner and are never disappointed. Special salmon and oyster meals on certain days. Soups are first rate, currently the salmon chowder is on the menu and fantastic. My wife had the heirloom tomatoes...first rate.Special Features:
- Very tough to parkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014There is not nearly enough parking space for this location ~ it is a beautiful setting but a challenge to park close by because of the limited space. The food was very good but nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- Luv2sailDined on 8/30/2014We had a great meal here in April last year while on a driving vacation. We're on another one now and had another wonderful evening three nights ago. Other than a pretty loud table of four near us when we first were seated, the evening was really special ---- wonderful food and Derek took special care of us. Looking forward to our next visit to the Sonoma Coast.Special Features:
- Fantastic view, food, wine, servicepennyDined on 8/30/2014We chose it for the view and would go back for the food, well and the view. Everything was very good from presentation to taste to service. Wine pairings in the menu and suggestions by the very knowledgeable waiter were excellent. The salmon chowder was tasty and impressive with wonderful cubes of potato (not mushy), freshest salmon ever. My technicolor beet salad was a culinary and visual delight. The entrees were good, but not 5-star. One star off food rating for two reasons: my husband's salmon entree was prepared with a mustard sauce that overpowered the beautiful fresh, but delicate salmon. My Kicking Ahi entree had wonderful ahi, but the carrots and rice were so-so compared to all the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewEnjoyfinefoodsDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant is great outstanding view, the food especially the heirloom tomato salad is outstanding. The wine is good service is good.Special Features:
- special dining experiencechgofoodieDined on 8/29/2014The River's End was highly recommended to us by a friend who was recently in the area and we were not disappointed. A beautiful drive to where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean! The sunset was glorious. Our waitress was friendly and extremely knowledgeable regarding the menu and wine selections. Atmosphere was reminiscent of a 1960's dinner club. Our dinner was romantic and very delicious.Special Features:
- Long history at Rivers Endliv2eatDined on 8/27/2014My wife and i have been going to Rivers End for over 27 years since before we got married and lived in the midwest. It was one of a kind back then with a different chef/owner and the best fish available. Now they have two salmon specials on a separate salmon menu. we got one of each, ordered medium rare and both were over cooked, preparation on each was ok but not special. Everything is expensive now whether it should be or not. Service was ok, they didn't pay special attention to anyone, just turning over space. May be our last visit, we'll see but it isn't what it used to be. They have all the tools to be great again. Just doesn't seem to be any attention paid to detail.Special Features:
- So happy we decided to stop!FoodiesforlifeDined on 8/27/2014We thought with the spectacular view and ambience the food might be substandard. We were so wrong! Evan, the manager (and sometimes bartender) was very informative and friendly. Our service was prompt and cordial. The food, however, was the best. West Coast otsters with a ginger lime mignonette and wasabi tobiko are a must try. We had a wonderful grilled heirloom tomato, mozzarella, mushroom and onion salad. The flagship dish was the duck three ways. The best duck liver pate we've ever had with a cognac-chervil gelee', perfectly prepared duck confit over spinach and lentils, and a medium rare broiled duck breast in a BlackBerry reduction. Spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulsearanchDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful find. Charming, warm friendly service. All in all a wonderful evening and we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewSRlocalDined on 8/23/2014What a beautiful place to have dinner. Not a bad seat in the whole restaurant. Service was attentive, unfortunately the server never asked how our food was. The appetizers were fantastic and I highly recommend them, beet salad with goat cheese and orange balsamic dressing and the grilled tomato, peppers, mozarella salad. The main entree had fresh king salmon fish with black rice and sweet roasted corn. The fish had good flavor but the drawback was the fish was overcooked which gave it a rubbery texture. Disappointing since that is there specialty. The corn and rice were quite tasty. I would have returned the fish but it was already pushing 9:20.Special Features:
- Love the viewTigerlilyDined on 8/21/2014Although this is a $ million dollar view the food was only ok. The view is very weather dependent.Special Features:
- All I wanted!Silvia72Dined on 8/21/2014I made a reservation for two people with the request a place romantic and with views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special Treasure on the coastdiner13VIPDined on 8/20/2014River's End is a true treasure, offering perfectly made food and a glorious view. Although it is a foodie's paradise with the fresh ingredients and perfectly balanced flavors, it is not in the least bit pretentious. WE were lucky enough to have this restaurant recommended to us when we were staying in Bodega Bay, and immediately booked a table. So glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.