450 East 29th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riverparknyc.com/
- Phone: 2127299790x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 12 pm-10 pm
Friday: 12 pm-11 pm
Saturday: 11 am-11 pm
Sunday: 11 am-10 pm
NOTE: For parties of five or more please contact the restaurant directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sisha Ortuzar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Riverpark offers several unique spaces for hosting your next event. With seasoned sensibilities in food and service, Riverpark Events is a seamless extension of what we do best each day. Uncommon are Riverpark's selection of spaces, East River views, and culinary team headed by Chef Sisha Ortúzar and Restaurateur Tom Colicchio.
Our dedicated Events team will work with you to create an inviting environment and menu tailored to your needs; from a dinner with friends, to a corporate presentation or reception for 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Cervantes 2128101814x403
- Cross Street: 1st Avenue and the East River
- Public Transit: By subway, take the 6 train to 28th Street
By bus, take the M15 bus northbound on 1st Avenue to 29th Street. If headed southbound take the M15 on 2nd Avenue to 28th Street or M34A 2nd Avenue to 29th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: From First Ave, turn right at E 30th St. towards the East River. At the stop sign, take a hard right onto the FDR Service Road (E 26th St) - do not proceed onto the FDR ramp. The entrance to the garage is located on the right. Parking is validated when you dine with us.
A word from Riverpark
Located on a unique garden plaza with romantic East River views, Riverpark represents a dynamic culinary destination in Manhattan’s Kips Bay neighborhood. Riverpark reflects Tom Colicchio's overall vision as restaurateur, and Chef Sisha Ortuzar's creative concept showcasing the restaurant's own urban farm just feet away from the kitchen. Riverpark's modern American menus change daily, highlighting seasonal ingredients from local farms, Greenmarkets and Riverpark Farm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Riverpark reviews from OpenTable diners
428 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (299)great for outdoor dining (271)fit for foodies (270)special occasion (252)romantic (201)neighborhood gem (147)great for lunch (138)great for brunch (128)good for groups (101)notable wine list (101)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (14)Show More
- Thank you very much!!!AlekseiDined on 10/26/2014I want to thank Riverpark for organization nice and romantic celebration of our Anniversary. Riverpark made all, that made me and the general my wife happy during all the time that we were in restaurant! Especially thank you very much for your creative attitude for organisation of this important event for my family (You have made really very nice surprise for me and my wife, thank you very much for that. We save it for memory, it was very kind from your side)! The food was delicious, service was very kind and professional, view was magic, prices were very adequate. Free parking was also big good plus. I recommend this restaurant for everyone why want to celebrate some important event or just have a nice food in a very nice and sweet place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View and food=the best!KctNYCVIPDined on 10/26/2014We have been here before for dinner and it was amazing. This time we came for brunch. The menu us short but has a unique spin on most brunch staples. The absolute best were the breakfast tacos. A few of ordered them and left nothing on the plate. They have homemade chorizo in them!! Also, the French toast sticks appetizer are exceptional. A MUST go to!Special Features:
- Great Time But..JAG2020VIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was great, restaraunt split in half by a bar. If you sit in the back section there is no view. Our sides did not come out with our meal it took some time to resolve things. We inquired about some well known less expense wines and told they did not carry them or only had one bottle. So we were basically forced to be up sold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of table 50….OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/25/2014It was our first visit to this restaurant-we had been told of the exquisite view and the outdoor terrace and were eagerly looking forward to dining there. Upon arrival, we were seated at table 50: near the bar [lots of mixing noise]; no outdoor view; in the floor staff traffic pattern; and it fell short of the romantic hopes we had… Nonetheless, the service was knowledgeable and very attentive and the food quite lovely! Armed with this knowledge, we will be happy to return.Special Features:
- excellent againMWOODROWEDined on 10/24/2014had dinner during restaurant months ago. decided to have dinner spur of the moment on friday and luckily got a table. food was great again! i keep meaning to come during the summer and missed it again. they have a farm onsite. its a bit out of the way but worth the trip. HINT you can get to the Alexandria Center off the FDR and go up through the garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and dependable.neeneeVIPDined on 10/23/2014Another absolutely perfect evening-- our server was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable--as was the entire staff. As requested, we were seated near a window with a pretty view (you can dine outdoors in warm weather) but near the bar. This was a problem for a short while--a few people were having an "enthusiastic" conversation, but they soon left and all was well. Started with east and west coast oysters: fresh and fabulous. All our entrees were exceptional and well-prepared: duck, dorade, chicken. Hardly room for dessert but we managed to share a delish pumpkin sorbet. We've been here many times, often with friends. It's a little out of the way but you'll be glad you found it!Special Features:
- would definitely go again...kitkatDined on 10/22/2014We had a wonderful meal for a celebratory occasion. I found our waiter a bit impatient and pretentious but attentive. One of our party had a fish dish and found the fish inedible (fishy) but otherwise the food was great. AND you could hear yourself think and carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BJMOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014From the moment you are greeted to the time you leave, the staff is very friendly. In between, the service is excellent, present but not obtrusive. The food is terrific. The cuisine is unique, flavorful and well presented. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch food but oh, so heavyNnrcVIPDined on 10/19/2014The Breakfast sandwich was essentially a slab of pork belly with egg atop and served in a bun with french fries on the side...wow... Not the most digestible of meals...maybe if fruit or salad had been sides would have been better. But a pretty restaurant with a great river view...
- Not Worth ItfoodfoodfoodDined on 10/19/2014I would never think that is restaurant was owned by Tom Colicchio. The food was average (actually below) it came out VERY fast which leads me to believe that it was premade and it was almost cold. The restaurant was also very empty for a Sunday Brunch (this could be a red flag) We specifically went for the view but we had to sit behind the bar that completely blocked any type of view (why would you put a bar in the middle of a restaurant when the view is the focal point?) Staff was not anything great either The menu also did not flow - very randomSpecial Features:
- Hidden Jem in Murray HillsmadsDined on 10/19/2014Love this place! Great for dinner, brunch, or just a few glasses of wine at the bar.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointing2ndtimerVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was my first visit to Riverpark and had high expectations because I frequent other Collichio restaurants. It was for a birthday celebration and the restaurant did a superb job in acknowledging my dinner partner's birthday. The menu was very interesting and the wait staff did a very nice job explaining the dishes. We started with the sweetbreads and pasta as appetizers and they were very good. The disappointment was in the entrees. The short ribs were bland. The duck breast was tough and chewy and both dishes far from what was expected. The dessert was deliciious. The space is wonderful as was the service. I will probably give the restaurant another chance in future.
- Customer Service at its FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/16/2014I celebrated a wedding anniversary at Riverpark and the customer service was outstanding. The restaurant made the occasion extra special by seating us at a great table, putting our names on the menu and giving us the menu as a keepsake. This was my 5th time dining here and each time I am amazed at the thoughtfulness and friendliness of the staff. Of course, the food is great as well. The restaurant is happy to cater to your specific taste and diet. I recommend the restaurant without hesitation.Special Features:
- Elegant and maturedustygirlVIPDined on 10/15/2014A wonderful restaurant to go to when you want to eat well and hear your companions. The service is attentive but not overbearing. A lovely place. We've been there several times and will go back.Special Features:
- Great MealappelanziDined on 10/12/2014We really enjoyed our meal for our 10 year anniversary. The staff at Riverpark really went above and beyond and it was such a wonderful evening. The food was spot on, service and everything about the meal.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food is delicious with a great staff have been there several times always with different friends and the comment is always the same. How did you find this restaurant and everything is delicious!! They and I always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the RiverTorontoFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014A bit out of the way on the East River but worth any extra taxi ride. Beautiful space, beautifully decorated - luxe moderne. Fabulous views and great outdoor dining in warm weather. Excellent food and service and a balanced wine list at all price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickydinerDined on 10/8/2014Great meal, great service, beautiful view. Repeat visit and more to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our eveningNRoxyDined on 10/7/2014They took tremendous care in making our anniversary dinner a very personal and special experience. Fantastic food! Loved the oysters and duck. Very generous in many ways. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom knows how to do it rightFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Tom Colicchio just knows how to do it right. The tables are spaced apart so you can have a private conversation, the lighting is warm and inviting, but not too dark so you need a flashlight, the menu has a nice variety and the dishes are delicious and beautifully prepared. If you sit by the window, you can see over the East River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimenotanyjoeDined on 10/4/2014As a Colicchio loyalist who has been a frequent patron of Craft, CraftBar, and 'witchcraft, I had high expectations for Riverpark and they were met and then some. The room/décor/ambiance were all great. The food was fantastically delicious. The wine list was well rounded. The service was excellent. My group of friends and I had a great time. I would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:
- problem with the food, this timebizluncherDined on 10/3/2014In the past, I have used Riverpark for important business lunches, and always been proud to bring guests to the restaurant. This time, both the guest and I ordered 'Bigoli' pasta for lunch, and it was under-cooked (not just 'al dente', but actually not boiled long enough), and the sauce was a little sparse, with no other garnish on the plate. It was a disappointment, instead of a treat.
- Great food, bad rest roomsInterestedDined on 10/1/2014Very good foor, portions small, bathrooms out side restaurant, too far for comfortSpecial Features:
- Vibrant experienceMicheleDined on 9/30/2014I've been in Riverpark last monday: it has been a very exiting and vibrant dinner. The service was so good and quick, but not invasive, and the atmosphere was very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/29/2014Beautiful view. Farm to table concept. Was not busy but it was a weekday evening. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- UnhappyDined on 9/27/2014The menu was very limited; I ended up with scrambled eggs. We had to keep looking for our wait person, who was more interested in the larger tables.So in a nutshell: few food choices and very bad service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Had the West Coast oysters and the octopus and both were great.Special Features:
- Hidden gem at East riverCerisierDined on 9/22/2014Second visit, this time for lunch, and again a great experience. Surprising food combinations, herbs and vegs from own riverpark farm besides the restaurant, excellent wine and very friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My newest favoritesusanDined on 9/21/2014My first experience at Riverbank was outdoors for drinks....it was love at first sight. I have since enjoyed a lunch and several dinners there. On each occasion the food, service and ambiance have been excellent. Every person who has been with me has thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ATMOSPHERE - QUIRKY MENUJeffreyGLVIPDined on 9/21/2014Loved the setting and decor. Menu a bit quirky. Seems to be specializing in esoteric cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale dining worth the price.ChrisDined on 9/20/20144 1/2 Stars. Went with a group of 8 and we were very satisfied. Menu was nicely varied so that nobody had a problem finding something appealing. Our waiter Mark was very knowledgeable and pleasant. Everyone was thoroughly pleased with their meal from appetizers to desserts. It has a nice view of the East River. We ate inside thinking the noise from the FDR might be annoying but it looked lovely. The location and space will impress your guests as it's a tremendous surprise where it's located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MartyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Good food, excellent service and a drop-dead view!Special Features:
- Off the beaten trackOctDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Way back out of the way, hard on the East River, it's worth the effort to find Riverpark. The staff was professional and friendly and the food was absolutely excellent. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Memorable dining experiencejeddkarenVIPDined on 9/19/2014Riverpark never disappoints, but somehow this evening it seemed extra special. The oysters were incredibly fresh. We enjoyed sharing and sipping half glasses of wines recommended by the wonderful new somm, Jarred. Our service was all-around impeccable, warm, friendly and professional. If you see cobia on the menu, order it. Desserts were also fabulous. I can't say enough about this dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMikeDined on 9/19/2014I was very surprised and very thankful to the staff. What an amazing touch when they put our names on the menu, creating a night just for two!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ReunionJannVIPDined on 9/18/2014Four women who worked together met and enjoyed a Reunion dinner Thursday night. The food: starters of Oysters, Burrata & Corn Panna Cotta were all excellent. We all loved our entrée choices, three of us of Zucca (pumpkin shaped pasta) & one of spiced roasted Cobia with a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, finishing with coffees. Were were all too full for dessert. And the night view of the East River, MAGICAL.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEMORABLE EXPERIENCEWouldbgourmetDined on 9/15/2014Riverpark combines outstanding food with an excellent view and appropriate service. It is a wonderful restaurant for a special occasion. The salad is perfectly seasoned, with lettuces and veggies so fresh they seem as if they had just been picked an hour before. Our entrees (brisket filled ravioli and duck breast) were scrumptious. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBankergirlVIPDined on 9/12/2014Flavours didn't make any sense am pork chop was crazy fatty. I will not go back. Service was great but food was a disappointmentSpecial Features:
- amazind drinks and dinnerjkl2014VIPDined on 9/12/2014We are big fans of Craft in LA. We decided to try Riverpark. It did not disappoint. One of the best meals I have had in Manhattan in awhile. Terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnercolinDined on 9/12/2014We came here for our one year anniversary meal. I had told them in advance that it was a special meal and the staff were amazing for us. Brilliant table, top notch service and really great food. The desserts, in particular, were a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.