450 East 29th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riverparknyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 729-9790
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 12 pm-10 pm
Friday: 12 pm-11 pm
Saturday: 11 am-11 pm
Sunday: 11 am-10 pm
NOTE: For parties of five or more please contact the restaurant directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sisha Ortuzar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Riverpark offers several unique spaces for hosting your next event. With seasoned sensibilities in food and service, Riverpark Events is a seamless extension of what we do best each day. Uncommon are Riverpark's selection of spaces, East River views, and culinary team headed by Chef Sisha Ortúzar and Restaurateur Tom Colicchio.
Our dedicated Events team will work with you to create an inviting environment and menu tailored to your needs; from a dinner with friends, to a corporate presentation or reception for 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Cervantes 2128101814x403
- Cross Street: 1st Avenue and the East River
- Public Transit: By subway, take the 6 train to 28th Street
By bus, take the M15 bus northbound on 1st Avenue to 29th Street. If headed southbound take the M15 on 2nd Avenue to 28th Street or M34A 2nd Avenue to 29th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: From First Ave, turn right at E 30th St. towards the East River. At the stop sign, take a hard right onto the FDR Service Road (E 26th St) - do not proceed onto the FDR ramp. The entrance to the garage is located on the right. Parking is validated when you dine with us.
A word from Riverpark
Located on a unique garden plaza with romantic East River views, Riverpark represents a dynamic culinary destination in Manhattan’s Kips Bay neighborhood. Riverpark reflects Tom Colicchio's overall vision as restaurateur, and Chef Sisha Ortuzar's creative concept showcasing the restaurant's own urban farm just feet away from the kitchen. Riverpark's modern American menus change daily, highlighting seasonal ingredients from local farms, Greenmarkets and Riverpark Farm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Riverpark reviews from OpenTable diners
364 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (254)fit for foodies (244)special occasion (219)great for outdoor dining (217)romantic (177)neighborhood gem (131)great for lunch (103)great for brunch (100)notable wine list (89)good for groups (83)hot spot (46)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Simply Put: Brilliant!scottyVIPDined on 11/22/2014As a repeat customer I am running out of ways to say how perfect this place is. From the moment we walked through the front door we felt special. The service impeccable. The food… well… A mixed green salad with a simple dressing that was decadent, fresh made burratta that just melted in your mouth, and finally a steak for two that was exquisite…. Note to restaurant: labeled as a steak for two, it should be renamed a steak for four! The flavors out of this world! A special note about our waiter… This guy was more than just friendly… He was happy to speak about the food going the extra mile to find out about all the ingredients in dishes we had already eaten..All this made my birthday celebration wonderful. THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKneedeepDined on 11/22/2014It may not be in a trendy area but from the moment you step inside Riverpark you feel you are somewhere special. The service was excellent, food delicious and a wine menu for all ranges making it overall one of the best restaurants i have been to in a while.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As far east as you can go.writer100VIPDined on 11/21/2014With a direct view of the East River, Riverpark is perched to offer great views ofthe riparian scene day and night. Outdoo dining is available, but probably not appealing in a New York winter. Food is always prepared with diligence and served with flair. The bar has a separate (and lower priced) menu from the main restaurant. The bar tenders--um, mixologists--are skilled at their craft. Some interesting wines, too. The beer list is somewhat eccentric, lacking a good lager or pilsner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MERKDined on 11/20/2014The food was very, very good. The service was attentive but... The restaurant itself is in a beautiful location right on the East River. The view was terrific. We requested a window seat and we were accommodated. I really enjoyed this place it has a wonderfulm outdoor set up and the bar was busy but quiet. We really enjoyed this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my thrid visit to RiverparkMerriVIPDined on 11/19/2014The food and service was consistently wonderful and the manager John came over to introduce himself since I was a repeat customer. We were served a complimentary fluke amuse bouche between courses which I will order as my starter next visit. Recommended dishes: to start - octopus, fluke, sweetbreads and entress - duck, scallops, skate, monkfish, short rib. Though the river front view is fantastic and we had one of the best tables, it was a bit cold and not as comfortable as the tabels on the carpeting. I reserved one start for ambience for this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJoeBVIPDined on 11/15/2014Went for dinner. We've been there before, but, this time had the Choucroute....AMAZING!! Clearly this is the best in this guys chain of restaurants. Everything was perfect. We'll be back in a few weeks when we have an urge for that again. Fantastic!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special touchLaurieposVIPDined on 11/15/2014Once again River Park took the special care to print a beautiful birthday menu for my friend Izzy.The food was spectacular as usual.Always a treat....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/14/2014With all the help from a woman from their catering services and my request directly, still put us at a table where I didn't want.Finally made up for it with compd wine, but by then the damage was done.Also billed us for the $60 cash I had given the waiter at his station so my friend wouldn't have to pay for my dinner.And one friend thought service very poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryMikekDined on 11/14/2014The entire staff was excellent everybody there cared about their job about serving us , they exceeded my expectation in making my anniversary specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurants in New YorkTheTruthDined on 11/13/2014Tucked away in the lobby of an architectural stunner, Riverpark is one of New York City's best restaurants. Here, every detail is accounted for, from the textured walls and ceilings to your last drop of Syrah. The warmth of Riverpark's service resonates throughout the place -- everyone is here to make sure that you're enjoying yourself -- and you are. The cooking takes local ingredients and makes them the star of each plate: funky (in a good way) duck breast stands out among tender turnips and beets. Crispy sweetbreads melt away the cold weather outside, and all get washed down nicely with any one of Riverpark's exquisite global wines. Riverpark is the perfect place for a special occasion, or even just a step-up on your average night out. It manages to make extravagance feel accessible; like the luxury of dining here can be yours anytime you want it (and it is). To me, that's the genius of Tom Collichio, made possible by Riverpark's exceptional team. Eat Here -- you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent viewsIshdaddyDined on 11/13/2014Excellent views, beautiful location. Food was interesting but not spectacular. Will revisit to give the food another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely LunchLivetoeatVIPDined on 11/13/2014Lunch with 2 friends lasted 2 hours. The food , service, and environment were all top notch as always. Ordered flowers waiting at table. Every consideration given A great time was has by all. Escape from the stresses of work for a brief time was achieved. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveThankfulDined on 11/11/2014We love it here. Perfect for our discriminating caterer friends. Intimate & romantic fir just us too. Perfect for our over 500 person company holiday party last year and we're celebrating again this year. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Local FavoriteRyanJamesVIPDined on 11/7/2014Riverpark has long been considered a local favorite for my wife and I. It's usually possible to get a reservation fairly last minute, which I attribute to its out of the way / below the radar location rather than it's excellent food. The space is beautifully and tastefully done, the staff generally very attentive and helpful, and the food is always stellar. I've also been guided by the sommelier towards a number of delicious (and reasonably priced) bottles of wine from their extensive selection of Chilean vintages. In the past I would've recommended occasionally asking for the bar menu (which features an incredible Fried Chicken and Biscuits dish) but was recently dismayed to learn it's no longer available in the dining room.Special Features:
- Food is just so soandrewDined on 11/7/2014River park is a great hide away in the busy Manhattan. The setting and decor is awesome. The service there is also attentive. However, the food there is just okay. For the price we paid, I would rather go to Etaly for some real good foods.Special Features:
- Heavenly!rummyDined on 11/6/2014There are truly no words that could describe my recent visit to Riverpark but will try. Divine, heavenly, fabulous are just a few of the words and it will would still not do it justice. From the moment we entered, the experience was abosolutely surreal. The restaurant, the view, staff, food, atmostphere - this restaurant is just a gem! This has now become my favorite restaurant and highly recommend!Special Features:
- Favorite DineingUnhappydinerDined on 11/4/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in NYC. We have eaten here before and are excited about the food, service an ambience. Also, a big plus for us is they are not blasting loud music. We have had several dining experiences where the whole experience was ruined because you could not have a normal conversation.. A good example is ABC Kithen. They are serving some of the best food in The City but they ruin the experience by playing music so loud you cannot have normal conversations, it's more like a Jr. High prom.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingLaurencexDined on 11/3/2014Few things can be said that have not been said already. This is by far my go to spot. I dine at the best restaurants in the city and between the ambiance, cuisine and service, this is by far a top restaurant. Kudos to Eric, Jared and Richard leading the ship. Outstanding work and thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experience!MaplewoodDined on 11/2/2014We had brunch at a table facing the East River. The room is beautiful but the main attraction is the fabulous food. Spectacular takes on traditional breakfasts. This is like no other French toast or egg sandwich! Days later I'm still thinking about it!!! Can't wait to try dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you have to have BrunchBinghamDined on 11/2/2014If you have to have brunch, try Riverpark. I shall never understand New Yorkers devotion to Brunch on the weekends....complete waste of time..However, having said that, if you have to eat out on Sat/Sun Brunch go here. Very inventive menu indeed and three of Entrees were definitely more lunch fare than brunch fare...which was a relief. Service excellent and charming as always, and definitely value for money. I shall be back.....but next time for lunch or dinner during the week....I am not a brunch devotee. No one will be disappointd.....even those who like Brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014Riverpark has been open 4 years and I can't believe we just went. It's a wonderful restaurant with fantastic food and and understated but elegant atmosphere. It must be beautiful in the summer looking at the East River on the outdoor patio. Even on a windy fall night is was special!
- DisappointedNY12Dined on 11/1/2014We went here expecting a beautiful view. When we arrived and requested a window table we were told that when the rest of our party arrived we would be seated at a table that we would be pleased with. We were never given the option of being seated at that time, and when our friends arrived there were no tables with a view available. We were seated at the other side of the bar.... with no view at all. The restaurant itself is not very pretty, and the cost is not inexpensive. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Riverpark met my high expectations.MerriVIPDined on 10/30/2014Our server was aware of my food allergies (they read the Opentable comments!) and suggested appropriate menu choices. The space is beautiful, overlooking the East River and the food was excellent. Our group had the duck, scallops and monk fish and we loved all three. I also give this restaurant A+ for convenience - right off the FDR, w validated valet parking in the building - can't beat it. I will return with an international group from work on Nov 11.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunch favoriteDjmrnVIPDined on 10/29/2014If you need a classy, quiet, lovely place to go for a business lunch, RiverPlace should top your list of your in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you very much!!!AlekseiDined on 10/26/2014I want to thank Riverpark for organization nice and romantic celebration of our Anniversary. Riverpark made all, that made me and the general my wife happy during all the time that we were in restaurant! Especially thank you very much for your creative attitude for organisation of this important event for my family (You have made really very nice surprise for me and my wife, thank you very much for that. We save it for memory, it was very kind from your side)! The food was delicious, service was very kind and professional, view was magic, prices were very adequate. Free parking was also big good plus. I recommend this restaurant for everyone why want to celebrate some important event or just have a nice food in a very nice and sweet place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View and food=the best!KctNYCVIPDined on 10/26/2014We have been here before for dinner and it was amazing. This time we came for brunch. The menu us short but has a unique spin on most brunch staples. The absolute best were the breakfast tacos. A few of ordered them and left nothing on the plate. They have homemade chorizo in them!! Also, the French toast sticks appetizer are exceptional. A MUST go to!Special Features:
- Great Time But..JAG2020VIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was great, restaraunt split in half by a bar. If you sit in the back section there is no view. Our sides did not come out with our meal it took some time to resolve things. We inquired about some well known less expense wines and told they did not carry them or only had one bottle. So we were basically forced to be up sold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of table 50….OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/25/2014It was our first visit to this restaurant-we had been told of the exquisite view and the outdoor terrace and were eagerly looking forward to dining there. Upon arrival, we were seated at table 50: near the bar [lots of mixing noise]; no outdoor view; in the floor staff traffic pattern; and it fell short of the romantic hopes we had… Nonetheless, the service was knowledgeable and very attentive and the food quite lovely! Armed with this knowledge, we will be happy to return.Special Features:
- excellent againMWOODROWEDined on 10/24/2014had dinner during restaurant months ago. decided to have dinner spur of the moment on friday and luckily got a table. food was great again! i keep meaning to come during the summer and missed it again. they have a farm onsite. its a bit out of the way but worth the trip. HINT you can get to the Alexandria Center off the FDR and go up through the garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and dependable.neeneeVIPDined on 10/23/2014Another absolutely perfect evening-- our server was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable--as was the entire staff. As requested, we were seated near a window with a pretty view (you can dine outdoors in warm weather) but near the bar. This was a problem for a short while--a few people were having an "enthusiastic" conversation, but they soon left and all was well. Started with east and west coast oysters: fresh and fabulous. All our entrees were exceptional and well-prepared: duck, dorade, chicken. Hardly room for dessert but we managed to share a delish pumpkin sorbet. We've been here many times, often with friends. It's a little out of the way but you'll be glad you found it!Special Features:
- would definitely go again...kitkatDined on 10/22/2014We had a wonderful meal for a celebratory occasion. I found our waiter a bit impatient and pretentious but attentive. One of our party had a fish dish and found the fish inedible (fishy) but otherwise the food was great. AND you could hear yourself think and carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BJMOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014From the moment you are greeted to the time you leave, the staff is very friendly. In between, the service is excellent, present but not obtrusive. The food is terrific. The cuisine is unique, flavorful and well presented. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch food but oh, so heavyNnrcVIPDined on 10/19/2014The Breakfast sandwich was essentially a slab of pork belly with egg atop and served in a bun with french fries on the side...wow... Not the most digestible of meals...maybe if fruit or salad had been sides would have been better. But a pretty restaurant with a great river view...
- Not Worth ItfoodfoodfoodDined on 10/19/2014I would never think that is restaurant was owned by Tom Colicchio. The food was average (actually below) it came out VERY fast which leads me to believe that it was premade and it was almost cold. The restaurant was also very empty for a Sunday Brunch (this could be a red flag) We specifically went for the view but we had to sit behind the bar that completely blocked any type of view (why would you put a bar in the middle of a restaurant when the view is the focal point?) Staff was not anything great either The menu also did not flow - very randomSpecial Features:
- Hidden Jem in Murray HillsmadsDined on 10/19/2014Love this place! Great for dinner, brunch, or just a few glasses of wine at the bar.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointing2ndtimerVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was my first visit to Riverpark and had high expectations because I frequent other Collichio restaurants. It was for a birthday celebration and the restaurant did a superb job in acknowledging my dinner partner's birthday. The menu was very interesting and the wait staff did a very nice job explaining the dishes. We started with the sweetbreads and pasta as appetizers and they were very good. The disappointment was in the entrees. The short ribs were bland. The duck breast was tough and chewy and both dishes far from what was expected. The dessert was deliciious. The space is wonderful as was the service. I will probably give the restaurant another chance in future.
- Customer Service at its FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/16/2014I celebrated a wedding anniversary at Riverpark and the customer service was outstanding. The restaurant made the occasion extra special by seating us at a great table, putting our names on the menu and giving us the menu as a keepsake. This was my 5th time dining here and each time I am amazed at the thoughtfulness and friendliness of the staff. Of course, the food is great as well. The restaurant is happy to cater to your specific taste and diet. I recommend the restaurant without hesitation.Special Features:
- Elegant and maturedustygirlVIPDined on 10/15/2014A wonderful restaurant to go to when you want to eat well and hear your companions. The service is attentive but not overbearing. A lovely place. We've been there several times and will go back.Special Features:
- Great MealappelanziDined on 10/12/2014We really enjoyed our meal for our 10 year anniversary. The staff at Riverpark really went above and beyond and it was such a wonderful evening. The food was spot on, service and everything about the meal.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food is delicious with a great staff have been there several times always with different friends and the comment is always the same. How did you find this restaurant and everything is delicious!! They and I always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.