450 East 29th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riverparknyc.com/
- Phone: 2127299790x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 12 pm-10 pm
Friday: 12 pm-11 pm
Saturday: 11 am-11 pm
Sunday: 11 am-10 pm
NOTE: For parties of five or more please contact the restaurant directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sisha Ortuzar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Riverpark offers several unique spaces for hosting your next event. With seasoned sensibilities in food and service, Riverpark Events is a seamless extension of what we do best each day. Uncommon are Riverpark's selection of spaces, East River views, and culinary team headed by Chef Sisha Ortúzar and Restaurateur Tom Colicchio.
Our dedicated Events team will work with you to create an inviting environment and menu tailored to your needs; from a dinner with friends, to a corporate presentation or reception for 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Cervantes 2128101814x403
- Cross Street: 1st Avenue and the East River
- Public Transit: By subway, take the 6 train to 28th Street
By bus, take the M15 bus northbound on 1st Avenue to 29th Street. If headed southbound take the M15 on 2nd Avenue to 28th Street or M34A 2nd Avenue to 29th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: From First Ave, turn right at E 30th St. towards the East River. At the stop sign, take a hard right onto the FDR Service Road (E 26th St) - do not proceed onto the FDR ramp. The entrance to the garage is located on the right. Parking is validated when you dine with us.
A word from Riverpark
Located on a unique garden plaza with romantic East River views, Riverpark represents a dynamic culinary destination in Manhattan’s Kips Bay neighborhood. Riverpark reflects Tom Colicchio's overall vision as restaurateur, and Chef Sisha Ortuzar's creative concept showcasing the restaurant's own urban farm just feet away from the kitchen. Riverpark's modern American menus change daily, highlighting seasonal ingredients from local farms, Greenmarkets and Riverpark Farm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Riverpark reviews from OpenTable diners
431 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (303)great for outdoor dining (282)fit for foodies (268)special occasion (251)romantic (200)neighborhood gem (146)great for lunch (136)great for brunch (129)notable wine list (102)good for groups (102)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (14)Show More
- BJMOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014From the moment you are greeted to the time you leave, the staff is very friendly. In between, the service is excellent, present but not obtrusive. The food is terrific. The cuisine is unique, flavorful and well presented. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch food but oh, so heavyNnrcVIPDined on 10/19/2014The Breakfast sandwich was essentially a slab of pork belly with egg atop and served in a bun with french fries on the side...wow... Not the most digestible of meals...maybe if fruit or salad had been sides would have been better. But a pretty restaurant with a great river view...
- Not Worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014I would never think that is restaurant was owned by Tom Colicchio. The food was average (actually below) it came out VERY fast which leads me to believe that it was premade and it was almost cold. The restaurant was also very empty for a Sunday Brunch (this could be a red flag) We specifically went for the view but we had to sit behind the bar that completely blocked any type of view (why would you put a bar in the middle of a restaurant when the view is the focal point?) Staff was not anything great either The menu also did not flow - very randomSpecial Features:
- Hidden Jem in Murray HillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Love this place! Great for dinner, brunch, or just a few glasses of wine at the bar.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointing2ndtimerVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was my first visit to Riverpark and had high expectations because I frequent other Collichio restaurants. It was for a birthday celebration and the restaurant did a superb job in acknowledging my dinner partner's birthday. The menu was very interesting and the wait staff did a very nice job explaining the dishes. We started with the sweetbreads and pasta as appetizers and they were very good. The disappointment was in the entrees. The short ribs were bland. The duck breast was tough and chewy and both dishes far from what was expected. The dessert was deliciious. The space is wonderful as was the service. I will probably give the restaurant another chance in future.
- Elegant and maturedustygirlVIPDined on 10/15/2014A wonderful restaurant to go to when you want to eat well and hear your companions. The service is attentive but not overbearing. A lovely place. We've been there several times and will go back.Special Features:
- Great MealappelanziDined on 10/12/2014We really enjoyed our meal for our 10 year anniversary. The staff at Riverpark really went above and beyond and it was such a wonderful evening. The food was spot on, service and everything about the meal.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food is delicious with a great staff have been there several times always with different friends and the comment is always the same. How did you find this restaurant and everything is delicious!! They and I always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the RiverTorontoFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014A bit out of the way on the East River but worth any extra taxi ride. Beautiful space, beautifully decorated - luxe moderne. Fabulous views and great outdoor dining in warm weather. Excellent food and service and a balanced wine list at all price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickydinerDined on 10/8/2014Great meal, great service, beautiful view. Repeat visit and more to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our eveningNRoxyDined on 10/7/2014They took tremendous care in making our anniversary dinner a very personal and special experience. Fantastic food! Loved the oysters and duck. Very generous in many ways. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom knows how to do it rightFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Tom Colicchio just knows how to do it right. The tables are spaced apart so you can have a private conversation, the lighting is warm and inviting, but not too dark so you need a flashlight, the menu has a nice variety and the dishes are delicious and beautifully prepared. If you sit by the window, you can see over the East River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimenotanyjoeDined on 10/4/2014As a Colicchio loyalist who has been a frequent patron of Craft, CraftBar, and 'witchcraft, I had high expectations for Riverpark and they were met and then some. The room/décor/ambiance were all great. The food was fantastically delicious. The wine list was well rounded. The service was excellent. My group of friends and I had a great time. I would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:
- problem with the food, this timebizluncherDined on 10/3/2014In the past, I have used Riverpark for important business lunches, and always been proud to bring guests to the restaurant. This time, both the guest and I ordered 'Bigoli' pasta for lunch, and it was under-cooked (not just 'al dente', but actually not boiled long enough), and the sauce was a little sparse, with no other garnish on the plate. It was a disappointment, instead of a treat.
- Great food, bad rest roomsInterestedDined on 10/1/2014Very good foor, portions small, bathrooms out side restaurant, too far for comfortSpecial Features:
- Vibrant experienceMicheleDined on 9/30/2014I've been in Riverpark last monday: it has been a very exiting and vibrant dinner. The service was so good and quick, but not invasive, and the atmosphere was very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/29/2014Beautiful view. Farm to table concept. Was not busy but it was a weekday evening. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- UnhappyDined on 9/27/2014The menu was very limited; I ended up with scrambled eggs. We had to keep looking for our wait person, who was more interested in the larger tables.So in a nutshell: few food choices and very bad service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Had the West Coast oysters and the octopus and both were great.Special Features:
- Hidden gem at East riverCerisierDined on 9/22/2014Second visit, this time for lunch, and again a great experience. Surprising food combinations, herbs and vegs from own riverpark farm besides the restaurant, excellent wine and very friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My newest favoritesusanDined on 9/21/2014My first experience at Riverbank was outdoors for drinks....it was love at first sight. I have since enjoyed a lunch and several dinners there. On each occasion the food, service and ambiance have been excellent. Every person who has been with me has thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ATMOSPHERE - QUIRKY MENUJeffreyGLVIPDined on 9/21/2014Loved the setting and decor. Menu a bit quirky. Seems to be specializing in esoteric cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale dining worth the price.ChrisDined on 9/20/20144 1/2 Stars. Went with a group of 8 and we were very satisfied. Menu was nicely varied so that nobody had a problem finding something appealing. Our waiter Mark was very knowledgeable and pleasant. Everyone was thoroughly pleased with their meal from appetizers to desserts. It has a nice view of the East River. We ate inside thinking the noise from the FDR might be annoying but it looked lovely. The location and space will impress your guests as it's a tremendous surprise where it's located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MartyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Good food, excellent service and a drop-dead view!Special Features:
- Off the beaten trackOctDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Way back out of the way, hard on the East River, it's worth the effort to find Riverpark. The staff was professional and friendly and the food was absolutely excellent. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Memorable dining experiencejeddkarenVIPDined on 9/19/2014Riverpark never disappoints, but somehow this evening it seemed extra special. The oysters were incredibly fresh. We enjoyed sharing and sipping half glasses of wines recommended by the wonderful new somm, Jarred. Our service was all-around impeccable, warm, friendly and professional. If you see cobia on the menu, order it. Desserts were also fabulous. I can't say enough about this dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMikeDined on 9/19/2014I was very surprised and very thankful to the staff. What an amazing touch when they put our names on the menu, creating a night just for two!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ReunionJannVIPDined on 9/18/2014Four women who worked together met and enjoyed a Reunion dinner Thursday night. The food: starters of Oysters, Burrata & Corn Panna Cotta were all excellent. We all loved our entrée choices, three of us of Zucca (pumpkin shaped pasta) & one of spiced roasted Cobia with a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, finishing with coffees. Were were all too full for dessert. And the night view of the East River, MAGICAL.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEMORABLE EXPERIENCEWouldbgourmetDined on 9/15/2014Riverpark combines outstanding food with an excellent view and appropriate service. It is a wonderful restaurant for a special occasion. The salad is perfectly seasoned, with lettuces and veggies so fresh they seem as if they had just been picked an hour before. Our entrees (brisket filled ravioli and duck breast) were scrumptious. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBankergirlVIPDined on 9/12/2014Flavours didn't make any sense am pork chop was crazy fatty. I will not go back. Service was great but food was a disappointmentSpecial Features:
- amazind drinks and dinnerjkl2014VIPDined on 9/12/2014We are big fans of Craft in LA. We decided to try Riverpark. It did not disappoint. One of the best meals I have had in Manhattan in awhile. Terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnercolinDined on 9/12/2014We came here for our one year anniversary meal. I had told them in advance that it was a special meal and the staff were amazing for us. Brilliant table, top notch service and really great food. The desserts, in particular, were a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyjoyboyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Beyond the insightful and solicitous service and delicious meal, we were especially appreciative that our table for two was held for us on a Friday night when we were delayed 30 minutes by a traffic standstill. Every dish was a treat. And the birthday commemoration at the end was just right (so were the terrific desserts :)). One suggestion - it would be great to have in the little "Parking" box at your web site (for cut & paste) more precise directions to the garage, to include how to go from the FDR Drive, as well as the name of the building, as it is a tricky area -- the complimentary parking is a wonderful perk, when successful in finding it. :)Special Features:
- Phenomenal cocktails!SK71VIPDined on 9/12/2014Aside from the superb food and overall cool scene, one must try the creative/delicious cocktails served up by Bailly Roesch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing servicesmooDined on 9/12/2014you're guaranteed good food, but the great service was a pleasant surprise for a high end restaurant! they even printed a special birthday menu for my husband! a great gem of a place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter was disingenuousbeneDined on 9/11/2014the waiter had a lot of attitude for a place for that relies on expense accounts and is in such a classy, beautiful and different setting. the place and food feels like you're on vacation, it's a real find. this is my second time there and the waiter was a real jerk and cast a pall over the delicious and fresh, and beautifully presented food. he had barely veiled sardonicism the whole time and was the exact opposite of congenial.Special Features:
- Scrumptious September DateHutsulkaDined on 9/10/2014What can I say? The food is sublime! The pork chop was cooked to perfection, and I am completely obsessed with finding a recipe that will mimic the wonder that was the lemon verbena ice cream. Ambiance was relaxed yet upscale, and the waiter was perfectly attentive without being intrusive. A lovely place for a delicious meal, we will certainly be returning!Special Features:
- 95 th BirthdayLivetoeatVIPDined on 9/9/201495th birthday dinner for mother- in- law. 8 family members. Everyone from the hostess to the waitress, the busboys, could not have been nicer. Flowers ordered were already on the table. Manager came over (John) welcomed my mother in law and whole family very warmly. He provided complimentary champagne for toast, very thoughtful. The waitress was knowledgable and very helpful with menu questions. John checked backed more than several times and helped with serving. He made sure we were well cared for, so did our waitress. The food was all delicious. I have eaten at Riverpark many times and never have been disappointed. A special occasion was made extremely satisfying by excellent food and wonderful service. very appreciative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeFooooodVIPDined on 9/9/2014The service and the food are a 10...The drinks are really good as well, and the view is pretty cool of the river. In the evening it is very romantic. It is hidden and a secret place for my boyfriend and I, we can stay there and talk for hours, and time passes us by. All of the staff from the bar to the hostess stand are very very nice and attentive including the server!Special Features:
- High expectationslsgnycDined on 9/8/2014Riverpark is a street and an avenue over from where i live. Was more than excited to try this restaurant because of the view, the decor and the fact that it is a Tom Colicchio restaurant. The service was wonderful although a little slow for a Monday night as the restaurant was not packed. Seemed they were short staffed. The wine list had a nice selection of wines from California and France. Our meal was perfectly executed but the flavors did not make me want to continue eating my dish. The flavors were too heavy and/or dark. My favorite part of the meal was the bread they serve at the beginning and the farm to table salad. Glad I went, I'll be back for only drinks and appetizers. Even the oysters were disappointing.Special Features: