450 East 29th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riverparknyc.com/
- Phone: 2127299790x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 12 pm-10 pm
Friday: 12 pm-11 pm
Saturday: 11 am-11 pm
Sunday: 11 am-10 pm
NOTE: For parties of five or more please contact the restaurant directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sisha Ortuzar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Riverpark offers several unique spaces for hosting your next event. With seasoned sensibilities in food and service, Riverpark Events is a seamless extension of what we do best each day. Uncommon are Riverpark's selection of spaces, East River views, and culinary team headed by Chef Sisha Ortúzar and Restaurateur Tom Colicchio.
Our dedicated Events team will work with you to create an inviting environment and menu tailored to your needs; from a dinner with friends, to a corporate presentation or reception for 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Cervantes 2128101814x403
- Cross Street: 1st Avenue and the East River
- Public Transit: By subway, take the 6 train to 28th Street
By bus, take the M15 bus northbound on 1st Avenue to 29th Street. If headed southbound take the M15 on 2nd Avenue to 28th Street or M34A 2nd Avenue to 29th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: From First Ave, turn right at E 30th St. towards the East River. At the stop sign, take a hard right onto the FDR Service Road (E 26th St) - do not proceed onto the FDR ramp. The entrance to the garage is located on the right. Parking is validated when you dine with us.
A word from Riverpark
Located on a unique garden plaza with romantic East River views, Riverpark represents a dynamic culinary destination in Manhattan’s Kips Bay neighborhood. Riverpark reflects Tom Colicchio's overall vision as restaurateur, and Chef Sisha Ortuzar's creative concept showcasing the restaurant's own urban farm just feet away from the kitchen. Riverpark's modern American menus change daily, highlighting seasonal ingredients from local farms, Greenmarkets and Riverpark Farm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Riverpark reviews from OpenTable diners
455 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (331)great for outdoor dining (305)fit for foodies (279)special occasion (264)romantic (203)great for lunch (147)neighborhood gem (145)great for brunch (140)good for groups (106)notable wine list (106)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (13)Show More
- UnhappyDined on 9/27/2014The menu was very limited; I ended up with scrambled eggs. We had to keep looking for our wait person, who was more interested in the larger tables.So in a nutshell: few food choices and very bad service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Had the West Coast oysters and the octopus and both were great.Special Features:
- Hidden gem at East riverCerisierDined on 9/22/2014Second visit, this time for lunch, and again a great experience. Surprising food combinations, herbs and vegs from own riverpark farm besides the restaurant, excellent wine and very friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My newest favoritesusanDined on 9/21/2014My first experience at Riverbank was outdoors for drinks....it was love at first sight. I have since enjoyed a lunch and several dinners there. On each occasion the food, service and ambiance have been excellent. Every person who has been with me has thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ATMOSPHERE - QUIRKY MENUJeffreyGLVIPDined on 9/21/2014Loved the setting and decor. Menu a bit quirky. Seems to be specializing in esoteric cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale dining worth the price.ChrisDined on 9/20/20144 1/2 Stars. Went with a group of 8 and we were very satisfied. Menu was nicely varied so that nobody had a problem finding something appealing. Our waiter Mark was very knowledgeable and pleasant. Everyone was thoroughly pleased with their meal from appetizers to desserts. It has a nice view of the East River. We ate inside thinking the noise from the FDR might be annoying but it looked lovely. The location and space will impress your guests as it's a tremendous surprise where it's located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MartyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Good food, excellent service and a drop-dead view!Special Features:
- Off the beaten trackOctDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Way back out of the way, hard on the East River, it's worth the effort to find Riverpark. The staff was professional and friendly and the food was absolutely excellent. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Memorable dining experiencejeddkarenVIPDined on 9/19/2014Riverpark never disappoints, but somehow this evening it seemed extra special. The oysters were incredibly fresh. We enjoyed sharing and sipping half glasses of wines recommended by the wonderful new somm, Jarred. Our service was all-around impeccable, warm, friendly and professional. If you see cobia on the menu, order it. Desserts were also fabulous. I can't say enough about this dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMikeDined on 9/19/2014I was very surprised and very thankful to the staff. What an amazing touch when they put our names on the menu, creating a night just for two!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ReunionJannVIPDined on 9/18/2014Four women who worked together met and enjoyed a Reunion dinner Thursday night. The food: starters of Oysters, Burrata & Corn Panna Cotta were all excellent. We all loved our entrée choices, three of us of Zucca (pumpkin shaped pasta) & one of spiced roasted Cobia with a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, finishing with coffees. Were were all too full for dessert. And the night view of the East River, MAGICAL.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEMORABLE EXPERIENCEWouldbgourmetDined on 9/15/2014Riverpark combines outstanding food with an excellent view and appropriate service. It is a wonderful restaurant for a special occasion. The salad is perfectly seasoned, with lettuces and veggies so fresh they seem as if they had just been picked an hour before. Our entrees (brisket filled ravioli and duck breast) were scrumptious. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBankergirlVIPDined on 9/12/2014Flavours didn't make any sense am pork chop was crazy fatty. I will not go back. Service was great but food was a disappointmentSpecial Features:
- amazind drinks and dinnerjkl2014VIPDined on 9/12/2014We are big fans of Craft in LA. We decided to try Riverpark. It did not disappoint. One of the best meals I have had in Manhattan in awhile. Terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnercolinDined on 9/12/2014We came here for our one year anniversary meal. I had told them in advance that it was a special meal and the staff were amazing for us. Brilliant table, top notch service and really great food. The desserts, in particular, were a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyjoyboyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Beyond the insightful and solicitous service and delicious meal, we were especially appreciative that our table for two was held for us on a Friday night when we were delayed 30 minutes by a traffic standstill. Every dish was a treat. And the birthday commemoration at the end was just right (so were the terrific desserts :)). One suggestion - it would be great to have in the little "Parking" box at your web site (for cut & paste) more precise directions to the garage, to include how to go from the FDR Drive, as well as the name of the building, as it is a tricky area -- the complimentary parking is a wonderful perk, when successful in finding it. :)Special Features:
- Phenomenal cocktails!SK71VIPDined on 9/12/2014Aside from the superb food and overall cool scene, one must try the creative/delicious cocktails served up by Bailly Roesch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing servicesmooDined on 9/12/2014you're guaranteed good food, but the great service was a pleasant surprise for a high end restaurant! they even printed a special birthday menu for my husband! a great gem of a place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter was disingenuousbeneDined on 9/11/2014the waiter had a lot of attitude for a place for that relies on expense accounts and is in such a classy, beautiful and different setting. the place and food feels like you're on vacation, it's a real find. this is my second time there and the waiter was a real jerk and cast a pall over the delicious and fresh, and beautifully presented food. he had barely veiled sardonicism the whole time and was the exact opposite of congenial.Special Features:
- Scrumptious September DateHutsulkaDined on 9/10/2014What can I say? The food is sublime! The pork chop was cooked to perfection, and I am completely obsessed with finding a recipe that will mimic the wonder that was the lemon verbena ice cream. Ambiance was relaxed yet upscale, and the waiter was perfectly attentive without being intrusive. A lovely place for a delicious meal, we will certainly be returning!Special Features:
- 95 th BirthdayLivetoeatVIPDined on 9/9/201495th birthday dinner for mother- in- law. 8 family members. Everyone from the hostess to the waitress, the busboys, could not have been nicer. Flowers ordered were already on the table. Manager came over (John) welcomed my mother in law and whole family very warmly. He provided complimentary champagne for toast, very thoughtful. The waitress was knowledgable and very helpful with menu questions. John checked backed more than several times and helped with serving. He made sure we were well cared for, so did our waitress. The food was all delicious. I have eaten at Riverpark many times and never have been disappointed. A special occasion was made extremely satisfying by excellent food and wonderful service. very appreciative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectationslsgnycDined on 9/8/2014Riverpark is a street and an avenue over from where i live. Was more than excited to try this restaurant because of the view, the decor and the fact that it is a Tom Colicchio restaurant. The service was wonderful although a little slow for a Monday night as the restaurant was not packed. Seemed they were short staffed. The wine list had a nice selection of wines from California and France. Our meal was perfectly executed but the flavors did not make me want to continue eating my dish. The flavors were too heavy and/or dark. My favorite part of the meal was the bread they serve at the beginning and the farm to table salad. Glad I went, I'll be back for only drinks and appetizers. Even the oysters were disappointing.Special Features:
- An instant favoriteMolly77Dined on 9/8/2014A beautiful space with delicious food. We booked a table around sunset by the window and had a perfect view of the light going down over the river. The menu features seasonal food and they even grow some of their own produce on site. I would highly recommend everything that we ordered: pork chop (perfectly seasoned and prepared), squid ink pasta with seafood (the pasta was made in house and the seafood was so fresh and delicious), and the berry cobbler (probably the last of the summer berries, side of house made ice cream). The wine list was also very good and reasonable; it's a great spot to come by for a drink as well.Special Features:
- View and great foodsuttonplaceVIPDined on 9/7/2014The Riverpark is a destination location. Excellent food and service in a beautiful setting. You sit very comfortably and the views are wonderful.Special Features:
- Colicchio does it again!ImaniVIPDined on 9/7/2014It's a bit off the beaten path; but Rivercraft is a gem. Beautiful views of the East River and top notch food and service. I visited for brunch and was NOT disappointed. Best peach bellinis I've ever had; the doughnuts are worth every calorie--ditto for the fried chicken and waffles and hash browns. The staff (from the hostess, to the bartender, to the manager, to our waiter) was attentive and charming but not intrusive. Did I mention they have validated parking? A major plus when you're dining ON the FDR Drive. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014One of my favorite NYC restaurants. The food, the service and the beautiful view are always a good experience.Special Features:
- Oddly Unkownwriter100VIPDined on 9/5/2014This excellent restaurant is virtually hidden on a "new" street--29th, East of 1st Avenue. In a corner of the last building on the block--across from the restaurant's vegetable garden--is Riverpark. You will feel a bit like an explorer the first time you come here, but chances are you will become a regular. Reliably good food, very knowledgeable sommelier (with no attitude) personable staff everywhere and a chef who delivers. There are some oitside tables, albeit with noise from East River Drive, but the vews, especially at night, look like a Hollywood set.Special Features:
- stunning, delicious+ free parking!!JoanRDined on 9/5/2014Riverpark's setting and décor are stunning. In nice weather, it is a treat to sit on the lovely patio overlooking the river. The traffic on the FDR below is intrusive at first, but the boats on the river and the sky overhead quickly compensate. The food is fresh, artistic, and sophisticated. Lunch items are reasonably priced. An extra plus is free parking for those dining at Riverpark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestGoudadeanVIPDined on 9/4/2014Loved everything about this place. Lovely bartender and terrific outdoor seating. Found the prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnermnf700Dined on 8/31/2014We went here for our anniversary and the entire experience was fantastic. I called ahead and mentioned it was our anniversary and the host, our waiter, and sommelier all wished us a happy anniversary. The service was flawless and they helped make the dinner feel special. The food was also phenomenal. Interesting dishes and presentation. Great wine list and the sommelier gave us a great recommendation. This is a great place to celebrate a special night or even if you want to just want to have a great dinner with a great view. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Multiple occasionsAnavVIPDined on 8/31/2014Perfect for any celebration or just a delightful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!EatandrinkDined on 8/30/2014Every dish came out perfectly. A meticulously organized wine list. The service is impeccable and noise level at a minimum. A grown up place for the young and the very old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every way!RosesRRedDined on 8/30/2014Riverpark exceeded our expectations in all ways. We had an unforgettable evening there- quiet, quality service, superb cuisine, enchanting concept and location. A night we will remember with delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at RiverparkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The interior of the restaurant is quite lovely. There is also an outside area, but the hostess was unable to seat us there even though we had a reservation (we would have been seated at a communal table). My avocado and hamachi salad was the best item of the night. My entree, cavatelli with lamb, was on the salty side and not nearly as good. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!!CJinNYCDined on 8/30/2014Just discovered Riverpark and I've already been 4 times this past month. The food, service, and ambiance are flawless!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!porkfritterDined on 8/29/2014Nice outdoor venue, cool ambiance. Not too bad price wise given the location!Special Features:
- A go-goMickieDined on 8/29/2014A not to be missed experience that was totally enjoyable. We booked for outdoor seating but got too windy and chilly to remain there. We were graciously re-seated indoors and had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not overwhelmingSwissFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Decent food in a nice atmosphere. However, food wise nothing stands out, all dishes were nice but not surprising or very inspired. I loved the quiet atmosphere, which allows for better communication at the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Lunch!JimmyBDined on 8/28/2014This is the second time I had lunch at Riverpark - the menu is great - very diverse and great choices including vegetarian and fish - the ceviche appetizer and salads were delicious and our entrees are impeccably cooked and delicious! The wines by the glass selection is excellent and dessert and coffee selections are wonderful and perfectly presented - this is a very first class restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014Loved my experience! Been meaning to get here and so glad I did. As it was a gorgeous day, we ate outside. The inside is quite lovely as well. Sebastian made the entire lunch memorable. His recommendations were spot on. The sweet corn panna cotta was a delight--smooth, light and balanced by the textures and flavors of the lime, peppers and avocado. The prawns were sweet and packed with flavor. The pork loin with grilled peaches was subtle and delicious. And the desserts!!! As fantastic as the peach blueberry cobbler was (balanced beautifully by the lemon verbena ice cream), the cereal and milk stole the show! Imaginative and a great, adult take on cocoa krispies. All beautifully presented. Another Colicchio smash hit!!!Special Features: