450 East 29th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riverparknyc.com/
- Phone: 2127299790x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 12 pm-10 pm
Friday: 12 pm-11 pm
Saturday: 11 am-11 pm
Sunday: 11 am-10 pm
NOTE: For parties of five or more please contact the restaurant directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sisha Ortuzar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Riverpark offers several unique spaces for hosting your next event. With seasoned sensibilities in food and service, Riverpark Events is a seamless extension of what we do best each day. Uncommon are Riverpark's selection of spaces, East River views, and culinary team headed by Chef Sisha Ortúzar and Restaurateur Tom Colicchio.
Our dedicated Events team will work with you to create an inviting environment and menu tailored to your needs; from a dinner with friends, to a corporate presentation or reception for 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Cervantes 2128101814x403
- Cross Street: 1st Avenue and the East River
- Public Transit: By subway, take the 6 train to 28th Street
By bus, take the M15 bus northbound on 1st Avenue to 29th Street. If headed southbound take the M15 on 2nd Avenue to 28th Street or M34A 2nd Avenue to 29th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: From First Ave, turn right at E 30th St. towards the East River. At the stop sign, take a hard right onto the FDR Service Road (E 26th St) - do not proceed onto the FDR ramp. The entrance to the garage is located on the right. Parking is validated when you dine with us.
A word from Riverpark
Located on a unique garden plaza with romantic East River views, Riverpark represents a dynamic culinary destination in Manhattan’s Kips Bay neighborhood. Riverpark reflects Tom Colicchio's overall vision as restaurateur, and Chef Sisha Ortuzar's creative concept showcasing the restaurant's own urban farm just feet away from the kitchen. Riverpark's modern American menus change daily, highlighting seasonal ingredients from local farms, Greenmarkets and Riverpark Farm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Riverpark - Best Restaurants in Murray Hill ›
Riverpark reviews from OpenTable diners
443 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (328)great for outdoor dining (297)fit for foodies (267)special occasion (253)romantic (191)great for brunch (149)great for lunch (149)neighborhood gem (142)notable wine list (100)good for groups (98)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (24)late-night find (14)Show More
- Multiple occasionsAnavVIPDined on 8/31/2014Perfect for any celebration or just a delightful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Every dish came out perfectly. A meticulously organized wine list. The service is impeccable and noise level at a minimum. A grown up place for the young and the very old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Riverpark exceeded our expectations in all ways. We had an unforgettable evening there- quiet, quality service, superb cuisine, enchanting concept and location. A night we will remember with delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at RiverparkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The interior of the restaurant is quite lovely. There is also an outside area, but the hostess was unable to seat us there even though we had a reservation (we would have been seated at a communal table). My avocado and hamachi salad was the best item of the night. My entree, cavatelli with lamb, was on the salty side and not nearly as good. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Nice outdoor venue, cool ambiance. Not too bad price wise given the location!Special Features:
- A go-goMickieDined on 8/29/2014A not to be missed experience that was totally enjoyable. We booked for outdoor seating but got too windy and chilly to remain there. We were graciously re-seated indoors and had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Lunch!JimmyBDined on 8/28/2014This is the second time I had lunch at Riverpark - the menu is great - very diverse and great choices including vegetarian and fish - the ceviche appetizer and salads were delicious and our entrees are impeccably cooked and delicious! The wines by the glass selection is excellent and dessert and coffee selections are wonderful and perfectly presented - this is a very first class restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014Loved my experience! Been meaning to get here and so glad I did. As it was a gorgeous day, we ate outside. The inside is quite lovely as well. Sebastian made the entire lunch memorable. His recommendations were spot on. The sweet corn panna cotta was a delight--smooth, light and balanced by the textures and flavors of the lime, peppers and avocado. The prawns were sweet and packed with flavor. The pork loin with grilled peaches was subtle and delicious. And the desserts!!! As fantastic as the peach blueberry cobbler was (balanced beautifully by the lemon verbena ice cream), the cereal and milk stole the show! Imaginative and a great, adult take on cocoa krispies. All beautifully presented. Another Colicchio smash hit!!!Special Features:
- Great as usual!AliceDined on 8/25/2014There is a feeling of great warmth and welcome. Lovely dining experience, especially at window table for which request is respected. They are very aware of service and customer comfort. Dr. Alice T. PianfettiSpecial Features:
- riverparkOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014a wonderful brunch al fresco with delicious food, good choices & great service. A very perfect experience.Special Features:
- It's not just the viewDemandingDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014While main attraction during the summer may be outdoor seating overlooking the East River, this place is well worth a visit at any time. Menu is interesting and uniformly well executed - as one would expect from a restaurant with Colicchio's name attached to it. And staff could not be more accommodating, so you are assured of a consistently satisfying experience at all levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feedbackOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Food was yum, outdoor table was good as well. The bad point is staff soused beer over me. Unfortunately, I wore my new suit I've just tailored. Everyone fails sometimes but what I think terrible is manager didn't come to me to apologize. Usually manager should do that. My little retaliation was just paying somewhat low 13% tip... Other was OK.Special Features:
- Riverpark is specialLisalooDined on 8/21/2014The restaurant is in an unusual setting, with a gorgeous view all around. You feel like you are in a pacific coastal city. Food is amAzing as is the menu and drink menu. Service is very professional and very friendly as well. Not a bad thing to say. They call you a taxi when you want to leave, and that's super easy too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor servicebakedbeans212VIPDined on 8/18/2014Innatentive service put a damper on a nice evening.Special Features:
- Simply Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/18/2014My first visit to Riverpark was a memorable one and a home-run from start to finish. Every course was beautifully presented and very creative--an unusual mix of textures, flavors, and colors! Inventiveness can sometimes backfire, but that wasn't the case here. The highlight of the evening was my entree, the grilled Berkshire pork chop. I hardly ever order pork at restaurants, but the server said this dish was a winner. She was right--a very tender 10-ounce chop accompanied by candied pork belly, bourbon marinated cipollini onions, and sautéed collard greens. It was outstanding. Service was top-notch as well as the outdoor seating overlooking the East River. It doesn't get any better!Special Features:
- The views are worth it!JoannejDined on 8/17/2014Went for Sunday brunch and sat on the patio. The views are worth waiting for a table! The food was very good, the servers seemed to have a hard time keeping up with orders and getting them right. Overall, very good and I would return.Special Features:
- beautiful space but older crowdtastybudsDined on 8/16/2014beautiful space,gorg furniture, amazing outdoor, perfect service, delish thoughtful food, but def senior citizen crowd for a saturday night....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Birthday-Nice Occasion SpotOpenTable22Dined on 8/16/2014Recently tried Riverpark for my wife's birthday. I would agree with other reviews that it's a solid place for birthday or other special occasions. The two of us dined on their patio, which offered scenic views of the East River. At times, however, it could be a little loud with the FDR traffic. I provided advance notice to Riverpark that we were celebrating my wife's birthday and they responded with a thoughtful birthday dessert, as well as a custom printed menu with her name and "Happy Birthday" wish included - a very nice touch. Our server, John, was great. Highly recommend trying out, especially when the weather is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside palate pleaserOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014The flavors here were intriguingly complex and enjoyable. The ingredients were very fresh. We did at times wait quite a bit for our waiter which is why service is a 4 instead of a 5, but he was very knowledgable and helpful.Special Features:
- Great restaurant with a lovely viewsardarDined on 8/15/2014This was my first time. The food was excellent, the service great, and the outdoor dining space magicalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the driveTallCdngirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant was a disappointment from the beginning. We had requested seating with a view and even though there was room, they first seated us in the centre. The waitress seemed irritated by our questions about the menu, the plates took forever to clear and the food was just okay. The only shining light was the somelier -- she was friendly and had great recommendations. The final disappointment was the declaration that they wouldn't help with getting a cab for us and although the security guard called, one never arrived...so we walked (in high heels) to the main street. Don't bother, not worth the drive for this mediocre place!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBistroGreggDined on 8/15/2014I wanted to surprise my wife with the ambiance of the water and a view. And of course great food. Upon arrival, we were early, I asked if we could enjoy a cocktail before dinner and were told no problem. It was a beautiful night. We ordered a drink and a bottle of wine and the "Board". We dined for about an hour and then went inside. In fact one of the female staff was just coming out to see if we wanted to go inside. They gave us probably the best seat in the house - right in the corner by the window which I had requested. Upon receiving the menu we noticed it was personalized with our names and a congratulatory message. The food was great and plentiful, service exemplary and the ambiance awesome. ThanksSpecial Features:
- RoseDined on 8/15/2014Restaurant Week selection for lunch was great. Lots of choices. Great scenic view. Would certainly return to try other menu selections. It was a little difficult to find since it is in an office building and the signage was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImperdívelMaudeDined on 8/15/2014Eu fiz uma conexão e vôo em New York, e uma reserva no Riverpark. Tudo é maravilhoso....um restaurante elegante, uma vista maravilhosa, um atendimento ímpar, esse é o começo de uma refeição perfeita em cada detalhe. Os alimentos são frescos, a apresentação é delicada e harmoniosa, o sabor então é fantástico. O menu do almoço está em torno de US$ 25, entrada, principal e sobremesa. Sempre lotado, é necessário reservar com antecedência. Imaginem que eu estava com o meu marido no JFK, e air train + trem até a estação Penn + taxi, para não perder a oportunidade de almoçar no Riverpark e driblar o trânsito de NYC.Special Features:
- Run to Riverwalkwriter100VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food is qonderful, the service smooth yet personal. The view spectacular, though if you choose to eat outside you will have to deal with the noise from FDR Drive. We went for lunch, but expect to be back for dinner.Special Features:
- Appetizers amazingsusiecVIPDined on 8/14/2014We were thoroughly pleased with the wine that the waiter helped us choose as well as our appetizers. Good sized servings and wonderful service. My brother's fish entree was fantastic. I had the lamb pasta dish which was a little over-spiced.Special Features:
- Fresh but okayAnnaVIPDined on 8/14/2014their food was very fresh- but keep in mind their menu changes often-so you may not find what you see online and the food though fresh some was ncie tasting and other low on salt. we loved the dessertSpecial Features:
- Continuously OutstandingLaurencexDined on 8/13/2014For over two years Riverpark has been a restaurant I've called home. The service has always been phenomenal, the management knowledgable and the food outstanding. This was again the case. I have a top 5 list of restaurants, my go to places, Riverpark has never waivered. This is as professional and delicious as anyone can get in NY and beyond. Aesthetically there are grew places more pleasing to the eye and dishes that are as inspiring. Servers and bartenders and management first class! Kitchen a cut above. We'll always be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuckDined on 8/13/2014Food, sevice, view of the East River all superb for lunch. The garden reflects the focus on fresh ingredients. I'll keep coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceoldbjbDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience because of the excellent food and service. We sat outside and enjoyed the setting despite some nearby construction. We both had the oyster apps, and they were delicious. We also had the same dessert, blueberry cobbler with the lemon verbena ice cream, which provided a unique blend of tastes. Our entrees, Zucca and Merluza were also very enjoyable. The warm bread provided a great avenue to enjoy the tomato consommé which came with the Merluza.Special Features:
- Dinner w/ friendsKITKATVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had the best waitress ever! I forgot to mention one member of the party was vegetarian. She took care it it .. no problem. We ate from the snack menu as well as the regular menu, duck, pork chop and fish were delicious as was the Blush Granache wine from Loire Valley. Outside patio is a must on a gorgeous night! Bar and interior decor are stunning as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurantLICGuestVIPDined on 8/11/2014I recently had surgery and this was my first experience out. I couldn't have asked for a more magical view and incredible food. Definitely get the frozen s'more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful modern RestaurantAnavVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great views are available and it's a pretty quiet noise level. Finding a quiet restaurant is getting harder as the "hip" younger crowd seems to like a lot of noise and it makes it hard to communicate with your table mates without a lot shouting (or maybe they don't care about the noise since they can just text to each other). wine list is excellent but pricy. Wait staff was very courteous and attentive. Appropriately apologetic for an error in the kitchen and brought out the correct order very quickly after error was pointed out to them.Special Features:
- elmajoVIPDined on 8/10/2014we were several times in Riverpark and the dinners were delicious.So we were looking forward to a nice lunch. We did not know that on Sundays only brunch is served. Everything was dripping from fat-only the frittes were fine-but that was not what we were interested in. It was like adifferent place we used to know
- if you know, you gopatcflyDined on 8/8/2014This place isn't casual and isn't family friendly. And that's a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backGunnarDined on 8/8/2014The folks that have put together Riverpark have done a splendid job, in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULAR!~luv2eatVIPDined on 8/8/2014I went for late lunch on Friday -- today is Monday and i'm still thinking about how delicious the food was!~ Not my first time dining at a Tom Coliccio venue, but this was my most enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and great outdoor diningjamieDined on 8/8/2014the food was delicious and the plate looked beautiful each course. i loved eating outside. the scene was very prettty. i def recommend the lamb ribs!Special Features:
- Friday...UniqueDined on 8/8/2014Attention to detail was outstanding. Table request was honored. Presentation was wonderful.Special Features:
- Hidden gemRestaurantweekfanDined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant that I'm lucky to have in my neighborhood. Food is fresh and I love the fact they have their own herb garden. Noise from FDR is a bit annoying, but the view of East River, quality of service and food compensate.Special Features: