Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen
127 West Main Street
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rivermarketbarandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 9146313100x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days a Week Serving:
Lunch 11AM to 3PM Monday - Friday
Brunch 11AM to 3PM Saturday and Sunday
Bar Menu 3PM to 5PM Monday - Sunday
5PM to 10PM Monday - Thursday;
5PM to 11PM Friday and Saturday;
5PM to 9PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between the Tarrytown Metro North Train Station and the Hudson River
- Public Transit: Tarrytown Metro North Train Station is located directly across West Main Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Private lot located behind Rivermarket in Hudson Harbor. Train station lots directly across West Main Street are open to the public after 4pm M-F and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
A word from Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen
A Hudson Valley inspired farm-to-table restaurant, fresh market and wine and spirits shop located 25 miles from midtown Manhattan and 30 minutes from Grand Central Station.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Tarrytown ›
Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (105)fit for foodies (93)good for groups (65)scenic view (65)neighborhood gem (63)special occasion (58)great for lunch (55)great for brunch (53)notable wine list (46)romantic (40)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014food keeps getting better. service always great. cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- GinaGDined on 10/17/2014I was with a party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was very good also.Special Features:
- Beautiful location & architectureGetFitzDined on 10/17/2014Great food and a very unique architecture. Food is quite tasty. Right by the water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/14/2014I ordered a chicken salad for lunch and it was bland with no flavor. I could not taste the difference between the chicken and the beans. Service was mediocre, as usual. The owner was more attentive than the wait staff. Pretty sad.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Salad with fava beans came without. Decent wine menu but Red wine was served too chilled. Braised short ribs were only meh...a bit tough and dry and I expected better flavor. Good ambiance, however. Came with family of five at 6:30 on Columbus Day and place was lively and was beautifully candle lit with lots of industrial/ rustic appeal.Special Features:
- TtownfoodieDined on 10/11/2014A favorite of ours, close to our house, nicely decorated, and good ambience. Food is good, the Lobster Linguini Neri is one of my favorites, The Short Ribs are also good. Service has improved a great deal at the tables since their opening; bartenders are not very good, disinterested, and not very friendly. I think management could improve their social skills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed food optionsIllaVIPDined on 10/10/2014the menu is limited for someone who is not a meat eater. Although Scallops were good, they were served with greens. Boring! Nothing special and pricey. Salmon, pricey, eat that at home frequently. Calamari appetizer had lots of greens, minimal calamari -- tasteless! Mussels appetizer, huge size, never ate that before, Also, quite tasteless. Very expensive dinner for 4 -- not really worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedJoeventDined on 10/8/2014Expected greatness from Crabtree Kittle House group but got so-so expensive food. Great space but t-shirted wait staff was a turnoff.Special Features:
- Usually excellent, this time mehIgnatzDined on 10/6/2014Did not like the veggie burger- egg is on it yuck. Bun was dry. S'mores dessert was cold, not nearly as good as a previous visit. Different chef on Mondays?
- A FavoriteIgnatzDined on 10/2/2014Rustic yet elegant design, great attention to details in the structure of the restaurant. Food is delicious, tables are comfortable. Owner is friendly which really makes a difference. Give this place a try!Special Features:
- A lot of hype, a big disappointmentKReckDined on 9/24/2014I was so looking forward to celebrating my parents' 53rd wedding anniversary at one of Westchester's most lauded new dining spots. I can't remember ever leaving a meal so angry and disappointed.The food was the biggest let-down. Tasteless and over-cooked are the most kind adjectives I can think of for the entrees. All 5 of them -- each different. The service was unforgivably slow and inattentive. The noise level was deafening. There were several large groups, all of which were seated at square tables, (the 1 round table was reserved for "very special guests" ...unless they get a different menu with higher prices, I'm pretty sure my party of 5 is just as special). And if I'm paying $70/person, my server should not be dressed in a t-shirt.
- Winner Thursday thru SatRicoDined on 9/21/2014I love the fresh ingredients from local farms and waters. The fish was very fresh (I had swordfish) and the short rib was amazing. One footnote.... We have been several times and found it to be super excellent Thursday fri and Saturdays. When we went on a Sunday evening it was a bit off on all areas. When we mentioned it we were told the primary chef was off that night as was the manager. So do a Thursday thru Sat and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMhk5454Dined on 9/21/2014Was looking fo a place near the water. Not as close to the Hudson as I would have like but decent. Good was excellent. Had brunch/lunch. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!KarenVIPDined on 9/21/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant we had impeccable service! This experience was outstanding in everyway. The hostess to our server, Robert (who was phenomenal) to the bartender. We cannot say enough about the service. The food was delicious. The presentation was lovely-food was very fresh-flavors blended exceptionally. A superb dining experience and lots of fun. This spot is a must visit!Special Features:
- RivermarketOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014The restaurant is new and open space with a nice outdoor seating area. Service was excellent from the hostess, bartender, waitstaff, and even the woman behind the counter of the market. Food was excellent, we enjoyed salads, scallops and mussels which were all perfect except for the fact that the market salad was a large bowl full of whole greens and a little difficult to eat. My companion ordered a drink off the cocktail list that she did not like and it was replaced with something else and removed from the bill. No questions asked. Dessert was efficiently packed up for us to go. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rivermarket Bar & Kitchenreadytogoback2Dined on 9/19/2014Went for an early lunch with friends so the restaurant was quiet. Everyone was extremely pleasant and helpful. The menu was very interesting and it was hard to decide. I loved my black lobster linguini and even though there wasn't a side salad on the lunch menu the waitress brought one for the table to share. There were lots of yummy things in it like pretty little potatoes, radishes and everyone commented on how delicious the dressing was. Garnished witha crusty bread and dreamy ricotta cheese. Desserts were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All goodtrafficDined on 9/18/2014Have been a few times, never disappointed. Can't help but chuckle at some of the reviews. Do you REALLY care if the server is in a t-shirt? Food's great, service too. The decor is absolutely fabulous. athe entire staff seems ready to go out of their way to make sure you enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Great food, ambiance eh...WpdiningDined on 9/15/2014I can't say enough about the food. Everything was truly delicious - the gnudi and heirloom tomato salad, then the scallops, steak frites and gnocchi....and topped off by sharing the butter pecan ice cream sandwich, smores and peach cobbler. All wonderful! I appreciated the innovativeness of the mushroom boards lining the ceiling and the old pine floors....but something felt sterile about the restaurant. Maybe the fact that the tables are all lined perfectly, that the chairs all look the same, that the restaurant is a perfect square. I wondered if the tables were less identical and more "rustic", it would feel warmer....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great noise!PiperDined on 9/15/2014Our food (all lobster) was terrific. The service was fine. But the noise level is beyond "energetic" -- it makes conversation below the shout level impossible, and the restaurant was far from full. We hope they find a way to fix this, because otherwise it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerGoodnickDined on 9/14/2014We went for an early dinner at 4PM on a Sunday. They were still converting over from brunch, but explained the situation to us and we were happy to sip on a cocktail for 15 minutes while we waited. Otherwise service was quick. Food was very fresh tasting and well seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFatmanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Ladt time ok but very disappointed this time. Many mistakes and just didn't hit the mark in quality.
- Enjoyable brunch; wonderful viewRtielmomVIPDined on 9/14/2014We went to the Rivermarket for Sunday brunch and were very happy with our meals. The lobster salad, a standout, was prepared without mayo and was fresh and delicious. Wine pourings were generous and service was attentive. The view is inviting and outdoor seating is available. We will gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, unfriendly staffliz1234Dined on 9/13/2014Not a pleasant experience from start to finish. The hostess was rude and acted as if her seating us was an imposition on her busy schedule. The food was not terrible, but scallops were significantly undercooked. The waitstaff was friendlier than the hostess, but obviously had no interest in being there. I'm very disappointed because the space and location are nice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014had delicious dinner with friends last night. go late as the room is very loud. waitress messed up martini order initially, but retrieved evening with excellent service and fantastic tasty food. I had Maine mussels in lobster bisque for starter- large enough for a main course. Swordfish over polenta was very good and well cooked but for $38 the portion of fish was very smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014Very good food and excellent, friendly, fun service. Totally enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- AwesomeCSCSDined on 9/12/2014Does not get any better. Space was fantastic. Service was great and the food was some of the best I have ever had. Can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attractive restaurantCannonballDined on 9/9/2014I really liked the design and the spaciousness of the River-market restaurant and the food was good. My only negative comment is that the restaurant is extremely noisy. It was not even full yet the noise level was unacceptable to me. The server was attentive, inexperienced, yet tried hard to please. I really liked the design and it is quite an attractive place, I don't know if I will go back because of the noise level.Special Features:
- Brooks2014Dined on 9/6/2014We had a great dinner and were all very happy with how our meals were prepared. We arrived a bit early, during the shift changeover so it was a little "confused" but after we received our drinks, we were well taken care of by a professional, sharp server, Jenn. She was attentive, energetic, and happy! We will definitely go back as we meet friends in the Tarrytown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a FriendEnjoys2eatDined on 9/5/2014I have dined here about 6 times before, food was excellent & service was okay. This time food was salty...we both had the lamb sliders and the lobster roll. My lamb slider was good but my lobster roll was was beyond salty. My friend said his lamb slider and lobster roll was salty. The service was ok. I raved about the food before we got there, I was very disappointed. I may try it one more time only because previous experiences were good. For the price, the food should be always good and so should the service...consistency very important. We dined outside on a very patio.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2014Have made reservations through Open Table and dined at restaurant several times. My reviews have consistently given the restaurant high ratings in all categories. I'm wondering if it's necessary for you to continue asking a frequent diner at the same restaurant for a review each and every time. In my view it's a waste of my time and you shouldn't be using the same customer's input over and over for your stats. I suggest you take a look at the number of times and the frequencies with which you seek the same client's/customer's ratings and perhaps consider modifying your approach.Special Features:
- Lovely and relaxingAmbitiousDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful space, only went there once for lunch. had the lobster salad which was a juicy tail on greens. I could hardly taste the dressing, otherwise I would have asked for a vinaigrette.. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Fantastic DecksderkDined on 9/4/2014We sat outside on Rivermarket's beautiful deck. Tables are set pretty far apart, so it's very comfortable and relaxed. Delicious food, good service. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- PleasantBunnyVIPDined on 9/4/2014The restaurant is lovely but a bit overpriced. A dessert of ice cream for $12.00 is over the top.Special Features:
- Abysmal serviceSwimshineDined on 9/3/2014Having dined at River Market several times in the past we decided to take my soon to be 94 year old father there for a special treat. Unfortunately the appalling service overshadowed the quality of the food, which is decent. In the past, the dining experience at River Market although pricey, was a good one. No longer. Sadly, there will be no further visits here.
- Go for the viewSoutherngirlDined on 8/31/2014This place is beautiful... Beautiful interior, beautiful view. So you want to know about the food.... We started off with grilled calamari salad. It was THE WORST calamari I have ever had. Undercooked (not grilled, more like boiled, and bland. Asked for salt and pepper to try to enjoy the salad part but was still terrible. It really was awful.. I cringe at those chewy white rubberbands and that's what it was. We didn't eat it and our waitress never noticed that we didn't eat it when she took the plate away to prep for our main entree..... I should have left/said something but I didn't... Next we had two sandwiches, which were pretty good, no complaints there. Would go back for drinks but not for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RivermarketMariettaDined on 8/30/2014The 6 of us are in our early thirties to celebrate a friend's birthday. The service was good, decor very cute and very easily located to meet a group from manhattan, queens and rockland county. They let us stay and enjoy our desert as we were the last to leave, but did not rush us. Nice vibe, good food, will most likely be back.Special Features:
- Great Addition in WestchesterJohn55VIPDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten here several times and it has never failed to impress - organic - farm to table menu - all the food is goodSpecial Features:
- First visit, lunch with clientSuperbiaDined on 8/28/2014We both had a bit of trouble finding this place, as there is no visible signage at street level. Just the chairs on a raised terrace gave a clue to where the door might be - signage at the door is pretty subtle. We ate out on the terrace rather than indoors on a lovely sunny day. Kind of noisy due to delivery trucks going by to bring things to the restaurant. Both ordered composed salads and iced tea. Waiter got the orders, accomodated client's request for extra ice and separate lemons with grace. Salads were tasty, hers had a hair in it, so it was returned (and handled graciously). Good ingredients, well prepared. I'd try it again.Special Features:
- So much potential, fix the service!lovefoodandcoffeeVIPDined on 8/24/2014I can start off by saying I usually don't care at all about service when picking a restaurant, or at least it is my last consideration. But the level of service here was so poor that it genuinely ruined the experience. The waitress was completely missing in action the entire time, and the place only was like a tenth full when we were there. We actually bailed on dessert even though it was my mother's birthday because we couldn't take waiting any longer for them to get their act together. Food was ok, slightly above average for Westchester county but definitely not by any means making up for the lack of service. We wanted to like it, I suggest you wait till they get their act together or hire some more experienced professionals.Special Features:
- Tasty but ExpensivethanksfortheexperienceDined on 8/21/2014Food was good. Very good service. Nice atmosphere. Overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.