Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen
127 West Main Street
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rivermarketbarandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 9146313100x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days a Week Serving:
Lunch 11AM to 3PM Monday - Friday
Brunch 11AM to 3PM Saturday and Sunday
Bar Menu 3PM to 5PM Monday - Sunday
5PM to 10PM Monday - Thursday;
5PM to 11PM Friday and Saturday;
5PM to 9PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between the Tarrytown Metro North Train Station and the Hudson River
- Public Transit: Tarrytown Metro North Train Station is located directly across West Main Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Private lot located behind Rivermarket in Hudson Harbor. Train station lots directly across West Main Street are open to the public after 4pm M-F and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
A word from Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen
A Hudson Valley inspired farm-to-table restaurant, fresh market and wine and spirits shop located 25 miles from midtown Manhattan and 30 minutes from Grand Central Station.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (110)fit for foodies (93)scenic view (72)good for groups (65)neighborhood gem (63)great for brunch (61)great for lunch (57)special occasion (56)notable wine list (45)romantic (41)vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (33)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (9)Show More
- Great food, ambiance eh...WpdiningDined on 9/15/2014I can't say enough about the food. Everything was truly delicious - the gnudi and heirloom tomato salad, then the scallops, steak frites and gnocchi....and topped off by sharing the butter pecan ice cream sandwich, smores and peach cobbler. All wonderful! I appreciated the innovativeness of the mushroom boards lining the ceiling and the old pine floors....but something felt sterile about the restaurant. Maybe the fact that the tables are all lined perfectly, that the chairs all look the same, that the restaurant is a perfect square. I wondered if the tables were less identical and more "rustic", it would feel warmer....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great noise!PiperDined on 9/15/2014Our food (all lobster) was terrific. The service was fine. But the noise level is beyond "energetic" -- it makes conversation below the shout level impossible, and the restaurant was far from full. We hope they find a way to fix this, because otherwise it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerGoodnickDined on 9/14/2014We went for an early dinner at 4PM on a Sunday. They were still converting over from brunch, but explained the situation to us and we were happy to sip on a cocktail for 15 minutes while we waited. Otherwise service was quick. Food was very fresh tasting and well seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFatmanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Ladt time ok but very disappointed this time. Many mistakes and just didn't hit the mark in quality.
- Enjoyable brunch; wonderful viewRtielmomVIPDined on 9/14/2014We went to the Rivermarket for Sunday brunch and were very happy with our meals. The lobster salad, a standout, was prepared without mayo and was fresh and delicious. Wine pourings were generous and service was attentive. The view is inviting and outdoor seating is available. We will gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, unfriendly staffliz1234Dined on 9/13/2014Not a pleasant experience from start to finish. The hostess was rude and acted as if her seating us was an imposition on her busy schedule. The food was not terrible, but scallops were significantly undercooked. The waitstaff was friendlier than the hostess, but obviously had no interest in being there. I'm very disappointed because the space and location are nice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014had delicious dinner with friends last night. go late as the room is very loud. waitress messed up martini order initially, but retrieved evening with excellent service and fantastic tasty food. I had Maine mussels in lobster bisque for starter- large enough for a main course. Swordfish over polenta was very good and well cooked but for $38 the portion of fish was very smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014Very good food and excellent, friendly, fun service. Totally enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- AwesomeCSCSDined on 9/12/2014Does not get any better. Space was fantastic. Service was great and the food was some of the best I have ever had. Can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attractive restaurantCannonballDined on 9/9/2014I really liked the design and the spaciousness of the River-market restaurant and the food was good. My only negative comment is that the restaurant is extremely noisy. It was not even full yet the noise level was unacceptable to me. The server was attentive, inexperienced, yet tried hard to please. I really liked the design and it is quite an attractive place, I don't know if I will go back because of the noise level.Special Features:
- Brooks2014Dined on 9/6/2014We had a great dinner and were all very happy with how our meals were prepared. We arrived a bit early, during the shift changeover so it was a little "confused" but after we received our drinks, we were well taken care of by a professional, sharp server, Jenn. She was attentive, energetic, and happy! We will definitely go back as we meet friends in the Tarrytown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a FriendEnjoys2eatDined on 9/5/2014I have dined here about 6 times before, food was excellent & service was okay. This time food was salty...we both had the lamb sliders and the lobster roll. My lamb slider was good but my lobster roll was was beyond salty. My friend said his lamb slider and lobster roll was salty. The service was ok. I raved about the food before we got there, I was very disappointed. I may try it one more time only because previous experiences were good. For the price, the food should be always good and so should the service...consistency very important. We dined outside on a very patio.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2014Have made reservations through Open Table and dined at restaurant several times. My reviews have consistently given the restaurant high ratings in all categories. I'm wondering if it's necessary for you to continue asking a frequent diner at the same restaurant for a review each and every time. In my view it's a waste of my time and you shouldn't be using the same customer's input over and over for your stats. I suggest you take a look at the number of times and the frequencies with which you seek the same client's/customer's ratings and perhaps consider modifying your approach.Special Features:
- Lovely and relaxingAmbitiousDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful space, only went there once for lunch. had the lobster salad which was a juicy tail on greens. I could hardly taste the dressing, otherwise I would have asked for a vinaigrette.. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Fantastic DecksderkDined on 9/4/2014We sat outside on Rivermarket's beautiful deck. Tables are set pretty far apart, so it's very comfortable and relaxed. Delicious food, good service. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- PleasantBunnyVIPDined on 9/4/2014The restaurant is lovely but a bit overpriced. A dessert of ice cream for $12.00 is over the top.Special Features:
- Abysmal serviceSwimshineDined on 9/3/2014Having dined at River Market several times in the past we decided to take my soon to be 94 year old father there for a special treat. Unfortunately the appalling service overshadowed the quality of the food, which is decent. In the past, the dining experience at River Market although pricey, was a good one. No longer. Sadly, there will be no further visits here.
- Go for the viewSoutherngirlDined on 8/31/2014This place is beautiful... Beautiful interior, beautiful view. So you want to know about the food.... We started off with grilled calamari salad. It was THE WORST calamari I have ever had. Undercooked (not grilled, more like boiled, and bland. Asked for salt and pepper to try to enjoy the salad part but was still terrible. It really was awful.. I cringe at those chewy white rubberbands and that's what it was. We didn't eat it and our waitress never noticed that we didn't eat it when she took the plate away to prep for our main entree..... I should have left/said something but I didn't... Next we had two sandwiches, which were pretty good, no complaints there. Would go back for drinks but not for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RivermarketMariettaDined on 8/30/2014The 6 of us are in our early thirties to celebrate a friend's birthday. The service was good, decor very cute and very easily located to meet a group from manhattan, queens and rockland county. They let us stay and enjoy our desert as we were the last to leave, but did not rush us. Nice vibe, good food, will most likely be back.Special Features:
- First visit, lunch with clientSuperbiaDined on 8/28/2014We both had a bit of trouble finding this place, as there is no visible signage at street level. Just the chairs on a raised terrace gave a clue to where the door might be - signage at the door is pretty subtle. We ate out on the terrace rather than indoors on a lovely sunny day. Kind of noisy due to delivery trucks going by to bring things to the restaurant. Both ordered composed salads and iced tea. Waiter got the orders, accomodated client's request for extra ice and separate lemons with grace. Salads were tasty, hers had a hair in it, so it was returned (and handled graciously). Good ingredients, well prepared. I'd try it again.Special Features:
- So much potential, fix the service!lovefoodandcoffeeVIPDined on 8/24/2014I can start off by saying I usually don't care at all about service when picking a restaurant, or at least it is my last consideration. But the level of service here was so poor that it genuinely ruined the experience. The waitress was completely missing in action the entire time, and the place only was like a tenth full when we were there. We actually bailed on dessert even though it was my mother's birthday because we couldn't take waiting any longer for them to get their act together. Food was ok, slightly above average for Westchester county but definitely not by any means making up for the lack of service. We wanted to like it, I suggest you wait till they get their act together or hire some more experienced professionals.Special Features:
- Tasty but ExpensivethanksfortheexperienceDined on 8/21/2014Food was good. Very good service. Nice atmosphere. Overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful experiencePermVIPDined on 8/19/2014Both the food and service were excellent and the ambiance delightful.Special Features:
- Twice In One WeekOldflameDined on 8/17/2014Friday for lunch; Sunday for dinner. One meal outdoors; one meal indoors. Both superb. Can't say enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FishtrafficDined on 8/17/2014Once again we enjoyed this restaurant. There were five of us this time and everyone had a terrific meal. The swordfish was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Very priceyCoralDined on 8/16/2014Food was good but small portions at large prices! I love the restaurant but can only go occasionally!Special Features:
- An impressive room, farm to tablesenorborgesDined on 8/16/2014We did an overnight getaway from NYC and this restaurant was a great find. The room is absolutely gorgeous with a spacious feel but yet warm with all the wood detail. Had some nice wines by the glass and our 11 year old son had a lovely ricotta gnudi. We had a steak. There's a beautiful riverfront park too nearby and is a great way to relax before or after the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bzbodyVIPDined on 8/11/2014Once again, a truly enjoyable overall dining experience! We have eaten here numerous times and we are never disappointed. Their bread is the best too!! Plan to return very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/11/2014Excellent food, lovely service. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- LOVE ITPATEEATSVIPDined on 8/9/2014found this spot on Open Table and loved it. It's near the river (although no view) and the best lobster salad I've had -- just meat and greens, no mayo or hotdog bun. Wonderful! We were there for lunch last Saturday and place was very quiet.Special Features:
- A great find!!!DrumfunkstaVIPDined on 8/8/2014This was our second lunch here and we got to sit outside. The view of the Hudson River and Tappan Zee Bridge was great! As for lunch...the oysters were fresh and delicious but don't overlook the cooked oysters with pancetta on them, YUM!! I got the burger with a fried egg on it and the thick-cut bacon.....AWESOME!!!!! BTW - I think Open Table needs to add a check box above for Notable Beer list. This place has that as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMerylVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is the 3rd time I visited this restaurant and probably my last. The food is really mediocre and not worth the very high prices charged.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014Consistently great food and service! Nice to see new items on menu. Look forward to pizza.Special Features:
- compassDined on 8/1/2014The food and service was very good and we liked the ambience. howeverf we found it a little noisy.Special Features:
- Best Lambchops ever!ExcellentVIPDined on 8/1/2014My family had an excellent dinner at the Rivermarket Bar and Kitchen. We went there with our starving 6 yr-old, the waiter rushed to get her order in and quickly got my husband and I a bottle of wine. With that kind-of service we knew we were in for a treat! Luckily the food is as good as the service. We had a taste of several things on the menu: lobster, swordfish and aforementioned "best lamb chops" ever. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayeatsoutDined on 7/31/2014Food was good, service was good but for price it should have been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lobster saladrjgarnoldVIPDined on 7/28/2014Recommended by a friend, we used this restaurant as a debrief with our group after a local business meeting. Reasonable prices, good lobster salad and mussels. All enjoyed their food and the iced tea kept coming. Excellent service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glen is the bestMikeTVIPDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites of all the rivertowns! Between Glen and the staff you can't go wrongSpecial Features:
- Promising new restaurantColcosVIPDined on 7/26/2014Loved the look. Warm and inviting with a casual upscale vibe. Menu is farm to table type with grassfed beef and local produce. I had a delicious burratta salad and then pasta with lamb ragu. I love that you are able to get half portions of pasta. Wine list offers a nice selection by the glass, I had a beautiful Rose that went perfectly with my food. The lemon tart was the perfect ending for a summer meal. The only slight negative for me was the server was not friendly at all. The service was timely and adequate but she offered nothing to enlighten us to the menu or the restaurant. I like to be served by someone who loves what they do, it can really enhance the meal and the experience.Special Features:
- Amateurish servicehookDined on 7/23/2014Nice restaurant and good "farm to table" food but the service is so poor (this was second visit 6 months apart) that one simply cannot go to eat here. It's not worth the moderately high prices. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend it for any one - try anywhere else