Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen
127 West Main Street
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rivermarketbarandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 9146313100x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days a Week Serving:
Lunch 11AM to 3PM Monday - Friday
Brunch 11AM to 3PM Saturday and Sunday
Bar Menu 3PM to 5PM Monday - Sunday
5PM to 10PM Monday - Thursday;
5PM to 11PM Friday and Saturday;
5PM to 9PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between the Tarrytown Metro North Train Station and the Hudson River
- Public Transit: Tarrytown Metro North Train Station is located directly across West Main Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Private lot located behind Rivermarket in Hudson Harbor. Train station lots directly across West Main Street are open to the public after 4pm M-F and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
A word from Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen
A Hudson Valley inspired farm-to-table restaurant, fresh market and wine and spirits shop located 25 miles from midtown Manhattan and 30 minutes from Grand Central Station.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (104)fit for foodies (91)scenic view (70)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (58)great for brunch (57)great for lunch (51)notable wine list (44)romantic (40)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (30)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (9)Show More
- Go for the viewSoutherngirlDined on 8/31/2014This place is beautiful... Beautiful interior, beautiful view. So you want to know about the food.... We started off with grilled calamari salad. It was THE WORST calamari I have ever had. Undercooked (not grilled, more like boiled, and bland. Asked for salt and pepper to try to enjoy the salad part but was still terrible. It really was awful.. I cringe at those chewy white rubberbands and that's what it was. We didn't eat it and our waitress never noticed that we didn't eat it when she took the plate away to prep for our main entree..... I should have left/said something but I didn't... Next we had two sandwiches, which were pretty good, no complaints there. Would go back for drinks but not for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RivermarketMariettaDined on 8/30/2014The 6 of us are in our early thirties to celebrate a friend's birthday. The service was good, decor very cute and very easily located to meet a group from manhattan, queens and rockland county. They let us stay and enjoy our desert as we were the last to leave, but did not rush us. Nice vibe, good food, will most likely be back.Special Features:
- First visit, lunch with clientSuperbiaDined on 8/28/2014We both had a bit of trouble finding this place, as there is no visible signage at street level. Just the chairs on a raised terrace gave a clue to where the door might be - signage at the door is pretty subtle. We ate out on the terrace rather than indoors on a lovely sunny day. Kind of noisy due to delivery trucks going by to bring things to the restaurant. Both ordered composed salads and iced tea. Waiter got the orders, accomodated client's request for extra ice and separate lemons with grace. Salads were tasty, hers had a hair in it, so it was returned (and handled graciously). Good ingredients, well prepared. I'd try it again.Special Features:
- So much potential, fix the service!lovefoodandcoffeeVIPDined on 8/24/2014I can start off by saying I usually don't care at all about service when picking a restaurant, or at least it is my last consideration. But the level of service here was so poor that it genuinely ruined the experience. The waitress was completely missing in action the entire time, and the place only was like a tenth full when we were there. We actually bailed on dessert even though it was my mother's birthday because we couldn't take waiting any longer for them to get their act together. Food was ok, slightly above average for Westchester county but definitely not by any means making up for the lack of service. We wanted to like it, I suggest you wait till they get their act together or hire some more experienced professionals.Special Features:
- Tasty but ExpensivethanksfortheexperienceDined on 8/21/2014Food was good. Very good service. Nice atmosphere. Overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful experiencePermVIPDined on 8/19/2014Both the food and service were excellent and the ambiance delightful.Special Features:
- Twice In One WeekOldflameDined on 8/17/2014Friday for lunch; Sunday for dinner. One meal outdoors; one meal indoors. Both superb. Can't say enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FishtrafficDined on 8/17/2014Once again we enjoyed this restaurant. There were five of us this time and everyone had a terrific meal. The swordfish was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Very priceyCoralDined on 8/16/2014Food was good but small portions at large prices! I love the restaurant but can only go occasionally!Special Features:
- An impressive room, farm to tablesenorborgesDined on 8/16/2014We did an overnight getaway from NYC and this restaurant was a great find. The room is absolutely gorgeous with a spacious feel but yet warm with all the wood detail. Had some nice wines by the glass and our 11 year old son had a lovely ricotta gnudi. We had a steak. There's a beautiful riverfront park too nearby and is a great way to relax before or after the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bzbodyVIPDined on 8/11/2014Once again, a truly enjoyable overall dining experience! We have eaten here numerous times and we are never disappointed. Their bread is the best too!! Plan to return very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/11/2014Excellent food, lovely service. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- LOVE ITPATEEATSVIPDined on 8/9/2014found this spot on Open Table and loved it. It's near the river (although no view) and the best lobster salad I've had -- just meat and greens, no mayo or hotdog bun. Wonderful! We were there for lunch last Saturday and place was very quiet.Special Features:
- A great find!!!DrumfunkstaVIPDined on 8/8/2014This was our second lunch here and we got to sit outside. The view of the Hudson River and Tappan Zee Bridge was great! As for lunch...the oysters were fresh and delicious but don't overlook the cooked oysters with pancetta on them, YUM!! I got the burger with a fried egg on it and the thick-cut bacon.....AWESOME!!!!! BTW - I think Open Table needs to add a check box above for Notable Beer list. This place has that as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMerylVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is the 3rd time I visited this restaurant and probably my last. The food is really mediocre and not worth the very high prices charged.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014Consistently great food and service! Nice to see new items on menu. Look forward to pizza.Special Features:
- compassDined on 8/1/2014The food and service was very good and we liked the ambience. howeverf we found it a little noisy.Special Features:
- Best Lambchops ever!ExcellentVIPDined on 8/1/2014My family had an excellent dinner at the Rivermarket Bar and Kitchen. We went there with our starving 6 yr-old, the waiter rushed to get her order in and quickly got my husband and I a bottle of wine. With that kind-of service we knew we were in for a treat! Luckily the food is as good as the service. We had a taste of several things on the menu: lobster, swordfish and aforementioned "best lamb chops" ever. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayeatsoutDined on 7/31/2014Food was good, service was good but for price it should have been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lobster saladrjgarnoldVIPDined on 7/28/2014Recommended by a friend, we used this restaurant as a debrief with our group after a local business meeting. Reasonable prices, good lobster salad and mussels. All enjoyed their food and the iced tea kept coming. Excellent service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glen is the bestMikeTVIPDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites of all the rivertowns! Between Glen and the staff you can't go wrongSpecial Features:
- Promising new restaurantColcosVIPDined on 7/26/2014Loved the look. Warm and inviting with a casual upscale vibe. Menu is farm to table type with grassfed beef and local produce. I had a delicious burratta salad and then pasta with lamb ragu. I love that you are able to get half portions of pasta. Wine list offers a nice selection by the glass, I had a beautiful Rose that went perfectly with my food. The lemon tart was the perfect ending for a summer meal. The only slight negative for me was the server was not friendly at all. The service was timely and adequate but she offered nothing to enlighten us to the menu or the restaurant. I like to be served by someone who loves what they do, it can really enhance the meal and the experience.Special Features:
- Amateurish servicehookDined on 7/23/2014Nice restaurant and good "farm to table" food but the service is so poor (this was second visit 6 months apart) that one simply cannot go to eat here. It's not worth the moderately high prices. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend it for any one - try anywhere else
- GinaLouDined on 7/22/2014Excellent. Highly recommend. Food was excellent. Quantities were good. Well worth the money. Scenic views from the large outside dining area. Nice spot. Will be back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rivermarket Hits a Home Run!AnnSBVIPDined on 7/20/2014Beautiful setting, great vibe and wonderful, casual food makes Rivermarket a go to dining spot. I can't wait to go back. John Crabtree has hit a home run with this restaurant!Special Features:
- RiverMarket is "Local" and LovelyLocalFoodieDined on 7/19/2014Dinner at RiverMarket for the first time and we were very pleased. Great wine, delicious local food. The wait staff are friendly and appropriately attentive. The owners have paid attention to every detail, keeping RiverMarket an environmentally friendly and sophisticated place to dine. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tangoVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food OK. Prices a little bit on the high side. Fancy names given to average food preparations. Ingredients , meat, vegetables , salad dressing very good. First time there. Outside dining great for a warm summer day.Special Features:
- Better every timetrafficDined on 7/19/2014I have seen the mixed reviews about the service. Our server was excellent. She was able to articulate the menu. She was friendly but non-intrusive. They are surely getting better. The food, just burgers and the absolutely fantastic lobster salad, was as usual delicious.Special Features:
- Will definitely come backTimDDined on 7/17/2014The prices are on the high side due to the grass fed meat and free range chickens but that is totally acceptable. Beer list was good and I really like the service there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully RusticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014Trendy and rustic....farm to table food and it's very good! We went on a Sunday-late afternoon....between brunch and dinner...it was a little awkward...but we had a great "lunch". You're overlooking the Hudson River and in a lovely development on the other side of the Tarrytown train station. A little pricey but that's what the "farm fresh" prices are these days. We're going to try DINNER next time so there is a full menu to choose from!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great LocationTheDiningFanaticVIPDined on 7/12/2014The Rivermarket is a great place to enjoy a dinner with either friends, family or your significant other. We loved the design of this restaurant it is very tastefully done. The food was perfect from the chilled seafood platter to the hamburgers everything was delicious. Only down side was waiting 20 minutes just to get a drink at the bar. It was their busiest time and they seemed to be short staffed at the bar. But overall this is a place you must try. After dinner take a walk along the water it makes for a perfect night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No longer impressedRoGardVIPDined on 7/12/2014I've been to RM approx 5x. Reviewing July 12 (6 pm). Wine list, touted as "extensive" = bit pricey and although I tasted five Sav Blancs, I didn't find any to be exceptional. Settled on a NYS to support my local growers. It was ok, not great. The raw oyster app was not cold, nearly room temp. I told the waiter, he said "ok" and walked away. Lobster Salad app (fav of mine) has gone up in price significantly and the lettuce in the salad did not taste fresh; lobster was delicious. Lamb Slider app was dry, but edible. With all these disappointments, I was hesitant to order dessert, but the Strawberry Shortcake was absolutely fabulous. Overall, not impressed with RM any longer.Special Features:
- I want to like it but...Midtown48VIPDined on 7/12/2014Third time here. First time was the best experience. Love the location and the space. This time order was simple: hamburger with cheddar done medium - and that was done right. Bacon crisp - not accomplished. Hair on plate - not really necessary. French Fries cold. Service well meaning but not efficient. There are better places in our town and in the area and not as expensive. It will be awhile before we try RMB&K again.
- Unfortunate diningExperiencedfoodieDined on 7/11/2014We understand that this restaurant is owned by the Kittlehouse in Chappaqua where we have dined in the past. Quite frankly you could find better quality food in a diner that at this restaurant. We ordered several different items at lunch and they were all horrible. The amount of food was so off-putting.
- Expected betterDavid10546Dined on 7/10/2014Nice setting, pleasant but not wel informed waiter, and good starters. Entrees disappointed, especially the fattiest short ribs I've ever had and a mediocre lobster roll. For the money, there are several better alternatives. I'd suggest going for a drink and an appetizer at the bar.
- Getting Even Better!Domi111VIPDined on 7/9/2014My most recent visit to Rivermarket, this time for lunch, was pleasant as usual, but the service has definitely moved up a big notch in professionalism. Thumbs up! : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top of the line tunatrafficDined on 7/8/2014Once again RiverMarket hit the bullseye. Shared the mussels and loved them. Just the right amount of spice! the Niçoise salad was jnust perfect. Fresh! delicious tuna.Special Features:
- AwfulRiverDinerDined on 7/7/2014We have been there several times for lunch and had a decent experience. Our first time for dinner was bad across the board. Right away, the four of us noticed the odd choice of music (Led Zeppelin and Lynyrd Skynyrd). We asked several times to have them turn and it down and even change the soundtrack. The restaurant is casual but loud college bar music was inappropriate for a pricey dinner. The food was a bigger disappointment. The short ribs were tough and lukewarm, and the swordfish was much too salty. While the server was polite enough, the manager only apologized and took half of our meals off the bill but still charged us for our drinks and dessert. Not great, considering we expected a nice meal and didn't even have an entree.
- UnimpressedEatOutALotVIPDined on 7/4/2014This is not the first time we've been here, and I must admit I enjoyed the first visit more. This time, I was not just unimpressed but annoyed. Twice, while I wasn't looking at her, the waitress took my beer glass off the table prior to my being finished with my drink. She tried to do the same with my date's wine glass, but my date was paying attention and told her to stop. Never asked if we were done with our drinks or interested in whether we'd like another. Just took the glass. Bar must have been running short. As for the food, my hanger steak was totally unseasoned and virtually tasteless. For the prices charged, this restaurant has much to do to earn its rates and ratings.
- ConsistencyWillowDined on 7/4/2014We went to Rivermarket and had the lobster salad, because I vividly remembered the fabulous taste from our last visit. Unfortunately, this time it was bland, and not at all as good. The lamb chops were fabulous, as was the strawberry sorbet. Unfortunately, the owner didn't want to hear the comment. So many people order it, he figured we must be wrong.Special Features: