5825 60th Ave
Delta, BC V4K 4E2Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://riverhousegroup.com/
- Phone: 6049467545x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Sunday: 4:300pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Daniel Hofing
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Watch our website for details on entertainment and upcoming events. If you are planning a special event, wedding, birthday party, anniversary, reunion or company function, please contact us directly and let us do the work.
A word from RiverHouse Restaurant
#1 Dining destination in Delta. Watch the eagles soar, enjoy fantastic sunsets in the warm ambiance of the restaurant. Only the finest, freshest ingredients go into every dish, all of which are individually prepared. Wild Pacific Salmon, West Coast Halibut,AAA Steaks & Prime Rib, Free Range Chicken and the freshest vegetables available are only a few of the delicious menu items you can expect to enjoy at your dining experience. Fresh house made desserts, Espresso Flake Ice Cream Cake, House baked Cheesecake with strawberry sauce or Baileys Chocolate Mousse Cake. Make RiverHouse your dining destination. We look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RiverHouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Lunch with friendsqueenbeeDined on 10/11/2014My friends and I enjoyed our visit to your restaurant - the food was very good and to our liking.Special Features:
- not rushing back...grecDined on 9/26/2014burgers were great. warm seafood salad was a disappointment after reading rave reviews about it. prices higher than necessary. seems to cater to a "mature" clientele.Special Features:
- Favourite Summer SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The Riverhouse is one of our favourite summer dining spots.Special Features:
- Nice RestauranthahawDined on 8/26/2014I went there on Tuesday. It was very quite. We were the only table inside. I like the view there, quiet and calm. Food was good and service was great. I will come back with my family again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findDeltaFoodieDined on 8/16/2014I'm so happy we discovered The RiverHouse Restaurant. It is a perfect spot to meet friends and catch up while relaxing on the patio overlooking the boats and watching the sun set. We have never been disappointed in the food and drinks. There is a a nice selection, something for everyone. My husband's favourite is the Jamaican rum ribs and mine is the warm seafood salad. Save room for dessert as the selection is amazing. Service was great. We never felt rushed. We plan to try the brunch soon.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/4/2014Riverhouse restaurant is always great. Lovely setting.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the RiverHouse Restaurant reviews archive.
- good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/3/2014Great spot to be on the deck. Good People watching and good foodSpecial Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2014Everything was great as usual. Our waitress Amy was very, very pleasant and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentinesBreakaway19Dined on 2/13/2014We went here on the night before Valentine's Day to avoid the rush. Overall, it was a good experience. The only negative was our waitress who was a little absent minded and not the quickest in terms of her service. There was no reason for the slow service as it was only about half full. The food was above average and the atmosphere was pleasant. The views of the river during the day are great. I would recommend the River House. It has good food, fair prices and the view as mentioned is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve 2013MeateaterDined on 12/24/2013Our family of 4 enjoyed a very nice Christmas Eve meal together at this restaurant. Service was very good even though the room was full and it seemed they were running a little short staffed. The food was excellent and we certainly will return again. Our last meal here was in the warmer summer months and we were able to sit out on the deck enjoying the river views and sunshine. Highly recommend for any season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate anything here2CouplesDined on 12/13/2013A great place to celebrate anything here, one choice was a birthday, and it is always special. Love the view the ambiance; the choice of food is right, too. Outdoor dining here, weather permitting, is a favourite of ours.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4DarcygirlDined on 11/1/2013OpenTable works like a charm when you need a reservation and con't have time to call, or the restaurant is not even open yet! Our table with our name was right there on the computer screen when we arrived and we were seated promptly. The food and service were very good.Special Features:
- great outdoor patiohawkfanDined on 7/26/2013great outdoor patio. Menu choices limited but adequate. cost moderate-value good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arm ChairSereneDined on 6/22/2013On June 22nd my husband and I dined at the River House. We had a window table inside. When I sat down I grabbed the arms of my chair to move the chair closer to the table and the arms of the chair moved with me and away from the rest of the chair. Later on in the evening, my husband had a similar experience with his chair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset MarinasideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2013What a beautiful dinner we had on the deck with a view of the marina. The evening was picture perfect. The food and service were great, the sunset was gorgeous and the company grand. All in all a very memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River House is a perfect spotAAAADined on 6/21/2013River House is a perfect spot for patio dining on a summer evening. All the meals in our group were excellent - warm seafood salad, halibut and chips. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013Our meals were great, but since it was Father's Day, I was surprised there wasn't a special 'dinner' menu and that the tables weren't set a little fancier, ie. table clothes perhaps. Apparently, we missed out....there had been a Father's Day brunch/buffet had we come earlier in the day - I'm sure it was delicious. It was a very quiet evening, very few people in the restaurant - our reservations were at 7:15pm We'll be back to enjoy another meal soon. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013This was our first visit for Father's Day brunch. Sitting on the patio on such a beautiful day was perfect. The buffet had mainly breakfast items so at 1:45pm I would have preferred more lunch type items. However, the freshly BBQd salmon and salads were very good. The bakery items were also very good as there is an in-house pastry chef there. If you are with a large group and want separate bills, please make sure you tell your server that at the beginning so you will avoid delays in paying your bill. Although we were asked at the time of reservation if we would want separate bill, that message did not get passed along to the server. Overall we had a good experience and would go back again.Special Features:
- Good food, service could be betterPeteDined on 6/14/2013Good food, their prices seem to be going up to the point where there are better alternatives. Service was a little slow and our meals were just "plopped" on the table without any time or effort to make sure it was correct. Also, my wife's tea came with curdled milk and it took 3 returns to get it right!!! By the time it was corrected 30 minutes passed, she already finished her desert and it was time to go. And, they charged her for it!!! Its things like this that make or break. There are enough good restaurants out there. So the three times I've been there, 2 had issues. Would I go back? Only for a quick pub snack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely halibut special. FriendlyDrDinerDined on 6/10/2013Lovely halibut special. Friendly server. Great fresh apple pie for dessert. Beautiful view of the marina. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Lunch with friendsUNOgalsDined on 5/22/2013When we arrived there were only a couple tables in use, as the lunch crowd started arriving the noise level went up. Two of us had the Chicken Pot Pie with a salad which was delicious. Good size portions. The other had a Cesar Salad with Chicken she enjoyed it as well. The service was friendly, and we were not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterDeltansDined on 5/12/2013The Mother's day brunch was not as good as in the past. The buffet was right at the kitchen which created a traffic problem. Some of the food was over done / dry (Chicken). Otherwise this is a great spot for dinner. Great location etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- River House Restaurant Has It AllFergieDined on 5/12/2013A splendid dining experience for our family of four from when we arrived and were seated in a lovely view table overlooking the water until we left. The Sunday Brunch was the best and we have enjoyed it often with a full range of hot and cold food items topped off by an exciting choice of desserts. The staff went out of their way to make our dining experience enjoyable and unforgetful. The chef's crew were up earlly preparing only the freshest of foods into the tastiest of dishes. Friendliness was shown by our servers at all times. The interior decor of the restaurant complements the river setting. We are always surprised by the variety of choices which provide solutions to dietary concerns and have mant gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2013The food was delicious. We were there on opening so it was very quite.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We love this restaurant and return here whenever we can or have a special celebration.Special Features:
- Valentines dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013I had the surf and turf and the lobster tail was not good at all. The Steak and vegetables were very good. I do not think the tails were fresh or possibly cooked way in advanced. For the price they charged for dinner i would have expected a better lobster tail. Their specials were confusing since if you ordered off their regular menu you ended up getting a better deal. I would not go back since i would not know what i would be getting if i did.
- Our waitress was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Our waitress was wonderful. I can only say the cook was having an off night or filling in for the actual cook. We did eat our meals and didn't make any complaints at the time. It just wasn't great and the couple beside us actually rejected their meals and said they weren't edible.
- River House Restaurant alwaysqueenbeeDined on 1/29/2013River House Restaurant always lives up to expectations and we would never hesitate to take out of town guests there for lunch or dinner. Very obliging with special requests - nothing was too much trouble.Special Features:
- Fantastic reestaraunt, withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/29/2012Fantastic reestaraunt, with a surprising selection of gluten free options, including a full range of GF desserts.Special Features:
- Seeing I booked a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Seeing I booked a reservation 2 weeks in advance asking for a window seat I was very disaapointed when I arrived and my party was situated in the middle of the restaurant. One of my guests has hearing aides that picked up all the noises in the restaurant so was really unable to hear the conversation at our table. We asked for calamari and was told you were all sold out,waited 1 1/2 hours to eat and 2 of our orders did not come at all as your cook forgot to cook the steaks so my children had to get something they really didnt want.the only thing i enjoyed was the waitress sence of humour. will not recommend this restaurant and thats disappointing since i have aten there before and enjoyed it.
- The food was great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2012The food was great as usual but the service was not. Obviously the restaurant was short staffed so it made for a long wait. Our waitress was very apologitic and we had no problem with her but she did miss bringing us bread, which we finally asked for and finally asked again and got at the end of the meal. We were disappointed as this was the first time for the other couple with us. Not a good recommendation for them.Special Features:
- I had breaded oysters andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2012I had breaded oysters and they were great!!!!! We had to ask to have the music turned down so we could hear each other.Special Features:
- We ate in the dining roomOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2012We ate in the dining room (we did not go into the Pub); it was great. The warm seafood salad was delicious...we will be back for more.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012Sunday brunch was very good - busy and somewhat noisy but restaurant was full so not unexpected. Fast service especially with it being full.Special Features:
- Jacquie MOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2012Celebrating a friends 101st Birthday! Everything about our evening at the RiverHouse was excellent! Chef prepared special appetizer for our group, which was devine. We couldn't have asked for more! Upon leaving the "Birthday Girl" said, we're coming back here!!!! Thank you to all the staff for your attentive service and helping in making this Birthday so specialSpecial Features:
- I was very surprised thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012I was very surprised that there were so few people dining since it was Thanksgiving Day! Hmmm! Maybe there is a reason. The turkey dinner was lukewarm, the pumpkin pie was stale (the whipped cream, though in copious amounts, was fake), no one offered bread to start with (though the couple at the next table got bread, but along with the starter - that is not when it usually comes, right?), the room was cold etc. It was clear that the server was new - no harm to that, but no one was checking to see how she was doing. Overall, a rather disappointing experienceSpecial Features:
- The patio was beautiful. ItstarsquirrelDined on 8/30/2012The patio was beautiful. It overlooks the south arm of the Fraser. This restaurant accommodates large groups and they have a private room that seats at least 2 dozen people - great feature if you're looking to host a group. If you're in a small party when a big one has booked, however, be prepared to wait a while for your food.Special Features:
- The waitress assumed we leftOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012The waitress assumed we left her 30% tip for so so service, took the money, said thanks and never came back. We were too embarrassed to say anything, that was so unprofessional, the worst waitress ever!
- Our group of 6 has lunch atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2012Our group of 6 has lunch at the Riverhouse every couple of months and it never disappoints. The lunch menu has a wide variety of typical offerings, all well-prepared. The setting is lovely, especially on a summer afternoon, the food is very good and the service is friendly and efficient. One member of our group has difficulty swallowing and the staff is discrete, considerate and accommodating about the special preparation needed for her meal. I have no hesitation in recommending the Riverhouse for a great lunch!Special Features:
- Good service, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2012Good service, great food, will return again for sure!Special Features: