Riverhorse on Main
540 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Riverhorse on Main
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.riverhorseparkcity.com/
- Phone: 4356493536x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 nights with dinner starting at 5:00PM
Sunday Brunch from 11-2
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Seth Adams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
- Catering: Whether it is an opulent celebration for hundreds, or an intimate dinner, the Riverhorse brings it 27 years of four star dining into your home or event space. From organizing a cocktail reception, buffet or seated dinner, every detail is finessed so that clients may relax and enjoy. The consistency of magnificent food and service from the Riverhorse, makes an event designed by us, a reason to indulge.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the Management Team at Riverhorse On Main to create a Private Party that fits your needs. Our team is available for both on-site and off-site catering and events.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Palmer 435-649-3536x
- Entertainment: Utah's finest Pop and Jazz entertainers perform nightly.
A word from Riverhorse on Main
Riverhorse on Main offers award-winning cuisine in Park City's most spectacular setting. The restaurant has been a DiRoNA award recipient since 1995 and is the only restaurant in Utah to receive the Mobile Travel Four Star Award.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Riverhorse on Main - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Riverhorse on Main reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)fit for foodies (73)romantic (58)great for outdoor dining (51)notable wine list (39)good for groups (32)scenic view (29)hot spot (26)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I took my wife for her birthday. While I had eaten at riverhorse previously and know it is a great place my wife now loves it too. Thanks for another great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodKevlovesfoodDined on 10/16/2014We dined here for our anniversary. The food was delicious! We enjoyed the Spicy Shrimp appetizer, the Filet Mignon and Macadamia Nut crusted Halibut, and then for dessert, the Death by Chocolate. Service was great, all serving staff were very attentive. We would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- ConciergeVIPDined on 10/15/2014Riverhorse is consistently excellent... one of my favorite restaurants on Park City. The menu offers a variety of well prepared appetizers, entres and the desserts are amazing... best blue berry cobbler ever, served with an indulgent scoop of Hagendaz ice cream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fathom17Dined on 10/15/2014Riverhorse has now become my favorite restaurant in Utah. I took my husband here for his birthday this past week and we were both first-time diners. EVERYTHING about the food and the service was amazing. From the chef's complimentary bites... to the bread with the herbed butter... to the heirloom tomato salad with fried goat cheese that we split... to the surf and turf my husband ordered and the crab and scallop entree I ordered... to the complimentary blueberry cobbler my husband chose for his birthday dessert. Everything was over the top fantastic and the service met that same level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food! GREAT SPOTNewtotownDined on 10/13/2014Wow, what a great Chef! Food was amazing, exceptional selection of menu items. Halibut, wild game and foie gras were favorites at our table. The table next to us had some amazing looking steaks and ocean trout. Had a great experience, terrific server. We went on a Monday night, crowded, definitely "the spot". Can't want to go again!!Special Features:
- Poor acoustics, much too loudFluffy1Dined on 10/10/2014Food was okay, but was completely reduced in value because of the excessive noise. We had to scream to communicate. They need to put in sound panels on the walls.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every waytroytDined on 10/6/2014It was our first time going to this restaurant. The ambiance was phenomenal. Colin, our server, did a fantastic job. The food was absolutely incredible. Highly recommend the red trout and halibut. Will be going again.Special Features:
- LABJMBVIPDined on 10/4/2014Three different fish entrees were perfectly prepared, pork tenderloin was tender and tasty. The iceberg salad was amazing, loved the poached egg.Special Features:
- Park City JemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Consistently one of, if not the top steak house in Park City. Great food, great service.Special Features:
- Dont miss out!Cottonpuff2Dined on 9/28/2014It was a fantastic place for a birthday! Delicious food very professional and a beautiful atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner!TetonRoseVIPDined on 9/25/2014We came to Park City for the first time to celebrate my birthday. I did research on the many wonderful restaurants in the area and picked Riverhorse. Talked to some locals who advised us to be prepared for an expensive evening. Yes it was, but it was TOTALLY worth it! Riverhorse had a wonderful atmosphere, complete with a fantastic singer/guitar player for background music. The service was superior! Our entrees were absolutely amazing! I had the macadamia nut encrusted halibut. I will forever crave that dish. Loved it with the mashed potatoes and broccolini! My husband had the scallops and crab! Delicious! The evening was absolutely perfect! I highly recommend Riverhorse!Special Features:
- Wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/20/2014We really like going to the Riverhorse. It is a delightful restaurant with good food and we had a great waitress. Unfortunately the singer the night we went was just too loud, it was hard to hear each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Saturday dinnerJulieVIPDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The seating in the main room is fabulous, nice atmosphere. Our food was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice ambiencescscVIPDined on 9/10/2014Food here was excellent. We also had a server who was knowledgeable, funny,and on hand when you needed himSpecial Features:
- Still one of best in Park CityOpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 9/9/2014We've been going to Riverhorse for at least 25 years and it has always been one of the best 2 or 3 restaurants in Park City. It seems to be constantly upgrading itself. Since our last visit there has been a significant remodel of the original part of the restaurant, changing it from a rather large, not especially attractive room to a smaller and much more comfortable space, in addition to adding a bar area and completely moving the kitchen. The newer (relatively) part has not changed much, bit didn' y have to. Food has remained as excEllent as ever; rather simple dishes done very well. Often moderately embellished classicreparation, but never outrageous or puzzling. Pretty much a "must go"in Park City.Special Features:
- Overcooked Filet x 2ParkCityGuyDined on 9/6/2014I've lived in Park City for several years but never taken an opportunity to eat at the River Horse so this was my first experience. Both of our beef filets were ordered medium rare, but arrived between medium and well done. My friend was having such a good time I didn't raise the issue with the server and found the filet to be respectable if only because it was of good quality. It was only after that she mentioned that her filet was not prepared properly either. The limited menu that evening consisted of one fish dish (halibut) and various red meats with potatoes. Life is too short to drop $200 on dinner and be disappointed.Special Features:
- ForgtNamesIUsedForgtNamesIUsedVIPDined on 9/5/2014Dinner at Riverhorse was the best meal during a 3 day visit to Park City. It was expensive as compared to the value received. Very noisy. "Heavenly" halibut was reported to be very good. Lamb chops were "okay".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening!AmsterdamDined on 9/5/2014Park City is beautiful. That's a given. Sitting on the balcony are Riverhorse made the evening perfect. Our waiter, Tyler, was so attentive and a always ready whenever we needed him. Absolutely no complaints about the food. I ordered the Halibut with Macadamia nuts; it was so tender and the flavor was to die for. The atmosphere is great. I love how the restaurant is decorated. We had a live singer who was really good and the music choice was perfect for the evening. We could sing along, which made the evening light-hearted and warm.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant!Eatsteelo79Dined on 8/31/2014We were a large boisterous group of 7 and we enjoy our food/wine/and a good time (meaning: we can get loud). The restaurant does it right by keeping large groups in a section away from other diners to avoid disturbing romantic dinners and smaller groups. Service was spot-on and the food was really good! Not a big fan of wild game, but the Trio of Elk, Venison and Buffalo was THE best I've ever had. I generally steer away from game meat because of the potential game-y taste, but there wasn't a hint of it (farm-raised). Fried chicken is good, but I prefer it traditional (they smoke theirs), and the macadamia nut crusted halibut was excellent! Will definitely make Riverhorse a go-to dining spot everytime we visit Park City.Special Features:
- Fantastic Anniversary Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014This was our first time at Riverhorse and we were not disappointed! The food was delicious, the service was outstanding and our server went out of her way to make our anniversary celebration special. We definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is astonishing!happy2beeDined on 8/30/2014From the first bite to the last our party of four was in awe. How can anyone cook this well? The flavors, the textures...so fabulous and one of our very favorite wines was on the excellent wine list. Considering we first ate at The River Horse in 1992, this place has had an amazing run. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food & top-notch servicekfrattsblandDined on 8/30/2014As always, Riverhorse does not disappoint. From the ambiance to the view to the food and service, you can always expect the highest quality. Plus, the live music was fantastic! My husband had the filet and I had the halibut, and both dishes were cooked perfectly. Thank you, Riverhorse staff, for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We love the Riverhorse. We celebrated our anniversary and our friend's birthday. We had a fabulous time. Our server, Molly was very attentive and so much fun!Special Features:
- GlennSGlennSDined on 8/29/2014The Riverhorse on Main had a fabulous menu including appetizers. We loved the food that was prepared with care and presentation was excellent as well. The service was outstanding, from the moment we stepped into the restaurant, a waiter helped my somewhat invalid wife up the stairs, and when she took a little too long in the restroom, asked me if he could ask one of the female staff to check on her. And he wasn't even our waiter. I had the rack of lamb in a cherry sauce, cooked to perfection. My wife had the halibut, which she said was also delicious. We didn't try their deserts. The only negative was that it was a very noisy environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River horse not funDineoutBobDined on 8/29/2014We had very special guests with us from New York. I had made reservations 3 weeks in advance and confirmed the day of the reserv. To our surprise there was a wedding taking place in the restaurant. They sat us in a very poor location by the kitchen, we could not even here ourselves to talk. Very Very disappointing. Many opportunies to inform us. Poor management organization. Weddings should be scheduled Mon-Thurs not Friday eve.Special Features:
- PCFoodieDined on 8/17/2014Slight menu changes since our last visit. Ahi tuna and soft shell crab entrees were great, new items recently added to menu. Still one of the best restaurants to be found in Park City.Special Features:
- Wednesday Night DinnerzlampDined on 8/13/2014The food was amazing worth going just for the food, but the service was not the best. Noise level was way too loud and again this was on a Wednesday. All in all it was a good experience but was not a home run for me.Special Features:
- Noise Can Overwhelm the ExperiencehardaleeDined on 8/13/2014We have come here for dinner several times because the food is very good and the service is even better. Like so many restaurants today though the place is noisy with high ceilings and no attempt to dampen the sounds. On this particular night there was a piano player/vocalist who added to the noise level. Just the piano would have been OK but the amplified sound of her less than appealing voice became an unwelcome distraction to dinner for all four of us. We will definitely check ahead about the entertainment before we come again.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOreosandChardonnayVIPDined on 8/11/2014Recommended by SLC native as the best restaurant in Park City; we couldn't agree more! Everyone recommended the signature halibut, so we ordered and were happy we did. Salad of roasted beets, arugula, pancetta & lemon panacotta was truly a stroke of genius. The halibut was cooked to perfection and surrounded by a delightful citrus gastric with dollops of mango and mint puree. Only let down was Death by Chocolate dessert which consisted of 5 variants on the theme; "Truffles" were a warm, undercooked doughy, unappetizing odd mess that I had to spit out; white chocolate-pistachio bark had no flavor; the chocolate shake was warm, but ice cream & flourless torte were true chocolate decadence. Reserve seat on balcony for great view & service.Special Features:
- Table too close togetherCharlesRVIPDined on 8/9/2014There was barely enough room between tables for the waiters to service the dinners. Food was very good and lots of it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined twice. Just average.WDP3VIPDined on 8/9/2014Ate here for the second time this weekend and can't say we will go back. The oysters and duck confit were good although the latter was more like fried chicken. Our mains lacked flavor and seasoning, the fried chicken and halibut respectively. Service was very good...thank you Colin. To cap the night off we had a woman nursing her baby in full view (ie no attempt at discretion) across from us. While generally we have no issue with this it's not what I want to see during a nice meal...especially at 8pm on a Saturday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Painfully noisy, but good foodTheGoodDinerDined on 8/6/2014The cuisine was tasty, but the noise level was exceedingly high. Nothing was done to have sound-absorbing walls. Any why the restaurant then turns up the music level is baffling. Restaurants sure know how to destroy what otherwise could be a lovely evening.
- Still number 1OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014Still my number one spot for dinner in Park City. The food is fabulous and so is the service.Special Features:
- Great food ok serviceBroadway99VIPDined on 8/2/2014First visit. Pretty restaurant with great food. Beautiful food presentation and tasted good too. Waitress needed training. Brought check without our asking while we were still eating our dessert. Not what I would expect at this price restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time for anniversaryTheFaulksDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I had dinner here for our Anniversary, and overall it was a good experience. The restaurant had wonderful live entertainment, and although our service started out slow, it got much better as the night went on. The only complaints we had were that the lamb was slightly over cooked and my wife's salad was not done to order. The food was still good, but for the price we were just slightly disappointed it was not exactly to how we had ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to get service back on trackJaneSLCDined on 7/26/2014Food was fantastic as usual, but was an off night for service. Hopefully on our next visit they will return to the excellent and courteous service we have come to expect over the years. Great music - Mister Sister trio was playing during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Park City experienceACCJfunDined on 7/26/2014Fantastic restaurant--exceptional food and wonderful service. If you want an exceptional night out, start with dinner or drinks here. The food is somc of the best I've had and I've eaten all over the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular and nice....butwam1Dined on 7/24/2014it is so noisy that it was difficult to carry on a conversation. They have a piano player/singer who cranks up her microphone and people then talk even louder. The architecture of the place contributes to the extreme noise level....very high ceiling with a glass section. Food was fine - not stellar, but fine. Unfortunately with the prices on the wine list (over three times retail) it is disappointing. A new owner took over four years ago and claims to have spent $1mm on renovations.....he should have paid attention to his air conditioning more than he did because it is terribly inadequate for the size of the space. Sun pours in the windows from the west and it was very hot inside....of course, during ski season it isn't a problem.Special Features:
- ONE OF THE BEST IN PARK CITY!ScottsdalefoodieDined on 7/24/2014My husband & I are never disappointed with this restaurant. We dine here every time we are in Park City and the food and service is truly the BEST on Main Street! The ambiance is lovely and special attention is paid to making sure the dining experience is excellent. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Superb Restaurant in Park CitySouthernBelleDined on 7/23/2014Excellent service; each and every bite was delicious. There was live music, sunshine streaming in through floor to ceiling windows and dining on balcony, if you wished. The view of the mountainside was gorgeous, of course. It simply could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.