2 Market Street
Wilmington, NC 28401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://riverboatlanding.com/
- Phone: 910-763-7227
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: Brunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30m - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: The Morgan Brothers- Alex and Nate
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Riverboat Landing
Downtown Wilmington's landmark dining destination. At the foot of Market Street with balconies overlooking the Cape Fear River, a second floor "al fresco" dining room and views to the Battleship North Carolina. Built in 1854, the unique blue building is featured in countless renditions of Wilmington's historic waterfront and endures as one of the areas most recognized restaurants, not only for the character of the architecture but the quality of the cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Riverboat Landing - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Riverboat Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (51)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (35)special occasion (29)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great food and view!CricketDined on 8/30/2014This was our second trip to Riverboat Landing-- their food is outstanding, and the balcony seating that overlooks the river amazing and very romantic for couples looking for a special night out. The only disappointment I had with the experience had nothing to do with the restaraunt itself, but rather that we could smell the sewage from beneath the city street since we had one of the awesome balcony seats. That can be a little unappetizing-- we did not notice the smell the other time we went. Again, nothing to do with the restaraunt- they are amazing on food quality and we would recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic night out in Wilmington.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely time at the River Boat Landing! The two person balcony setting was perfect for my boyfriend's 30th birthday celebration. Tyler, our waitor, was also awesome. He was personable, funny and made some great food recommendations. Definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014A great corner spot and if you are lucky enough to get a balcony spot, you have gorgeous views. Clam chowder was great.Special Features:
- Great Service, Great View of River!HealthyVegetarianDined on 8/16/2014I haven't been to Wilmington in quite some time. The traffic near the University seems to have increased, but this was a busy weekend. We had lunch on one of the Balconies overlooking the riverfront. It was raining, but that didn't deter the experience. We read some of the trip advisor comments about other local restaurants old and new. Most who did not enjoy the experience seemed to comment on staff. The restaurant host and staff were great. We were seated quickly, had a phenomenal waiter, Tyler, and great food. Still, the friendliness of staff is always paramount to us and The Riverboat Landing did not disappoint!Special Features:
- Good food. Off night for service?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Got a outdoor balcony for 2, which was quite romantic and provided a great sunset view and ability to listen to the nearby concert. Our good was really good. I had a burger and my girlfriend had a salad. Service was subpar. Our waitress was polite. But nonexistent at times. I had to go down to the bar to request our bill after waiting for 20 mins for it. Will definetly try again. Hopefully just a off night for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People watch yes, food norodandterriVIPDined on 8/10/2014Location is great but food is not. Steak was very tough and chewy. Salad had very wilted lettuce. Sides were very bland. This was my third visit here because I believe in giving a place multiple times before I go to the trouble of writing a review. I stand by this one.
- Great place!HerfnerdDined on 8/2/2014Right in the heart of the Historic District overlooking the water. Excellent food at a fair price. Very casual. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Looks Better from the OUtsideDavidVIPDined on 8/1/2014Alsways wanted to eat here on visits to Wilmington, especially the outside balcony's with view of the river and downtown. Unfortunately, everything about the restaurant was blah. Very old inside and dated (not in a good way). Table was sticky. Silverware was dirty. Waitress was nice but didn't know anything about wine. Although the Left Bank Pinot Noir was chilled properly. Food - yuk. Caprese salad was not cold, Shrimp & Grits were terrible with clumpy grits. Will never go here again.
- Nice view but...SomedayDined on 8/1/2014Good was seriously lacking. Had the grilled mahi which was over salted but, more importantly, was clearly not fresh and had to be returned. Got jambalaya as a replacement dish which was also over salted. The balcony seating was lovely but the interior decor lacked Ny sort of charm. Service was friendly and nice.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedRarelyreviewDined on 7/31/2014We had reasonable expectations due to trip advisor and yelp reviews. We should have clued in when we arrived at the restaurant for our 7:15 reservation 30+ minutes to find a nearly empty restaurant. We requested a balcony seat and were told we'd have a 20 minute wait. We waited at the bar to order a drink and no on was there at first to take our order. We were seated on one of the private balconies and noticed every one of the approximately 6 private balconies were emtpy with available tables/seating. Our waitress Kim was pleasant. We ordered salmon and steak. We didn't wait long for our food to be delivered to our table but had to ask for utensils. The presentation of the meal was good but the food itself was bland. The salmon was thin.Special Features:
- Nice menuAlexwilmingtonDined on 7/27/2014Food always good but Sunday night wham we went the menu was more limited than I had hoped. Web site listed a great variety of choices but when we got there we had hard printed menus that looked dated (dig earred) not the paper menus I was used to. Last times there were more imaginative choices on a Saturday and even week night. Seemed to have more tables than servers. Will return but maybe not on a Sunday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu completely different vs onlineJerzsubbieDined on 7/19/2014The menu was drastically different compared to what was on their site. Different seafood dishes and different cuts of steak. Neither of the dishes we wanted from the online menu was on the menu at the restaurant. We almost left, and had we known the service would be so poor, we would have. Our server was very nice but never brought us a bread basket, even after asking, though every other table had 1 and got seconds. Twice our drinks were empty and she was nowhere to be found for about 3-5min. Honestly, I've gotten better service at Friday's. The food was great and is the only redeeming quality to compliment the great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014The hostess and wait staff seemed very frazzled and a bit overwhelmed. But once we finally got seated, our service was adequate and the food was delicious. The two of us shared the arancini appetizer and an entree -Sirloin medallions with garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus, and were completely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location Great, Food OKRaleighJacketDined on 7/13/2014On the plus side, our server was excellent and very attentive and we had no problems getting a seat on a Sunday night. The food was not bad but just OK, especially considering the price we paid. We both had the sirloin steak with a side of seafood (shrimp and salmon) and it was good but not outstanding. We compared it with a dinner we had in Swansboro the next night and, for the same price, it was no comparison. It was too hot to sit outside, which was the main reason we made a reservation here, so that may have made a difference. I would say to go either later at night in the summer so you can sit on the balcony without roasting or visit in a cooler season of year to really take advantage of the restaurant ambience.Special Features:
- Greatsb63Dined on 7/2/2014Had a wonderful experience here. Food was very good and our waiter was very friendly. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great room with a view!Suzanne64Dined on 7/2/2014Got reservations here the day before meeting some friends for dinner. They wanted someplace with a view of the river and Riverboat Landing did not disappoint in that category! Arrived early and were given the intimate upstairs room - perfect for us, as we had not seen our friends in awhile and welcomed the chance to actually hear everyone in our party of 8! The host and our server were very friendly and helpful. Started with cold NC craft beer and Crab Dip appetizer - good. My husband and I had the Shrimp & Grits - would have liked the grits to not have been so runny, but good flavor and nice sized shrimp. Vegetarian daughter had Spinach Ravioli - good. Desserts - ok. Only negative is that I don't think our friends liked their steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFernBDined on 6/30/2014Every time I eat at the Riverboat Landing, I tell myself to come here more often. The service is top-notch, and the cuisine is excellent. Our knowledgeable waiter Dave made excellent menu suggestions, and everyone in our party was delighted with their food and the attentive, though not intrusive, service. The gazpacho was a must-have, and the fish and pasta dishes always excel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014The outside patio view was amazing. The food was great. Our server was just outstanding. She went above and beyond and had a great attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for date.Bakerboy828Dined on 6/22/2014Saw this place when on vacation in Wilmington off the riverboat ride from battleship. Saw people eating on balcony and wanted to try it. Best decision ever bc the view was amazing over the water and the sunset over the battleship. My date and I enjoyed the amazing food and it was moderately priced and didn't take to long. Repeat coming here when ever I'm coming thru town. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great; service stunkJdbWilmingtonDined on 6/21/2014Arrived to find rude bartender and missing hostess. He actually told us to find "Stephanie" to seat us. Asked for booth; given table even though two booths were open and remained so during our entire dinner. Menu was filthy and not the same one posted on website. Food was good and arrived without much delay. Returned cocktails as they were too heavy on alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience and foodcharlieDined on 6/20/2014We ate at one of the outdoor balcony tables for two and enjoyed the music from the downtown sundown concert. The food was great and service was fantastic! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findrjniederDined on 6/20/2014Not the talk of the town but not horrible. The food was above average and well presented. I would not go out of my way to return BUT I would return if I was in the area.Special Features:
- Birthday romanceJenJenDined on 6/18/2014I chose this place for the balcony sitting to view the river scene. It was a gorgeous sunset. It was my boyfriends 50th birthday and we really enjoyed everything. The food was perfectly prepared! Great favor and portions! The waitress was very attentive. Definitely suggest for anyone on a date or for just a romantic night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed this year.SadmountaineerDined on 6/17/2014Two years ago this was one of my favorite places to eat in Wilmington. This year many of our favorites were missing from the menu. The lighting was too dark and the service was lacking. My family and I were very disappointed and will not return next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Loved it!floridagalDined on 6/14/2014I picked out this restaurant based on the reviews, and it was even better than expected. The view from our table by the window was beautiful. We watched the sun set over the cape fear while enjoying the most delicious food. The mozzarella balls (sorry, can't remember the real name) were amazing! We had everything from steak to burgers and it was all fantastic. Would highly recommend and will definitely visit again on our next trip to Wilmington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balcony seating is great for twoFrenchFanDined on 6/7/2014The private balcony dining is the best part of the experience. You're suspended over a vibrant part of the downtown scene, which makes for great people watching. And at the right time of day, you can catch the sunset over the Cape Fear River & the Carolina battleship. The food is good--I had a chilled seafood & rice-noodle dish that trumped the shrimp & sausage my husband had. We did get a very fine bottle of wine (& tasty cocktails) & enjoyed considerate if not always prompt service. Very recommended for its unique atmosphere for couples; not a must for larger groups for dinner at least.Special Features:
- Fun and romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014I was on vacation with my girlfriend and we were recommended to eat here. The food was cooked really well. But the selling point is definitely the private balcony tables. We thought if was really romantic and added to the experience. My only negative would be that they didn't have daily specials....you're located right next to fishing boats, why not have a catch of the day at least. Good stuff otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service sucks, food greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014My first time at river landing. I book this party for some of my wedding party. I was reading the reviews and they were great. Food was awesome. The service was not up to par for 20 people reservation. I would appreciate more if they would have told me that they could not service that many a week of head. We ordered food and it took an hour to get it. I have been to places where the party was bigger and service was better.Special Features:
- ServiceneeceeDined on 5/30/2014Food was great. Server was too much in a hurry, offered dessert before entree was finished, frequently cleared table of items. Food came quickly also. Only obe other table of diners so they were not 'busy'. We were in and out in 45 min. Not a relaxed experience. Also....requested a nice table for 4 via Open Table.......don't think hostess was aware if request. There were 'nicer' table locations than we were seated at.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and DelciousPGHfoodloverDined on 5/29/2014My experience was very positive at Riverboat Landing. The food was delicious, the service was prompt and not overbearing. The atmosphere of the restaurant was historical and very charming. If I am ever in the area again, I will be sure to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River ViewMikeDined on 5/28/2014Great view and privacy on outside balcony. Friendly and courteous staff.Special Features:
- Favorite place for lunchSaryDined on 5/28/2014This is my second time at riverboat landing. I had the opportunity this time to sit at the balcony. My food was wonderful, my waitress was great. Beautiful view! Highly recommend this place. I will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodhorribleDined on 5/25/2014Ran out of menu items and waited till we ordered to say " we are put of that food item". $30 bottle of wine does not have a cork! Food was cold and very bland / not seasoned! We payed for wine and left!!!
- Beautiful and Romantic!PocimancioDined on 5/25/2014My wife and I went there while we were visiting Wilmington, and it was an amazing experience. You can see the sunset on the harbor from the balconies, and the balconies are very private and romantic. The view from the balconies was spectacular, and the service was also great! I just wish they would expand their menu a little bit more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place to Eat!KMMandAWMDined on 5/19/2014Riverboat Landing was a great place to eat we got the fried pickles as an appitizer.. They were pretty good the chili sauce was amaze. And for or main course we got the riverboat burger and fries. The plate display was gorgeous and the food was to die for. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone I know. We set on the balcony over looking the Cape Fear River and Riverwalk and the view was spectacular. It was definitely a romantic type place which was perfect for us because me and my husband were on our honeymoon. I would definitely love to eat there again and this time maybe do dinner. I know that it would be even better to sit on the balcony and eat at night with the whole town lit up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014Good location and ambience. Drinks were a bit pricey, but tasted goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Spotcck94Dined on 5/13/2014I took my girlfriend here for our one year anniversary despite some less than stellar reviews on Yelp. I can honestly say that the risk payed off. We were able to get balcony seating, which overlooks the river and is very pretty. Naturally this led to a slightly louder dining experience due to the shoppers below, but the view was well worth it. If you do decide to dine on a balcony, BRING SUNGLASSES! The glare of the setting sun over the river can be quite bright. The service was wonderful and my Mahi Mahi was excellent. It is a little pricey, but that is to be expected. Overall, this is a great date spot for special occasions.Special Features:
- Last Minute ReservationMAYOUNGDined on 5/10/2014The day's schedule spilled over into the early evening, causing a quick redirect. Using the Open Table app on the fly...... we made the reservation, parked, and were seated within 20 minutes. Our meal was simply outstanding!Special Features:
- Balcony dining, view, great food!DoubleVDined on 5/10/2014The service was excellent and timely. The private balcony dining was a great touch with an excellent view of the water. The food tasted great, it was cooked perfectly, and presented well. Prices were very fair considering the location. Recommend without hesitation.Special Features:
- The following 342 reviews are from the Riverboat Landing reviews archive.
- DeliciousLcwatson32Dined on 4/26/2014The food was delicious, the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.